The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 10:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
If it's against the law, then SUE THEM. Not "issue a warning", thus creating MORE press coverage for yourself.

It's honestly that simple.

Tom Cruise went the "Sue them" route and he only ended up looking weirder. I think they should just take the high ground and ignore the media.

On a media topic has everyone seen the Ellen statement where she says she'd love to interview Meghan? I think that means that there's no interview yet.

Old 01-25-2020, 02:31 AM
Nobility

Since I can’t locate any threads about pets, this is an interesting article. It is about them leaving- but what specifically caught my interest was the part about Bogart.
The woman being interviewed is a royal historian and biographer Sally Bedell Smith (a woman who has studied the royal family for nearly 20 years), apperantly her son adopted Bogart litter sibling (now named Otto), the two pup siblings even had play-date in 2013.
She, like many others- myself included, has a major question mark as to why Bogart did not join Meghan in Britain and the weird secrecy around the lack of reason provided as to why he did not.
She wonders, as did I, why now that she is back in Canada she has not taken the steps to reunite with him.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/202...t-royal-expert

Quote:
The big Meghan mystery that remains.

The first tremor of disquiet for me came when she decided to leave her rescue mutt, Bogart, behind in Canada when they got engaged. And the reason I know a little bit more about this is that Bogart has a brother named Otto, and Otto belongs to my son who lives in L.A.… I’m obsessed with the Bogart story because I think it tells a lot. Bogart is a mutt, as is Otto. They were adopted. [Otto and Bogart had one play date, during which Smith’s son said that Meghan was “perfectly nice and loved Bogart.”] Then in November of 2017, she only takes her other dog, Guy, who is a purebred beagle, with her to England. Poor Bogart, who by the way, at the time was only five—which in dog years is exactly the same age as Meghan. He was 35. So unless he was sick, which they didn’t say, he was perfectly capable of flying. He still would be today…. Now she’s back in Canada, and there was a picture of her with Guy and her black lab, and the question is where is Bogart? Why haven’t they been reunited?

I mean, I know Meghan and Harry had a little cottage [in Windsor], but then they went and adopted a big dog, so that sort of doesn’t make sense. But it’s sad. I mean, if you looked at her in her former Instagram, it was flooded with images of her little Guy and Bogart—“Here are my adorable fellows. I just miss them so much when I’m away.” And now Bogart is in Canada and so is she, and where’s Bogart? My son would be willing to adopt him and bring him into the fold with his brother. He can be in Malibu again.

Old 01-25-2020, 03:01 AM
Nobility

OMg what a snub to the New Queen Mum Oprah but not surprising: Megs is planning to give her first interview to Ellen because she feels they are 'kindred spirits and host understands her pain and suffering'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/108139...ands-her-pain/
Old 01-25-2020, 03:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Since I can’t locate any threads about pets, this is an interesting article. It is about them leaving- but what specifically caught my interest was the part about Bogart.
I hope, I understand this right and it is about a dog, who did not made the journey to England... Why?

In England they have animal plagues, but some, which ripple for example Europe, they have not. The most important is rabies (?) or "Tollwut" as we say in Germany.

And they don't want to have these plagues and because of this, the UK has very strict laws about the importation of animals.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
I hope, I understand this right and it is about a dog, who did not made the journey to England... Why?
It was said that the dog was too old to fly overseas and had some health issues - he stayed with Meghan's good friends in Canada. No further information available.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:00 AM
Serene Highness

Sally Bedell Smith is a respectable and thorough royal biographer but she lost me with the dog comments. I don't know why Bogart was left behind, and if I did know why, I may disagree or second-guess Meghan's decision. Regardless she re-homed him and just because she is back in Canada (which is a huge country by the way and she may not be anywhere near Bogart's new home) does not mean that she can or should re-claim Bogart.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

The discussion about Bogart took place a long time ago and it was concluded he was not well enough to travel to the UK. Whatever the reason, let's avoid the snarky/sarcastic comments and move on.

The http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ets-13876.html thread is where we can discuss royal pets generally.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
OMg what a snub to the New Queen Mum Oprah but not surprising: Megs is planning to give her first interview to Ellen because she feels they are 'kindred spirits and host understands her pain and suffering'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/108139...ands-her-pain/
Oh for crying out loud this is nothing more than tabloid gossip. And it clearly states Ellen may have been joking.

Good grief!!
Old 01-25-2020, 11:05 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

A number of off-topic posts taking this thread from 'General News' to a rehash of the "Stepping Back" thread have been removed.

Please keep on topic. Off-topic posts will be removed, and posters found to be repeating this behaviour will be suspended.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

"Not a bad #celebsighting on our flight from #SFO to #SeaTac as Prince Harry and Princess Meghan head up the west coast to Seattle."

https://twitter.com/brad_brezinski/s...705984/photo/2
Old 02-15-2020, 05:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"Not a bad #celebsighting on our flight from #SFO to #SeaTac as Prince Harry and Princess Meghan head up the west coast to Seattle."

https://twitter.com/brad_brezinski/s...705984/photo/2
The corresponding DM article, with different pictures.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ne-Canada.html
Old 02-15-2020, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Daily Mail also has pictures of them arriving in Canada. I guess they went to the airport once they were spotted on their transfer flight in Seattle.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
The Daily Mail also has pictures of them arriving in Canada. I guess they went to the airport once they were spotted on their transfer flight in Seattle.

They look great!
Old 02-19-2020, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry picks up some groceries in Canada
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yal-brand.html
Old 02-20-2020, 04:58 AM
Nobility

British Vogue announces "Forces For Change" event after success of guest issue edited by the Duchess of Sussex.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/sussex...sussex-137920/

"Vogue editor Edward Enniful has taken to Instagram to announce the first Forces For Change event, the ‘Change-Maker Talks’, an evening of ‘intimate discussions’ will be held in March. While it is not known if the Duchess will attend the event, it is scheduled to occur when she and husband Prince Harry will be in London carrying out their final events as senior members of the Royal Family."

"Meghan and Harry are both scheduled to appear at the Mountbatten Festival of Music at Royal Albert Hall in London on the same day as the Vogue event."

I see over on the Sussexes current events thread we have their UK itinerary for March. Perhaps Meghan will also attend the Vogue "Forces for Change" event while in town.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Looks to be an evening event, which clashes with The Mountbatten Festival which begins at 7:30pm.

Would have been a great event for her to attend, shame the two parties didn’t communicate.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Oh for crying out loud this is nothing more than tabloid gossip. And it clearly states Ellen may have been joking.

Good grief!!

Well I mentioned Oprah and Ellen but not sure what thread it was in. It wasn't meant to be snarky - it's what they all do. Borrow houses, get freebies and live like that. They live off rich people like Jeff Bezos and Silicon Valley. It's a symbiotic relationship - the rich get the glamor of being next to a Hollywood celebrity and Hollywood get the wealth of the rich.

In any case I think it would continue on with them like it is now - people will give them freebies to be next to a Duke and Duchess. It's no different than say Angelina Jolie who got to live in one of Bill Gates house rent free.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Looks to be an evening event, which clashes with The Mountbatten Festival which begins at 7:30pm.

Would have been a great event for her to attend, shame the two parties didn’t communicate.
Maybe they did and decided against it for the kickoff. There is gala later in the year that seems more likely for them to attend.

That said his event is at 6pm and the festive is at 7:30pm. It would be tight but she could very well pop in at his before heading over.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
Well I mentioned Oprah and Ellen but not sure what thread it was in. It wasn't meant to be snarky - it's what they all do. Borrow houses, get freebies and live like that. They live off rich people like Jeff Bezos and Silicon Valley. It's a symbiotic relationship - the rich get the glamor of being next to a Hollywood celebrity and Hollywood get the wealth of the rich.

In any case I think it would continue on with them like it is now - people will give them freebies to be next to a Duke and Duchess. It's no different than say Angelina Jolie who got to live in one of Bill Gates house rent free.
I was responding to someone else's post not yours.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Maybe they did and decided against it for the kickoff. There is gala later in the year that seems more likely for them to attend.

That said his event is at 6pm and the festive is at 7:30pm. It would be tight but she could very well pop in at his before heading over.
https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/wh...es-change-2020
That is a tight squeeze, perhaps Meghan might video record a message? I see "Forces for Change" is an event within the WOW - Women of the World multiday festival. But you might be right about waiting until the gala later in the year.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry