The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 05:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
There is a very big difference between "wading into political issues" or issues that are seen by some to be politically-minded and making personal attacks on elected officials, particularly those of other nations. I think we are seeing far less of an outcry here because Harry's supposed comments line up with the general public mood. Imagine if he had made similar comments about an elected leader who was in general public favor.

If you are ok with a senior member of the Royal Family (and you can't read a page here without being reminded that Harry is a senior member of the RF at the moment) making these comments about the president of an ally, brace yourself for when your favored political party is in power.

Quoting you just as a representative of the general ongoing conversation, Betsypaige.

Again, assuming any of this turns out to be true.
Well like I said in my original quote, I didn't think he should wade into those waters....but I'm not going to spend my day upset about it. That's what I meant by THIS quote here.

Old 03-11-2020, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've seen a few comments that it sounds like someone trying to sound like Harry on the audio.

LaRae

Old 03-11-2020, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
If this is true and the whole thing not a hoax, Harry commenting on political stuff is nothing new...several members of the family (Charles, William etc) who are working Royals stray into that area, life goes on.

LaRae
They are always on a thin line.. and usually they do it, in a speech. They don't talk to some random girl they hardly know and end up on youtube.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
This was crystallised [for me], on watching the Commonwealth Service - she grinning like a Cheshire Cat throughout, [playing to the Camera'] whilst he was in evident distress.. NO spouse would be like that when their partner is so clearly upset.

I don't know what it was, but it wasn't the love, care or support a Wife shows a Husband..
When I read your post wyevale , I said to myself “that’s a fact”, she always has a mannequin smile—but she’s no dummy, imo, she knows exactly what she’s doing.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
They are always on a thin line.. and usually they do it, in a speech. They don't talk to some random girl they hardly know and end up on youtube.
Assuming it's true, no they don't. I'm finding it hard to believe that you can just look up Harry's number and call him. I'm rather skeptical about this whole situation for now.

LaRae
Old 03-11-2020, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
This was crystallised [for me], on watching the Commonwealth Service - she grinning like a Cheshire Cat throughout, [playing to the Camera'] whilst he was in evident distress.. NO spouse would be like that when their partner is so clearly upset.

I don't know what it was, but it wasn't the love, care or support a Wife shows a Husband..
I posted about this before, but........I think this is unfair. I've been at least as harsh as anyone about Meghan, but is she not allowed to smile without negative motives being ascribed to it? If she had a blank expression on her face, she'd be criticized for being miserable. It's not her fault the camera was on her. Was anyone else playing to the camera?

I have real issues with Meghan, but I think it's important to be fair.....

AS to the audio.......I'll be honest, it only sounds like Harry on an artificial basis. Harry has a very deep voice, and this version just doesn't quite match up to the real thing (below)

https://youtu.be/oQgdloE3GOc
Old 03-11-2020, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
It’s not Meghan’s job to heal her husband. Love can’t fix another person - anyone who’s ever cared about an addict, an alcoholic, or someone who’s committed suicide knows that. Putting the burden of fixing someone with mental health issues onto their wife or family is wrong and it will not work.

If Harry’s emotional health is as fragile as some of his past statements make it seem then he might need professional help. He has access to the best help available. He has the money, he has the time. There’s nothing stopping him from working on any issue HE feels needs improvement. Meghan can encourage and support him during what’s often a difficult and ongoing process but she cannot fix him. Period.
No I doubt if Meghan can help Harry if he really is getting very messed up as he seems to be.. He was supposed to be getting professional help with his depression but if all this latest is true, he seems to be worse, not better. And it does seem that marriage to Meghan has "set him off" more than you'd expect. I was surprised last autumn that he seemed so depressed, when he was newly married, to a wife he loves and a new baby... If he was depressed after a bad marriage, that would be understandable. If he's depressed and mixed up, what is causing it? I don't think he looked all that happy durng his time in the UK.. where Meg was smiling away all the time.. he often looked tense...

Quote:
Assuming it's true, no they don't. I'm finding it hard to believe that you can just look up Harry's number and call him. I'm rather skeptical about this whole situation for now.

LaRae
These people are experts in doing this sort of thing.. Some people got the queen, Austrailain DJ's prank called the hospital where Kate was in, recovering from pregnancy sickness, with tragic results. Im sure they could find H's number if they tried.

Quote:

I think that unfortunately, for whatever reasons, she has encouraged him to do things like going into a new and stressful life.. living away from what is familiar to him, taking on a new career, talking it appears about his mental health and so on. And she is probably behind all the Anti Trump stuff that he has been saying. If he really is all messed up, it would have possibley been a lot better to give up royal duties but stay in England, where he had his home, his family and friends and where he was reasonably popular. The public would understand if he stepped away from royal duties because of depression and ill health, and he could lead a quiet life. Of course Meg isn't happy in the UK but if he is the one who is really depressed and unstable, then maybe she could make the sacrficie for a few years.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If she had a blank expression on her face, she'd be criticized for being miserable. It's not her fault the camera was on her.
There is near permanent 'rictus grin' and there is the occasional smile...no-one says she should look as grim as her Husband did, but the contrast between their respective demeanour's was really remarkable..
Old 03-11-2020, 06:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:

LaRae
Since neither BP. Or SR have denied it. I’m gonna go with: this **** is real and just hit the fan.

These hackers managed to reach Boris Johnson and Bernie Sanders, among others... you think they can’t hack the Canadian phone company to locate the house landline number? Or even get Harry’s Number?

You really should read about what hackers are capable of, trust me this **** is child play in the hacking world. Seriously.

Regarding Meghan:
There are personal reasons why I personally can see clearly this is not a healthy relationship.
Between my own personal experiences and issues and having a friend be a victim themselves to such a toxic relationship.
Thia has nothing to do with Meghan acting skills (or lack actually, because come on she’s a terrible actress!) she just come off as “danger, Will Robinson!”
Old 03-11-2020, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I posted about this before, but........I think this is unfair. I've been at least as harsh as anyone about Meghan, but is she not allowed to smile without negative motives being ascribed to it? If she had a blank expression on her face, she'd be criticized for being miserable. It's not her fault the camera was on her. Was anyone else playing to the camera?

I have real issues with Meghan, but I think it's important to be fair.....

AS to the audio.......I'll be honest, it only sounds like Harry on an artificial basis. Harry has a very deep voice, and this version just doesn't quite match up to the real thing (below)

https://youtu.be/oQgdloE3GOc
I so often agree with you Betsypaige, not this time...and I’m not trying to get into a nickel and dime here. When I saw some of the pictures, others all around are sitting with a solemn look and there is what I call the mannequin smile—I don’t think it’s nerves, I think she is always “on”. What did surprise me, was the pic in the car afterwards when what seemed to me “she let her guard down”.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
There is near permanent 'rictus grin' and there is the occasional smile...no-one says she should look as grim as her Husband did, but the contrast between their respective demeanour's was really remarkable..
I do agree. Possibly Meg's been told that royals always put on a smile and wave, no matter how they are feeling.... but I think that being back in the UK has not been easy for Harry. She is OK because its a short trip, and she got a good reception. and she has smiled away a lot.. but he does seem to have been unhappy looking a lot of the time. I remebmer when I first saw Meg - this was when they were just becoming known as a couple.. in the few photos she looked glum. But when she got engaged, she became "always smiling...
Old 03-11-2020, 06:51 PM
Nobility

The President of the United States "has blood on his hands".

I do hope this is a hoax. Otherwise this really is beyond the pale.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
You know the thing that made me think of a toddler was the: I was in the army for 10 years. I am more normal than my family think? What more than your brother and cousins and one with actual civilian jobs. More normal than your grandfather who had a great career pre Queendom. More normal than your grandmother who was a trained mechanic in the war. I mean really

He sounds, if true, like a toddler.

What’s strange about the military comment is most of the males in his family were in the military. So how his military career makes him more normal than anyone thinks or anyone else is beyond me. Then there’s the chunk of his family who all work normal jobs. Is he also trying to say his family doesn’t know him? Some things just need to remain private.....

Frankly- Harry’s normal image took a hit for me during the “royal” debacle on their website. Can’t be that normal and be that upset about the use of the word imo.

If this is true- yes- it sounds childish. But- par for the course these days from him and Meghan.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
What’s strange about the military comment is most of the males in his family were in the military. So how his military career makes him more normal than anyone thinks or anyone else is beyond me. Then there’s the chunk of his family who all work normal jobs. Is he also trying to say his family doesn’t know him? Some things just need to remain private.....

Frankly- Harry’s normal image took a hit for me during the “royal” debacle on their website. Can’t be that normal and be that upset about the use of the word imo.

If this is true- yes- it sounds childish. But- par for the course these days from him and Meghan.

I’ll add to this...

“...the right decision to be able to protect my son”. From what I ask he is possibly talking about IF it is him. I wouldn’t think security to be an issue in the UK, then what?
Old 03-11-2020, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
The President of the United States "has blood on his hands".

I do hope this is a hoax. Otherwise this really is beyond the pale.

Yeah. I don’t support Trump, but I’m not comfortable with that statement. If he said it.
That’s an extreme statement to make about an ally. It’s an extreme statement period.

This right here- maybe more than anything else- is why I think they should be denying he said this- if indeed he didn’t say it.

Quote:

It really was a remarkable contrast. Harry looked about as miserable as I’ve seen him. Meghan looked happy.

I don’t know what to think of it, but it was notable.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
I’ll add to this...

“...the right decision to be able to protect my son”. From what I ask he is possibly talking about IF it is him. I wouldn’t think security to be an issue in the UK, then what?
I think Harry wants to protect his son from what he views as a very toxic press.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Nobility

I would be surprised if SR decided to deny it regardless of whether this is true or not. Though the story has some coverage it's nothing on the level that that the sussexes usually get coverage on and with Corona Virus now declared a pandemic and the UK's plans for the virus and the economy dominating the front pages. Whether this story is true or not saying anything about it will only enhance the coverage of the story. From a PR perspective it would be smarter to just let the story become swept up with all the dominating headlines.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Guardian has asked the Duke's spokeswoman about the authenticity of the recording.
"A spokeswoman for the Sussexes declined to comment when asked if there was any doubt the voice was that of Harry."
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...greta-thunberg

The BBC reports that Russian state TV has run an extract from one of the alleged calls.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51831374
Old 03-11-2020, 07:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
No I doubt if Meghan can help Harry if he really is getting very messed up as he seems to be.. He was supposed to be getting professional help with his depression but if all this latest is true, he seems to be worse, not better. And it does seem that marriage to Meghan has "set him off" more than you'd expect. I was surprised last autumn that he seemed so depressed, when he was newly married, to a wife he loves and a new baby... If he was depressed after a bad marriage, that would be understandable. If he's depressed and mixed up, what is causing it? I don't think he looked all that happy durng his time in the UK.. where Meg was smiling away all the time.. he often looked tense...
The couple had quite a quick courtship and some of that time would have been spent planning the wedding, trying to get Meghan acclimated to British/royal life, planning their post marriage royal careers. Then they’re married and soon afterwards the baby comes along. Marriage and a new baby are joyous things but they can really ramp up a household’s stress level, too. If Harry’s presumed mental health issues weren’t being fully managed around this time all the change may have been enough to tip him over into a place where he wasn’t coping too well, (to put it mildly). And if Meghan was coming to the realization that she wasn’t happy with her new life around the same time, well, you can see how things ended up like they did.

I don’t feel sorry for either of them over much of what’s happened, but if this prank turns out to be true I think it’s a very, very cruel thing to do to someone, and also potentially dangerous - the situation with the nurse when Kate was having George being a prime example. To me there’s a difference between commenting on the way that Harry has behaved of his own free will, and baiting him into doing something stupid so that everyone can mock him.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
I would be surprised if SR decided to deny it regardless of whether this is true or not. Though the story has some coverage it's nothing on the level that that the sussexes usually get coverage on and with Corona Virus now declared a pandemic and the UK's plans for the virus and the economy dominating the front pages. Whether this story is true or not saying anything about it will only enhance the coverage of the story. From a PR perspective it would be smarter to just let the story become swept up with all the dominating headlines.

While the coronavirus is huge, cnn, Fox, Newsweek, vanity fair, bbc......and on and on are covering this. Oh- and the Trump quote is in some of the headlines. IMO- If they can deny it, they should.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry