The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 10:28 AM
Courtier

The Omid Scobie article is just stupid. I'll admit that I read it but the whole thing is so fanatical that it really couldn't even be considered journalism. At best I suppose it could be considered an opinion piece but in reality it's nothing more than PR spin.

I'll say again that it speaks volumes that more than 24 hours have passed and no one from either Harry and Meghan's camp or that of the RF will comment or deny. The things said in that call were certainly personal slams at the family but that's relatively inconsequential and par for the course these days with them. The things said about leaders, though, could and might be potentially very damaging for relations and should have been immediately denied if untrue. Particularly given how Trump and his cronies like to use those sorts of things to their advantage. I think it's certainly worth remembering that these calls apparently took place on December 31 and January 22. At that point Harry was still very much considered a "working royal" and at the time of the first call they hadn't yet delivered their grenade. That makes these comments look even worse.

There's a lot to unpack about Harry's mental health and what Meghan may be doing in relation to it. There's also a lot to unpack with regard to Meghan's sincerity and what the "real" Meghan really is and if we've ever really seen that "real Meghan." I must admit that I agree with the poster above who stated that all of this could and more than likely would be used against Harry in the event of an eventual custody dispute. He really should be more careful about airing all of this dirty laundry.

I also must say that I fully agree with evolvingdoors here...we all see things from our own perspective and experience but I, too, have experience with a family member dealing with a relationship that, quite frankly, reminds me very much of that between Harry and Meghan and I think that's why from the start I've never seen this relationship as healthy or wonderful and have instead seen the insincerity, the overacting, the awe factor, the complete reliance...

It's inevitable that in a forum such as this there will be differing opinions, differing viewpoints, differing experiences and we all see all of this from our own vantage points. That's great. It's actually a wonderful place to have real conversations and open eyes to differing viewpoints. But it's rarely, if ever, advisable to become fanatically wrapped up in the defense of a public person that one doesn't personally know, particularly when that public person or persons have made some massively ill-advised missteps over the course of a few years and appears to be pinballing from one PR disaster to the next.

Old 03-12-2020, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
All anyone's interested in at the moment is the coronavirus situation, TBH. This has barely merited a mention on the news or even in the papers. At another time, it would have caused a problem, but not now.
True and possibly the Palace has had enough of harry and Meghan by now and is not going to say anything whether it is him or not.

Old 03-12-2020, 12:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
Possible since we're so close to April 1st.
Still a few weeks away, but still...

If it is true, I have to believe that the BRF is gobsmacked. Where do you even begin to talk with Harry about it? There’s so much wrong...

As for Scobie, every time I see his name, I think of Scooby Doo, lol
Old 03-12-2020, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I've just been sitting here taking everything in and finding that I really don't have too much to say about what is going on. I won't even begin to start postulating on Harry's mental health as a) I don't know him and b) I'm not a mental health professional and c) I don't think its any of my business to think about someone else's mental health where my main concern should be my own.

As far as the prank call to Harry, there's something just really off about it all that doesn't sound like its actually credible to me. Can't say it did or didn't happen as stated but it just seems off. If this is actually what happened, I can see where its a case of Harry finding out how different things can be. No BP to refute such claims or send an "official" word anymore. Its totally Harry's to deal with as Harry deems fit. Perhaps some of the "perks" of being connected to the "Firm" and being royal were so much taken for granted as always being there, Harry won't realize just how "protected" he really was until the advice, help and support that's always been there for him is no longer there anymore.

Its yet to be determined just how much the Sussexes will return to the UK and their involvement continues with the charities and patronages already established and I do wish them well and success in whatever they choose to do but I can't help but think that the biggest bridge that they've burnt behind them is the global platform they were handed to establish their philanthropic work on. I think now they'll find they have to work harder to get less done and their publicity level is not going to be as good as it was.

I do wish them all the happiness and success in the world as they go forward. If they're happy, that's all that really matters in the long run. We can only sit and watch as things happen. Keeps us off the streets and out of trouble.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-12-2020, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post

I canít imagine a show as Good Morning America would stoop this low.
You maybe mean, Good Morning Britain?

I canít see either shows going that far.

Look, I did research and looked the "pranksters" up. What I wrote is what I found. You don't believe it, okay. But I do wonder if you don't watch the world too much through your own biased eyes and you believe so many things about Meghan when she has done nothing so far to warrant that. Apart from the hatred Piers Morgan and certain tabloids have for her.

In the end it is your gut feeling and the one I have that makes us believe things that we weren't witnesses to. I just wish you would accept that and allow for a bit of a doubt when it comes to living, feeling humans.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:00 AM

I really liked the Harper's Bazaar piece. I thought it was incredibly interesting to read a rare account from someone who was there on the last day, and what the emotions felt like. Well-written, sensitive. I greatly enjoyed it.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:59 AM
Serene Highness

The thing that bothers me with a lot not just the Harper's Bazaar article is that much of the language, sentiment is what is said in a lot of the Sussex's own press releases. If this article wasn't written or full condoned by the Sussex's it would be plagiarism.
I think he is just making certain that he is top on the list of preferred press for them and the worldwide Meghan and Harry tour they are planning for later in the year.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:37 AM
Majesty

Who has said that the Sussexes are planning a 'world wide tour' later this year? Certainly not the couple themselves.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
The thing that bothers me with a lot not just the Harper's Bazaar article is that much of the language, sentiment is what is said in a lot of the Sussex's own press releases. If this article wasn't written or full condoned by the Sussex's it would be plagiarism.
I think he is just making certain that he is top on the list of preferred press for them and the worldwide Meghan and Harry tour they are planning for later in the year.
How would it be plagiarism when they are repeating the information that the Sussexes have shared with the public through their own press releases? Other news outlets have said similar things based on what they published on their website and instagram and weren't condoned by the Sussexes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose74 View Post
I really liked the Harper's Bazaar piece. I thought it was incredibly interesting to read a rare account from someone who was there on the last day, and what the emotions felt like. Well-written, sensitive. I greatly enjoyed it.
Agreed and I liked that it gave a little more insight to the background....some seem to thinks this is all easy for Meghan. When in reality it has been a very difficult and emotional process for both her and Harry. (...)
Old 03-13-2020, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Not looking too deep into this recent supposed scandal; when I first heard about it I thought it was true, but now I don't think it's legitimate and the palace isn't bothering to acknowledge it because it's ridiculous. I could be wrong, but I don't see why Harry would be so candid with a minor and a stranger.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Not looking too deep into this recent supposed scandal; when I first heard about it I thought it was true, but now I don't think it's legitimate and the palace isn't bothering to acknowledge it because it's ridiculous. I could be wrong, but I don't see why Harry would be so candid with a minor and a stranger.
The Palace may not be denying it because they are now leaving Harry to do his own work on these sorts of issues. And he hasn't denied it, has he?
Old 03-13-2020, 06:13 PM
Gentry

Why should Harry deny anything. People will believe what they want too. Media report anything that will sell and make money for them.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJulie View Post
Why should Harry deny anything. People will believe what they want too. Media report anything that will sell and make money for them.
but this isn't the media, these are pranksters, who perhaps got lucky and fooled him. Of course the media is going to report it, that's what they are paid for.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Is it known if Harry and Meghan are still in GB or back again in Canada and reunited with Archie? Or will Archie be flown to his parents?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Is it known if Harry and Meghan are still in GB or back again in Canada and reunited with Archie? Or will Archie be flown to his parents?
I thought they had gone back to Canada... and its harldy likely they are going to move a small child to the UK at present.... unless theyre going to be here for months.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
According to this article https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...-harry-canada/ Meghan returned to Canada Monday & Harry flew back to Canada yesterday - Thursday.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I never understood why people assume that this is a "Megxit" - meaning that it is she who is the driving force behind their exit as senior royals. I think that it's very much Harry who wanted to leave, even though he might also be conflicted about it.

I just hope they find joy and happines in their new life, and that the relationships with various members of the BRF will heal.
To me the phone call and how Harry speaks about his wife being harassed by the media because she is so strong, suggests that could very well be Meghan who has convinced Harry of a lot of things. He seems to think that he can only do this 'because of her'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
Possible since we're so close to April 1st.
In that case they would have released on April 1st, not 3 weeks in advance...
Old 03-13-2020, 07:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
To me the phone call and how Harry speaks about his wife being harassed by the media because she is so strong, suggests that could very well be Meghan who has convinced Harry of a lot of things. He seems to think that he can only do this 'because of her'.
There are so many more possibilities. The media has long described Harry as stubborn, alpha etc. perhaps now that he has a family he has a strong reason to make more difficult choices. From what I observe of their relationship it seems to be very mutual and supportive of each other and isn't one-sided as some claim.

I can't wait for their new projects and foundation to start, they are a great TEAM and together they will have so many options and be able to reach many more people/charities.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
There are so many more possibilities. The media has long described Harry as stubborn, alpha etc. perhaps now that he has a family he has a strong reason to make more difficult choices. From what I observe of their relationship it seems to be very mutual and supportive of each other and isn't one-sided as some claim.

I can't wait for their new projects and foundation to start, they are a great TEAM and together they will have so many options and be able to reach many more people/charities.
I believe they have now decided not to have a Foundation. I read a statement they released about deciding there were enough foundations around already.
I thought it was on their website but that seems to have been stripped of everything but a few photos.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I believe that the last time anything was mentioned at all about any kind of an organization, it was referred to as an "entity". What that "entity" is going to be is anyone's guess right now.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry