General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s very hard to be away from a baby, even for a few hours, regardless of how worthy or entertaining the purpose.

And it wouldn’t be very relaxing, because it’s impossible not to think constantly about your baby.

It’s very hard to be away from a baby, even for a few hours, regardless of how worthy or entertaining the purpose.

And it wouldn’t be very relaxing, because it’s impossible not to think constantly about your baby.

Yes, it is hard, but working women are forced to it every day here in the U.S., and much sooner than 4 months.

A mother leaving her child - even for an overnight - is neither rare nor wrong.

I agree, katie.c wholeheartedly. I would even say, from experience, that getting away even if just for overnight is a welcomed blessing. Constant care of an infant can be very demanding day in and day out on the mother and she needs a breather. I'm sure Archie will be just fine for a while without his mama.

BTW: Welcome to TRF!

We are so easily goaded, it's amazing. No way Meghan is leaving her 4-month old baby to fly overseas overnight for a tennis match, best friend or not. - and I really hope I'm right.

It's actually healthy to get time away from your child, and even healthier to have time for yourself with friends. It makes a person feel like their own person, not just a parent/wife/husband, but it gives you meaning outside of that baby/family bubble.

Well it would seem that in the tour briefing today the correspondents asked about Meghan’s trip and it was confirmed. She paid for it privately.

It's actually healthy to get time away from your child, and even healthier to have time for yourself with friends. It makes a person feel like their own person, not just a parent/wife/husband, but it gives you meaning outside of that baby/family bubble.
Yes! This is something we often forget. We all need a little time for ourselves to do as little or as much as we want.

How great that mom get a little break and father & son have some time together.

How odd to think a mom couldn't or wouldn't be able to go off and leave her baby with it's father (and childcare) for a couple days. Working women do this every single day.

LaRae

I am sure Archie will be fine, and yes she will have a little ache in her heart for him and will run in the door when she gets home. All healthy stuff.

I've had three children and any break, wedding of friends, camping trip, dinners out etc that I could get when they were babies was really really welcome.

I can remember Sarah leaving six week old Beatrice to go on a Royal tour of Canada with Prince Andrew in 1988. She was severely criticised by the media at the time for doing so but it doesn't seem to have affected her relationship with Beatrice any.

Meghan will be back on Sunday. I'm sure Archie will be perfectly content with having Daddy time and with his nanny too. His daily routine won't be disrupted.

I've had three children and any break, wedding of friends, camping trip, dinners out etc that I could get when they were babies was really really welcome.

I can remember Sarah leaving six week old Beatrice to go on a Royal tour of Canada with Prince Andrew in 1988. She was severely criticised by the media at the time for doing so but it doesn't seem to have affected her relationship with Beatrice any.

Meghan will be back on Sunday. I'm sure Archie will be perfectly content with having Daddy time and with his nanny too. His daily routine won't be disrupted.
You are absolutely right ! Archie won't be left to cope alone ! It won't hurt him and will allow his father plenty of bonding time !

Due to the chosen interviewees on the 60 Minutes segment, the moderators have decided to remove the link to it here and all responses to not provide a further platform for their comments / viewpoints.

What I learned from this article is that Serena Williams booked a seat for her finale. All else is just hearsay and a way to bring up all the other nonsense as well. Honestly, I could have lived without knowing about this article. Or, as they say: pics or it didn't happen.

Meghan indeed flew to New York for the US Open final:
https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-cheers-serena-williams-us-open-final-new-york/
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...rena-williams-us-open-final-royal-family-news

She reportedly also went to a yoga class in West Village after arriving in New York:
https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-yoga-class-after-arrival-nyc/
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a28948654/meghan-markle-yoga-class-new-york-report/

Serena however lost the match in straight sets. Andreescu played like a boss!

A snub?

I was watching the American television coverage of the women's final of the US Open tennis tournament. The Duchess of Sussex and was cheering for Serena Williams, which is fine as they are friends.
Maybe our tv didn't show it, but shouldn't she have congratulated the winner as she is Canadian, a Commonwealth country.

I was watching the American television coverage of the women's final of the US Open tennis tournament. The Duchess of Sussex and was cheering for Serena Williams, which is fine as they are friends.
Maybe our tv didn't show it, but shouldn't she have congratulated the winner as she is Canadian, a Commonwealth country.

That's a very good point.

She was there as a private citizen attending tennis in the stands. She was not there in any official capacity representing the queen and commonwealth.

I am sure if she actually had a chance to meet the winner, she would have congratulated her on the win.

Disappointed in her choice to fly to another country and just to watch a tennis match.

It was such a beautiful thing to watch a friend take a little time out of her very busy life as a wife, mother and senior royal to support her friend at the US Open. That’s true friendship and a great representation of a sisterhood bond. It didn’t even matter that her friend did not win the match. The love and support is what counted.

It was really silly of folks to take to Twitter and other outlets to accuse Meghan of being a jinx to Serena. I swear a lot of adults on the net act like they never left grade school. Theres too much childish behavior by grown folks on the net, if you ask me.

Also, isn’t it great that Meghan got a well deserved break away from the baby and Harry got some 1o1 time with his son? That’s a good thing.

Last edited:
I definitely agree with you, Dman. I think people tend to forget that high profile royals such as Meghan and Harry are, also have their own personal lives and friends and things they like to do and just because they're in the public eye, they're not going to stop doing what they love, seeing people they love and care about and take time for themselves to just enjoy life without pressure.

I really wonder how those that find fault with every little move Meghan makes would feel if every single move of every single day that *they* made became points to complain about and criticize at every turn.

We need to remember that Meghan is a person first and foremost and her roles she fills are attributes that she has available to her to make her life meaningful to her. She's not out there to please us, pacify us or even entertain us. We just happen to like to watch what she does. At least I do. :D

I am much more disappointed, that Ellen DeGeneres has visited Little Archie and says, he looks like Prince Harry!
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/09/entertainment/ellen-royal-baby/index.html

Because I can not say that. I have not really seen him yet.

what's disappointing about this? If Ellen is a friend of Meghan's then it is likely that she would see the baby in private.. and Meg and Harry seem to be making it clear that he is a private individual and they don't want to do a lot of photo appearnaces with him..

what's disappointing about this? If Ellen is a friend of Meghan's then it is likely that she would see the baby in private.. and Meg and Harry seem to be making it clear that he is a private individual and they don't want to do a lot of photo appearnaces with him..
I suggest that you read the post once or maybe twice again. All of it. It's a joke.

Talking about Ellen

There is a Utube titled
Famous People related to the Queen.
Ellen and Hary and Archie
descend from Edward III.

Disappointed in her choice to fly to another country and just to watch a tennis match.

I think it’s nice that she took the time to go support her friend. She wasn’t just watching a game. She was supporting her friend.

I'm glad she's able to support her friends, maintain them, and be there for her friends for their huge career moments. I'm glad the royal life isn't preventing her from being a loyal, supportive, present friend. This wasn't just a tennis match. It was a huge moment to Serena, and I loved that Meghan was able to travel to support her.

I am much more disappointed, that Ellen DeGeneres has visited Little Archie and says, he looks like Prince Harry!
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/09/entertainment/ellen-royal-baby/index.html

Because I can not say that. I have not really seen him yet.

The british public has not seen much of him, either. In the current anti-climate of the royal watcher press it does not help that varous celebrity friends tell their insider tale and defend the couple on every opportunity. Sometimes
'keep quiet' is a better approach but I guess H&M exactly like it like that. Their closeness to celebrity culture is the biggest problem going forward, IMO.

Archie was born not long before the summer season started when the royals all have their downtime. We really didn't get to see much of anyone come to think of it. There really was no occasion for the public to see Archie but that will change come the tour to South Africa. I think we'll get quite a few photos of Archie to please our eyeballs then. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom