The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry was apparently phone pranked by Russian hoaxers. He thought he was speaking to Greta and opened up about their move away from the BRF.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/111442...reta-thunberg/

Interesting read. And kind of shuts down this notion this is all on Meghan. Clearly not.

Old 03-10-2020, 08:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Harry was apparently phone pranked by Russian hoaxers. He thought he was speaking to Greta and opened up about their move away from the BRF.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/111442...reta-thunberg/

Interesting read. And kind of shuts down this notion this is all on Meghan. Clearly not.
Wow....I feel sorry for Harry. I do love pranks, but not ones like this. They got him to open up and really they likely just made fun of him.

It sounds like leaving has been a hard thing for him.....it's not like he's just up and left and doesn't care about the life or family he's left behind.

Old 03-10-2020, 08:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
So [now] you're happy to believe a Tabloid ?
Old 03-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

If this a truthful representation of the conversation, it really gives off an 'us against the world'-vibe; and, unfortunately, it seems 'the world' includes his own family. Because 'they are in sink' with the younger generation (those under 35) and the rest of the world/family isn't.

I do think they really want to do good but hope they don't overestimate their importance because that could either be a great disappointment or ruin what they intend to do (as that shouldn't be about THEM changing the world but just about changing the world - with sufficient respect for what his family represents).
Old 03-10-2020, 08:57 PM
Courtier

There is audio on Youtube:

(it's from the climate change portion of the apparent call, not the BRF bits)

It certainly sounds like him.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Without commenting on what Harry supposedly said and what that says about him and Meghan I'd just like to say that I find it very odd for someone in his position and current situation to open up and be so honest to a 17-year old that I believe he's never even met. He should be more careful.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:14 PM
Nobility

Surely he could not be this easily fooled? He gets a call from a teenage celebrity and her father but, rather than carry on a conversation with him, they ask him a series of invasive interview-style questions unrelated to their own line of advocacy?

Something is not as it seems.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
So [now] you're happy to believe a Tabloid ?
Do I believe he got pranked? It’s believable. He wouldn’t be the first royal to be. They claim to have audio. No clue if true but if it is then those are his own words and not “sources say” that change constantly. So folks can listen and judge if it’s him or not for themselves. These prankers are pretty notorious and have got a few policitians.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:35 PM
Royal Highness

I find this hard to believe. How on earth would it even happen? What, “Greta” or a fake representative somehow gets the landline number of Harry’s temporary residence, calls the house, and Harry talks to her? Twice? How would this happen? WHY would he go on like this to a 17 year old? Not just the bit about activism and climate change, but answering completely irrelevant questions about his family? It all sounds too weird.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
'Prince Harry' tells prank 17 year old 'Greta Thunberg' that “small steps or giving out prizes doesn’t make any difference these days”
If this is even true: Invictus games hands out awards. They handed out awards at their most recent event at Endeavour Awards; is this all pointless to him? A bit hypocritical of him to say this when he is involved organizations that hands out awards/prizes.

Either true or I smell a lawsuit coming from The Sussexes coming soon.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not only a tabloid story, but the source of the audio are Russian hackers

Yeah I totally get how people think this is reliable and believable. I mean if there is anything more trust worthy then tabloids, its Russian hackers.

Sorry but Harry is not about to talk like this to Greta over the phone, or who he thinks was her. He may not be a genius but this is OTT. How would Russian hackers pretend to be Greta? With voice altering software. I wonder how the audio sounds like Harry?? The same way.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:08 AM
Nobility

For sure these two well known bad boys Vladimir and Alexey, alias Vovan and Lexus deceived Harry. They have been deceiving "pranking" much bigger fish than Harry for years and they are very good. Below is an article describing just how bad they have been with their so called pranks.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2016/...ponents-a52163

I think this call was vetted somehow prior to going through to Harry so he believed it was Greta and her father.

Greta Thunberg is a remarkable 17y/o nominated for a Nobel Prize, she spoke at the UN headquarters in NYC last year accelerating the conversation on climate change and has world wide support from the likes of Sir Richard Attenborough. And both of her parents have been 100% supportive.

An example of a "prank" ha,ha,ha, NOT! that went horribly wrong: The Duchess of Cambridge was in a London hospital for severe nausea in her first trimester of pregnancy with George, diagnosed with "hyperemesis gravidarum". Some radio DJ's from Australia called into the London hospital announcing it was the Queen wishing to speak with Catherine. The nurse who took the call believed it was the Queen and put the call through. Once it was revealed to be a prank, the nurse was humiliated, went home and commited suicide. I don't care for pranks!
Old 03-11-2020, 12:22 AM
Commoner

If it's true, can he sue them?
(considering it was said that even HM had been pranked and this is BP we're talking about).
Old 03-11-2020, 12:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
For sure these two well known bad boys Vladimir and Alexey, alias Vovan and Lexus deceived Harry. They have been deceiving "pranking" much bigger fish than Harry for years and they are very good. Below is an article describing just how bad they have been with their so called pranks.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2016/...ponents-a52163

I think this call was vetted somehow prior to going through to Harry so he believed it was Greta and her father.

Greta Thunberg is a remarkable 17y/o nominated for a Nobel Prize, she spoke at the UN headquarters in NYC last year accelerating the conversation on climate change and has world wide support from the likes of Sir Richard Attenborough. And both of her parents have been 100% supportive.

An example of a "prank" ha,ha,ha, NOT! that went horribly wrong: The Duchess of Cambridge was in a London hospital for severe nausea in her first trimester of pregnancy with George, diagnosed with "hyperemesis gravidarum". Some radio DJ's from Australia called into the London hospital announcing it was the Queen wishing to speak with Catherine. The nurse who took the call believed it was the Queen and put the call through. Once it was revealed to be a prank, the nurse was humiliated, went home and commited suicide. I don't care for pranks!
Oh my goodness, I remember that........

I do love pranks, but like I said above, not when it's designed to truly humiliate someone.

Does his saying he's "separate" from his family mean emotionally in the sense that he's got a different view of how he wants to live his life?
Old 03-11-2020, 03:53 AM
Nobility

I hate silly pranks like that. It's just a supposedly grown-up version of people who play nasty tricks at school and then act as if the victim's in the wrong for not laughing. But, even if Harry thought he was genuinely speaking to Greta Thunberg, why was he telling her a load of personal stuff? Regardless of whether people do or don't agree with her policies, she's a complete stranger to him.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:21 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
If it's true, can he sue them?
(considering it was said that even HM had been pranked and this is BP we're talking about).
Aren't they in Russia? Laws do not seem to matter much there.

Is it certain it is the DoS? With AI and all these Russian troll farms it is hard to tell what is real and what is not these days.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:35 AM
Royal Highness

Im not into pranks like this, I think its bad taste weather its true or not.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:03 AM
Royal Highness

I imagine there are eyes rolling inside the royal family and words to the affect of "... this is why they should have stayed inside the fold."

Too many opportunities to be hacked and taken advantage of when you are outside of the family.

JMHO
Old 03-11-2020, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

"Even when the chat became bizarre, when fake 'Greta' talks about an arranged marriage to Prince George and moving penguins to the North Pole, Harry doesn't appear concerned"

Oh 'dearie me'...
Old 03-11-2020, 05:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Without commenting on what Harry supposedly said and what that says about him and Meghan I'd just like to say that I find it very odd for someone in his position and current situation to open up and be so honest to a 17-year old that I believe he's never even met. He should be more careful.
Unbelievable, right?
In the context of everything that has happened before with the Sussex couple and the media.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry