The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know where they are , but they have to return to the UK and afrer their 4-5 weeks holidays , and cancel their private Chrismas because of Prince Philip 's 'Hospitalization ?

Old 12-20-2019, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I don't know where they are , but they have to return to the UK and afrer their 4-5 weeks holidays , and cancel their private Chrismas because of Prince Philip's 'Hospitalization ?
Why would they have to cancel their holiday plans? Prince Philip has been hospitalized as a precautionary measure for a pre-existing condition, he isn't going into hospice.

Old 12-20-2019, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm one that will state that I believe, honestly, that Harry and Meghan deserve the break that they're taking now for 6 weeks. This is a couple that jumped feet first into full time royal work right after their wedding, made serious inroads into specific roles and had their first child. I see this hiatus as a delayed "adjustment period".

With everything that is going on with legal cases, a new foundation and perhaps the wish to have a larger family, laying low and relaxing and just enjoying family time for a short while, they'll be regrouped, energized and refreshed to handle whatever 2020 throws at them.

I'm sure they're keeping in close contact with Sandringham and keeping tabs on Philip's health issues and if they're needed, they'll be there. I'm hoping not though and all holiday plans go on as they've been planned.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-20-2019, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

They do not need to return to the UK. The Duke of Edinburgh was taken in as a precaution. The Dukes of Sussex are sure to be informed of everything going on, and if need be, they return to the UK.
But right now you don't have to change your plans.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
I don't know where they are , but they have to return to the UK and afrer their 4-5 weeks holidays , and cancel their private Chrismas because of Prince Philip 's 'Hospitalization ?
On the day her husband is hospitalized in London, the queen still goes to sandringham so really there must be no big deal...
If anyone dare to criticize the sussex on this one, they will just have to say that they are following the Queen's example . lol
Old 12-20-2019, 12:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Good one and so very true!!
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 12-20-2019, 12:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Henry (Santa) has sent a Christmas message to Scottys Little Soldiers;

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/1...917408258?s=21
Old 12-20-2019, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

What a wonderful holiday party and so beautifully planned to be filled with magic, wonder, excitement and a whole lot of sleuthing to find the Queen's jewels! Kudos to these organizations that strive to be there for those children who have lost a parent in service to their crown and country.

Harry, himself, makes a perfect Santa and watching his face in the video, I could tell that he enjoyed every single minute of it. This is clearly something that was done and planned without the limelight element shining on Harry and it would have stayed that way unless the organization "Scotty's Little Soldiers" deemed to share it after the fact.

The holidays are mostly about caring, sharing, love and giving of oneself to others and Harry more than fits into Santa's shiny black boots in this case.

Old 12-20-2019, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Prince Henry (Santa) has sent a Christmas message to Scottys Little Soldiers;

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/1...917408258?s=21
Santa Harry is just amazing. A great thing for him to do.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-20-2019, 01:14 PM
Nobility

I'm sure they're being kept informed and if things take a turn for the "get back now" they'll be here. They aren't the first senior royal couple to take a break and they won't be the last, they're all in a fortunate enough position to do so if necessary.

I honestly don't think it's a sign they want to retire from public life, they have too many irons in the fire for the future, but if it was now is as good a time as any to give it a trial run.

They've done some very good things and made some stupid misteps and other things that could have been handled better in hindsight but over all I think they're an asset to the BRF. Certainly they haven't been the ones who've disgraced it. As for "putting them in their place" well, this year has certainly shown that edicts *aren't* handed down with a cast iron rod from on high and each working member has some latitude to sink or swim.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Santa Harry is just amazing. A great thing for him to do.
LOVE IT! This is why I enjoying following the Sussexes....they are genuine and creative (especially as far as the Firm goes...which is more traditional) and trying hard to spread kindness and joy to others.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:42 PM
Commoner

"put the sussex back into their place"
waouah ... just waouah... and I was thinking that we were in the 21st century and not in Jane Austen's era.

Very sweet message from Harry :) Fun, lively, there is room for different minds in the royal family and I love it that way
Old 12-20-2019, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Queen didn't cancel her own plans, so I doubt Sussexes have to cancel theirs.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Apparently the Sussexes are in Canada now, which is interesting.

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I wonder how long they have been there?
Old 12-20-2019, 05:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I wonder if they were always going to announce where they were or todays events made they decision for them..
Old 12-20-2019, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

How lovely... Six weeks in Canada.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:05 PM
Majesty

We don't know that the little family have been in Canada for the whole six weeks break at all. They may well have been there for only the last fortnight or so. Meghan has lots of friends in Canada and I'm sure they are having a great time over there.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The family of Autumn Phillips is from Canada. Peter and Autumn Phillips were not at the Queen's Christmas lunch.
Are the Dukes of Sussex with Peter and Autumn Phillips?
Old 12-20-2019, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Apparently the Sussexes are in Canada now, which is interesting.

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I wonder how long they have been there?
People suspected the Sussexes were in Canada at the time of US Thanksgiving from a Maple Leaf emoji Meghan used in a message.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
The family of Autumn Phillips is from Canada. Peter and Autumn Phillips were not at the Queen's Christmas lunch.
Are the Dukes of Sussex with Peter and Autumn Phillips?
If the Phillips family is in Canada, they are more likely to be with Autumnís family than the Sussexes.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry