General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe.. but Im sure the queen's saddened. She didn't see him at Christmas, they didn't bring him back for their few days in January. Now, it looks like it might be ages before he comes back to the UK.... and the queen and Philip are too frail now to travel that far....

There's no question as to whom the real Queen is, and it certainly isn't someone who's been married to a prince for 21 months. That's a stupid article, though. Why shouldn't she go to the Met Gala? What would be "revenge" about that? Unless she plans on wearing some ridiculous outfit like Madonna did a few years ago, which I'm sure she doesn't, I don't see what the issue is. She hasn't entered a nunnery: she can go to an event if she wants to.

What a shame if they're not bringing Archie here, though. If they won't bring him here, the Queen and Prince Philip'll never see him again.

There's no question as to whom the real Queen is, and it certainly isn't someone who's been married to a prince for 21 months. That's a stupid article, though. Why shouldn't she go to the Met Gala? What would be "revenge" about that? Unless she plans on wearing some ridiculous outfit like Madonna did a few years ago, which I'm sure she doesn't, I don't see what the issue is. She hasn't entered a nunnery: she can go to an event if she wants to.

What a shame if they're not bringing Archie here, though. If they won't bring him here, the Queen and Prince Philip'll never see him again.

I thought they did not want to bring him because of the virus thing, and preferred to keep him safe. but its a shame they didn't bring him on their little visit in January when they stayed for 2 days. It might be one of the last chances that the queen has of seeing him.

This is the original article, which makes it even more believable as it’s the Times.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ving-archie-in-canada-for-this-trip-pfsmkrpmh

IF it’s true, I’m very upset. I feel terrible for the Queen, for Charles, for Philip....I hope it’s not true...(I had posted some other thoughts, but I deleted them because I want to think about such extreme comments before I post them)

Permit me to be the Devil's advocate on this one and suggest a plausible reason for not to bringing Archie along.

The Corona virus.
While Corona poses no particular risk for an healthy adult, H&M may not wish to take a chance with their only child.
Being locked up inside a metal-tube for hours with other people is a great way to catch something.

Meghan formerly Royal being used in a feud between two Vogue editors is funny, and sort of sad.

Any royal watchers here that also follow fashion know that the duchess will get lost in the mix when Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Billy Porter, Rihanna, and other megawattage fashion figures take to the red carpet at the Met Gala. If she thinks she will be the center of attention she has miscalculated.

That's why I'm taking that rumor with a bucketful of salt!

Although, if it turns out to be true it is ironic. The theme of this year's gala is "About Time: Fashion and Duration". ?

Last edited:
"About Time Fashion and Duration"

How fabulous would an appearance at that be ?

The Headlines 'write themselves'..

Last edited:
True, She was just a mistake. She and Harry (Im starting to believe) never had a real intention of sticking with the job..so they should have married and retired to private life. Or the queen should have only agreed ot the marriage on the condition that they did lead a private life.. because Meghan and Harry himself don't seem to have any real understanding of the job.

Meghan is NOT a mistake...what a rude and cruel thing to say about another human being.

What makes you start to believe that? They both seem really good at the 'job' part of being in the BRF. She had three solo projects benefiting British people and 3 successful tours representing the UK & Commonwealth and appeared to really enjoy interacting with people. Harry both pre and post marriage has had even more success. It definitely wasn't the job itself.

It wasn't until Meghan was continually harassed during her pregnancy and their child was referred to as a chimp and no support from the BRF did we even hear of rumblings of them thinking about leaving.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm not surprised one bit that Archie will remain in Canada and to me, its a wise decision to make at this time especially with the global threat of COVID-19 so rampant. It just makes sense to me that if Archie can stay safe and secure somewhere and not risk any kind of exposure, its the best move for him. I wouldn't take a child on an international flight now unless I absolutely had to.

Same. When I realized Meghan wasn't with Harry than I figured the next step was to keep Archie on his routine in Canada. I wouldn't travel with a small child if it was not 100% needed especially right now.

Also Meghan is a mistake? LOL. And people wonder why she wouldn't want to be around people with those kinds of thoughts. Archie a mistake too? Well clearly some think so with the way they speak of him and his parents. :ermm:

Meghan has been linked to 316568321354 things and each time she *doesn't* show up it is always some new angle. Could she go? Sure. Did they extend an invite? Probably. Will she? I find it highly unlikely but time will tell as with everything in life.

Last edited:
Perhaps everyone should go away from the phone/computer for the next 15 minutes and drink a cup of something? ;)

I can't see how Harry didn't understand about the job, after being part of the Royal Family for over 30 years. He also understood that Chelsy Davy and Cressida Bonas both ended their relationships with him because they felt that they weren't suited to royal life ... which should have been all the more reason to make sure that Meghan knew exactly what was involved and that she was up for it. But something went wrong somewhere along the line, and we can't know what their original intentions were ... only that it now seems to be an ongoing muddle.

I can't see how Harry didn't understand about the job, after being part of the Royal Family for over 30 years. He also understood that Chelsy Davy and Cressida Bonas both ended their relationships with him because they felt that they weren't suited to royal life ... which should have been all the more reason to make sure that Meghan knew exactly what was involved and that she was up for it. But something went wrong somewhere along the line, and we can't know what their original intentions were ... only that it now seems to be an ongoing muddle.

but it seems like he didn't. I think that neiher he nor Meg seemed to understand that its a job for life.. and that it isn't compatible with what they wanted to do. There's some excuse for Meghan.. but far less for him. I think they made a mistake in believing she would easily adapt to the job.. and perhaps to the UK.... and that they made a mistake in believing that they could do the job for a year or 2 and then "step back" from it and be part time. And Harry should have known that. So I think he should have made sure that his wife knew before her marriage what working life would be like as a Duchess and how it was for life and not something you could just decide to leave.. I felt at the time of the marriage that Meghan didn't really know what it would be like but when I expressed views like this I was told no, she was an intelligent woman, she knew what she was doing, she would be fine etc. But she does give the impression that she was not really aware of what to expect and was taken aback by it. if that's the case, then I feel sorry for her and feel that Harry should have made things clearer to her. and he should have known that Royal life isn't something you can be "part tiem" with, at their level.

How does it sound like Meghan? Do you know her? Have you witnessed behaviour like this from her before? If so please do tell because as an avid royal watcher myself, I haven’t.

I’m allowed to have my opinion....and I believe much of what is out there about her. So yes, this sounds like Meghan based on reports I’ve read. Why is it that, for some people, it’s necessary to have complete, absolute, 100% proof in order to believe something negative about her, but it’s not necessary in order to believe something positive?

Do YOU know Meghan? Do YOU know that she’s incapable of this?

According to the reports, if she does attend the Met Gala, she'll be doing what Princess Diana & Princess Beatrice have already done.

So this has all come originally from a "tipster" in a gossip magazine who uses the words "revenge" and "giving the middle finger". Nowhere is there any evidence whatsoever that these are Meghan's thoughts or intentions. It's a vicious circle where just about anybody can ascribe motives to Meghan, publish them, get them repeated and then people become outraged at what Meghan might be doing/thinking/plotting. It's utterly ridiculous.

Notice I said IF it were true...people keep skipping that IF

Hardly.. a 'fly by night', [resident in the United Kingdom, for barely eighteen months], her long term effect on an institution hat has endured for nigh on a 1000 years will be zero..

The whole thing is ridiculous. People criticize Meghan, so those who defend her resort to hyperbole to make everyone criticizing her a “hater”. I defended her for a LONG time, just no one noticed my posts then...I liked her, was happy for Harry. Reports were that she actually bonded with Charles and encouraged Harry to spend more time with his father, to try and grow closer to him. I ate up all the photos I could of Meghan and Harry, of Meghan and Charles and/or Camilla...I imagine there are or were a lot of people out there like me. Then, things happen...and people change their minds.

Actually, I'm not surprised one bit that Archie will remain in Canada and to me, its a wise decision to make at this time especially with the global threat of COVID-19 so rampant. It just makes sense to me that if Archie can stay safe and secure somewhere and not risk any kind of exposure, its the best move for him. I wouldn't take a child on an international flight now unless I absolutely had to.

As someone else said, but it’s ok to expose his parents? If that’s the reason, I could buy it even so....but I’m not sure it is.

I’m set to vacation in England and Scotland in June - I guess I have a decision to make also, lol

Permit me to be the Devil's advocate on this one and suggest a plausible reason for not to bringing Archie along.

The Corona virus.
While Corona poses no particular risk for an healthy adult, H&M may not wish to take a chance with their only child.
Being locked up inside a metal-tube for hours with other people is a great way to catch something.

It is plausible, but if it’s true, you’d think the article would have mentioned it...especially since then the Queen, Philip and everyone else would completely understand, even if they were sad. I’m not ruling it out, though...

Last edited by a moderator:
It is plausible, but if it’s true, you’d think the article would have mentioned it...especially since then the Queen, Philip and everyone else would completely understand, even if they were sad. I’m not ruling it out, though...

Im sure they'll undertand. Does not mean they will not be sad however.

As someone else said, but it’s ok to expose his parents? If that’s the reason, I could buy it even so....but I’m not sure it is.

I’m set to vacation in England and Scotland in June - I guess I have a decision to make also, lol

Well kinda. I know people who have cancelled or had events canceled on them without their control. I don't judge anyone on what they want to do about their lives especially voluntary travel.

I’m allowed to have my opinion....and I believe much of what is out there about her. So yes, this sounds like Meghan based on reports I’ve read. Why is it that, for some people, it’s necessary to have complete, absolute, 100% proof in order to believe something negative about her, but it’s not necessary in order to believe something positive?

Do YOU know Meghan? Do YOU know that she’s incapable of this?

I'm not asking for complete proof of your opinion in solid fact, I am asking you how you got to that opinion. You believe what they press write about her, that's your prerogative. It is my opinion, that what's written in the press is often twisted and warped to make a story fit the current narrative.

I have seen Meghan in public, with the people, and with charities she chose to support, and in real life what the press say seems the exact opposite of what she actually did.

Can I also just highlight as an FYI, the "" button next to the quote button, or the multi quote option on a mobile phone so posts are combined into one, instead of 5 consecutive posts.

Massive difference to exposing two healthy adults to a virus, to a small child who may or may not have had any immunisations to build up his system.

Last edited:
Im sure they'll undertand. Does not mean they will not be sad however.

Of course, but that would be a huge thing to leave out of an article...which instead now implies that there’s really no reason for it.

Well kinda. I know people who have cancelled or had events canceled on them without their control. I don't judge anyone on what they want to do about their lives especially voluntary travel.

No, certainly not....I got nervous just reading about 80 people in my county who were quarantined just for the possibility of having contracted the virus; it’s not like they were confirmed to have it. Generally I think that people can do whatever they want to as long as they aren’t hurting anyone...

I'm not asking for complete proof of your opinion in solid fact, I am asking you how you got to that opinion. You believe what they press write about her, that's your prerogative. It is my opinion, that what's written in the press is often twisted and warped to make a story fit the current narrative.

I have seen Meghan in public, with the people, and with charities she chose to support, and in real life what the press say seems the exact opposite of what she actually did.

Can I also just highlight as an FYI, the "" button next to the quote button, or the multi quote option on a mobile phone so posts are combined into one, instead of 5 consecutive posts.

I admit that ever since the Africa interview I’ve been inclined against her...and then that was bolstered by the January announcement. I don’t ordinarily believe everything the media says, but this whole mess - starting with the announcement - as influenced me, I guess. The negative things we are hearing about Meghan with regards to the BRF seem so at odds with her relationship with them even as recently as months ago that I guess maybe I do need to rethink some things. I’m still unhappy about how she and Harry have handled this, though.

Oops, sorry - except I don’t see that button on my IPad - I’ll check if I see a multi-quote option on my phone

True.
But it can depend on the angling of the article. Not even the Times is above that anymore, sadly enough.
The second plausible explanation, from a detached point of view and based on resent events, is that there is indeed currently a complete breakdown in the personal relation between H&M and the main characters at least in the BRF.
You don't have to be royal for that to happen. I think most families have examples of that.
But I won't let go of Corona just yet. See responses below.

Children seem immune to Corona and has not affected anyone under 10.

Perhaps, but parents tend to be pretty fuzzy about their children, especially the firstborn.
H&M will be on four long flights in close confinement with other people. Back and forth.
Having touched down in UK they will take part in events where they will be in contact with a lot of people.
That in a country where Corona is spreading. (No country is immune by now, each day planes lands with new cases in every European country.)
So the likelihood of H&M catching Corona is to be considered.
So I say there is IMO a understandable reason for not bringing their child along.

They're certainly not immune, at least 9 children have been infected, possibly more.

Well, Lumutqueen confirmed my point.

Whether they bring the Child is obviously, entirely 'up to them'..

He is [in any case] unlikely to have much time to forge any kind of relationship with his Paternal Great-Grand-parents, [in terms of both his age/residence, and their age/residence].

Last edited:
They're certainly not immune, at least 9 children have been infected, possibly more.

All under one true but no one within Archie's location. That they may spread or carry it is unknown.

They may well be fearful. But what does it matter if they bring him. The royal family are busy anyway and are highly unlikely to see him. Many of them go to Windsor at Easter and that would be the perfect time to see the Queen.

But Covid 19 is hardly a reason to not bring him. Just wanting to leave him in his routine while you travel is. But then why bring him to South Adeica for 5 days or whatever it was.

To be honest if they are going to be away for two weeks Inwould bring him. But Meghan may only come for a few days and then there is no reason to bring him.

Last edited:
All under one true but no one within Archie's location. That they may spread or carry it is unknown.

Sorry but that's wrong again, there's 4 children in Germany, Kindergarten (aged 3 to 6) who have been infected as well as a 10 year old in China. Like I said, that's confirmed and known about cases as well.

Whilst I don't believe Covid-19 is the reason they might not bring Archie, it may well be a factor they have considered.

They may well be fearful. But what does it matter if they bring him. The royal family are busy anyway and are highly unlikely to see him. Many of them go to Windsor at Easter and that would be the perfect time to see the Queen.

But Covid 19 is hardly a reason to not bring him. Just wanting to leave him in his routine while you travel is. But then why bring him to South Adeica for 5 days or whatever it was.

To be honest if they are going to be away for two weeks Inwould bring him. But Meghan may only come for a few days and then there is no reason to bring him.

Archie is under one...just like the other kids. He is currently in an area where there aren't reports of child having the virus and you indicate that it's not a good [to you] reason not to take him to the UK.

He is safe where he is, putting him on a commercial flight (because the media would lose their minds if they take a private flight) and expose him to people from other places that may or may not have the virus. That is not in Archie's best interest.

Last edited:
This is the perfect kind of story for the tabloids. Hard to disprove it’s wrong. Meghan and Harry have managed to get in and out without being spotted many times. Unless Meghan is spotted in the airport and does or does not have the baby no one will know. Archie will not attend events with his parents. The airport is the only time we would see him. If he gets in the country unseen he could very well visit his great grandparents and grandpa without being seen.

The only reason it’s at all believable to me is the corona virus and the risk. Which would be plenty of reason to not make the trip with him.

But of course people are only too happy to jump to the it’s a middle finger to the royals angle.

Sorry but that's wrong again, there's 4 children in Germany, Kindergarten (aged 3 to 6) who have been infected as well as a 10 year old in China. Like I said, that's confirmed and known about cases as well.

Whilst I don't believe Covid-19 is the reason they might not bring Archie, it may well be a factor they have considered.

Well that is very new and shows how fast this is spreading but again it isn't a reason not to bring him. The Queen is more at risk than Archie as it appears worse for those 70 plus.

Charlotte and George's school have actually sent people home.

He isn't at any more risk than anyone else. Less really

Archie is under one...just like the other kids. He is currently in an area where there aren't reports of child having the virus and you indicate that it's not a good [to you] reason not to take him to the UK.

He is safe where he is, putting him on a commercial flight (because the media would lose their minds if they take a private flight) and expose him to people from other places that may or may not have the virus. That is not in Archie's best interest.

Expose him to who. A flight in first class and then for him to stay at home with his nanny while his parents work. Hardly. It is not air born. In which case I would say definitely dont fly.

If they want to leave him at home. Fine. I dont see why it is an issue or for people to say it is because of Covid 19.

That was my immediate concern as well. Their baby is less than a year old. The stories about the rapid international spread of this virus are becoming truly alarming.:ohmy:

It is very sad for the PoW and especially the very aged Queen and DoE i agree. I hope arrangements can be made fairly quickly for them to be able to spend time with him soon.:sad:

Expose him to who. A flight in first class and then for him to stay at home with his nanny while his parents work. Hardly. It is not air born. In which case I would say definitely dont fly.

If they want to leave him at home. Fine. I dont see why it is an issue or for people to say it is because of Covid 19.

1. Meghan and Harry have never said they aren't bringing Archie nor have they given a reason as to why they wouldn't and they don't have to simply being his parents and not wanting to bring him is good enough. But that hasn't stopped people from criticizing them. It is the media and fans/foes who are guessing why.

2. First class people get sick as well other passengers just like everyone else.

The only thing that would help with first class is not such close proximity to others. But you would still face certain levels of exposure.

But agreed them not bringing Archie is not confirmed only speculation.

Though sad to not see him, the queen and Charles would fully understand if they left him home due to virus concerns. There will be other visits. They will want him healthy and safe.

The only thing that would help with first class is not such close proximity to others. But you would still face certain levels of exposure.

But agreed them not bringing Archie is not confirmed only speculation.

Though sad to not see him, the queen and Charles would fully understand if they left him home due to virus concerns. There will be other visits. They will want him healthy and safe.

I dont think it matters if they bring him or not. I think people are still struggling with the whole au revoir thing to be honest. But it is what it is.

I am concentrating on the fact it is the last time we will see Harry in public with the royal family. I mean I am still struggling to see how this will work. Bea's wedding. Yes I guess it is personal but the official Birthday of the Queen. The VE day celebrations. Archie doesn't come into it for me. He is a private citizen ala the Phillip's and Tindall girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom