Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry was pictured this evening at Edinburgh Waverley station in a black jacket
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-Canada.html

Old 02-25-2020, 04:06 PM
Courtier

He looks so thrilled to be back in Britain – NOT!

Old 02-25-2020, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
I would say he's less than thrilled to arrive in Scotland and have cameras in his face...not sure how that is public interest.

LaRae
Old 02-25-2020, 05:27 PM
Courtier

He must really like that puffer jacket.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
About as pleased to see us, as we are to see him...
Old 02-25-2020, 06:09 PM
Courtier

I've been hugely critical of Harry, but I don't think it's fair to judge him based on photos he took after a long flight......I wouldn't expect him to have a huge smile on his face; he's clearly tired, and who wouldn't be? One of those photos looks like he's trying to block a camera.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Oh for sure. After a such a long flight from Western Canada to Scotland, I'd be grumpy too. Heck with people. I'd want to get where I'm going and call it a day. What is it? 8 hours time difference between Vancouver and Edinburgh? That's gotta be some jet lag for sure

There's no way we can rightly know Harry''s thoughts from pics snapped at an airport.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-25-2020, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

IMO I think that whatever is their status, they will never left alone by paparazzi…. I suppose that the difference will be that they can sue now.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness

General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I've been hugely critical of Harry, but I don't think it's fair to judge him based on photos he took after a long flight......I wouldn't expect him to have a huge smile on his face; he's clearly tired, and who wouldn't be? One of those photos looks like he's trying to block a camera.

My thoughts exactly.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:31 PM
Courtier

I just hope that we’ll get at least a small family reunion...maybe that will inject some good feelings into this story...
Old 02-25-2020, 08:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Most likely if there is any kind of a family get together, it will be kept private and not for public consumption.

I hope the focus is on what they're there to do.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Most likely if there is any kind of a family get together, it will be kept private and not for public consumption.

I hope the focus is on what they're there to do.
I wasn’t really referring to an official get together, more like seeing them together in public. They can do what they set out to do, but for me at least, the worst part of this has been the rifts that have developed, which is why I’d love to see some family moments
Old 02-25-2020, 09:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

I still don't see it happening. To me, if they were to make it a point to be seen as "family" during this time and detract from the main purpose of their engagements, it'd create an illusion and be branded as a "dog and pony show" or a PR stunt for the optics.

Besides, we really don't know if there's dastardly feuds or not.

Old 02-26-2020, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Oh for sure. After a such a long flight from Western Canada to Scotland, I'd be grumpy too. Heck with people. I'd want to get where I'm going and call it a day. What is it? 8 hours time difference between Vancouver and Edinburgh? That's gotta be some jet lag for sure

There's no way we can rightly know Harry''s thoughts from pics snapped at an airport.

Not that it matters, just an FYI, he didn’t fly to Scotland from Canada. He flew into London and got the train to Edinburgh.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks. To me, that would be more tiring and exhausting than a non stop flight. Now we're in the time period where we'll actually get coverage of his day to day engagements and I'm thinking he'll be smiling a bit more and be refreshed.

Old 02-26-2020, 02:27 AM
Nobility

So he's had a long flight and then a long train journey, and the weather's horrible - I think he can be forgiven for not being all smiles! I once flew from Vancouver from London, then London to Manchester, and had to go into work the next day because I didn't get enough annual leave to have the day off - I can safely say that I looked a lot grumpier than that :-) !! I hope they do get some family time and that it goes OK.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I still don't see it happening. To me, if they were to make it a point to be seen as "family" during this time and detract from the main purpose of their engagements, it'd create an illusion and be branded as a "dog and pony show" or a PR stunt for the optics.

Besides, we really don't know if there's dastardly feuds or not.
They'll all have to be together at the Commonwealth Day Service on March 9th.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah I would guess the only time we see they all together is the 9th.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
They just looked like standard airport paparazzi photos to me. Most of the time, the celebrity/royal in question doesn't expect to be photographed and often has a similar expression to Harry.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-28-2020, 06:45 PM
Commoner

I've just read that Canada won't pay for the Sussex familiy security. They have done it for a short time, but not forever.

"Pero esta relación no le ha servido para evitar que el Gobierno canadiense anuncie que no sufragará los gastos de seguridad de la pareja a partir del 31 de marzo, cuando dejarán de ser oficialmente miembros de la Casa Real."
"Canada Government has announced that they won't pay the security of the couple from March 31."

Taken from Vanitatis https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...ophie_2474327/
C

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry