The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 03:30 AM
Courtier

Claire, I’m getting annoyed at the “protection” comments, too - and it does sound like he’s not just referring to the media, sadly. It almost feels like he thinks his family is and has been a bad influence on him, and he doesn’t want them to touch Archie.

I just read this article, and I couldn’t agree more with it. I know it’s the DM, but it sums up everything I feel. I had only really glanced at what Harry said, but now some of the things are even worse than I thought.

“Greta” suggested marrying Prince George - even as a joke, that’s gross as he’s 6 years old. He shouldn’t have even been brought up - how did Harry laugh at that? If I’m William and Kate, I’m furious.

Chunga-Changa? Penguins at the North Pole?

The digs at his family are ugly. He lives a “much better” life? He and Meghan believe in inclusivity, so they are “separate” from his family? This attitude is not going to endear him to anyone except his fanatic fan base.

He’s utterly naive to have opened up like this to a teenager - a stranger. Sadly, he’s given us a window into his feelings...

I still think, even so, that these pranksters are awful people

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ranksters.html

Old 03-12-2020, 04:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I see your point, but I believe that privacy is a basic human right. Even if he didn't know her, I think he should be able to let down his guard and speak frankly, without having to worry about the conversation going viral. It must be so stressful to always have to assume that you are being recorded.
Of course in an ideal world, he should...but he is a royal, he is famous and that means the press and public are going to follow him and look for stories. Which is why he has security and staff to protect him. he knew about the phone hacking by the Brtisih Press, he knew about pranksters calling the queen even.....

Old 03-12-2020, 05:21 AM
Courtier

If the phone call is genuine then Prince Harry believed it to be a private conversation so I'm treating it as such. What he says and does in private is his own business, which is why the phone hacking scandals (for all not just Harry) are so disgusting. Within the law, everyone has the right to a private life. I find the picking over of what he (might have) said distasteful.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I’m blocked from that account, lol
This is the picture (from sussexroyal Instagram) that the Twitter comment was referencing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9kS7YjJ_kI/

Articles by the three reporters who covered Meghan's last event at BP on Monday (saying goodbye to staffers and meeting with ACU scholarship recipients), give us a different view of Meghan's emotions behind-the-scenes. Here is one of the articles, by Omid Scobie:

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...of-royal-life/
Old 03-12-2020, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I mean was he wrong? Little one was all of a few days old when he was likened to a damn chimp. I don't think I have seen any of the other little ones treated like that. I am sure it was just the beginning. They do what they do.

Only one person said that- one!
And he was immediately fired.

Yet people keep mentioning this as though it was a common occurance.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:29 AM
Nobility

I don't know whether I believe this or not. The latest reports claim that Harry gave the hoaxers his e-mail address and mobile phone number, and that he replied to an e-mail purporting to be from the President of Switzerland. And would anyone believe that there was an island called "Chunga-Changa", and that people wanted to ship penguins to the North Pole? They even claim that they suggested they could help Harry claim the throne of Russia! OK, he does technically have a claim, on Prince Philip's side :-), but would he seriously have thought Greta Thunberg would say that? I can understand someone being taken in by hoaxers, but not all this.

It's very odd.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

^ If any of that is true.. he is less intelligent than anyone might have believed...
Old 03-12-2020, 07:36 AM
Commoner

Still no comment from BP or Henry?

IIRC the last time palace issued statement for something like this was in 2012 to confirm that the naked photo was indeed him. So there's possibility that this is fake and there won't be any comment from them just like toward any other fake rumour.
OTOH St James's Palace also didn't state anything about Catherine's hospital-prank-call. It was St Mary Hospital who issued statement about the prank and later St James's Palace issued statement of condolences of the nurse's suicide.

I really want to believe that the 35 yo Henry who was a royal all his life and had served in army (so he should had been briefed about security and vigilance) wouldn't be that naive to discuss something like that over a phone with someone who isn't his close friend/family/inner circle and all of this is simply media "revenge".

But then again, it was proven that his 27 yo self was reckless enough to be caught naked in foreign country so it's rather hard to think otherwise because even though some may argue that 20 yo is young, prone to mistake and unwise decision (eg Nazi costume), but if for a 27 yo still hold the same argument then maybe 35 yo still "young" as well.

PS: just like old Moody's famous word: "Constant vigilant, Harry".
Old 03-12-2020, 07:52 AM
Serene Highness

It is a weird situation as many people are assuming that BP isn't saying anyting as Harry was a non-royal at the time . Sorry non-royal doesn't really work - need a new term. Part time royal also doesn't.

Oddly enough this has happened before to the Earl of Wessex back in the 1980's when he was teaching at a school in New Zealand - but Edward immediately asked how they had the number as only family members and close friends had been given it. The radio presenter admitted the prank and they ended up having an almost 2 hour discussion about Bond films and Mars Bars. Most of Ingrid Seward's biography on Edward at 18 is from this interview.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
Still no comment from BP or Henry?

I
OTOH St James's Palace also didn't state anything about Catherine's hospital-prank-call. It was St Mary Hospital who issued statement about the prank and later St James's Palace issued statement of condolences of the nurse's suicide.

I really want to believe that the 35 yo Henry who was a royal all his life and had served in army (so he should had been briefed about security and vigilance) wouldn't be that naive to discuss something like that over a phone with someone who isn't his close friend/family/inner circle and all of this is simply media "revenge".

But then again, it was proven that his 27 yo self was reckless enough to be caught naked in foreign country so it's rather hard to think otherwise because even though some may argue that 20 yo is young, prone to mistake and unwise decision (eg Nazi costume), but if for a 27 yo still hold the same argument then maybe 35 yo still "young" as well.

PS: just like old Moody's famous word: "Constant vigilant, Harry".
But Kate herself did not have anything to do with the call to the hospital. It was the nurses who took the call who were the victims, and one of htem committed suicide. I think that Harry has a bit of a history of silly things, like the naked billiards... so he might well have fallen for the call and might well have talked indiscreetly
Old 03-12-2020, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
need a new term. Part time royal also doesn't.
'Ex Royal'...? 'Beyond the Pale' Royal ?
Old 03-12-2020, 08:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
This is the picture (from sussexroyal Instagram) that the Twitter comment was referencing:

Articles by the three reporters who covered Meghan's last event at BP on Monday (saying goodbye to staffers and meeting with ACU scholarship recipients), give us a different view of Meghan's emotions behind-the-scenes. Here is one of the articles, by Omid Scobie:

He certainly does look happy there, though that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s happy overall. My general thought is even if he is, it doesn’t mean he can’t also be sad about leaving family and the only life he’s known.

Thank you for the link, but I stopped reading (no surprise given the reporter) after this quote:

Quote:
Harry and Meghan’s hopes were quickly dashed by an institution seemingly unable to accept change as a viable option (even though some royals across Europe—and even other members of the British royal family—have succeeded in balancing duties to the crown and individual careers).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I don't know whether I believe this or not. The latest reports claim that Harry gave the hoaxers his e-mail address and mobile phone number, and that he replied to an e-mail purporting to be from the President of Switzerland. And would anyone believe that there was an island called "Chunga-Changa", and that people wanted to ship penguins to the North Pole? They even claim that they suggested they could help Harry claim the throne of Russia! OK, he does technically have a claim, on Prince Philip's side :-), but would he seriously have thought Greta Thunberg would say that? I can understand someone being taken in by hoaxers, but not all this.

It's very odd.
I’m going back and forth because I don’t even the voice sounded that much like Harry, who as a very deep voice. The one thing I can’t imagine real Harry abiding is the joke about marrying George, for many reasons. Aside from it being gross, the children should be completely off limits.

Is it possible the pranksters are pranking everyone and are just using fake Harry to do so?
Old 03-12-2020, 08:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post

Is it possible the pranksters are pranking everyone and are just using fake Harry to do so?
Possible since we're so close to April 1st.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just saw that these Russian "pranksters" got theirbelievability through Good MOrning America, where as I recall, Piers Morgan of the Daily Mail is somehow involved. The article at Harper's Bazaar wrote that they pranked people like Elton John or Bernie Sanders "for" Good Morning America, so got their marching orders from them. Does that mean the Daily Mail payed and oredered them to go after Harry? And why using "Greta" and not a potential client to talk to Harry? There is something so fishy behind this that I feel sorry for Harry because this was not a rather innocent "prank" but a trap for him - though I'm not sure it actually happened. They could have made it up to show Harry what they can do and to shut him up.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post

Did you actually read this shameful excuse for journalism of an article?
Because Omid in his role as Meghan mouthpiece and therefore insanely biased in her favor, even when she is very wrong!) has essentially accused the royal family of being mean to his wonderful “perfect” Meghan, in this very same article.
I am shocked Harpers Bazzar (what I always thought of as a respect publication) published such a disgrace to journalism.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:35 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Harper's Bazaar is a fashion magazine and hardly an investigative journal. When a celebrity gives them access -which is good for their sales- of course they are going to write a nice and fluffy piece. Magazines like this have done so for decades. The entertainment industry has worked like this for decades. It is not going to change now, it is IMO naive to imagine that it would.

Although we debate the Duchess of Sussex to a great extend, in the bigger scheme of things this is unimportant entertainment news which hardly requires in-depth investigative journalism. If you do not want to read fluffy pieces do not read these kind of magazines.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Something has been bothering me about not only Harry's actions but his continuing talk about his mental health and other comments about how fragile he seems. If and I hope this never happens but if this marriage were to go south, all of his comments could be grounds for Meghan to go for full custody of Archie and any other children they may have. All she would have to do is take Archie to the States and file there. A US judge is not likely to care that Harry is the Queen's grandson just that Archie is a US citizen. Harry could end up having to go through court ordered psyche evaluations and end up with only supervised visits with his child. I think it would be in his best interest to deal with his issues in private and stop talking about it so much.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:43 AM
Courtier

I never understood why people assume that this is a "Megxit" - meaning that it is she who is the driving force behind their exit as senior royals. I think that it's very much Harry who wanted to leave, even though he might also be conflicted about it.

I just hope they find joy and happines in their new life, and that the relationships with various members of the BRF will heal.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Harper's Bazaar is a fashion magazine and hardly an investigative journal. When a celebrity gives them access -which is good for their sales- of course they are going to write a nice and fluffy piece. Magazines like this have done so for decades. The entertainment industry has worked like this for decades. It is not going to change now.
Well... I would expect HB to do their due diligence and at least not post articles that are very one sided! Seriously there are too many lines in that article that a decent editor should have cut. I wonder if maybe this is the edited version?

I expect nothing from Omid, he has shown his true colors multiple times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I just saw that these Russian "pranksters" got theirbelievability through Good MOrning America, where as I recall, Piers Morgan of the Daily Mail is somehow involved. The article at Harper's Bazaar wrote that they pranked people like Elton John or Bernie Sanders "for" Good Morning America, so got their marching orders from them. Does that mean the Daily Mail payed and oredered them to go after Harry? And why using "Greta" and not a potential client to talk to Harry? There is something so fishy behind this that I feel sorry for Harry because this was not a rather innocent "prank" but a trap for him - though I'm not sure it actually happened. They could have made it up to show Harry what they can do and to shut him up.
I can’t imagine a show as Good Morning America would stoop this low.
You maybe mean, Good Morning Britain?

I can’t see either shows going that far.

Again it is amazing no one from the palace have yet to deny this, given the things that are said, tells me this is not fake! And... either the family have decided to wash their hands clean of Harry and Megahn after this, or they’re scrambling to do some serious damage control.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:17 AM
Nobility

All anyone's interested in at the moment is the coronavirus situation, TBH. This has barely merited a mention on the news or even in the papers. At another time, it would have caused a problem, but not now.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry