The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

This were apparently taken today and Harry is not in any of the pictures. There is a man who looks like her RPO though.

Old 01-14-2020, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This guy?

Photo

I think that might be her protection officer. He’s way shorter than Harry

Old 01-14-2020, 07:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ok yes...I just didn't remember any of them with a beard like that!

LaRae
Old 01-14-2020, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Archie is probably inside the house that the couple have been renting, warm and cosy and with his nanny. Taking that baby into those freezing and snowing conditions would not be a good idea.
She was leaving the island for the mainland. It is odd that she left Archie behind, unless it was a temporary outing .
Old 01-14-2020, 07:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why is it odd she would leave Archie? I did all kinds of stuff without my young children in tow.

LaRae
Old 01-14-2020, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Why is it odd she would leave Archie? I did all kinds of stuff without my young children in tow.

LaRae
Because it could be a long trip and she could not be back for several days (as she was taking a plane to leave town ) ? And she has just come back from the UK after leaving Archie alone with the nanny ( or friends ?) for an extended period of time.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Because it could be a long trip and she could not be back for several days (as she was taking a plane to leave town ) ? And she has just come back from the UK after leaving Archie alone with the nanny ( or friends ?) for an extended period of time.
How many people leave for a few days and don’t take a single bag with them

Anyone in Canadian winters especially this year would happily leave thrif child warm and cozy at home over taking them out in this. That flight would not be pleasant either in this weather. The fact it’s snowing and the amount it is on Vancouver island is not normal at all.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Because it could be a long trip and she could not be back for several days (as she was taking a plane to leave town ) ? And she has just come back from the UK after leaving Archie with the nanny ( or friends ?) for an extended period of time.
It is like a 40 min plane ride into the mainland. It is a seaplane. It was snowing and probably was out running errands or maybe having meeting. Not getting what the big deal was. Is she not allowed to be out and about without her child?
Old 01-14-2020, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Let's move on now please, it's really not worth going round in circles debating the issue of Archie not being with Meghan on the photos.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The discussion about Meghan’s visit to Downtown Eastside Women's Centre, has been moved here.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

A completely different question: now Harry and Meghan are all over the news I notice that the Canadian news anchors tend to pronounce Meghan's name as 'May-ghan', while the British say Me(h)-ghan (with me as in mel/mess). What would the American pronunciation be?
Old 01-15-2020, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought that Prince Harry and Meghan wanted more of a private life. However, how can there be privacy when they are making the headlines so often?
Old 01-15-2020, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
A completely different question: now Harry and Meghan are all over the news I notice that the Canadian news anchors tend to pronounce Meghan's name as 'May-ghan', while the British say Me(h)-ghan (with me as in mel/mess). What would the American pronunciation be?
You hear both, but it's more commonly pronounced in Meh-gan.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

EXCLUSIVE: Beaming Meghan Markle drives herself to Canadian airport in a Land Rover to pick up a friend on the same day that Harry made his first public appearance back in Britain since Megxit bombshell

She's not exactly getting away from the press is she.....
Old 01-17-2020, 03:51 AM
Courtier

They'll pay high prices for any pap photos of her doing the most mundane things, just like they did with Diana. She's never getting away from them but she probably knows that & her wish to step back from full-time royal work wasn't based on "I can't stand being photographed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
I thought that Prince Harry and Meghan wanted more of a private life. However, how can there be privacy when they are making the headlines so often?
Did they say they wanted a more private life? Their statement says they want a more independent life, which isn't the same.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
They'll pay high prices for any pap photos of her doing the most mundane things, just like they did with Diana. She's never getting away from them but she probably knows that & her wish to step back from full-time royal work wasn't based on "I can't stand being photographed".
I think that is right, I just do not believe she wants to be away from the media.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:45 AM
Serene Highness

Nope.

I thought the “agreement” with the press was that the royals would be left alone in their off time. But- since Harry and Meghan have decided to make a change, perhaps the media has too.....
Old 01-17-2020, 11:08 AM
Aristocracy

She knew she would get press coverage picking up someone at the airport. She's from LA--she knows the paps and that they cover the airports. Not odd at all that friends would visit her in her borrowed digs, but she'll make sure she's seen.

Looking forward to the next "accidental" sighting.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Meghan has been seen twice in the two months she has been in Canada. I think that is pretty good all considering the amount of press are currently there.

Good for her on not hiding. Why shouldn't she pick up one of her nearest and dearest?
Old 01-17-2020, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Meghan has been seen twice in the two months she has been in Canada. I think that is pretty good all considering the amount of press are currently there.

Good for her on not hiding. Why shouldn't she pick up one of her nearest and dearest?
Three times, no? Two trips to different charities, and the airport pick up?

Personally, I'm not counting the 6 weeks "they were on a break". For me we've seen her 3 times since she went back to Canada last week.

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry