The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Hardly.. a 'fly by night', [resident in the United Kingdom, for barely eighteen months], her long term effect on an institution hat has endured for nigh on a 1000 years will be zero..
You don't have to be around 20 years to shake things up. It's unfortunate that ppl are still allowing themselves to be driven by the media narrative. She personally has done almost nothing different than other ladies in the BRF... the main difference is that she's not a Brit, she's bi-racial and she dared to say publically she was struggling with things.

The rest of the actions taken (right or wrong) by The Sussexes have been done by them jointly.

LaRae

Old 03-01-2020, 08:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
You don't have to be around 20 years to shake things up. It's unfortunate that ppl are still allowing themselves to be driven by the media narrative. She personally has done almost nothing different than other ladies in the BRF... the main difference is that she's not a Brit, she's bi-racial and she dared to say publically she was struggling with things.

The rest of the actions taken (right or wrong) by The Sussexes have been done by them jointly.

LaRae

There is this old saying I often think of when I read articles containing rumours about Meghan, especially when presented as the truth:

Always remember: rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools and accepted by idiots.

Old 03-01-2020, 08:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
She and Harry (Im starting to believe) never had a real intention of sticking with the job..so they should have married and retired to private life. Or the queen should have only agreed ot the marriage on the condition that they did lead a private life.. because Meghan and Harry himself don't seem to have any real understanding of the job.

All indications by them is that they fully intended to do the job. They talked about doing it, looking forward to jumping in (Meghan) etc. There's nothing indicating they didn't have an understanding (especially Harry) about the job..he's been in the family awhile you know. She was likely caught off guard by some things...knowing them and experiencing them are two separate things.

Due to the situation they found themselves in (do we need to rehash this in every thread?) they decided to go to part time and live some months elsewhere, not allowed so they decided to completely step out. Nothing nefarious ...no master plan to harm the family or the Queen...no plot, no conspiracy. PPL do change their minds about their life direction as things unfold. This is not anything unusual except they are members of the BRF.

LaRae
Old 03-01-2020, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
All indications by them is that they fully intended to do the job. They talked about doing it, looking forward to jumping in (Meghan) etc. There's nothing indicating they didn't have an understanding (especially Harry) about the job..he's been in the family awhile you know. She was likely caught off guard by some things...knowing them and experiencing them are two separate things.

Due to the situation they found themselves in (do we need to rehash this in every thread?) they decided to go to part time and live some months elsewhere, not allowed so they decided to completely step out. Nothing nefarious ...no master plan to harm the family or the Queen...no plot, no conspiracy. PPL do change their minds about their life direction as things unfold. This is not anything unusual except they are members of the BRF.

LaRae
Ok so they intended to do the job.. and then decided that they wanted to work part time.. apparently unaware that that was impossible.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You don't have to be around 20 years to shake things up.
In [say] 400 years, a more instructive timescale, as to 'impact' on an ancient institution, do you seriously imagine Ms Markle's period in the BRF will merit even the teensiest 'footnote' in its annals ? Even Wallis Windsor , whose impact was unquestionably greater, will merit barely a paragraph..
Old 03-01-2020, 08:51 AM
Nobility

General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

Must be a quiet news day at the Mail:

https://twitter.com/antoguerrera/sta...670040064?s=21
Old 03-01-2020, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Ok so they intended to do the job.. and then decided that they wanted to work part time.. apparently unaware that that was impossible.
Working part time was not impossible..as evidenced by it being done by other Royals for years. The issue was (evidently) living elsewhere while doing it.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
In [say] 400 years, a more instructive timescale, as to 'impact' on an ancient institution, do you seriously imagine Ms Markle's period in the BRF will merit even the teensiest 'footnote' in its annals ? Even Wallis Windsor , whose impact was unquestionably greater, will merit barely a paragraph..

The fact she is American and bi-racial will be a noted point in the future. Along with she and Harry deciding to step down and go their own way...that part is as of yet unwritten...who knows what they may yet do that will merit a paragraph?

Wallis being the reason given by the King to abdicate...and known for being a Nazi sympathizer ....already Meghan is head and shoulders above that.

LaRae
Old 03-01-2020, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Working part time was not impossible..as evidenced by it being done by other Royals for years. The issue was (evidently) living elsewhere while doing it.

LaRae
no, other royals did not do what the Sussexes wanted to do. Edward and Sophie had tried to combine business with a little part time royal work but it had proved to be unworkable and they had to give up their businesses and become full time royals. And they were at least basing themselves in the UK. It was going to be impossible for H and Meghan to take on a large scale business commitment, (whatever it is going to prove to be) and to live abroad part of the year, and do part time royal work. They were intended to be full time royals, supporting Charles and William.. and being the main support act once the older royals began to get older and retire or cut back. if they didn't want to undertake that role, they should have said so at the beginning. And they shold have realised that living abroad was going to increase their security costs massively.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
This is the original article, which makes it even more believable as itís the Times.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...trip-pfsmkrpmh

IF itís true, Iím very upset. I feel terrible for the Queen, for Charles, for Philip....I hope itís not true...(I had posted some other thoughts, but I deleted them because I want to think about such extreme comments before I post them)
Actually, I'm not surprised one bit that Archie will remain in Canada and to me, its a wise decision to make at this time especially with the global threat of COVID-19 so rampant. It just makes sense to me that if Archie can stay safe and secure somewhere and not risk any kind of exposure, its the best move for him. I wouldn't take a child on an international flight now unless I absolutely had to.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-01-2020, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
who knows what they may yet do that will merit a paragraph?
In under one Month, they will be private individuals, and anything they 'might achieve' thereafter will be unrelated to the BRF, and [justly] attributed to themselves, and themselves ONLY.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe.. but Im sure the queen's saddened. She didn't see him at Christmas, they didn't bring him back for their few days in January. Now, it looks like it might be ages before he comes back to the UK.... and the queen and Philip are too frail now to travel that far....
Old 03-01-2020, 10:01 AM
Nobility

There's no question as to whom the real Queen is, and it certainly isn't someone who's been married to a prince for 21 months. That's a stupid article, though. Why shouldn't she go to the Met Gala? What would be "revenge" about that? Unless she plans on wearing some ridiculous outfit like Madonna did a few years ago, which I'm sure she doesn't, I don't see what the issue is. She hasn't entered a nunnery: she can go to an event if she wants to.

What a shame if they're not bringing Archie here, though. If they won't bring him here, the Queen and Prince Philip'll never see him again.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
There's no question as to whom the real Queen is, and it certainly isn't someone who's been married to a prince for 21 months. That's a stupid article, though. Why shouldn't she go to the Met Gala? What would be "revenge" about that? Unless she plans on wearing some ridiculous outfit like Madonna did a few years ago, which I'm sure she doesn't, I don't see what the issue is. She hasn't entered a nunnery: she can go to an event if she wants to.

What a shame if they're not bringing Archie here, though. If they won't bring him here, the Queen and Prince Philip'll never see him again.
I thought they did not want to bring him because of the virus thing, and preferred to keep him safe. but its a shame they didn't bring him on their little visit in January when they stayed for 2 days. It might be one of the last chances that the queen has of seeing him.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
This is the original article, which makes it even more believable as it’s the Times.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...trip-pfsmkrpmh

IF it’s true, I’m very upset. I feel terrible for the Queen, for Charles, for Philip....I hope it’s not true...(I had posted some other thoughts, but I deleted them because I want to think about such extreme comments before I post them)
Permit me to be the Devil's advocate on this one and suggest a plausible reason for not to bringing Archie along.

The Corona virus.
While Corona poses no particular risk for an healthy adult, H&M may not wish to take a chance with their only child.
Being locked up inside a metal-tube for hours with other people is a great way to catch something.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:46 AM
Aristocracy

Meghan formerly Royal being used in a feud between two Vogue editors is funny, and sort of sad.

Any royal watchers here that also follow fashion know that the duchess will get lost in the mix when Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Billy Porter, Rihanna, and other megawattage fashion figures take to the red carpet at the Met Gala. If she thinks she will be the center of attention she has miscalculated.

That's why I'm taking that rumor with a bucketful of salt!

Although, if it turns out to be true it is ironic. The theme of this year's gala is "About Time: Fashion and Duration".
Old 03-01-2020, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
"About Time Fashion and Duration"
How fabulous would an appearance at that be ?

The Headlines 'write themselves'..
Old 03-01-2020, 10:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
True, She was just a mistake. She and Harry (Im starting to believe) never had a real intention of sticking with the job..so they should have married and retired to private life. Or the queen should have only agreed ot the marriage on the condition that they did lead a private life.. because Meghan and Harry himself don't seem to have any real understanding of the job.
Meghan is NOT a mistake...what a rude and cruel thing to say about another human being.

What makes you start to believe that? They both seem really good at the 'job' part of being in the BRF. She had three solo projects benefiting British people and 3 successful tours representing the UK & Commonwealth and appeared to really enjoy interacting with people. Harry both pre and post marriage has had even more success. It definitely wasn't the job itself.

It wasn't until Meghan was continually harassed during her pregnancy and their child was referred to as a chimp and no support from the BRF did we even hear of rumblings of them thinking about leaving.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, I'm not surprised one bit that Archie will remain in Canada and to me, its a wise decision to make at this time especially with the global threat of COVID-19 so rampant. It just makes sense to me that if Archie can stay safe and secure somewhere and not risk any kind of exposure, its the best move for him. I wouldn't take a child on an international flight now unless I absolutely had to.
Same. When I realized Meghan wasn't with Harry than I figured the next step was to keep Archie on his routine in Canada. I wouldn't travel with a small child if it was not 100% needed especially right now.

Also Meghan is a mistake? LOL. And people wonder why she wouldn't want to be around people with those kinds of thoughts. Archie a mistake too? Well clearly some think so with the way they speak of him and his parents.

Meghan has been linked to 316568321354 things and each time she *doesn't* show up it is always some new angle. Could she go? Sure. Did they extend an invite? Probably. Will she? I find it highly unlikely but time will tell as with everything in life.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps everyone should go away from the phone/computer for the next 15 minutes and drink a cup of something?
Old 03-01-2020, 11:17 AM
Nobility

I can't see how Harry didn't understand about the job, after being part of the Royal Family for over 30 years. He also understood that Chelsy Davy and Cressida Bonas both ended their relationships with him because they felt that they weren't suited to royal life ... which should have been all the more reason to make sure that Meghan knew exactly what was involved and that she was up for it. But something went wrong somewhere along the line, and we can't know what their original intentions were ... only that it now seems to be an ongoing muddle.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry