The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 03:05 PM
Royal Highness

I didn't see the need to bring Archie to this trip prior to the coronavirus outbreak; but I wouldn't take the chance with my baby if that is the reason.

In the US there are now 74 cases of coronavirus and one fatality that happened this weekend. Two cases happened where there was no contact with an infected person. This is scary and I understand if the Sussexes want to mitigate Archie's travel for his safety.

Old 03-01-2020, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I dont think it matters if they bring him or not. I think people are still struggling with the whole au revoir thing to be honest. But it is what it is.

I am concentrating on the fact it is the last time we will see Harry in public with the royal family. I mean I am still struggling to see how this will work. Bea's wedding. Yes I guess it is personal but the official Birthday of the Queen. The VE day celebrations. Archie doesn't come into it for me. He is a private citizen ala the Phillip's and Tindall girls.
Last time we will see Harry as a working royals in public with his family. There is a difference. We were the private family at events during the year. We see them at Ascot and on the balcony during Trooping. No reason if Harry and Meghan are visiting that they wonít be seen then as well or private like polo when back.

For you the focus may only be on him. But many do care about Archie. He is not in a similar position to the Tindalls and Philipps girls. His parents were working royals. And will be grandson of the king. That means more interest.

In reality everyone knows Archie wouldnít attend events anyways. That he would be at home with his nanny. But there is still thought naturally to his family and if they will get to spend time with him.

Old 03-01-2020, 03:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
True.
But it can depend on the angling of the article. Not even the Times is above that anymore, sadly enough.
The second plausible explanation, from a detached point of view and based on resent events, is that there is indeed currently a complete breakdown in the personal relation between H&M and the main characters at least in the BRF.
You don't have to be royal for that to happen. I think most families have examples of that.
But I won't let go of Corona just yet. See responses below.
True.....Iíve see that on occasion with The NY Times..

I agree with all this.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it is also just as simple as that they will be there for a short time, mostly working, and they don't want to interrupt his routine. It is a business trip.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I think it is also just as simple as that they will be there for a short time, mostly working, and they don't want to interrupt his routine. It is a business trip.
same reason they didn't bring him during their trip in January.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

Quote:

They took him on their short business trip to South Africa. They were willing to disrupt his routine for that.

That said, we have no idea whether or not theyíre bringing him. Or why/why not.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Last time we will see Harry as a working royals in public with his family. There is a difference. We were the private family at events during the year. We see them at Ascot and on the balcony during Trooping. No reason if Harry and Meghan are visiting that they wonít be seen then as well or private like polo when back.

For you the focus may only be on him. But many do care about Archie. He is not in a similar position to the Tindalls and Philipps girls. His parents were working royals. And will be grandson of the king. That means more interest.

In reality everyone knows Archie wouldnít attend events anyways. That he would be at home with his nanny. But there is still thought naturally to his family and if they will get to spend time with him.
He more than likely wouldn't see them anyway. They are working. The Cambridges are at school. Like I said they all seem to meet for Easter.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Could be, but if they ever do engagements in the future, they will also on,y be there a short time, so when would there be time to visit with family and bring Archie? Of course if they visit during, say, Trooping the Colour, they wouldnít be working, so Archieís routine would stay the same...
Old 03-01-2020, 05:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
They took him on their short business trip to South Africa. They were willing to disrupt his routine for that.

That said, we have no idea whether or not they’re bringing him. Or why/why not.
A lot changes for a baby in 5-6 months (Sep to Mar); based on what Meghan said about her schedule it sounded like he was still breastfeeding at that time and they were gone for what 10 days (I doubt Meghan had that much of a back up supply). As he is closing in on a year he is probably in the weaning process and also has solid foods so they have more flexibility.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

That said, we have no idea whether or not they’re bringing him. Or why/why not.
Archie also was always with Meghan. She had days off in between, remember? Around the same amount of this trip. The tour was longer. Hardly short in comparison. He was also younger. Big difference between 4 months and 10 months. It’s not really the same thing.

We have no clue if he will be joining them or not but I won’t be surprised either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Could be, but if they ever do engagements in the future, they will also on,y be there a short time, so when would there be time to visit with family and bring Archie? Of course if they visit during, say, Trooping the Colour, they wouldn’t be working, so Archie’s routine would stay the same...
I would assume for those trips at most they doing one engagement and it’s family oriented. Also they likely would plan to be there longer. Either way it’s not in and out with a bunch of engagements in between.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:

That said, we have no idea whether or not theyíre bringing him. Or why/why not.

Both Diana and Sarah had concerns that the BRF institution would commandeer their children if they themselves left the country or misbehaved. These thoughts are in both of their books, and the memoirs of those around them.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

The way things are looking these events may very well be cancelled in the days ahead.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I would assume for those trips at most they doing one engagement and itís family oriented. Also they likely would plan to be there longer. Either way itís not in and out with a bunch of engagements in between.
True...and arenít Charles/Camilla and William/Kate going on tours? I want to be fair - if H and M are planning to return for family stuff - even if not all the time - then they canít be expected to bring Archie every time, at least not while heís still so young. I do think it would be a good idea for them to confirm that they will be back for Trooping the Colour, with Archie; that would calm things down
Old 03-01-2020, 11:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
A lot changes for a baby in 5-6 months (Sep to Mar); based on what Meghan said about her schedule it sounded like he was still breastfeeding at that time and they were gone for what 10 days (I doubt Meghan had that much of a back up supply). As he is closing in on a year he is probably in the weaning process and also has solid foods so they have more flexibility.
This is what makes the most sense to me. If we just stop and use common sense and think things through, logic tells us a reasonable explanation such as this one.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-02-2020, 04:28 AM
Nobility

The stories get increasingly and gloriously bonkers! Both the Mail and the Express are reporting today that Meghan could appear in a superhero film!
Old 03-02-2020, 04:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think my reality check just bounced.

Seriously though, what it tells me is that there isn't any actual real news to follow or to keep up with at this time. Can use the break actually. Think I'll go tune into some informative educational TV such as "ALF".
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-02-2020, 08:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
The stories get increasingly and gloriously bonkers! Both the Mail and the Express are reporting today that Meghan could appear in a superhero film!
I saw an article on that in the NY Post yesterday, saying she wants to resume her acting career and thinks being in an ensemble superhero film would be a good start. Itís obvious she does want to act again, so the story makes sense
Old 03-02-2020, 08:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I saw an article on that in the NY Post yesterday, saying she wants to resume her acting career and thinks being in an ensemble superhero film would be a good start. Itís obvious she does want to act again, so the story makes sense
Obvious from what? Other than the documentary I haven't seen or heard anything that screams film/tv.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't quite see why "its obvious that she wants to act again". What indications are there of this? She's never said anything. There's no evidence of her doing anything like going to an acting class in her new home... or even visitng Hollywood.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah I am also curious what is so "obvious" that Meghan wants back into acting. We haven't seen this woman doing anything to indicated such a thing. Unless I missed something? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry