The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 07:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The Fail never fails to use Meghan for target practice and attack the Sussexes. They never lose the opportunity of featuring them in articles every day however.

So the royals never take 'arty' photographs, then? Funny how decades ago I remember a certain photo of Princess Margaret sitting in a bubble bath and wearing her tiara! Taken by Lord Snowden and accompanied at the time it came out by the sounds of gasps of horror and fainting old ladies clasping their pearls.

What is considered 'arty' and 'celebrity' is indeed subjective. But Meghan will get the blame for it as far as the tabloids and others are concerned!

Not to mention the photos that were made of Diana. Wasn’t she accused of being “too celebrity”?

Old 06-18-2019, 07:49 AM
Courtier

most people liked the Sussex fathers day picture on IG. They got 2Million likes on IG.

I also liked that picture very much. It is all about Father and Son ...

Old 06-18-2019, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

So only celebrities can be artsy now? Ok.... And do people not realize it was about Father's Day, and NOT Archie?

As for the entitlement, especially DM, feel they have in regard to this baby is odd. Lack of access to royal children has been complained about, and it's a fine balance for the parents to strike. We've actually gotten more photos of Archie compared to other children in BRF thanks to Mother's Day and Father's Day being so soon after his birth, and yet it's still complain complain and more complain. And it's the added "show us the baby!" attitude that's troubling. The stumping of foot about show us all or don't show anything is rather amusing though. There is the option of not looking.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:54 AM
Nobility

Could I ask why it is only the Daily Mail that gets attacked on these forums, I agree they do lots of stories re Meghan but so do other papers and magazines. Just asking
Old 06-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Could I ask why it is only the Daily Mail that gets attacked on these forums, I agree they do lots of stories re Meghan but so do other papers and magazines. Just asking
Probably basically they are extra nasty and have had to issue many retractions to stories about her. And most recently had to fork up money for spreading lies via their paper. It’s what they do.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
my problem lies primarily with the people who comment under Mail articles about Meghan and Harry.

A few days ago two white supremacist were given prison sentence for calling Harry a ''race traitor''. A disturbing number of people think they were merely expressing their opinion. ''Free speech is dead in this country''...

If these guys threathened the Cambridges, Daily mail readers would ask for public hanging.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by solinka View Post
If these guys threathened the Cambridges, Daily mail readers would ask for public hanging.
You should try having a look at the comments under the Cambridge articles. They're equally vile and this is nothing new. All royals get attacked for something - Airmile Andy, Tampongate for Charles and Camilla, The Duchess of Pork, Lazy Beatrice, The doors to manual Middletons, Harry during his wild days, Princess Pushy, Work shy William, The Queen as the cold distant failure as a mother etc...
This, of course, doesn't mean that it's fair game to go after Meghan, but to say that she's the only one getting attacked isn't the truth.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:23 AM
Commoner

Right, except noone called for William to be killed for marrying Kate and no radio broadcaster felt the urge to post a heinous image regarding the birth of their first child. All public figures are criticised, the difference is in degrees and the kind of things that are said and insinuated
Old 06-20-2019, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHat View Post
Right, except noone called for William to be killed for marrying Kate and no radio broadcaster felt the urge to post a heinous image regarding the birth of their first child. All public figures are criticised, the difference is in degrees and the kind of things that are said and insinuated
We've seen cartoon strips of the Royal family being led to the guillotine, the still ongoing tabloid rumour about The Queen and Prince Philip being responsible for the car accident that killed Diana, Harry being the son of James Hewitt. All of them has had horrible rumours and threats made about/to them. Singling one out doesn't make anything better and only adds to the narrative that has caused all the crap we've seen since the wedding last year.
What Meghan is going through at the moment will pass in due time like it did for the others. This doesn't mean that it should be accepted but there should also the realisation that this is the tabloids and some morons on social media talking to generate clicks and make money. The general population of the UK seems highly favourable of Meghan with huge crowds at her engagements and a 30% (I think) approval rate.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by solinka View Post
my problem lies primarily with the people who comment under Mail articles about Meghan and Harry.

A few days ago two white supremacist were given prison sentence for calling Harry a ''race traitor''. A disturbing number of people think they were merely expressing their opinion. ''Free speech is dead in this country''...

I do not think you are fair in lumping all DM readers with people who post nasty comments on line.

Also the inference that the Cambridges would be treated differently is making accusations against all DM readers.
As other posters have said on here, they have all been on the receiving end at some point, although I do agree some of the comments 're Meghan have been particularly nasty and unpleasant and probably criminal in some cases.
But I also feel that on this forum if any criticism of Meghan is logged posters are subjected to
comments that we are treating Meghan differently.
No we are not, she just happens to be main topic of the moment.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let's steer clear of discussing the Daily Mail's comment section. Let's also move on from comparing how royals are treated in the media. Further comments will be deleted.

Also please remember this earlier mod note from one of the other Sussex threads.

Quote:
...It would be useful if we could avoid derailing threads with discussions about the whys and wherefores of so-called "fan and haters" and what they do or don't say. It is irritating and rather boring for those wishing to read and enjoy the discussion which should be solely about the topic of the thread.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:55 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about the yet-to-be-announced foundation of the Sussexes have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ies-46316.html. Once formal information is released, a specific thread will be created. Until then, the 'Future Duties and Roles' thread is most appropriate.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:31 AM
Nobility

... the fine latest hit job of the BBC

BBC comedy portrays Meghan Markle as ‘trailer trash’ American who threatens to knife Kate Middleton

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...can-threatens/
No there is no racial undertones, this is just satire[/QUOTE]
Old 06-22-2019, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post

Case in point, the fine latest hit job of the BBC

BBC comedy portrays Meghan Markle as ‘trailer trash’ American who threatens to knife Kate Middleton

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...can-threatens/
No there is no racial undertones, this is just satire

And, in the past, the BBC portrayed Kate as a modern Lady MacBeth who wanted to backstab Charles and Camilla to steal the throne. So nothing out of the ordinary here.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:01 AM
Royal Highness

The latest piece of media garbage on Meghan courtesy of the BBC

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mments-7171697

People apparently are up in arms over this and rightful so. What struck me is the term trailer trash. That term doesn't apply to African Americans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer_trash

This show took a swipe at Meghan's paternal family indirectly. Their behavior is such that Meghan has to be that way too. BBC is claiming it's a lampoon but it's not being received as such. I wonder if pressure is going to be brought to bear to pull this show.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
pressure is going to be brought to bear to pull this show.
I regret to tell you the BBC is immune from ALL pressure.. even from its own Licence payers.. it is held in widespread contempt by a large [and ever expanding] section of the society it claims to serve.. it really is a 'law unto itself' these days..
Old 06-24-2019, 01:41 AM
Majesty

I'm very glad to see a defence of Meghan after all the attacks, which are very unfair and continue. I think the article was very informative.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I regret to tell you the BBC is immune from ALL pressure.. even from its own Licence payers.. it is held in widespread contempt by a large [and ever expanding] section of the society it claims to serve.. it really is a 'law unto itself' these days..

The president of BBC America (which distributes BBC TV and ITV content in the US and Canada) has been just named today the new CEO of Warner Bros, which is the second largest Hollywood movie/TV studio after what is now the giant combined Disney/Fox/Pixar/Marvel/LucasFilm operation. So the media tycoons in the US seem to think that at least something in the BBC is OK.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:54 AM
Majesty

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oing-deal.html

Richard Kay's piece about whether H&M are keeping up with their side of the bargain.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

MBruno

See what I mean ? The headline says "Duke and Duchess of Sussex's home renovated with £2.4m taxpayers' money"

The Crown paid £343.5m in tax and got £82m back to fund the monarchy and the £2.4m came out of that

If I were Boris, I'd seriously look at cancelling the BBC's Royal Charter...

https://t.co/MWrRpZmdHc

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry