General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just read that Canada won't pay for the Sussex familiy security. They have done it for a short time, but not forever.

"Pero esta relación no le ha servido para evitar que el Gobierno canadiense anuncie que no sufragará los gastos de seguridad de la pareja a partir del 31 de marzo, cuando dejarán de ser oficialmente miembros de la Casa Real."
"Canada Government has announced that they won't pay the security of the couple from March 31."

Taken from Vanitatis https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...ry-seguridad-canada-sustituta-sophie_2474327/
C
There is a lengthly discussion on this topic, going on since yesterday,in the Royal Security thread.

Last edited:
Thanks. To me, that would be more tiring and exhausting than a non stop flight. Now we're in the time period where we'll actually get coverage of his day to day engagements and I'm thinking he'll be smiling a bit more and be refreshed.

"Day to day" ..

You have to wonder if William is a slice envious of his feisty brother with the flurry of big and bold decisions generating headlines across the globe and into the foreseable future. In some ways, he strikes me as a brand of 'King' but without the coronation. Otoh, there's nothing wrong with tasting your freedom in a way that most Royals do not.

For the moment: Canada, Scotland, Frogmore. On the horizon beckons: America, California, Malibu, etc.

Last edited:
"Day to day" ..

You have to wonder if William is a slice envious of his feisty brother with the flurry of big and bold decisions generating headlines across the globe and into the foreseable future. In some ways, he strikes me as a brand of 'King' but without the coronation. Otoh, there's nothing wrong with tasting your freedom in a way that most Royals do not.

For the moment: Canada, Scotland, Frogmore. On the horizon beckons: America, California, Malibu, etc.

No, I don't think William is envious of his brother making several decisions that are rather controversial (as opposed to "bold").......and some of those headlines are due to the way his brother has treated his family, so again, no. Rather than acting like a "King" without the coronation, Harry has acted more like his great-uncle David, and that's not a good thing (but even if I didn't see the comparison here, or thought he was doing fine, I still wouldn't think he was acting like a King)

Lucky America.........not really

No, I don't think William is envious of his brother making several decisions that are rather controversial (as opposed to "bold").......and some of those headlines are due to the way his brother has treated his family, so again, no. Rather than acting like a "King" without the coronation, Harry has acted more like his great-uncle David, and that's not a good thing (but even if I didn't see the comparison here, or thought he was doing fine, I still wouldn't think he was acting like a King)

Lucky America.........not really

there may well be times when William has wished he could take a long holiday from royal life.. but he doesn't. I agree that he's certainly not likely to be envious of Harry whose future may wel entail permanently being settled iabroad, whether he likes it or not...and who has behaved with such a lack of "dutifulness". I can't imagine that at his present Age, William would want headlines saying that he was upsetting his father and grandfather, or acting strangely... Nothing "kingly" about that. and I agree that there IS a touch of the D of Windsor in his behaviour...

I don't think any of us, prince or pauper, are immune to the "grass is greener on the other side of the hill" kind of thinking or revel in thoughts of living as the "other half" lives. Its part of human nature. ?

I don't think any of us, prince or pauper, are immune to the "grass is greener on the other side of the hill" kind of thinking or revel in thoughts of living as the "other half" lives. Its part of human nature. ?

I doubt if Willaim is likely at his age now, to think that the grass is greener outside the RF and envy harry.. Perhaps in his 20's he might have longed more for escape or partial escape but I think by now, he has settled into the restrictions of royal life...

I doubt if Willaim is likely at his age now, to think that the grass is greener outside the RF and envy harry.. Perhaps in his 20's he might have longed more for escape or partial escape but I think by now, he has settled into the restrictions of royal life...

No offense but who cares what William thinks...this is a Sussex thread not Cambridge one.

General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

More pinches of salt perhaps but while they quietly abstained from attending the Oscars ceremony and have been very camera shy on recent trips to the States, but it is now speculated in International Business Times that Meghan “will be gracing a prestigious New York event this year as a guest of her close pal, Vogue U.K. editor Edward Enninful.” It is claimed that Meghan is very eager to show who is the real Queen at the upcoming Met Gala 2020!

https://www.ibtimes.com/meghan-mark...ng-revenge-having-her-own-crown-after-2930944

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ONT-bring-Archie-joins-Prince-Harry-week.html

Take it with a pinch of salt but if true I find this very sad for Charles and the Queen.

This is the original article, which makes it even more believable as it’s the Times.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ving-archie-in-canada-for-this-trip-pfsmkrpmh

IF it’s true, I’m very upset. I feel terrible for the Queen, for Charles, for Philip....I hope it’s not true...(I had posted some other thoughts, but I deleted them because I want to think about such extreme comments before I post them)

Last edited:
More pinches of salt perhaps but while they quietly abstained from attending the Oscars ceremony and have been very camera shy on recent trips to the States, but it is now speculated in International Business Times that Meghan “will be gracing a prestigious New York event this year as a guest of her close pal, Vogue U.K. editor Edward Enninful.” It is claimed that Meghan is very eager to show who is the real Queen at the upcoming Met Gala 2020!

https://www.ibtimes.com/meghan-mark...ng-revenge-having-her-own-crown-after-2930944

This part had better not be true..but I fear it is because it sounds like her. The middle finger to the BRF? She shouldn’t have married Harry....I have such thoughts about her right now

“Meghan and Edward have been plotting this for months. They both have points to prove. Edward wants to show Anna Wintour that she’s not the only one with celebrity clout – and of course, Meg wants to give the middle finger to the establishment that’s been suffocating her for the last two years – especially now the Queen has banned her and Harry from using their Sussex Royal label,” a tipster told the magazine.

Meghan should receive a special Oscar.
How as actrice , she played so well her role of Princess and so close with the Royal Family.
In her new role , she has to find our herself without any help !

I don't understand why you guys get sucked into these articles and then post negative things about her doing something that she hasn't even done!

When has Meghan done anything that this article is claiming? Sounds like her..based on what past behavior?

LaRae

This part had better not be true..but I fear it is because it sounds like her. The middle finger to the BRF? She shouldn’t have married Harry....I have such thoughts about her right now

How does it sound like Meghan? Do you know her? Have you witnessed behaviour like this from her before? If so please do tell because as an avid royal watcher myself, I haven’t.

I don't understand why you guys get sucked into these articles and then post negative things about her doing something that she hasn't even done!

When has Meghan done anything that this article is claiming? Sounds like her..based on what past behavior?

LaRae

She changed the "natural order of things" that Royal watchers are so fond of. Thus she is a witch from hell and needs to be burned at the stakes. As this is not possible, he reputation is tattered completely. The truth? Who cares for the truth when we have the DM and the Express to believe in???
Note: don't believe articles who "interpret" things for you. We know next to nothing about Meghan and her thoughts. We know how deply unhappy Harry has been for so long and that they both decided they need time off the Royal business. Wait till she gives an interview to critizise her aims and opinions eventually. Only that is fair as we have no idea what was talked about between the queen, the PoW and Harry and Meghan.

According to the reports, if she does attend the Met Gala, she'll be doing what Princess Diana & Princess Beatrice have already done.

So this has all come originally from a "tipster" in a gossip magazine who uses the words "revenge" and "giving the middle finger". Nowhere is there any evidence whatsoever that these are Meghan's thoughts or intentions. It's a vicious circle where just about anybody can ascribe motives to Meghan, publish them, get them repeated and then people become outraged at what Meghan might be doing/thinking/plotting. It's utterly ridiculous.

She changed the "natural order of things" that Royal watchers are so fond of. Thus she is a witch from hell and needs to be burned at the stakes. As this is not possible, he reputation is tattered completely. The truth? Who cares for the truth when we have the DM and the Express to believe in???
Note: don't believe articles who "interpret" things for you. We know next to nothing about Meghan and her thoughts. We know how deply unhappy Harry has been for so long and that they both decided they need time off the Royal business. Wait till she gives an interview to critizise her aims and opinions eventually. Only that is fair as we have no idea what was talked about between the queen, the PoW and Harry and Meghan.

no she's not a "wtich from hell". She's just someone who clearly should not have married into the RF.. and if she and H want to go, they should be let go, and left to amuse themselves whatever way they want to...

She changed the "natural order of things"

Hardly.. a 'fly by night', [resident in the United Kingdom, for barely eighteen months], her long term effect on an institution hat has endured for nigh on a 1000 years will be zero..

Last edited:
Hardly.. a 'fly by night', [resident in the United Kingdom, for barely eighteen months], her long term effect on an institution hat has endured for nigh on a 1000 years will be zero..

She and Harry (Im starting to believe) never had a real intention of sticking with the job..so they should have married and retired to private life. Or the queen should have only agreed ot the marriage on the condition that they did lead a private life.. because Meghan and Harry himself don't seem to have any real understanding of the job.

Last edited by a moderator:

You don't have to be around 20 years to shake things up. It's unfortunate that ppl are still allowing themselves to be driven by the media narrative. She personally has done almost nothing different than other ladies in the BRF... the main difference is that she's not a Brit, she's bi-racial and she dared to say publically she was struggling with things.

The rest of the actions taken (right or wrong) by The Sussexes have been done by them jointly.

LaRae

You don't have to be around 20 years to shake things up. It's unfortunate that ppl are still allowing themselves to be driven by the media narrative. She personally has done almost nothing different than other ladies in the BRF... the main difference is that she's not a Brit, she's bi-racial and she dared to say publically she was struggling with things.

The rest of the actions taken (right or wrong) by The Sussexes have been done by them jointly.

LaRae

There is this old saying I often think of when I read articles containing rumours about Meghan, especially when presented as the truth:

Always remember: rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools and accepted by idiots.

She and Harry (Im starting to believe) never had a real intention of sticking with the job..so they should have married and retired to private life. Or the queen should have only agreed ot the marriage on the condition that they did lead a private life.. because Meghan and Harry himself don't seem to have any real understanding of the job.

All indications by them is that they fully intended to do the job. They talked about doing it, looking forward to jumping in (Meghan) etc. There's nothing indicating they didn't have an understanding (especially Harry) about the job..he's been in the family awhile you know. She was likely caught off guard by some things...knowing them and experiencing them are two separate things.

Due to the situation they found themselves in (do we need to rehash this in every thread?) they decided to go to part time and live some months elsewhere, not allowed so they decided to completely step out. Nothing nefarious ...no master plan to harm the family or the Queen...no plot, no conspiracy. PPL do change their minds about their life direction as things unfold. This is not anything unusual except they are members of the BRF.

LaRae

All indications by them is that they fully intended to do the job. They talked about doing it, looking forward to jumping in (Meghan) etc. There's nothing indicating they didn't have an understanding (especially Harry) about the job..he's been in the family awhile you know. She was likely caught off guard by some things...knowing them and experiencing them are two separate things.

Due to the situation they found themselves in (do we need to rehash this in every thread?) they decided to go to part time and live some months elsewhere, not allowed so they decided to completely step out. Nothing nefarious ...no master plan to harm the family or the Queen...no plot, no conspiracy. PPL do change their minds about their life direction as things unfold. This is not anything unusual except they are members of the BRF.

LaRae
Ok so they intended to do the job.. and then decided that they wanted to work part time.. apparently unaware that that was impossible.

You don't have to be around 20 years to shake things up.

In [say] 400 years, a more instructive timescale, as to 'impact' on an ancient institution, do you seriously imagine Ms Markle's period in the BRF will merit even the teensiest 'footnote' in its annals ? Even Wallis Windsor , whose impact was unquestionably greater, will merit barely a paragraph..

Ok so they intended to do the job.. and then decided that they wanted to work part time.. apparently unaware that that was impossible.

Working part time was not impossible..as evidenced by it being done by other Royals for years. The issue was (evidently) living elsewhere while doing it.

LaRae

In [say] 400 years, a more instructive timescale, as to 'impact' on an ancient institution, do you seriously imagine Ms Markle's period in the BRF will merit even the teensiest 'footnote' in its annals ? Even Wallis Windsor , whose impact was unquestionably greater, will merit barely a paragraph..

The fact she is American and bi-racial will be a noted point in the future. Along with she and Harry deciding to step down and go their own way...that part is as of yet unwritten...who knows what they may yet do that will merit a paragraph?

Wallis being the reason given by the King to abdicate...and known for being a Nazi sympathizer ....already Meghan is head and shoulders above that.

LaRae

Working part time was not impossible..as evidenced by it being done by other Royals for years. The issue was (evidently) living elsewhere while doing it.

LaRae

no, other royals did not do what the Sussexes wanted to do. Edward and Sophie had tried to combine business with a little part time royal work but it had proved to be unworkable and they had to give up their businesses and become full time royals. And they were at least basing themselves in the UK. It was going to be impossible for H and Meghan to take on a large scale business commitment, (whatever it is going to prove to be) and to live abroad part of the year, and do part time royal work. They were intended to be full time royals, supporting Charles and William.. and being the main support act once the older royals began to get older and retire or cut back. if they didn't want to undertake that role, they should have said so at the beginning. And they shold have realised that living abroad was going to increase their security costs massively.

This is the original article, which makes it even more believable as it’s the Times.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ving-archie-in-canada-for-this-trip-pfsmkrpmh

IF it’s true, I’m very upset. I feel terrible for the Queen, for Charles, for Philip....I hope it’s not true...(I had posted some other thoughts, but I deleted them because I want to think about such extreme comments before I post them)

Actually, I'm not surprised one bit that Archie will remain in Canada and to me, its a wise decision to make at this time especially with the global threat of COVID-19 so rampant. It just makes sense to me that if Archie can stay safe and secure somewhere and not risk any kind of exposure, its the best move for him. I wouldn't take a child on an international flight now unless I absolutely had to.

who knows what they may yet do that will merit a paragraph?

In under one Month, they will be private individuals, and anything they 'might achieve' thereafter will be unrelated to the BRF, and [justly] attributed to themselves, and themselves ONLY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom