General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is near permanent 'rictus grin' and there is the occasional smile...no-one says she should look as grim as her Husband did, but the contrast between their respective demeanour's was really remarkable..

I do agree. Possibly Meg's been told that royals always put on a smile and wave, no matter how they are feeling.... but I think that being back in the UK has not been easy for Harry. She is OK because its a short trip, and she got a good reception. and she has smiled away a lot.. but he does seem to have been unhappy looking a lot of the time. I remebmer when I first saw Meg - this was when they were just becoming known as a couple.. in the few photos she looked glum. But when she got engaged, she became "always smiling...

You know the thing that made me think of a toddler was the: I was in the army for 10 years. I am more normal than my family think? What more than your brother and cousins and one with actual civilian jobs. More normal than your grandfather who had a great career pre Queendom. More normal than your grandmother who was a trained mechanic in the war. I mean really

He sounds, if true, like a toddler.

What’s strange about the military comment is most of the males in his family were in the military. So how his military career makes him more normal than anyone thinks or anyone else is beyond me. Then there’s the chunk of his family who all work normal jobs. Is he also trying to say his family doesn’t know him? Some things just need to remain private.....

Frankly- Harry’s normal image took a hit for me during the “royal” debacle on their website. Can’t be that normal and be that upset about the use of the word imo.

If this is true- yes- it sounds childish. But- par for the course these days from him and Meghan.

What’s strange about the military comment is most of the males in his family were in the military. So how his military career makes him more normal than anyone thinks or anyone else is beyond me. Then there’s the chunk of his family who all work normal jobs. Is he also trying to say his family doesn’t know him? Some things just need to remain private.....

Frankly- Harry’s normal image took a hit for me during the “royal” debacle on their website. Can’t be that normal and be that upset about the use of the word imo.

If this is true- yes- it sounds childish. But- par for the course these days from him and Meghan.

I’ll add to this...

“...the right decision to be able to protect my son”. From what I ask he is possibly talking about IF it is him. I wouldn’t think security to be an issue in the UK, then what?

The President of the United States "has blood on his hands".

:ohmy:

I do hope this is a hoax. Otherwise this really is beyond the pale.

Yeah. I don’t support Trump, but I’m not comfortable with that statement. If he said it.
That’s an extreme statement to make about an ally. It’s an extreme statement period.

This right here- maybe more than anything else- is why I think they should be denying he said this- if indeed he didn’t say it.

There is near permanent 'rictus grin' and there is the occasional smile...no-one says she should look as grim as her Husband did, but the contrast between their respective demeanour's was really remarkable..

It really was a remarkable contrast. Harry looked about as miserable as I’ve seen him. Meghan looked happy.

I don’t know what to think of it, but it was notable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll add to this...

“...the right decision to be able to protect my son”. From what I ask he is possibly talking about IF it is him. I wouldn’t think security to be an issue in the UK, then what?
I think Harry wants to protect his son from what he views as a very toxic press.

I would be surprised if SR decided to deny it regardless of whether this is true or not. Though the story has some coverage it's nothing on the level that that the sussexes usually get coverage on and with Corona Virus now declared a pandemic and the UK's plans for the virus and the economy dominating the front pages. Whether this story is true or not saying anything about it will only enhance the coverage of the story. From a PR perspective it would be smarter to just let the story become swept up with all the dominating headlines.

No I doubt if Meghan can help Harry if he really is getting very messed up as he seems to be.. He was supposed to be getting professional help with his depression but if all this latest is true, he seems to be worse, not better. And it does seem that marriage to Meghan has "set him off" more than you'd expect. I was surprised last autumn that he seemed so depressed, when he was newly married, to a wife he loves and a new baby... If he was depressed after a bad marriage, that would be understandable. If he's depressed and mixed up, what is causing it? I don't think he looked all that happy durng his time in the UK.. where Meg was smiling away all the time.. he often looked tense...

The couple had quite a quick courtship and some of that time would have been spent planning the wedding, trying to get Meghan acclimated to British/royal life, planning their post marriage royal careers. Then they’re married and soon afterwards the baby comes along. Marriage and a new baby are joyous things but they can really ramp up a household’s stress level, too. If Harry’s presumed mental health issues weren’t being fully managed around this time all the change may have been enough to tip him over into a place where he wasn’t coping too well, (to put it mildly). And if Meghan was coming to the realization that she wasn’t happy with her new life around the same time, well, you can see how things ended up like they did.

I don’t feel sorry for either of them over much of what’s happened, but if this prank turns out to be true I think it’s a very, very cruel thing to do to someone, and also potentially dangerous - the situation with the nurse when Kate was having George being a prime example. To me there’s a difference between commenting on the way that Harry has behaved of his own free will, and baiting him into doing something stupid so that everyone can mock him.

I would be surprised if SR decided to deny it regardless of whether this is true or not. Though the story has some coverage it's nothing on the level that that the sussexes usually get coverage on and with Corona Virus now declared a pandemic and the UK's plans for the virus and the economy dominating the front pages. Whether this story is true or not saying anything about it will only enhance the coverage of the story. From a PR perspective it would be smarter to just let the story become swept up with all the dominating headlines.

While the coronavirus is huge, cnn, Fox, Newsweek, vanity fair, bbc......and on and on are covering this. Oh- and the Trump quote is in some of the headlines. IMO- If they can deny it, they should.

I disagree.
If this is false, given several of the things and allegations (and I am not even close to being a trumpster) spoken in the audios which, as other stated, can he damaging not only to state relationships but whatever little personal relationship Harry still have with his family... Harry is still, until the end of the month a working royal- that is he is still a representative of the The queen and this the state, he is son of the future king.
The couple have association and are friendly with sitting head of states.

This is serious stuff! And if untrue needs to be denied ASAP!

The fact not even BP is willing to say more than “no comment”, the fact SR spoke person has not denied it! After 24 Horus... tells me this is very true and the royal family is trying to figure out a way to deal with f-up by the Sussexes (honestly the family comes it smelling like roses after the bs’s the Sussexes have pulled since January).

Well I think that's unfortunate......I mean, I'd have to watch the video again, but it's no surprise. He may think this is the right thing, but he's clearly going to miss his family, miss the UK, miss the life he's known. He may very well be happy in his new life, but he does seem to be making a personal sacrifice.

MissJersey:

I so often agree with you Betsypaige, not this time...and I’m not trying to get into a nickel and dime here. When I saw some of the pictures, others all around are sitting with a solemn look and there is what I call the mannequin smile—I don’t think it’s nerves, I think she is always “on”. What did surprise me, was the pic in the car afterwards when what seemed to me “she let her guard down”.
Thanks

I just don't know that I want to read anything into her smiling when everyone is solemn - that could just be her. However, if she's so happy about leaving and Harry is not, that's an issue. I mean, it's ok if he's conflicted, but not if he's miserable.

Last edited:
I’ll add to this...

he probably means that Meghan has been attacked by the tabloids and he's expecting the same for Archie.. so its protecting his wife and son

he probably means that Meghan has been attacked by the tabloids and he's expecting the same for Archie.. so its protecting his wife and son
Yes, and he blames the media for his mother's death.

After reading the transcript, I believe Harry was saying that his opinions or way of thinking are completely separate from the rest of the family. I think it was said in that context, not in the context of physical or relationship distance.

Of course, the implication would be that the rest of the family are not as enlightened as himself and Meghan.

I mean was he wrong? Little one was all of a few days old when he was likened to a damn chimp. I don't think I have seen any of the other little ones treated like that. I am sure it was just the beginning. They do what they do.

Yes, and he blames the media for his mother's death.

Im not sure how he thinks moving to Canada will protect M or Archie form media intrusion or negative coverage...

If this a truthful representation of the conversation, it really gives off an 'us against the world'-vibe; and, unfortunately, it seems 'the world' includes his own family. Because 'they are in sink' with the younger generation (those under 35) and the rest of the world/family isn't.

I do think they really want to do good but hope they don't overestimate their importance because that could either be a great disappointment or ruin what they intend to do (as that shouldn't be about THEM changing the world but just about changing the world - with sufficient respect for what his family represents).

Excellent post. Really get the feeling that Meagan has never understood, or cared to understand, the family she married into. And I think you are right to to wonder about them overestimating their importance. Don’t think this will end well for these two.

Personally I'm over feeling sorry for Harry , maybe he needs to try a different approach to the therapy he has said, he has experienced over the year's . As has been posted before Meghan cannot provide the cure , she can only support Harry on his journey to a better mental state . He needs to stop basing his perception on how he / Meghan are viewed on the comments sections of certain tabloid's . During her time on Suit's Meghan even received death threat's online based on the actions of her fictional character !! She was mature enough to move past that, I hope she can pass on that wisdom to Harry . I am feeling more concerned about Greta Thunberg , a young lady who has to a large extent, learnt to deal with her own mental issues by focusing her energies on a global problem . Having her work " hijacked "by these pranksters is appalling .

Very good point about Greta Thunberg.

Recording people and publicizing what they thought were private conversations is outrageous. Everyone has the right to privacy. I know there are people who claim to believe that no one should do or say anything in private that they wouldn't want on the front page of the newspaper - and I will believe them: when they start posting all their private conversations on the internet.

With respect to the Commonwealth service, the contrast between Meghan's demeanor and virtually everyone else was noteworthy. She was beaming the whole time and I thought her wave to Catherine was odd - a smile, "hello" and nod would have done it. I tend to think she was trying to hard, but I thought she came across as insincere instead. I hope she and Harry find a comfortable and happy balance.

I mean was he wrong? Little one was all of a few days old when he was likened to a damn chimp. I don't think I have seen any of the other little ones treated like that. I am sure it was just the beginning. They do what they do.

That was beyond disgusting Aco, I agree, but moving unfortunately won’t bring the silence....jmo

Recording people and publicizing what they thought were private conversations is outrageous. Everyone has the right to privacy. I know there are people who claim to believe that no one should do or say anything in private that they wouldn't want on the front page of the newspaper - and I will believe them: when they start posting all their private conversations on the internet.

With respect to the Commonwealth service, the contrast between Meghan's demeanor and virtually everyone else was noteworthy. She was beaming the whole time and I thought her wave to Catherine was odd - a smile, "hello" and nod would have done it. I tend to think she was trying to hard, but I thought she came across as insincere instead. I hope she and Harry find a comfortable and happy balance.

Obviously the blame is wth the pranksters but this was a conversation with someone H did not even know.. that he said way too much to. If it had been a private conversation with an old pal and he talked about politics it would be understandable. and there have been all these scandals before, the queen, K's hospital, phone hacking. Surely Harry would know to be careful?
I think Meghan was uncomfortable and tried ot hide it by a lot of smiling.. and Hrry was also uncomfortable but it showed...

Obviously the blame is wth the pranksters but this was a conversation with someone H did not even know.. that he said way too much to. If it had been a private conversation with an old pal and he talked about politics it would be understandable. and there have been all these scandals before, the queen, K's hospital, phone hacking. Surely Harry would know to be careful?

I see your point, but I believe that privacy is a basic human right. Even if he didn't know her, I think he should be able to let down his guard and speak frankly, without having to worry about the conversation going viral. It must be so stressful to always have to assume that you are being recorded.

When I read your post wyevale , I said to myself “that’s a fact”, she always has a mannequin smile—but she’s no dummy, imo, she knows exactly what she’s doing.

Your and wyevale's viewpoints are at-a-distance observations. If none of us have ever met or intimately interacted with Meghan and/or with Harry, how we perceive them is simply our own perceptions largely based on who we are and from what vantage point we are making judgments and pronouncements.

We are all only sharing what we personally think and feel, which does not make our opinions reality.

One could just as easily say they detected sadness behind Meghan's smile, or that her smiling hid some nerves, but that's how she's learned to deal with upsetting challenges, i.e., trying to remain calm and upbeat.

As we know, normally with Harry, he doesn't hide his emotions. What we see is what we get. ?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03/05/19/25593338-8079797-image-a-155_1583437059759.jpg

... I just don't know that I want to read anything into her smiling when everyone is solemn - that could just be her. However, if she's so happy about leaving and Harry is not, that's an issue. I mean, it's ok if he's conflicted, but not if he's miserable.

During their QCT appearance at BP prior to Monday, Harry looked positively overjoyed:

"If this is what unhappiness looks like, then sign me up."

Yes, and it's also possible sitting in Westminster Abbey reminded him of his mother's funeral.

Or it could be he was thinking about that being the last time he would be participating in an event as a Senior Royal.

Harry has been in Westminster Abbey numerous times since September 6, 1997. I would hope that venue wouldn’t cause flashbacks after 22 1/2 years.

Or it could be he was thinking about that being the last time he would be participating in an event as a Senior Royal.

Harry has been in Westminster Abbey numerous times since September 6, 1997. I would hope that venue wouldn’t cause flashbacks after 22 1/2 years.
True but cameras still give him flashbacks.

Your and wyevale's viewpoints are at-a-distance observations. If none of us have ever met or intimately interacted with Meghan and/or with Harry, how we perceive them is simply our own perceptions largely based on who we are and from what vantage point we are making judgments and pronouncements.

We are all only sharing what we personally think and feel, which does not make our opinions reality.

One could just as easily say they detected sadness behind Meghan's smile, or that her smiling hid some nerves, but that's how she's learned to deal with upsetting challenges, i.e., trying to remain calm and upbeat.

As we know, normally with Harry, he doesn't hide his emotions. What we see is what we get. ?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03/05/19/25593338-8079797-image-a-155_1583437059759.jpg

[...]

I respect the differences of ALL on this forum and have said so many times. Straight up MaiaMia, my opinion is MY reality [...]

Know too, I’ll take your own words from your first paragraph into consideration when you yourself opine on the forum.

[...] we joined this forum to share opinions about the Royal Family that we all enjoy.

[...]

Harry is starting to sound very paranoid - I am concerned that he is constantly saying he is doing it to protect his wife and son. Am I reading it correctly that is starting to sound like he is protecting them from the firm more then from Press intrusion. Personally I believe that it is him - if it wasn't there would have been an outright denial by now.
And just for the record - there is no such thing as normal. in any family, in any situation. I find his I was in the army for 10 years laughable. How doe he think created him normal - as we know this is a normal situation in everyone's life. I am glad he thinks his normal - now he can stop moaning about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom