The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1901  
Old 03-14-2020, 12:12 AM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
but this isn't the media, these are pranksters, who perhaps got lucky and fooled him. Of course the media is going to report it, that's what they are paid for.
And if he denies it people would choose to not believe what he says and still spread the story so perhaps he or the palace won't even bother.
__________________

  #1902  
Old 03-14-2020, 01:13 AM
Ista's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,539
Several posts have been deleted for being off topic. Please stick to general news about the Sussex family.
__________________

  #1903  
Old 03-14-2020, 04:09 AM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I believe they have now decided not to have a Foundation. I read a statement they released about deciding there were enough foundations around already.
I thought it was on their website but that seems to have been stripped of everything but a few photos.
It can still be found, look at: additional details
  #1904  
Old 03-14-2020, 04:18 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
And if he denies it people would choose to not believe what he says and still spread the story so perhaps he or the palace won't even bother.
Its hard to say. Royals don't usually make many statements against stories in the press because tehre are so many of them that they would be always doing it. If it is a serious matter, they may deny a story. But BP may feel that since H has left royal life its up to him.. Harry and Meghan have sued the press recently so a statement might not be so unusual...but so far he has not made one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I believe they have now decided not to have a Foundation. I read a statement they released about deciding there were enough foundations around already.
I thought it was on their website but that seems to have been stripped of everything but a few photos.
Yes that was what they said, but they are going to have some kind of charity thing. I think they will feel they need to be seen doing some charity wrok, and not just building up a business.
  #1905  
Old 03-14-2020, 05:17 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Its hard to say. Royals don't usually make many statements against stories in the press because tehre are so many of them that they would be always doing it. If it is a serious matter, they may deny a story. But BP may feel that since H has left royal life its up to him.. Harry and Meghan have sued the press recently so a statement might not be so unusual...but so far he has not made one.
They did did they. Even though that was the plan when they were royal. More to do that they clould not afford to have a foundation and need to found one that will be able to earn money to run itself.

I did feel that in the end, apart from that photo that they went out in a squib really. Two many other problems and actually people just kind of got over it and moved on and now all the articles are about the pranking and reminding everyone how he isnt very bright anyway. Makes me feel a bit sad for the hubris of this pair. They thought they were irreplaceable. No one is...the closet anyone will get to that is the Queen.
  #1906  
Old 03-14-2020, 06:07 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 460
The palace do not comment or deny stories, unless very rare exceptions. The problem as I see it is if they were to deny most things the minute something is not denied the public / media will assume it must be true. At the moment most people take the stories with a degree of doubt. At times 'sources' deny a story but we can never be sure who the sources are and how accurate the info.
There are too many important things going on just now, the story has fell away already. Issuing statements would open it up again. The story is not important enough at the moment. At another time it would have been all over the media.
Or possibly the media themselves think it is a hoax.
  #1907  
Old 03-14-2020, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,048

To me, it sounds authentic.

(More and more, Harry is reminding me of Andrew).
  #1908  
Old 03-14-2020, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
The palace do not comment or deny stories, unless very rare exceptions. The problem as I see it is if they were to deny most things the minute something is not denied the public / media will assume it must be true. At the moment most people take the stories with a degree of doubt. At times 'sources' deny a story but we can never be sure who the sources are and how accurate the info.
There are too many important things going on just now, the story has fell away already. Issuing statements would open it up again. The story is not important enough at the moment. At another time it would have been all over the media.
Or possibly the media themselves think it is a hoax.
true but Harry might well deny it. He is now an independent being, really and BP may just be leaving him to sort things out himself
  #1909  
Old 03-14-2020, 09:52 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 442
No-one is paying any attention to this - the only Royal stories that have been in the news are the Queen cancelling engagements and Charles and Camilla cancelling their tours. I doubt we'll hear anything from the Palace for the time being, unless the Queen issues a statement thanking medical staff and urging people to keep calm and so on.
  #1910  
Old 03-14-2020, 02:57 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 24
Moving on from the prankster stuff, two thoughts:

I wonder if whatever plans that H & M had in January is salvageable. Put aside the whole part-time royal stuff. I'm focusing on whatever plans they may have had after they learned/agreed to completely step back from any royal duties. The coronavirus will almost assuredly impact (i) their willingness to travel and (ii) businesses' ability to and interest in paying them or investing in their projects. Unlike some here, I'm still rooting for the Sussexes, but I have to believe that their "return to the fold" is more likely given the global pandemic. Independence will be difficult when everyone is quarantining or social distancing and the global economy is in shambles.

Also, the Times is reporting that H & M will be visiting HMQ in June and that Harry and Meghan will be attending Trooping (unclear if Archie will join them for that trip).
Quote:
Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, who turns one in May, will finally return to these shores this summer. It could be his first trip this year, although he may accompany his parents to Britain in June when they attend trooping the colour.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are believed to have accepted the Queenís invitation to visit her this summer at Balmoral, her Scottish retreat, and are planning to take their son with them.
I know some thought they (especially Meghan and Archie) would never return to Great Britain. Obviously, this is just the "plan," but the rift doesn't appear to be as great as some would like to believe.
  #1911  
Old 03-14-2020, 03:11 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 364
Well, from a marketing perspective: This is good advertisement for the Sussexes brand.
  #1912  
Old 03-14-2020, 03:32 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 840
That is fantastic news ! Iím thrilled also that Harry, Meghan and Archie will be spending time with Charles in Scotland. I think this kind of family gathering, private, is exactly whatís needed....for ALL of them.
  #1913  
Old 03-14-2020, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
That is fantastic news ! Iím thrilled also that Harry, Meghan and Archie will be spending time with Charles in Scotland. I think this kind of family gathering, private, is exactly whatís needed....for ALL of them.
I agree! If the story is accurate the Queen obviously wants Harry & Meghan to know they are still members of her family.
  #1914  
Old 03-14-2020, 03:58 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I agree! If the story is accurate the Queen obviously wants Harry & Meghan to know they are still members of her family.
I think the Queen and Charles have been trying to convey this to the couple as much as they can....whether the message is being heard, who knows, especially IF Harry is or was upset about not being included in the processional at the Commonwealth service. His family loves them, no matter how angry he or Meghan may or may not be.
  #1915  
Old 03-14-2020, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I agree! If the story is accurate the Queen obviously wants Harry & Meghan to know they are still members of her family.
Of course they are still members of her family.. but that does not mean taht they are royal workers. Is Meghan really going to come back?
  #1916  
Old 03-14-2020, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Of course they are still members of her family.. but that does not mean taht they are royal workers. Is Meghan really going to come back?
Of course they're not royal workers. I never stated they weren't. But that doesn't mean they aren't still members of the Queen's family. Just like her Phillips grandchildren, the Snowdons and the Chattos. I have no idea if Meghan will go back. The article claims she will but it could be nothing more than gossip. But those who claimed she would never set foot in the UK were proven wrong by the events of last week. I frankly see no reason why she wouldn't return again and I don't see why the Queen wouldn't welcome her despite her obvious and justified disappointment in Harry and Meghan. IMO the Queen is a very magnanimous person.
  #1917  
Old 03-14-2020, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Of course they're not royal workers. I never stated they weren't. But that doesn't mean they aren't still members of the Queen's family. Just like her Phillips grandchildren, the Snowdons and the Chattos. I have no idea if Meghan will go back. The article claims she will but it could be nothing more than gossip. But those who claimed she would never set foot in the UK were proven wrong by the events of last week. I frankly see no reason why she wouldn't return again and I don't see why the Queen wouldn't welcome her despite her obvious and justified disappointment in Harry and Meghan. IMO the Queen is a very magnanimous person.
I doubt if anyone believed she woud "never again set foot" in the UK.... She has got to come back at times.. and I said that she was a member of the queen's personal family.. but that's another matter to making a permanent return.
  #1918  
Old 03-14-2020, 06:51 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,386
If the story is true, I'm glad that HM is being civil and is still opening family invitations to the Sussexes. I hope they get to go to Balmoral if the Coronavirus pandemic has settled down by then (which hopefully it should have, but who knows - some have said that it could resurge again later on in the year).
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #1919  
Old 03-14-2020, 06:52 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Of course they are still members of her family.. but that does not mean taht they are royal workers. Is Meghan really going to come back?
And why wouldn't she?? I'd love one of you who cling to 'she hates the UK' to give me one example of why you believe she will never come back.

You have already been proven wrong. People claimed she would never come back for these last visits. And low and behold she did. And low and behold it has been made loud and clear that she will continue with her patronages. Including the National theater and the commonwealth trust, from the queen.

Harry isn't the only one who has friends in the UK. Meghan has been coming to the UK before she met him. One of her best friends Lindsay lives in London. Markus lives there as well. And other friends she has made with Harry as well.


They wouldn't keep leasing Frogmore, and the expense it is, if they didn't plan to keep using it at times.

As Archie is getting older, and traveling with him is easier, bringing him back for things like Trooping will be much easier. As will the summer at Balmoral. There is no evidence he didn't make the last trip with them either. He wasn't going to attend events with them so we don't know.
  #1920  
Old 03-14-2020, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I doubt if anyone believed she woud "never again set foot" in the UK....

She has got to come back at times..
But that is what some members claimed. Otherwise I would not have stated they had. I am not in the habit of lying.

Quote:
and I said that she was a member of the queen's personal family
No, you said "Of course they are still members of her family."

"Of course" implies someone claimed they weren't. I pointed out no one did.

And to be nit-picky, you said "family" not "personal family."


Quote:
.. but that's another matter to making a permanent return.
I'm not talking about a permanent return. My original post was in reference to an article in The Times which claims the Queen has invited Harry and Meghan to stay at Balmoral this summer and they have accepted.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (0 members and 10 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
aristocracy armenia belgian royal belgian royal family birthday celebration charles of wales chittagong cht countess of snowdon cover-up crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife cyprus denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; dutch history dutch royal family dutch royals felipe vi future games germany haakon vii henry v hill house of bernadotte house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau jumma kent list of rulers lithuania lithuanian palaces mailing marriage mbs monaco christening monarchism nobel prize norwegian royal family official visit pakistan palestine popularity prince charles prince daniel prince harry princely family of monaco princess elizabeth pronunciation queen paola romanov family rown royal tour shakespeare snowdon spain spanish royal startling new evidence state visit sweden swedish history thailand tracts united kingdom unsubscribe usa videos


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×