General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not looking too deep into this recent supposed scandal; when I first heard about it I thought it was true, but now I don't think it's legitimate and the palace isn't bothering to acknowledge it because it's ridiculous. I could be wrong, but I don't see why Harry would be so candid with a minor and a stranger.

The Palace may not be denying it because they are now leaving Harry to do his own work on these sorts of issues. And he hasn't denied it, has he?

Why should Harry deny anything. People will believe what they want too. Media report anything that will sell and make money for them.

Why should Harry deny anything. People will believe what they want too. Media report anything that will sell and make money for them.

but this isn't the media, these are pranksters, who perhaps got lucky and fooled him. Of course the media is going to report it, that's what they are paid for.

Is it known if Harry and Meghan are still in GB or back again in Canada and reunited with Archie? Or will Archie be flown to his parents?

Is it known if Harry and Meghan are still in GB or back again in Canada and reunited with Archie? Or will Archie be flown to his parents?

I thought they had gone back to Canada... and its harldy likely they are going to move a small child to the UK at present.... unless theyre going to be here for months.

I never understood why people assume that this is a "Megxit" - meaning that it is she who is the driving force behind their exit as senior royals. I think that it's very much Harry who wanted to leave, even though he might also be conflicted about it.

I just hope they find joy and happines in their new life, and that the relationships with various members of the BRF will heal.

To me the phone call and how Harry speaks about his wife being harassed by the media because she is so strong, suggests that could very well be Meghan who has convinced Harry of a lot of things. He seems to think that he can only do this 'because of her'.

Possible since we're so close to April 1st.

In that case they would have released on April 1st, not 3 weeks in advance...

Last edited by a moderator:
To me the phone call and how Harry speaks about his wife being harassed by the media because she is so strong, suggests that could very well be Meghan who has convinced Harry of a lot of things. He seems to think that he can only do this 'because of her'.

There are so many more possibilities. The media has long described Harry as stubborn, alpha etc. perhaps now that he has a family he has a strong reason to make more difficult choices. From what I observe of their relationship it seems to be very mutual and supportive of each other and isn't one-sided as some claim.

I can't wait for their new projects and foundation to start, they are a great TEAM and together they will have so many options and be able to reach many more people/charities.

There are so many more possibilities. The media has long described Harry as stubborn, alpha etc. perhaps now that he has a family he has a strong reason to make more difficult choices. From what I observe of their relationship it seems to be very mutual and supportive of each other and isn't one-sided as some claim.

I can't wait for their new projects and foundation to start, they are a great TEAM and together they will have so many options and be able to reach many more people/charities.

I believe they have now decided not to have a Foundation. I read a statement they released about deciding there were enough foundations around already.
I thought it was on their website but that seems to have been stripped of everything but a few photos.

Last edited:
I believe that the last time anything was mentioned at all about any kind of an organization, it was referred to as an "entity". What that "entity" is going to be is anyone's guess right now. ?

but this isn't the media, these are pranksters, who perhaps got lucky and fooled him. Of course the media is going to report it, that's what they are paid for.

And if he denies it people would choose to not believe what he says and still spread the story so perhaps he or the palace won't even bother.

Several posts have been deleted for being off topic. Please stick to general news about the Sussex family.

I believe they have now decided not to have a Foundation. I read a statement they released about deciding there were enough foundations around already.
I thought it was on their website but that seems to have been stripped of everything but a few photos.

It can still be found, look at: additional details

And if he denies it people would choose to not believe what he says and still spread the story so perhaps he or the palace won't even bother.

Its hard to say. Royals don't usually make many statements against stories in the press because tehre are so many of them that they would be always doing it. If it is a serious matter, they may deny a story. But BP may feel that since H has left royal life its up to him.. Harry and Meghan have sued the press recently so a statement might not be so unusual...but so far he has not made one.

Yes that was what they said, but they are going to have some kind of charity thing. I think they will feel they need to be seen doing some charity wrok, and not just building up a business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to say. Royals don't usually make many statements against stories in the press because tehre are so many of them that they would be always doing it. If it is a serious matter, they may deny a story. But BP may feel that since H has left royal life its up to him.. Harry and Meghan have sued the press recently so a statement might not be so unusual...but so far he has not made one.

They did did they. Even though that was the plan when they were royal. More to do that they clould not afford to have a foundation and need to found one that will be able to earn money to run itself.

I did feel that in the end, apart from that photo that they went out in a squib really. Two many other problems and actually people just kind of got over it and moved on and now all the articles are about the pranking and reminding everyone how he isnt very bright anyway. Makes me feel a bit sad for the hubris of this pair. They thought they were irreplaceable. No one is...the closet anyone will get to that is the Queen.

Last edited:
The palace do not comment or deny stories, unless very rare exceptions. The problem as I see it is if they were to deny most things the minute something is not denied the public / media will assume it must be true. At the moment most people take the stories with a degree of doubt. At times 'sources' deny a story but we can never be sure who the sources are and how accurate the info.
There are too many important things going on just now, the story has fell away already. Issuing statements would open it up again. The story is not important enough at the moment. At another time it would have been all over the media.
Or possibly the media themselves think it is a hoax.

:previous:
To me, it sounds authentic.

(More and more, Harry is reminding me of Andrew).

The palace do not comment or deny stories, unless very rare exceptions. The problem as I see it is if they were to deny most things the minute something is not denied the public / media will assume it must be true. At the moment most people take the stories with a degree of doubt. At times 'sources' deny a story but we can never be sure who the sources are and how accurate the info.
There are too many important things going on just now, the story has fell away already. Issuing statements would open it up again. The story is not important enough at the moment. At another time it would have been all over the media.
Or possibly the media themselves think it is a hoax.

true but Harry might well deny it. He is now an independent being, really and BP may just be leaving him to sort things out himself

No-one is paying any attention to this - the only Royal stories that have been in the news are the Queen cancelling engagements and Charles and Camilla cancelling their tours. I doubt we'll hear anything from the Palace for the time being, unless the Queen issues a statement thanking medical staff and urging people to keep calm and so on.

Moving on from the prankster stuff, two thoughts:

I wonder if whatever plans that H & M had in January is salvageable. Put aside the whole part-time royal stuff. I'm focusing on whatever plans they may have had after they learned/agreed to completely step back from any royal duties. The coronavirus will almost assuredly impact (i) their willingness to travel and (ii) businesses' ability to and interest in paying them or investing in their projects. Unlike some here, I'm still rooting for the Sussexes, but I have to believe that their "return to the fold" is more likely given the global pandemic. Independence will be difficult when everyone is quarantining or social distancing and the global economy is in shambles.

Also, the Times is reporting that H & M will be visiting HMQ in June and that Harry and Meghan will be attending Trooping (unclear if Archie will join them for that trip).
Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, who turns one in May, will finally return to these shores this summer. It could be his first trip this year, although he may accompany his parents to Britain in June when they attend trooping the colour.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are believed to have accepted the Queen’s invitation to visit her this summer at Balmoral, her Scottish retreat, and are planning to take their son with them.

I know some thought they (especially Meghan and Archie) would never return to Great Britain. Obviously, this is just the "plan," but the rift doesn't appear to be as great as some would like to believe.

That is fantastic news ! I’m thrilled also that Harry, Meghan and Archie will be spending time with Charles in Scotland. I think this kind of family gathering, private, is exactly what’s needed....for ALL of them.

That is fantastic news ! I’m thrilled also that Harry, Meghan and Archie will be spending time with Charles in Scotland. I think this kind of family gathering, private, is exactly what’s needed....for ALL of them.
I agree! If the story is accurate the Queen obviously wants Harry & Meghan to know they are still members of her family.

I agree! If the story is accurate the Queen obviously wants Harry & Meghan to know they are still members of her family.

I think the Queen and Charles have been trying to convey this to the couple as much as they can....whether the message is being heard, who knows, especially IF Harry is or was upset about not being included in the processional at the Commonwealth service. His family loves them, no matter how angry he or Meghan may or may not be.

Of course they are still members of her family.. but that does not mean taht they are royal workers. Is Meghan really going to come back?

Of course they are still members of her family.. but that does not mean taht they are royal workers. Is Meghan really going to come back?
Of course they're not royal workers. I never stated they weren't. But that doesn't mean they aren't still members of the Queen's family. Just like her Phillips grandchildren, the Snowdons and the Chattos. I have no idea if Meghan will go back. The article claims she will but it could be nothing more than gossip. But those who claimed she would never set foot in the UK were proven wrong by the events of last week. I frankly see no reason why she wouldn't return again and I don't see why the Queen wouldn't welcome her despite her obvious and justified disappointment in Harry and Meghan. IMO the Queen is a very magnanimous person.

Last edited:
Of course they're not royal workers. I never stated they weren't. But that doesn't mean they aren't still members of the Queen's family. Just like her Phillips grandchildren, the Snowdons and the Chattos. I have no idea if Meghan will go back. The article claims she will but it could be nothing more than gossip. But those who claimed she would never set foot in the UK were proven wrong by the events of last week. I frankly see no reason why she wouldn't return again and I don't see why the Queen wouldn't welcome her despite her obvious and justified disappointment in Harry and Meghan. IMO the Queen is a very magnanimous person.

I doubt if anyone believed she woud "never again set foot" in the UK.... She has got to come back at times.. and I said that she was a member of the queen's personal family.. but that's another matter to making a permanent return.

If the story is true, I'm glad that HM is being civil and is still opening family invitations to the Sussexes. I hope they get to go to Balmoral if the Coronavirus pandemic has settled down by then (which hopefully it should have, but who knows - some have said that it could resurge again later on in the year).

And why wouldn't she?? I'd love one of you who cling to 'she hates the UK' to give me one example of why you believe she will never come back.

You have already been proven wrong. People claimed she would never come back for these last visits. And low and behold she did. And low and behold it has been made loud and clear that she will continue with her patronages. Including the National theater and the commonwealth trust, from the queen.

Harry isn't the only one who has friends in the UK. Meghan has been coming to the UK before she met him. One of her best friends Lindsay lives in London. Markus lives there as well. And other friends she has made with Harry as well.

They wouldn't keep leasing Frogmore, and the expense it is, if they didn't plan to keep using it at times.

As Archie is getting older, and traveling with him is easier, bringing him back for things like Trooping will be much easier. As will the summer at Balmoral. There is no evidence he didn't make the last trip with them either. He wasn't going to attend events with them so we don't know.

I doubt if anyone believed she woud "never again set foot" in the UK....

She has got to come back at times..

But that is what some members claimed. Otherwise I would not have stated they had. I am not in the habit of lying.

and I said that she was a member of the queen's personal family
No, you said "Of course they are still members of her family."

"Of course" implies someone claimed they weren't. I pointed out no one did.

And to be nit-picky, you said "family" not "personal family."

.. but that's another matter to making a permanent return.
I'm not talking about a permanent return. My original post was in reference to an article in The Times which claims the Queen has invited Harry and Meghan to stay at Balmoral this summer and they have accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom