General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[...]

I worry about them, because being a part of BRF gave them an extra layer of protection, that is taken away now (or more like voluntary given up). We're seeing more and more paparazzi pictures of them, videos, and especially in light of some of the things Harry said, that worries me a lot.

It is worrying and sad. But there is so much going on in the world, I cannot find it to worry about them. They have family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is worrying and sad. But there is so much going on in the world, I cannot find it to worry about them. They have family and friends.

exactly. They may not have liked royal life...and they chose to leave it, which means that they lose some of the protection that royal life brings. But they still have enough money, they have family and friends, they have security men, they chose to move to LA.. so presumably that's where they want to live. other people have far more worries with this crisis than they have.

Yes but Harry has never known another life than the one in the RF, except when he went into the army. He was used to it and I think he must have found that was the normality for him. I Wonder what will be his feelings after a time in "normal" life.

Once again, this thread has been cleaned up.

Members are reminded that if they wish to make speculative statements containing assumptions or hearsay, they must provide a source upon which such speculation, assumption or hearsay is made. By doing so, it allows open discussion and avoids other members having to ask for it.

I wish for them to get all the things they deserve In life and you can take that anyway you want. I will say All the drama around them either originating from them or those around them or the press is very tiresome and boring.

Yes but Harry has never known another life than the one in the RF, except when he went into the army. He was used to it and I think he must have found that was the normality for him. I Wonder what will be his feelings after a time in "normal" life.

Wasn't it true that they were given a one year grace period to decide if this was for them or not? I think that Harry possibly could come back and Meghan might or might not join him. I can't see Harry lasting that long as a normal person.

Wasn't it true that they were given a one year grace period to decide if this was for them or not? I think that Harry possibly could come back and Meghan might or might not join him. I can't see Harry lasting that long as a normal person.

Given the RF’s reaction to Meghan at their last official engagement, there is no way Meghan is going to be allowed back. He’s going to go back as deeply unpopular if he does go back and I don’t think he’ll be able to handle it

Given the RF’s reaction to Meghan at their last official engagement, there is no way Meghan is going to be allowed back. He’s going to go back as deeply unpopular if he does go back and I don’t think he’ll be able to handle it

As their decision to exit their royal lives appears to largely be driven by the headlines in the tabloids (as opposed to sense of duty, commitment to Queen and country etc), who knows what they do next!

I don't think Harry would have been popular without the media's attitude of 'our boy,' and the infinite protection the royal office offers. Maybe none of them would be though. I think if he came back it's over for him really though.

The deal was that the situation would be reviewed in a year. But the fact that they've stayed in America, durng this big crisis may mean that they will be less than welcome with the public in UK

I don't think Harry would have been popular without the media's attitude of 'our boy,' and the infinite protection the royal office offers. Maybe none of them would be though. I think if he came back it's over for him really though.

Oh I think we all pretty much know the answer to that. In fact I think most their actions these days can be summed up in the famous quote, “Never let a good crisis go to waste.” It has been splendid PR.

Harry lived more or less as a normal person for years in the military, to include war zones. I think he can handle living outside the U.K. for an indefineate time.

LaRae

The reactions that matter are those of The Queen and PoW. The only really rude one was from Kate..William was short/polite. The brothers will patch things up eventually. I really don't foresee them coming back though, if it happens likely not for some years.

LaRae

The deal was that the situation would be reviewed in a year. But the fact that they've stayed in America, durng this big crisis may mean that they will be less than welcome with the public in UK

The crisis where all the family were locked into houses?

Exactly what could they have done, assuming they could travel? Made more videos from a U.K. location?

LaRae

I actually understand and this decision. If they had flown back to the UK they would have been criticized for putting themselves, Archie, and others at risk by traveling. Best they isolate in one place like the rest of us are doing.

However, I will honestly be surprised if they do any kind of genuine “time splitting” between LA and the UK once the pandemic is over. They will certainly spend some time there during holidays, but I doubt it will be more than a couple of weeks at a time. I don’t get the impression that Meghan liked living in the UK and I think it’s pretty clear that LA is where they’re going to make their home and raise their child.

Harry lived more or less as a normal person for years in the military, to include war zones. I think he can handle living outside the U.K. for an indefineate time.

LaRae

The military is not normal. In fact it is ideal for people who possess no self regulation.

I hope that theory doesn't come to fruition, I would hate to see a young family split apart. It would be great to see Archie (and any siblings) grow up in a loving home with both his (their) parents.

LaRae

He never lived as a "normal person". he has never had to earn his living, to go out without bodyguards, to worry about losing his job.

I hope that theory doesn't come to fruition, I would hate to see a young family split apart. It would be great to see Archie (and any siblings) grow up in a loving home with both his (their) parents.

I would wish that all children grow up in a stable house of love which provides them with the skills to become resilient adults. No matter how many parents they have or what relationship those parents have.

The crisis where all the family were locked into houses?

Exactly what could they have done, assuming they could travel? Made more videos from a U.K. location?

LaRae

They could have lived more cheaply, and been closer to the Brtiish people. And they were able to travel from Canada to LA so Im sure they could have come to Britain.

I would wish that all children grow up in a stable house of love which provides them with the skills to become resilient adults. No matter how many parents they have or what relationship those parents have.

True but I see no need to wish that a stable family/happy couple would break up so that one of the parents can move back to the UK. Harry & Meghan seem to have a strong love for each other and they deserve happiness as well.

They could have lived more cheaply, and been closer to the Brtiish people. And they were able to travel from Canada to LA so Im sure they could have come to Britain.

Living in LA brings them closer to other family and close friends and provides them with more opportunities for jobs since they aren't working royals any more.

Last edited:
but they are not working at present and Charles is probably shelling out for their security. As for Harry coming back, I suspect if things go pear shaped in the US, Harry is more likely to come back alone.

but they are not working at present and Charles is probably shelling out for their security. As for Harry coming back, I suspect if things go pear shaped in the US, Harry is more likely to come back alone.

There are a lot of people not working right now...a pandemic is putting a damper on things but hopefully it won't last too long. Also we don't know what they are doing behind the scenes, we don't usually hear about their projects until they are ready to go.

I have already shared my thoughts on the Sussex family and Harry returning to the UK. I'm not wishing for the break up of a loving family.

Last edited:
Why would either come back when people are implying they are not allowed in the family and no longer welcomed in the UK? I mean why even bother?

He never lived as a "normal person". he has never had to earn his living, to go out without bodyguards, to worry about losing his job.

He's still done the job, for many years.

LaRae

To what end and for what purpose? To sit in quarantine at Frogmore?

LaRae

Why would either come back when people are implying they are not allowed in the family and no longer welcomed in the UK? I mean why even bother?

Do you honestly think Harry is capable of holding down a 9-5 gig?

Let's say their brand does not take off and the countless millions do not pour in? What would Harry choose to do in this situation? He has never done anything close to what is considered full time work in the real world. In this situation (esp. if he and Meghan are no longer together) he will find it much easier to go back to the UK, and live very comfortably, on one of his father's estates out of the spotlight (basically what Andrew is doing now-except Andrew has his own estate)

Last edited:
Do you honestly think Harry is capable of holding down a 9-5 gig? If their branding does not generate the income they need to keep them in a royal lifestyle what then? As much as I dislike her, Meghan "can hustle to put food on the table". Harry is not capable of doing any such thing-he is not used to having to do any kind of hard work for the immense privileged life he has led and wants to continue to live

First off Harry will never have to hold down a 9 to 5 job. Neither will Meghan.

The idea that he's never had to work hard at a job is ridiculous. Wealthy ppl can and still do work hard. You go spend years in the military then tell me it's not hard work.

LaRae

To what end and for what purpose? To sit in quarantine at Frogmore?

LaRae

That would be better than paying oodles of money for security (and other costs) to sit in quarantine in LA

Why would Harry have to have a 9 -5? Meghan hasn't had one in over a decade. She figured it out. He will too. Maybe it is a good thing.

Well, that would include the other members of the BRF then, most of whom have never had a fulltime working occupation lasting for years.

In fact Harry was in the military for ten years, including two tours of duty in Afghanistan. He also helped build structures in various parts of the world including Lesotho for charities, staying behind on one tour to do so helping to build a school, so he is more than capable of hard graft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom