The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The part I donít get is why would Harry be welcoming Ed Shreeran into Eugenieís house? Harry answered the door like itís his place.
They were using Eugenie's house like a movie or TV set to film.

Old 10-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The part I donít get is why would Harry be welcoming Ed Shreeran into Eugenieís house? Harry answered the door like itís his place.

I imagine itís simply for filming and privacy. Henry doesnít want you to see the inside of his house. Eugenie doesnít mind.

Old 10-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

That seems very odd. I completely understand why they might not want to use Frogmore Cottage, but not why they would borrow Eugenie's house.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I imagine itís simply for filming and privacy. Henry doesnít want you to see the inside of his house. Eugenie doesnít mind.
Oh, I see. I was confused by the whole thing. I actually thought it was Harry and Meghanís home, so I posted the tweet here.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-09-2019, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Wouldn't that be quite abusive ? Like "I don't want people to see the inside of my house, so let me borrow yours so that the audience will see it instead".

I would never ask my cousin (or even my brother) anything like that, no matter how close we were . But maybe you misinterpreted the circumstances of the event.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Wouldn't that be quite abusive ? Like "I don't want people to see the inside of my house, so let me borrow yours so that the audience will see it instead".

I would never ask my cousin (or even my brother) anything like that, no matter how close we were . But maybe you misinterpreted the circumstances of the event.
Maybe they offered? There are a lot of other places they could have filmed and used as a "Harry and Meghan's house" set than Eugenie's home. She could pop into the conversation too. I highly doubt there was any "you will lend me your cottage!!" strong arming.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I guess the biggest question here is does Eugenie really have the tune to the national anthem as her doorbell ringer?!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Majesty

I think it would be fun if she did, but I suspect not!
Old 10-09-2019, 07:36 PM
Courtier

Did I miss something? Why do we think it's Eugenie's house?
Old 10-09-2019, 07:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would venture to guess the doorbell was for the video.

I have to wonder if maybe Eugenie is involved in the project, why they are using her cottage. But we will have to wait to see until tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Did I miss something? Why do we think it's Eugenie's house?
Because itís confirmed in several articles that itís her house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

I think abusive is the wrong word. Henry has hardly barged into Eugenies house and demanded to use it. Heís either asked or it has been offered to them.

Hereís the full video:

https://twitter.com/delmody/status/1...045408773?s=21

Eugenie is not in the video at all, so for me itís quite clear itís about privacy and Eugenie offered her house as a place to film the sequence.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The part I don’t get is why would Harry be welcoming Ed Shreeran into Eugenie’s house? Harry answered the door like it’s his place.
Make what you will of this, but I think H&M would not like their privacy invaded by letting cameras into Frogmore Cottage.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

You wouldn't have even known it was Eugenie's house if not for eagle eyed people really looking into a blurry background image behind Harry as he opened the door. They really could have been anywhere as they were sitting at a table. But I think that goes to show the level of interest in seeing Frogmore Cottage.

If Eugenie has an issue then she wouldn't have agreed. And we saw nothing anyways. I would bet they were all there watching and probably hung out afterwards.

Very cute video. Nice to see them teaming up for such a great cause. "Gingers Unite."
Old 10-10-2019, 08:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
You wouldn't have even known it was Eugenie's house if not for eagle eyed people really looking into a blurry background image behind Harry as he opened the door. They really could have been anywhere as they were sitting at a table. But I think that goes to show the level of interest in seeing Frogmore Cottage.

If Eugenie has an issue then she wouldn't have agreed. And we saw nothing anyways. I would bet they were all there watching and probably hung out afterwards.

Very cute video. Nice to see them teaming up for such a great cause. "Gingers Unite."
I do not believe that this is Eugenie's house. Like Harry and Ed couldn't get a place to film this video, really? As for the blurry background image behind Harry as he opened the door, there is no way of telling what or who's picture/painting that is. It was people guessing that it is Eugenie's wedding picture and everybody else ran with it.

The doorbell chime is a hoot; I want that doorbell.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One good reason I can think of that they'd use Ivy Cottage at KP is the location. Maybe it was quite a bit easier for the filming crew to film everything they needed to film in and around London instead of hauling out to Windsor to film at Frogmore Cottage. Perhaps Eugenie and Jack weren't even going to be home that day and offered the use. Who knows?

@Fijiro: I love that doorbell too and as I see you live in NY, it could also be construed as having a very patriotic doorbell as well.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-10-2019, 09:51 AM
Courtier

I still do not think it is Eugenie's house. I do not see them using Eugenie's house like that.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
I still do not think it is Eugenie's house. I do not see them using Eugenie's house like that.
I am not sure I particularly care about where it is. To me, the issue is that H&M appear to be so concerned about their privacy that they are unwilling to even have a small video like this filmed at home.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am not sure I particularly care about where it is. To me, the issue is that H&M appear to be so concerned about their privacy that they are unwilling to even have a small video like this filmed at home.
I can't really say I blame them. Look at the conversation going on whether it is Eugenie's home or not. Imagine it if were the Sussex home? There would be 2554 articles out by now. Probably was for the best. The location is not important and yet that is most the discussion.

--
Other news:

At today's engagement it was revealed that Meghan has been writing letters for the past 2 years with a student recovering from a brain tumor.

"He was later gifted a toy dog for his young son Archie by 14-year-old pupil Aleyna Genc, who has spent the past two years exchanging letters with the Duchess of Sussex while undergoing several operations to remove a brain tumour."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-50001335
Old 10-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Majesty

I don't think it had anything to do with privacy issues. As others have said, it was much quicker and more convenient to film in central London than to haul everything and everybody down to Windsor.

And do we see lots of the interiors of Royal homes? I don't believe I've ever seen inside Anne's home or the Wessexes, or Anmer, or, except for a magazine photoshoot for the York sisters a few months ago, Royal Lodge.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Whose home this video was filmed in actually, to me, is making a mountain out of the beginning stages of a molehill. What matters most is the content of the video. Other than the blurry photos when Harry answered the door, the background was pretty antiseptic with not much "personality" to read into it.

Now, on the other hand, the "reveal" today about Meghan corresponding with a young girl for *two years* as she went through what probably was a most traumatic and debilitating period of her life battling a brain tumor is the kind of stuff that makes me really warm up to Meghan. It was something they shared privately for so long without fanfare and publicity and was probably the brightest beam of sunlight into that young girl's life for that time period.

I would bet my last glass of the season's apple cider that the little dog that was gifted for Archie is one prominently in Archie's toy box. Some gifts just have an extra special meaning to them.

@Curryong: I've seen, I think, one picture of the interior of Anne's home at Gatcombe Park. Its in a beautiful book I have showing Anne's dogs.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry