General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am saddened to see that a woman Meghan chose to highlight is using this connection as clickbait to generate views and followers by dropping Meghan's name into obviously nonsensical rants. One month ago no one would have cared what Jameela Jamil had to say about the Sussexes, but because people perceive Meghan to have a connection and form of closeness to these women, people are flocking to read her rants, and I believe Jameela was fully aware of that and is shamelessly exploiting it.

The only alternative is that Jameela sincerely believes that it is dangerous for us normal muppets to be in proximity due members of The Royal Family due to roaming assassins.

Last edited by a moderator:
When is the couple expected to be at Balmoral?

If they even go. They weren’t there last year. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen Harry up at Balmoral.

It would be great if they went around the time of the Braemar Highland Games. The young royals don’t tend to go. So it would be nice to see them there.

The times that the royals spend at Sandringham or Balmoral are on their private time and unless they're "spotted" at Aberdeen airport or on a Sunday attending church with the Queen, the public is not informed of their plans. We know the Sussexes are very, very good at traveling under the radar so they could have been to Balmoral and back home again already. :D

I'll be happy when the silly season is over and we get to the meat and potatoes of what Harry and Meghan do. Their public roles. We've a lot to look forward to with the opening of the Sussex foundation and their tour to Africa.

For me, this is the whole shebang of the young royals and their families wanting their privacy. Freedom to go and do as they please on their own downtime without every detail being splashed all over the public domain. I think the Queen and Philip and Charles and Camilla have come to realize that the Balmoral estate is a place where they can breathe the easiest and just enjoy their downtime in peace and quiet. I also believe this is the underlining reason that the Sussex family chose to live in Windsor Home Park at Frogmore Cottage.

Perhaps for us, this concept of being left alone isn't something that is worth its weight in gold as I imagine the majority of us could slip on a coat over our jammies and go to the nearest store for a gallon of milk and no one would blink an eye or even notice us. Even with bedhead. If we put ourselves in the position that Harry and Meghan are in, we'd have to be sure to dress nice, have hair and makeup just right and be prepared for cell phone cameras out and at the ready for every little detail right down to the brand of milk we bought. Would that gallon of milk be worth it? I'd think twice about it. :D

We know the Sussexes are very, very good at traveling under the radar so they could have been to Balmoral and back home again already. :D

They certainly seem to be struggling with the "traveling under the radar" thing recently ?

They've been seen ONCE traveling (in the past months). IF they have done other travel no one has seen it. That seems to imply they do rather well moving about unnoticed..much as they did while dating and after Meghan moved to the U.K.

LaRae

They've been seen ONCE traveling (in the past months). IF they have done other travel no one has seen it. That seems to imply they do rather well moving about unnoticed..much as they did while dating and after Meghan moved to the U.K.

LaRae

And as far as I know only one return flight was a private flight. All the others were commercial. I still think people are making a big fuss over nothing.

And as far as I know only one return flight was a private flight. All the others were commercial. I still think people are making a big fuss over nothing.

Yes of course. I think it doesn't matter what they do, ppl who don't like them/her are going to grasp at anything to view things in a negative way.

ETA: I think the trip to France was private both ways, paid for by Elton John.

LaRae

They certainly seem to be struggling with the "traveling under the radar" thing recently ?

Indeed. The entire royal family seem to be struggling with not being seen travelling.

?

People could care less on how the royal family travel. They’ve been flying by commercials planes and private jets for decades. Its never been a major big deal and all of us royal watchers know this. Once in a while you would see a morsel of noise about the royals luxury lifestyle, but never on this kind of level. It’s only happening now because of certain people’s attitudes about Meghan.

People could care less on how the royal family travel. They’ve been flying by commercials planes and private jets for decades. Its never been a major big deal and all of us royal watchers know this. Once in a while you would see a morsel of noise about the royals luxury lifestyle, but never on this kind of level. It’s only happening now because of certain people’s attitudes about Meghan.

It's happening now because they keep banging on about climate change and telling the rest of us what me must do in our lives to help counter it whilst usung 4 private jets in 11 days to go on holiday.

It's happening now because they keep banging on about climate change and telling the rest of us what me must do in our lives to help counter it whilst usung 4 private jets in 11 days to go on holiday.

Other senior members of BRF have spoken about climate change & also travel in public & private on private jets, yet are not receiving ad nauseam negative coverage about it.

Again, as far as I know the flights to Ibiza haven’t been confirmed yet. So that makes two flights out of god knows how many commercial flights. Hardly preaching is it.

Besides people do need to be a bit more careful with what they do. That doesn’t mean nothing is allowed. And saying people need to be more careful isn’t the same as telling people what to do. That’s just reading into things.

Again, the royals are major stompers on climate change and take private jets to and from their private destinations all the time. The major complaint is only happening now because the ‘in’ thing is now to try to find absolutely anything to slam this royal couple on.

I do agree with this comment - irrespective of what anyone thinks about Harry or Meghan personally, they do live an immensely priviledged life at the expense of the public purse - they have recently been provided with a fantastic home at Frogmore, and like to travel to beautiful destinations for their summer holidays. These are things that most British people can only dream of, and at at time when most British people are worried about whether they can have their chemotherapy or when they can have their hip replacement, and when there are concerns about supplies of drugs such as insulin in the near future, they must not be seen to abuse this privileged position. To speak so earnestly about the issue of climate change, and then to take a private jet (whoever paid for or offset it), could easily be seen as abusing this privilege. This holds for all members of the Royal Family, but since H+M are the some of the most talked about in the media, the recent stories in the press should not be a surprise to them, rather almost expected.

I do agree with this comment - irrespective of what anyone thinks about Harry or Meghan personally, they do live an immensely priviledged life at the expense of the public purse - they have recently been provided with a fantastic home at Frogmore, and like to travel to beautiful destinations for their summer holidays. These are things that most British people can only dream of, and at at time when most British people are worried about whether they can have their chemotherapy or when they can have their hip replacement, and when there are concerns about supplies of drugs such as insulin in the near future, they must not be seen to abuse this privileged position. To speak so earnestly about the issue of climate change, and then to take a private jet (whoever paid for or offset it), could easily be seen as abusing this privilege. This holds for all members of the Royal Family, but since H+M are the some of the most talked about in the media, the recent stories in the press should not be a surprise to them, rather almost expected.

I agree with this. Carbon footprint or not, it seems somewhat of a contradictory move; and this is coming from someone who generally supports the Sussexes in what they do.

Has the Ibiza trip been proven yet? Just asking.

Has the Ibiza trip been proven yet? Just asking.

Not really. It’s two flights out of a few hundred. It’s making a mountain out of a molehill.

Please note that speculative comments regarding the state of the Sussex marriage, Megan "dumping" Harry, the Sussexes leaving the royal family, etc, have been deleted.

Let's try to stick with what we know.

Could it be something they do every now and then and are usually left alone to enjoy their meal? Not everything they do has an ulterior motive to it. ;)

Could it be something they do every now and then and are usually left alone to enjoy their meal? Not everything they do has an ulterior motive to it. ;)

I completely agree. But coming just after all the negative press around private planes and big spending on home repairs and designer clothing, one cannot help but think that this might be part of a PR campaign. This is especially so as H&M appear not to have been sighted often at country pubs or restaurants previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom