General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are often asked by security not to take photos of royals on private occasions eg of Catherine while shopping but it's hypocritical of tabloids to run these stories when they constantly print pap photos of royal family children playing at private events eg Tindalls, which to me is intrusive & creepy.

Tons of pictures of Meghan were taken that day, she even approached a little boy to shake his hand (I am not sure she is actually signing an autograph and we should be careful about saying that without any actual proof because I am quite sure that this is definitely forbidden by the royal protocol) but anyway Meghan did not seem disturbed at all by the phones.
I saw the picture of the man taking his selfie but he was definitely very close to meghan and her friends and the PRO could not have known if he was taking a picture of meghan and her friends or a selfie... he was doing his job and it is not as if he took the phone of the man away or touched him, he looked like he just told him he was too close.

On top of that, the story from the telegraph came apparently from a women sally jones who happens to be a journalist and who claimed to have been sitting in the same row as Meghan and not from this "selfie man" in question

Claims of "privacy" should also be taken carefully... Meghan cannot expect to not have her picture taken but from the photos and her going to meet the little boy, it seems that she realises it, but on the other hand, she is entitled to have a little bubble of privacy aka people not going directly under her nose to take a picture of her like what selfie man was thought to be doing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with everything except that RPOs report to one person, their boss. PR has nothing to do with this, it’s just another pointless story and if they responded to every story like this it would be endless.

Just to elaborate on your information a bit here, it is often assumed that the "boss" is the royal that the RPO is in charge of. Not true. SO14 Royalty Protection Group is a component of the Metropolitan Police Service and they report to their bosses there and its also where their paychecks come from.

Its more a case of the royal follows what the RPO says in matters of security and not the other way around. So, PR doesn't have anything to do with anything the RPO requests of the people around a royal.

Last edited:
Had to laugh about the whole article. There are so many things in it that make the writing and printing of that article ridiculous.
What happened is this: Meghan, together with two friends, went to watch a friend playing tennis. As this happened at Wimbledon tournament, the three were seen in public.

But: She was as a private person at a public event. Thus she was pictured and she knew that before she went.

As for the claims. She had her security asking people to do it in a way that taking her picture didn't disturb her. I think that is okay. The queen doesn't want to be disturbed by other people when she is watching a race at Ascot, too.
And the other claims: so made up! All of them.

But the funniest thing was Mr. Piers Morgan calling her Ms. Markle and chastizing her for wanting to be private. If he decides when she is Ms. Markle and when HRH The Duchess of Sussex, she can equally decide when she is a private citizen and not a HRH in official duty. Only: she is right in doig it, he is not.

PRO could not have known if he was taking a picture of meghan and her friends or a selfie...

True it could be hard to tell, but then again I'd be able to see if someone was taking a selfie or not. I assume that an RPO needs to act quickly so for him to do so is only him doing his job.

Good piece by Patricia Treble describing what has happened in the lead up to the christening and pointing at a way forward for the Sussex family.
https://www.macleans.ca/royalty/arc...&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

This woman claims she was sitting in Meghan’s row, but unless she was Casper the Ghost, that’s not true.

There was a photo of RPO talking to a man who came up to her and her friends as they are watching the game with a phone, but they didn’t do anything when people had their phone up in their seats. They always step in, even on engagements or walkabouts, when people get too close and that’s usually not a call the royals make.

But can someone explain to me why it’s a big deal or ridiculous that RPOs ask people not take photos? I’ve seen those being reported about other royals when they are out and about.

Good piece by Patricia Treble describing what has happened in the lead up to the christening and pointing at a way forward for the Sussex family.
https://www.macleans.ca/royalty/arc...&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Great article. Unnecessary movements by the couple and their PR team should be avoided from now on. It’s not serving them well.

This woman claims she was sitting in Meghan’s row, but unless she was Casper the Ghost, that’s not true.

There was a photo of RPO talking to a man who came up to her and her friends as they are watching the game with a phone, but they didn’t do anything when people had their phone up in their seats. They always step in, even on engagements or walkabouts, when people get too close and that’s usually not a call the royals make.

But can someone explain to me why it’s a big deal or ridiculous that RPOs ask people not take photos? I’ve seen those being reported about other royals when they are out and about.

It’s not a big deal. The media just need to get back to reporting on some substance and that will come when Meghan’s maternity leave is over. We need to get back to the real stuff.

Last edited:
someone explain to me why it’s a big deal or ridiculous that RPOs ask people not take photos?

Because not she, nor anybody has a "private capacity" in a public place and there's nothing an RPO, nor any Police officer can do to about it.
Public places , are PUBLIC..

The fact is the 'fan' got up out of his seat went over to where Meghan and her friends were sitting and starting taking pictures right in front of them. That could easily turn into a melee if everyone else thinks that they can do the same and all clamored around them. The RPO did their jobs and also didn't tell him he couldn't take pictures it was more of how he went about doing so. Other fans who stayed in their seats weren't stopped from taking pictures and at one point Meghan even stopped to greet a fan (as other fans took pictures).

RPO's are within their rights to ask people not to come too close & take pics on private visits as has happened before with Catherine while shopping.

If Sally was sitting in the same row as Meghan. Was she ghost?

I am also confused because it didn't look like there was anyone around Meghan besides RPOs/staff? I mean not that we have pics of every moment of the match, but its weird that we have none of Sally Jones sitting anywhere near Meghan...

As the above picture shows the man came too close for comfort to take photos of the Duchess. He was in close enough range to harm Meghan and her guests!
The RPOs were just doing there job in protecting Meghan.

Based on this photo https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/09/11/15813748-7227411-image-m-94_1562666722859.jpg I suspect it is the closeness to her that concerned security - not the taking of a photo. I suspect there is no problem with someone a few rows away taking a photo but to encroach on her space like the person in the picture is scary.

And that's not even the person that complained. I still haven't seen photographic evidence that Sally Jones was near her or her RPO for what she claimed to have happened. We've seen evidence to the contrary though.

To be fair to the man, he was taking a selfie even though it looked like he was very close to the Duchess to take a picture of her and her friends. To be fair to the RPO, he wouldn't have known that's a selfie versus taking a photo of Meghan and her friends as his phone was aimed that way. Either way, this person didn't seem to be peeved much to run to the media. It was someone else not photographed at all. I think it's always an inconvenience with security for everyone, but alas it's necessary in the world today.

Last edited:
I think she was in the section to the left of Meghan & her friends across the aisle.

From our perspective or theirs? Because I didn't see anyone with the same hair color in the same row to the section on the left from our perspective. Regardless, the whole it was clear she was looking around to see who's looking at her is a bit much and imaginative. Unless this person can do mind reading?

From our perspective or theirs? Because I didn't see anyone with the same hair color in the same row to the section on the left from our perspective. Regardless, the whole it was clear she was looking around to see who's looking at her is a bit much and imaginative. Unless this person can do mind reading?

To the left in the photo-our perspective. Technically, I think Sally may have been in the next row up.

Meghan may have been looking around, but yeah, I doubt it was to see who was looking at her.:sad:

Last edited:
To the left in the photo-our perspective.

I still can't see her. There is a pretty clear picture of the left section from our perspective. I made my comment after seeing that photo. :lol: And really, how is RPO supposed to tap anyone on the shoulder other than the ones on the end? Did they walk over the people in the row behind them?:blink:

There is a whole lot that doesn't make sense with her story.

Last edited:
To the left in the photo-our perspective. Technically, I think Sally may have been in the next row up.

Meghan may have been looking around, but yeah, I doubt it was to see who was looking at her.:sad:

Have you seen the pics? I think Sally provided a pic of herself at Wimbledon to the Daily Fail. She wore a red cardigan and white/black/red dress. I don't see her in the pics.

Last edited:

The most interesting thing about this article is her linking a 2015 article describing the Cambridges doing the exact same thing. Some of the language is word for word used to describe Meghan right down to “What William Wants, William Gets!”

As for this incident? I think it’s very suspicious that his women had an article ready for all the papers about an incident that seemingly can be disproven if one looked hard enough. Chris Ship already questioning her story because details don’t add up. Too much video and photographs from that day to not be able to see this so called encounter.

Sally talked with TMZ. I think she wants 15 min of fame. The media needs to ask her to point out where she was sitting.

ETA: First she said she was in the same row as Meghan. Now she said, "she was sitting in the members box".

British media consultant and former BBC reporter Sally Jones tell TMZ ... she was sitting in the members box, taking pics of Serena Williams when one of Meghan's bodyguards came up and said, "Would you not take photographs of the Duchess? She's here in a private capacity."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/09/meghan-markle-security-no-photos-wimbledon/

Last edited:
The DM story continues to develop:

"Princess Privacy strikes again: Meghan is accused of 'looking childish' after tennis fans were ordered not to take pictures of her at Wimbledon – but Palace insists photo ban was to let her 'engage with people rather than camera phones’"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ns-ordered-not-pictures-Meghan-Wimbledon.html

The DF twisted a palace source's words. The source told the Telegraph, "It’s not unusual for people accompanying Members of the Royal Family at private, or public, events to ask members of the public not to take photographs. It is to enable Members of the Royal Family to engage with people and events.”

And, after all of this, still no photo to prove Sally Jones was even where she claimed to be at. :lol:

It's all very simple really. Ask her to point herself out in the photo, and a lot of the details can be verified.

Last edited:
Sally talked with TMZ. I think she wants 15 min of fame. The media needs to ask her to point out where she was sitting.

ETA: First she said she was in the same row as Meghan. Now she said, "she was sitting in the members box".

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/09/meghan-markle-security-no-photos-wimbledon/

So she is already changing her story? Why am I not surprised. Again I ask, where is the proof? Not like the camera weren’t on her plenty of the match. So they were able to see her RPO talk down to a man a few steps below her but not to a woman several rows over in a box? And she talking to TMZ? Okay. There is a reason people are questioning this because it doesn’t make much sense.

But if it is so easy to verify that the details are wrong why would the paper take it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom