General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the need to bring Archie to this trip prior to the coronavirus outbreak; but I wouldn't take the chance with my baby if that is the reason.

In the US there are now 74 cases of coronavirus and one fatality that happened this weekend. Two cases happened where there was no contact with an infected person. This is scary and I understand if the Sussexes want to mitigate Archie's travel for his safety.

I dont think it matters if they bring him or not. I think people are still struggling with the whole au revoir thing to be honest. But it is what it is.

I am concentrating on the fact it is the last time we will see Harry in public with the royal family. I mean I am still struggling to see how this will work. Bea's wedding. Yes I guess it is personal but the official Birthday of the Queen. The VE day celebrations. Archie doesn't come into it for me. He is a private citizen ala the Phillip's and Tindall girls.

Last time we will see Harry as a working royals in public with his family. There is a difference. We were the private family at events during the year. We see them at Ascot and on the balcony during Trooping. No reason if Harry and Meghan are visiting that they won’t be seen then as well or private like polo when back.

For you the focus may only be on him. But many do care about Archie. He is not in a similar position to the Tindalls and Philipps girls. His parents were working royals. And will be grandson of the king. That means more interest.

In reality everyone knows Archie wouldn’t attend events anyways. That he would be at home with his nanny. But there is still thought naturally to his family and if they will get to spend time with him.

True.
But it can depend on the angling of the article. Not even the Times is above that anymore, sadly enough.
The second plausible explanation, from a detached point of view and based on resent events, is that there is indeed currently a complete breakdown in the personal relation between H&M and the main characters at least in the BRF.
You don't have to be royal for that to happen. I think most families have examples of that.
But I won't let go of Corona just yet. See responses below.

True.....I’ve see that on occasion with The NY Times..

I agree with all this.

I think it is also just as simple as that they will be there for a short time, mostly working, and they don't want to interrupt his routine. It is a business trip.

I think it is also just as simple as that they will be there for a short time, mostly working, and they don't want to interrupt his routine. It is a business trip.

same reason they didn't bring him during their trip in January.

General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

They took him on their short business trip to South Africa. They were willing to disrupt his routine for that.

That said, we have no idea whether or not they’re bringing him. Or why/why not.

Last time we will see Harry as a working royals in public with his family. There is a difference. We were the private family at events during the year. We see them at Ascot and on the balcony during Trooping. No reason if Harry and Meghan are visiting that they won’t be seen then as well or private like polo when back.

For you the focus may only be on him. But many do care about Archie. He is not in a similar position to the Tindalls and Philipps girls. His parents were working royals. And will be grandson of the king. That means more interest.

In reality everyone knows Archie wouldn’t attend events anyways. That he would be at home with his nanny. But there is still thought naturally to his family and if they will get to spend time with him.

He more than likely wouldn't see them anyway. They are working. The Cambridges are at school. Like I said they all seem to meet for Easter.

Could be, but if they ever do engagements in the future, they will also on,y be there a short time, so when would there be time to visit with family and bring Archie? Of course if they visit during, say, Trooping the Colour, they wouldn’t be working, so Archie’s routine would stay the same...

They took him on their short business trip to South Africa. They were willing to disrupt his routine for that.

A lot changes for a baby in 5-6 months (Sep to Mar); based on what Meghan said about her schedule it sounded like he was still breastfeeding at that time and they were gone for what 10 days (I doubt Meghan had that much of a back up supply). As he is closing in on a year he is probably in the weaning process and also has solid foods so they have more flexibility.

Archie also was always with Meghan. She had days off in between, remember? Around the same amount of this trip. The tour was longer. Hardly short in comparison. He was also younger. Big difference between 4 months and 10 months. It’s not really the same thing.

We have no clue if he will be joining them or not but I won’t be surprised either way.

Could be, but if they ever do engagements in the future, they will also on,y be there a short time, so when would there be time to visit with family and bring Archie? Of course if they visit during, say, Trooping the Colour, they wouldn’t be working, so Archie’s routine would stay the same...

I would assume for those trips at most they doing one engagement and it’s family oriented. Also they likely would plan to be there longer. Either way it’s not in and out with a bunch of engagements in between.

Last edited:

Both Diana and Sarah had concerns that the BRF institution would commandeer their children if they themselves left the country or misbehaved. These thoughts are in both of their books, and the memoirs of those around them.

The way things are looking these events may very well be cancelled in the days ahead.

I would assume for those trips at most they doing one engagement and it’s family oriented. Also they likely would plan to be there longer. Either way it’s not in and out with a bunch of engagements in between.

True...and aren’t Charles/Camilla and William/Kate going on tours? I want to be fair - if H and M are planning to return for family stuff - even if not all the time - then they can’t be expected to bring Archie every time, at least not while he’s still so young. I do think it would be a good idea for them to confirm that they will be back for Trooping the Colour, with Archie; that would calm things down

A lot changes for a baby in 5-6 months (Sep to Mar); based on what Meghan said about her schedule it sounded like he was still breastfeeding at that time and they were gone for what 10 days (I doubt Meghan had that much of a back up supply). As he is closing in on a year he is probably in the weaning process and also has solid foods so they have more flexibility.

This is what makes the most sense to me. If we just stop and use common sense and think things through, logic tells us a reasonable explanation such as this one. :D

The stories get increasingly and gloriously bonkers! Both the Mail and the Express are reporting today that Meghan could appear in a superhero film!

I think my reality check just bounced. :lol:

Seriously though, what it tells me is that there isn't any actual real news to follow or to keep up with at this time. Can use the break actually. Think I'll go tune into some informative educational TV such as "ALF". :D

Last edited:
The stories get increasingly and gloriously bonkers! Both the Mail and the Express are reporting today that Meghan could appear in a superhero film!

I saw an article on that in the NY Post yesterday, saying she wants to resume her acting career and thinks being in an ensemble superhero film would be a good start. It’s obvious she does want to act again, so the story makes sense

I saw an article on that in the NY Post yesterday, saying she wants to resume her acting career and thinks being in an ensemble superhero film would be a good start. It’s obvious she does want to act again, so the story makes sense

Obvious from what? Other than the documentary I haven't seen or heard anything that screams film/tv.

I don't quite see why "its obvious that she wants to act again". What indications are there of this? She's never said anything. There's no evidence of her doing anything like going to an acting class in her new home... or even visitng Hollywood.

Yeah I am also curious what is so "obvious" that Meghan wants back into acting. We haven't seen this woman doing anything to indicated such a thing. Unless I missed something? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah I am also curious what is so "obvious" that Meghan wants back into acting. We haven't seen this woman doing anything to indicated such a thing. Unless I missed something? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Actresses do like to act.. but I suspect Meghan is shrewd enugh to know that if she were to resume acting, she might find that people just come to see her because she's a princess. (at least I think she's shrewd in some respects). If she can make money with Harry giving speeches and selling things, why put herself out to acting jobs again?

Actresses do like to act.. but I suspect Meghan is shrewd enugh to know that if she were to resume acting, she might find that people just come to see her because she's a princess. (at least I think she's shrewd in some respects). If she can make money with Harry giving speeches and selling things, why put herself out to acting jobs again?

Meghan also made it no secret that acting wasn't even her first passion. People love to project all kind of stuff on her but seem to be oblivious about many things of her, especially stuff she has actually said out her mouth.

The NY Post (which is basically the US version of the Daily Mail) just tossing out anything hoping it will stick. I am sure next week she will be starring in a new romantic comedy opposite Ryan Reynolds because he liked her post on IG.

people just come to see her because she's a princess

did he ever do any actual [professional] Theatre work.. I thought just TV ?

It may just be me, but to me "shrewd" has an extremely negative connotation. Like she does everything pre-meditaded. Like a gold-digger.. And I never got the feeling she married Harry just for fame and money. She is probably smart enough thoughto understand certain things are off limits, but I don't really think she's in it for the money. If she were after money, she'd be far better off marrying someone unknown but wealthy. And I bet there are plenty of wealthy men out there who would have loved to have married her.

The Dictionary definition of 'Shrewd' :

having or showing sharp powers of judgement; astute.

"she was shrewd enough to guess the motive behind his gesture"

The Dictionary definition of 'Shrewd' :

having or showing sharp powers of judgement; astute.

"she was shrewd enough to guess the motive behind his gesture"

That might be the dictionary definition, but to most people it has a far more negative connotation.

but to most people it has a far more negative connotation.

Possibly abroad, it may do, but here in the UK , its a word without 'loaded' connotations.

It's usually used in a complimentary sense here - usually "shrewd businessman/woman".

Possibly abroad, it may do, but here in the UK , its a word without 'loaded' connotations.

It's usually used in a complimentary sense here - usually "shrewd businessman/woman".

Unfortunately not where I live and in combination with all the negativity I've read about Meghan I'm a little wary of words that can have possible negative connotations. Especially if it isn't immediately clear to me if it's positive or negative.

I've seen people (mostly elsewhere) almost literally make things up just to get a dig at her.

That might be the dictionary definition, but to most people it has a far more negative connotation.

Maybe where you live, but in America it has a good connotation - it’s a good thing to be shrewd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom