The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 10:02 AM
Nobility

This is an observation, and I know some of you will come back at me on it..

If the photograph had been placed on the instagram page, or any RF website, or issued through AP, there would have been no reason to use any other version.

By only including organisations/ charities etc it suggests that they did not intend it to be issued to the wider public. But they surely would have realised one of them would forward it on. Would they not have retained more control of the photograph if it had been issued via the AP as well as sent to the organisations.

This has all became rather unfortunate.

Old 12-27-2019, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
This is an observation, and I know some of you will come back at me on it..

If the photograph had been placed on the instagram page, or any RF website, or issued through AP, there would have been no reason to use any other version.

By only including organisations/ charities etc it suggests that they did not intend it to be issued to the wider public. But they surely would have realised one of them would forward it on. Would they not have retained more control of the photograph if it had been issued via the AP as well as sent to the organisations.

This has all became rather unfortunate.
My thought is that H&M planned on using the original photo on their Instagram account closer to the actual date of Christmas. They did post a holiday greeting but it was words on a black background. This is what makes me think it was originally intended to use the photo.

The most important thing in all of this now is that the public is aware that there was an original sent out by H&M and a doctored version that circulated. Its been taken care of and the AP has pulled the doctored version. That's what really matters.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-02-2020, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Off-topic comments have been deleted. As has the circular argument about the Sussexes and their relationship with the media.

Discussions about the media are once again overtaking the thread. It’s the same arguments repeated over and over and the constant focus on the media, is shutting out all other news and discussions. So going forward, please don’t turn every topic into a discussion about the Sussexes and the media/reporters.

Also, please don’t ignore the mod notes.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:39 AM
Nobility

I very much wish this break could have been longer than 6 weeks. As someone who, sad to.say, has struggled in a work environment and had to take time off to reevaluate. The first six weeks barely scratched the surface and it took 3 months for me to be able to return in freelance/contractor sense. And then at 4 days a week. Although, I did a day here and there after two months. There is no replacement for your health and I wish them the best as they return to work now. I hope it is a phased return from them both to enable continued health. And also that they are mindful of the fact that to enable this continued change is needed and a continued construction of coping mechanisms.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

They will return when they are ready. They have been away with close friends and hopefully are refreshed. You can only control what you can control. They closed out 2019 doing just that.

Looking forward to their return to work and to see what they have planned for 2020.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
You can only control what you can control.
Isn't that one of life's great truths.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:29 PM
Courtier

Stuff.co.nz reports that "Kiwi group Make Give Live overwhelmed by orders after Archie wears their hat"
https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/l...ears-their-hat
Old 01-02-2020, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Stuff.co.nz reports that "Kiwi group Make Give Live overwhelmed by orders after Archie wears their hat"
So cute seeing Archie in a gift given to the couple. Royals get gifts for their kids all the time and you always have to wonder if any make it to them.

Lovely tie in to mental health, the charity who makes the hats.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
This is fantastic to see! I so want to order myself one.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Their website calls it "the Archie effect".

https://makegivelive.co.nz
Old 01-02-2020, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
This is fantastic to see! I so want to order myself one.
You and me both! I need a warm winter hat and I love merino wool.

I really had to chuckle to myself though at the thought that even away from the public eye and on a hiatus that was strictly private downtime, H&M found a way to make a difference just by a hat that little Archie wore.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-02-2020, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Archie's UGG booties were gifted to the couple during their New Zealand tour.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Isn't that one of life's great truths.
And sometimes you need control help: an entertaining story about media on Vancouver Island
https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/i...tick-1.4750879
Old 01-02-2020, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Archie's UGG booties were gifted to the couple during their New Zealand tour.
I had thought they were UGGs - nice of the couple to show them in the New Year's photo.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-02-2020, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very cute story. Meghan and Harry were walking a trail with best bud Abigail Spencer when they stopped and helped a couple struggling to take a picture.

Old 01-02-2020, 05:49 PM
Majesty

That is sweet. A surreal encounter. Wonder whether the beagle with them was Guy? And it's good to see that Meghan is catching up with her mates from 'Suits'.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

What a lovely gesture from the Sussexes - they seem like a very down to earth and approachable couple.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-05-2020, 06:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
That is too cute!!
Old 01-06-2020, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that posts relating to the forthcoming visit to Canada House have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2278908 thread.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
And sometimes you need control help: an entertaining story about media on Vancouver Island
So glad this most enjoyable story made it into the forums. I had read this locally and got a real kick out of it. I posted it on their events thread hoping to lift the mood. Glad it received notice over here.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry