The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

That's an adorable photo! It's such a fun age, I'm sure they are all going to enjoy it to the fullest.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Glad to see them again, I miss them extremely !

Old 12-23-2019, 08:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

The card is so cute! I love the relaxed style and Christmasy background!

LaRae
Old 12-24-2019, 12:57 AM
Serene Highness

What a happy, warm picture!! A great treat!!
Old 12-24-2019, 03:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Adorable photo, not a card however.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:02 AM
Royal Highness

Cute picture of Archie and the family photo is fine on social media. It shows a baby allowed to be a baby. Sandringham is so formal and the kids are relegated to a room with a nanny. The Sussexes may have wanted Archie to experience his first Christmas in a less formal setting.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
the kids are relegated to a room with a nanny.
And you know this, how exactly ?
Old 12-24-2019, 08:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Cute picture of Archie and the family photo is fine on social media. It shows a baby allowed to be a baby. Sandringham is so formal and the kids are relegated to a room with a nanny. The Sussexes may have wanted Archie to experience his first Christmas in a less formal setting.

If H&M actually feel that spending a few days with HM and the rest of the family at Christmas will stop Archie being a baby, then perhaps H&M really need to evaluate their relationship with the royal family, and all things royal. Surely Archie is not the first baby to be born to the royal family, and not the last. The others seem to cope quite all right to my knowledge.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

George, Charlotte, Mia and Lena have all spent Christmas away from the queen as well. They have all had the chance at a non formal Christmas. So why are the Sussexes needing to rethink anything?

Yes kids have survived queen Christmas for decades. Does that make it fun? You’d have to ask them. But all the formal clothing changes and black tie meals are more geared towards adults. And unlike the Cambridge’s who have Amner to escape to for some private more child friendly fun, the Sussexes would be in the over crowded main home.

I love the Christmas card. The upside to a Modern Christmas card, doesn’t have to be mailed out weeks ago. Means it can actually have a Christmas feel. Instead of random photos from earlier in the year we get a great photo in front of the Christmas tree.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
George, Charlotte, Mia and Lena have all spent Christmas away from the queen as well. They have all had the chance at a non formal Christmas. So why are the Sussexes needing to rethink anything?

Yes kids have survived queen Christmas for decades. Does that make it fun? You’d have to ask them. But all the formal clothing changes and black tie meals are more geared towards adults. And unlike the Cambridge’s who have Amner to escape to for some private more child friendly fun, the Sussexes would be in the over crowded main home.

I love the Christmas card. The upside to a Modern Christmas card, doesn’t have to be mailed out weeks ago. Means it can actually have a Christmas feel. Instead of random photos from earlier in the year we get a great photo in front of the Christmas tree.
Well if times were good they would have presumably stayed at Amner as they did two years ago. But things are not good and so don't know where they stayed last year.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I’m glad the Sussexes are surrounded by loved ones and positive energy. This is their first Christmas as a family and I wouldn’t want to be around any kind of tension or negativity either.

They hardly the first royals to miss Sandringham. It’s fine. People going overboard tying to make it more. Also Archie is crawling. Too cute.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:55 AM
Commoner

I love the christmas feeling of this card :) finally a christmas tree in the BRF
Very cute Archie in a center stage position.

children being kept aside at the children table for feasts is quite common in aristocracy. They later graduate to the adult table. It may be sometimes better for them as it is less boring.

Nanny maria was there at the queen christmas lunch though it was only a family event.

Sandringham will gather less people so maybe no nanny but who knows?

The story of 5 outfit changing and two mass services has been in the air for so long that it sets a formal tone to the event .
Old 12-24-2019, 10:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes kids have survived queen Christmas for decades. Does that make it fun? You’d have to ask them. But all the formal clothing changes and black tie meals are more geared towards adults.
I have no doubt that over the years, the parents of the children will have worked with the royal household to make it a fun event for the children. Just because there is no information in the public domain and there is little press specualtion about how the children are entertained and kept occupied through the period does not make it less fun!
Old 12-24-2019, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I’m glad the Sussexes are surrounded by loved ones and positive energy. This is their first Christmas as a family and I wouldn’t want to be around any kind of tension or negativity either.

They hardly the first royals to miss Sandringham. It’s fine. People going overboard tying to make it more. Also Archie is crawling. Too cute.
Who are the loved ones they are surrounded by ? As far as I understand, they will spend Christmas away from both Harry’s and Meghan’s family.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:35 AM
Commoner

Obviously their friends no? Doria may have also joined them in Canada
Old 12-24-2019, 10:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJudith View Post
It was announed they are spending Christmas w/Doria already so yes they are with family in Canada. Plus, its clear that Meghan, like many people, has a chosen family she is close to that maybe they have or are spending time with.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJudith View Post
I was expecting them to spend Christmas in LA with Doria. I was actually quite surprised when they showed up alone in Canada.

In any case, it is sad that Harry has chosen to be away from his family at Christmas and that Meghan doesn’t really have close family relatives to celebrate the holidays with ( other than Doria, who might not even be in Canada ).
Old 12-24-2019, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I was expecting them to spend Christmas in LA with Doria. I was actually quite surprised when they showed up alone in Canada.

In any case, it is sad that Harry has chosen to be away from his family at Christmas and that Meghan doesn’t really have close family relatives to celebrate the holidays with ( other than Doria, who might not even be in Canada ).
How, pray tell, do you know they showed up alone?

And your expectations do not equal reality. They never said they would be in LA.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

He isn't away from his family his wife and child are with him and they get to celebrate their first Christmas as a family of 3 together in a low key, less stressful environment. If they were at Sandringham they would barely get to see Archie as he would be sent off to the nursery and their (H/M) days would be structured down to the minute. It also sounds like Doria will be there (planes do go from LA to Canada) so she will get to spend Christmas with her only child/grandchild after missing the last 2. The family also gets to catch up with close friends (who sometimes are bigger supporters than family).

Just let them enjoy their holidays and you enjoy yours.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:19 AM
Nobility

Joyous photo!

If they're in Toronto there's no white Christmas in the forecast Not that everyone like snow of course!

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry