General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Welcome to The Sussex Family's
General News, Part Two

Commencing April 1, 2020

The previous thread can be found here.
Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Additional Notice:

This thread is to discuss the General News about the Sussex Family.

The Moderating team will not tolerate bickering, in-fighting, snarky comments directed at all and sundry, off-topic discussions, de-railing discussions, back-and-forth arguments or unnecessary debate etc. Such posts would make the thread untenable as well as making browsing the thread an unsavoury experience for the larger portion of our membership base - and will be deleted without notice.

Other members who follow the rules and contribute to a civil discussion should not have to be be penalised with the threat of a thread being closed or by having to navigate through the types of posts described above made by members unable to follow the rules nor able to respect the opinions of others.

We expect our members to act civilly, reasonably and responsibly, as well as having a focus on constructive and mature discussion and debate. Those that do not, will find themselves facing a warning and possible suspension.

This thread will NOT be host to discussion about or including the following:
  • The couple's split from the Royal Family
  • The media, journalists, journalism, paparazzi, photographer, reporters etc
  • Relationship with other members of the Royal Family
  • The Markle family
  • Unsubstantiated unsubstantiated gossip, rumour, speculation or hearsay
  • Accusations or inference of racism towards other posters or members of the media
  • Off-topic remarks
  • Aggressive tones
  • Agenda-driven posts
  • Bickering
  • Repetitive and circular discussion
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and as long as it does not break any of the TRF Rules and Guidelines and meets the above principles, it may be posted here.

Any and all issues are to be directed to the moderating team via private message.

In today’s Daily Mail - the first picture of Prince Harry after stepping down as a working royal (looflirpa), have Harry and Meghan hired Brangelina’s former bodyguard and how the Royal Family are ready to move on.

That picture is a clear photoshop April Fools joke. For papers who claim they are not important they sure are still talking about these non working royals.

They are gone. Let's all move on too.

That picture is a clear photoshop April Fools joke. For papers who claim they are not important they sure are still talking about these non working royals.

They are gone. Let's all move on too.

I bet a lot of people will believe it. I nearly did, it's the clothes that made me doubt it.

I bet a lot of people will believe it. I nearly did, it's the clothes that made me doubt it.

I believed it, lol, for a brief moment - until I saw that it was a joke. The fact that I could believe it of Harry is rather sad to me...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/world/europe/prince-harry-meghan-markle.html
"Buckingham Palace is holding on to the couple’s former communications secretary, Sara Latham. Ms. Latham, an American who has divided her time between Washington and London, will advise Queen Elizabeth II on special projects. A former White House aide who worked for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, Ms. Latham is viewed as well-connected on both sides of the Atlantic."

interesting to see that they didn't keep part of their old team working for them (surely they will need a comms person but they seemed to have hired a new one), and rather had them deployed elsewhere in the palace...

interesting to see that they didn't keep part of their old team working for them (surely they will need a comms person but they seemed to have hired a new one), and rather had them deployed elsewhere in the palace...

Actually they have kept on some of their former staff including Heather Long (long time staffer for Harry) and James Holt (formally of the joint foundation between the Sussexes and Cambridges, then only for the Sussexes). Holt is staying on to work on comms for them.

They also said in their statements in Feb that they were working to either place their staff internally within the BP or working with them to find other placements. Most of their staff decided to leave royal service i.e. Marnie, some moved to work for them in their private endeavors (Travelyst) and some are working on their new charity.

Unlike the inflammatory reports, the staff were told about the decision to close their office in January and the couple made sure to work with their staff to find positions.

(.....) As it is, Sara always was part of the BP staff and always reported to the Queen's staff but was part of the Sussex team.

Actually they have kept on some of their former staff including Heather Long (long time staffer for Harry) and James Holt (formally of the joint foundation between the Sussexes and Cambridges, then only for the Sussexes). Holt is staying on to work on comms for them.

They also said in their statements in Feb that they were working to either place their staff internally within the BP or working with them to find other placements. Most of their staff decided to leave royal service i.e. Marnie, some moved to work for them in their private endeavors (Travelyst) and some are working on their new charity.

Unlike the inflammatory reports, the staff were told about the decision to close their office in January and the couple made sure to work with their staff to find positions.

(.....) As it is, Sara always was part of the BP staff and always reported to the Queen's staff but was part of the Sussex team.

Where was this announced?- that they were retaining these two employees.

[...]

[...]

At the moment their proclamation on their website that they were going to continue to serve the queen and support the people of U.K. now appear even more hollow and false than it did when they published it.

Where was this announced?

[...]

[...]

At the moment their proclamation on their website that they were going to continue to serve the queen and support the people of U.K. now appear even more hollow and false than it did when they published it.

Which part are you asking me about exactly? This is all information that has been shared via statements.

[...]

Incidentally, does anybody know why the Sussex Royal website is still extant? I went to look out of curiosity because it's been mentioned just recently on here. Am I wrong in thinking it was going to end, or at least change its title?

Oh, I forgot to look for the April Fool's jokes. I'll have to look at the other papers for more of them.

I thought it was pretty funny.

Comments questioning why Meghan and Harry didn’t come back to the UK to visit Charles and comments about what the Queen and other royals are doing during the coronavirus shutdown, have been deleted.

If you wish to discuss COVID-19, please take it here. If you wish to discuss the Queen and her response to this health crisis, please take it to the Queen’s Current Events thread.

Incidentally, does anybody know why the Sussex Royal website is still extant? I went to look out of curiosity because it's been mentioned just recently on here. Am I wrong in thinking it was going to end, or at least change its title?

My understanding its that it (and their IG) will be up for a while (until their new sites are up and running) but no longer active. It is still a source of information of the next steps for the Sussexes and have historical value.

I may disagree on H&M's chosen path, and certainly the way they appear to have gone about it, but I think most people on TRF would join me in wishing them all the very best in their future lives.

Please note that a couple of inflammatory posts have been edited and several responses have therefore been deleted.

My understanding its that it (and their IG) will be up for a while (until their new sites are up and running) but no longer active. It is still a source of information of the next steps for the Sussexes and have historical value.

Thank you for that. :flowers:

When Bob Igor was on the red carpet for the Oscars he was asked about the clip of him and Harry discussing Meghan. He stated that it was about Harry telling him that Meghan was going to track a film with them. He didn't know yet.

Now a new interview with the director of the film speaks about how it came about over a dinner in Botswana and how Meghan watched footage back in 2017. Long before this summer. They have been involved for a while.

It was recorded in October.

https://people.com/royals/meghan-ma...filmmaker/?amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

Anyways... just goes to show how people can take something without all the facts and turn it into something else. But what else is new?

I watched it this morning. It was a cute Disney film. Loved the images.

Harry and Meghan have moved on and we need to as well.

We will not be discussing the Sussex's stepping back from their royal duties as this has been discussed IN GREAT DETAIL when it was announced. We will not be comparing royal wives to Meghan, etc.

WE.WILL.NOT.

Any questions should be directed to a member of the TRF moderation team via PM.

Any and all off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Very interesting. Great to hear, and I'll be interested to see how this develops. Nice that it incorporates part of Archie's name!

Harry and Meghan have revealed the name of their new charitable organization: Archewell

Revealed: Prince Harry and Meghan plan non-profit empire under the name Archewell, 'to do something of meaning' https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...meghan-plan-non-profit-empire-name-archewell/

Hm...well...it is interesting that it appears that those articles in early January about the creation of an archefoundation.org/archefoundation.com/IG with the same handle were pretty close to the mark. If I remember right, it was said that the IG was inactive but was followed only by the friend who took their Christmas card photo and that the domains were set up by Meghan's business manager/agent/someone of that nature. It would appear that the domains and the IG were created somewhere around the earliest days of her pregnancy and when the story appeared there were comments that it seems they were named after their son but that wouldn't be possible because they wouldn't have known whether they were having a boy or a girl yet on the date they were set up. I remember at the time those articles being dismissed as tabloid fodder but, at least in this instance, they seemed to be pretty close to spot on even down to the discussion about Archie's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom