Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness

Coverage from the local Nottingham News newspaper:
https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...-meets-3414111

And Hello Magazine:
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...er-nottingham/

It will be interesting to see if the tabloids pick this story up.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Whose home this video was filmed in actually, to me, is making a mountain out of the beginning stages of a molehill. What matters most is the content of the video. Other than the blurry photos when Harry answered the door, the background was pretty antiseptic with not much "personality" to read into it.

Now, on the other hand, the "reveal" today about Meghan corresponding with a young girl for *two years* as she went through what probably was a most traumatic and debilitating period of her life battling a brain tumor is the kind of stuff that makes me really warm up to Meghan. It was something they shared privately for so long without fanfare and publicity and was probably the brightest beam of sunlight into that young girl's life for that time period.

I would bet my last glass of the season's apple cider that the little dog that was gifted for Archie is one prominently in Archie's toy box. Some gifts just have an extra special meaning to them.

@Curryong: I've seen, I think, one picture of the interior of Anne's home at Gatcombe Park. Its in a beautiful book I have showing Anne's dogs.
Exactly.... I don't understand this need to make everything about the Sussex negative. There is so much more to take away from the video than the location. Harry and Ed working together to encourage those with mental health struggles to seek help should be the biggest takeaway. This is a good thing.

Then to learn that Meghan has been communicating with and encouraging a young girl going through difficult health problems and surgeries should be highlighted and an example as a way we can all reach out and help someone.

At the end of the day if it's in the public or behind the scenes they (the Sussexes) care about people.

Old 10-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I can't really say I blame them. Look at the conversation going on whether it is Eugenie's home or not. Imagine it if were the Sussex home? There would be 2554 articles out by now. Probably was for the best. The location is not important and yet that is most the discussion.
Any press chatter will die down in a day or so, IMO. However what you now have is the perception that H&M's concern about an intrusion of their privacy from such a film shoot is perhaps greater than it ought to be.

Does it really matter either way if the porch of the house / a nondescript room at FC was filmed? I appreciate it is not necessarily the answer, but a number of more senior royals do not seem to have a problem: the Queen, Charles (at Highgrove and Clarence House), William,Andrew or Edward to name a few have all been filmed or photographed at home at various points in time.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

I mean we know privacy is important to them I doubt it is even that deep. This was a filmed in London. So location seems to be the the more realistic thing here. No need to go out to to go out to Windsor when it was likely easier for Ed's people. I mean It just seems to me people want to see their home and finding reasons to wonder why we have not.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Majesty

We got pretty good photos on the interior of Apartment 1a when the Cambridges hosted the Obamas at KP.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I mean we know privacy is important to them I doubt it is even that deep. This was a filmed in London. So location seems to be the the more realistic thing here. No need to go out to to go out to Windsor when it was likely easier for Ed's people. I mean It just seems to me people want to see their home and finding reasons to wonder why we have not.
Most likely for safety reasons....it has been less than a year since the tabloids violated their privacy by sending a helicopter to take pictures of the inside of their private home. There were also people trying to send drones over FC. Let's also not forget there are people in jail for making threats towards Harry and a whole volatile group with a hashtag against Meghan out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
We got pretty good photos on the interior of Apartment 1a when the Cambridges hosted the Obamas at KP.
Apt 1A is much larger than FC and can afford to show a room of what 20 or so that won't impact the security of the family. We most likely saw an area that the family doesn't spend much time in, just when they are hosting important guests.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:48 AM
Commoner

The fact that this is World Mental Health day and Prince Harry and Ed Sheeran did a video to bring attention to a problem that is huge right now and the main conversation is if it was filmed at Eugenie's place instead of his and why....says a lot.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:38 AM
Serene Highness

The video is brilliant. Funny, engaging, and then touches well in the reason why it was released.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Sussex posted a video speaking about #InternationalDayoftheGirl and a nice clip of her at 11 years old.
https://mobile.twitter.com/byQueenVi...09183029518336

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-11-2019, 09:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Duchess of Sussex posted a video speaking about #InternationalDayoftheGirl and a nice clip of her at 11 years old.
https://mobile.twitter.com/byQueenVi...09183029518336
What a lovely video and message! #Girlpower
Old 10-11-2019, 09:14 AM
Majesty

The head of state is a women, two former prime ministers are women, the first minister of Scotland is a women, the head of the metropolitan police is a women.

‘Girl power’ has been alive and kicking for sometime.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The head of state is a women, two former prime ministers are women, the first minister of Scotland is a women, the head of the metropolitan police is a women.

Yup, that what’s being celebrated.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-11-2019, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

And yet women all over are still looked down on and treated badly. Celebrate women in positions of power and not. That is the message. And a lovely one at that.

Day of the Girl, indeed.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:

I don’t mean to be blunt, but what are you talking about? The hashtag was in reference to the day, not Meghan specifically.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Now trying counting all the men who have filled those positions with one hand.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Now trying counting all the men who have filled those positions with one hand.
But that was then, this is now. Every office and position in the land open to women.

What we need to realise though is not every woman wants to be a CEO or an electrical engineer. Some still want to be nurses or stay at home moms. I think that’s what some feminists have a difficult time getting their heads around.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
But that was then, this is now. Every office and position in the land open to women.

What we need to realise though is not every woman wants to be a CEO or an electrical engineer. Some still want to be nurses or stay at home moms. I think that’s what some feminists have a difficult time getting their heads around.
The UK isn't the only country in the world.

Not every woman in every country has the opportunity to become a nurse or choose to be a stay at home mom.

That's why it's called *International* Day of the Girl.

"The 38-year-old duchess of Sussex posted a video Friday on Instagram to mark the occasion, a United Nations-led observance day seeking to bring awareness to gender inequality and support opportunities for girls worldwide.

[emphasis mine]
Old 10-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Not every office in every land.

Not sure why you are twisting the point of today. Meanwhile many girls can't even go to school. That is what people are fighting to change. They deserve the choice. Do what is best for you and fight for others to have the chance to do it too.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Can I please just jump in here and state that what is needed is #Humanpower. Doesn't matter if that human is male or female or any other descriptive label we can put on a human being.

Equality will be realized when we no longer have to call attention to it.

Things have vastly changed since I was a kid and I'm hoping they'll continue towards the goal *I'd* like.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-11-2019, 12:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:

While nursing is a traditional role for women, it is a profession. Both women and men are nurses. It's not a matter of "still want to be..." it's a matter of aspiring to be a member of a great profession.

Feminism has many different schools of thought, but most feminists would support women and men who want to engage in caring work, like the profession of nursing, or being a "stay at home" parent.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry