General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reminded of my husband bringing my daughter into the maternity ward to meet new babe thinking 'why did you dress her in that!'. It's just a little thing and a lovely video but surely they would have known it would go world wide and could have put him in a nice lightweight cotton outfit.

Last edited:
Okay, having considered the weather, the occasion and who was likely to see it I call BS.

The day seemed warm, it was Archie's first birthday and because he is Royal and the Queens youngest greatgrandchild, the photos will go around the world, ergo a t-shirt and rompers were de rigueur.

There is no virtue of snapping him in pampers in public. My own family were always dressed when we have visitors and certainly when we went out. I am guessing they went for the "Common Touch" and just came off thoughtless. The video was never intended to be private so deciding not to dress him properly is inexcusable.

Last edited:
I'm reminded of my husband bringing my daughter into the maternity ward to meet new babe thinking 'why did you dress her in that!'. It's just a little thing and a lovely video but surely they would have known it would go world wide and could have put him in a nice lightweight cotton outfit.

Could be a cultural thing but yeah he is a year now and that was very new born baby underclothes. And year old babies aren't exactly new borns on the accident front.

Lovely to see him though and he obviously likes being read to and has the routine of turning the pages.

Okay, having considered the weather, the occasion and who was likely to see it I call BS.

The day seemed warm, it was Archie's first birthday and because he is Royal and the Queens youngest greatgrandchild, the photos will go around the world, ergo a t-shirt and rompers were de rigueur.

There is no virtue of snapping him in pampers and the babies in family my own family were always dressed when we have visitors and certainly when we went out.

?

I see the point you make @MARG, but I think this was really about signalling that Meghan will no longer be bound by stuffy British protocol and formality, and that she will allow her son to be filmed in his relaxed "home" ensemble.

I see the point you make @MARG, but I think this was really about signalling that Meghan will no longer be bound by stuffy British protocol and formality, and that she will allow her son to be filmed in his relaxed "home" ensemble.

I think there is a vast space between formal grap and what Archie and she appeared in. Look at the other stories. Everyone looks casual but like I said it could be a cultural thing. Europeans are in general less casual in their clothes and there is a difference in what is considered the norm.

Last edited:
I know that it can be easily corrected, simply was not surw if he does squint though I had the impression in that video from Africa tour.
Lady Louise suffered not because of the difficult birth but because she was born to early, that's a differnece-only for information.
[...]
I am not pleased they used the boy for economic reasons though for a charity,
one can only hope this is not the new plan as the two lack other qualities and
people seem to reduce interest in them, I also do not like "influencers" who show their children any time ....to gain followers, clicks and money.
The way he was dresses seems to be very important to some here,
well, they willingly showed him like this, I do not like it popular or not this child grows and might not like the way he was presented to the world but as those two have proofed before their lack of maturity and breaking rules seems to be all important for them ()
and I can reassure you not many in Europe would dress a child like that for a video,
children have dignity and only up to certain age only the parents can safe it,
but the US and especially the showbiz seems has different priorities.
They knew many people waited for something and used their son, not my favourite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is a vast space between formal grap and what Archie and she appeared in. Look at the other stories. Everyone looks casual but like I said it could be a cultural thing. Europeans are in general less casual in their clothes and there is a difference in what is considered the norm.

Don't get me wrong, I get your point. If I was releasing a video or pictures for public consumpion, I would not dress my children quite like Archie was.

Last edited:
Archie is a one year old. It was a casual setting. What is wrong with that he has on? And honestly from the feedback of the video... many thought it was cute that he was wearing something you would 99% see a baby wearing during playtime/storytime. How is a toddler in a onesie breaking rules?

I think some folks are pretty disconnected with how others live. Please don't go to the midwest/rural areas if you can't handle seeing babies/toddlers in states of 'undress' in public even!

LaRae

Archie is a one year old. It was a casual setting. What is wrong with that he has on? And honestly from the feedback of the video... many thought it was cute that he was wearing something you would 99% see a baby wearing during playtime/storytime. How is a toddler in a onesie breaking rules?
No one is saying anything about "breaking rules" here :flowers: It's just a conversation about preferences - some parents might like the very casual option, some might choose more festive/elegant/whatever clothes for their babies when making a video that's going to be seen by many people (either family and facebook friends or the whole world).

Like, for my first birthday pictures I wore a pink dress and little, white shoes and a pink bow on my head (unfortunately my mum still has them around... somewhere and wants to show them to people) and there's nothing wrong with that. My goddaughter had her usual trousers and a t-shirt with a crocodile on it. It's just a choice, and people were just discussing it, there's nothing wrong with that :flowers:

No one is saying anything about "breaking rules" here :flowers: It's just a conversation about preferences - some parents might like the very casual option, some might choose more festive/elegant/whatever clothes for their babies when making a video that's going to be seen by many people (either family and facebook friends or the whole world).

Like, for my first birthday pictures I wore a pink dress and little, white shoes and a pink bow on my head (unfortunately my mum still has them around... somewhere and wants to show them to people) and there's nothing wrong with that. My goddaughter had her usual trousers and a t-shirt with a crocodile on it. It's just a choice, and people were just discussing it, there's nothing wrong with that :flowers:

Literally on the previous page.

"The way he was dresses seems to be very important to some here, well, they willingly showed him like this, I do not like it popular or not this child grows and might not like the way he was presented to the world but as those two have proofed before their lack of maturity and breaking rules seems to be all important for them."

He is a baby. It just isn't that deep.

I think some folks are pretty disconnected with how others live. Please don't go to the midwest/rural areas if you can't handle seeing babies/toddlers in states of 'undress' in public even!

LaRae

That is my point. It is a cultural difference. You wouldn't see it on Europe. So why would anyone know what others do in other parts of the world they don't have experience of.

Literally on the previous page.

"The way he was dresses seems to be very important to some here, well, they willingly showed him like this, I do not like it popular or not this child grows and might not like the way he was presented to the world but as those two have proofed before their lack of maturity and breaking rules seems to be all important for them."

He's a baby now. he will grow older and he may cringe with embarrassment at his baby pics not just being shown around the family circle but beig on the internet and popping up on every tv programme about his family for the rest of his life.

Literally in the previous page.

Oh, sorry, I actually didn't see that! Then I don't know what rules they were breaking. Sure, we're used to the traditional way the children in the BRF are being dressed, but they clearly don't abide by those.

Could they choose something else? Yeah, but they didn't. Their child, their choice. But since this board is about commenting on the royals, what Archie was wearing could also be a topic of discussion.

He's a baby now. he will grow older and he may cringe with embarrassment at his baby pics not just being shown around the family circle but beig on the internet and popping up on every tv programme about his family for the rest of his life.

No matter what he wore he could cringe at the garment. I cringe at plenty of baby pictures. That is the experience of growing up. I mean in the royal family we saw William and Harry getting a chuckle at their outfits in that documentary on their mother. I am sure older George might have a few opinions about some of those outfits they put him too. They will be okay. :lol:

That is my point. It is a cultural difference. You wouldn't see it on Europe. So why would anyone know what others do in other parts of the world they don't have experience of.

You would see this in my part of Europe.

There's nothing wrong with what he was wearing. People are making a fuss over nothing again and I'm sure, in due time, they'll blame the Sussexes for it, yet again.

I wouldn't have minded how he was "dressed". The point is, he wasn't! He now joins the legion of 'lockdown' males with no pants. The only saving grace is the background music wasn't the sound of the Loo flushing.

[...]

I wouldn't have minded how he was "dressed". The point is, he wasn't! He now joins the legion of 'lockdown' males with no pants. The only saving grace is the background music wasn't the sound of the Loo flushing.

The baby was dressed. In a onesie. He was not naked. :ermm:

I don't think anyone is questioning the importance of the gown but the fact is, lame or not, they were still joking about it. Like we all joke about stuff our parents put us in. It isn't bad thing. It is something we all go through.

[...]
There is nothing embarrassing about what Archie is wearing. He isn't really wearing anything. Effectively a nappy and a white shirt.

He is a baby. A baby Wearing a diaper and shirt . The number of people pearl clutching about his pantless state is kinda bizarre and creepy And if your going to reach to Dog them about trifling stuff like this are you going to castigate the Queen for letting 6 or 7 year old Anne run around a beach topless in old home videos?

I think at this point most people have now had their say and analytical comment on what Archie was wearing and so it is time to move on the discussion. Thank you.

Archie is a cut, adorable, clean one year old baby, I enjoyed seeing them.

If true.

They'e certainly living it large:D

[...] I did notice the Tyler Perry article and think it's been reported enough to be true. How are they connected to Tyler Perry? They're supposedly living there rent free.

They will find no friends in the business, at some point everybody wants to have something in return. Still there is potential to milk the royal heritage and make money with Meghan & Harry.

[...]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...gar-LA-mansion-stain-Duke-Duchess-Sussex.html

At the end of the day, they have chosen to live like all the rich do, with money at their disposal, and plenty of influential friends. The Royals live in wealth and splendour too. It just seems that Meghan and Harry are at odds with the world around them.

Whether the LA lifestyle brings them happiness, is another question. Having to go to work everyday, living in rented accommodation with noisy neighbours, I would gladly swap with them; but not for LA, but more for Nottingham Cottage.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...gar-LA-mansion-stain-Duke-Duchess-Sussex.html

At the end of the day, they have chosen to live like all the rich do, with money at their disposal, and plenty of influential friends. The Royals live in wealth and splendour too. It just seems that Meghan and Harry are at odds with the world around them.

Whether the LA lifestyle brings them happiness, is another question. Having to go to work everyday, living in rented accommodation with noisy neighbours, I would gladly swap with them; but not for LA, but more for Nottingham Cottage.

It's very exiled Russian monarchy but in the end, unless given homes by royal relatives, they had to to survive on their own too.

I would be wary of taking things from people, like someone said everyone wants something back. Even if it's to show up at dinner parties. They do have money themselves and they could rent a place themselves before getting settled. They are basically freeloading at the moment, doing a bit of volunteering (which is great). Why even go to LA now? You can't see anyone and they actually have a home they could have isolated in. It isn't like anyone would have wanted them to do anything. And sorted themselves out in LA afterwards.

It's very Jolie Pitt stuff. They just wandered around from place to place too during their years together. Now the parties over though and they have a stable existence in LA. Maybe they will do,that. Once this is all over, buy a place and be more settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom