The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 09:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
“Respected journalist Quentin Letts tweeted: “Friend of an acquaintance was about to go riding with HMQ. Was given v firm advice. ‘Talk about anything except one subject.’ Brexit? ‘No. The Sussexes.’”:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/993453...-meghan-harry/

Yeah, right. So presumably it would have been OK to discuss Brexit or even the Prince Andrew/Epstein scandal with HMQ?

A quick look at his Wikipedia entry reveals that not everyone regards Quentin Letts as "respected."

Besides, if her HM were unhappy with the Sussexes wouldn't she let them know?

Smells like fake news to me.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Yeah, right. So presumably it would have been OK to discuss Brexit or even the Prince Andrew/Epstein scandal with HMQ?

A quick look at his Wikipedia entry reveals that not everyone regards Quentin Letts as "respected."

Besides, if her HM were unhappy with the Sussexes wouldn't she let them know?

Smells like fake news to me.

Prince Harry is extremely close to his grandmother and if she felt he needed some advice from her or her senior advisors, she would personally give him the advice or he would follow the advice from her most senior advisors. He has never disrespected his grandmother. The Queen is “The Boss.”

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-16-2019, 11:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
“Respected journalist Quentin Letts tweeted: “Friend of an acquaintance was about to go riding with HMQ. Was given v firm advice. ‘Talk about anything except one subject.’ Brexit? ‘No. The Sussexes.’”:

"Respected" by whom exactly?
"Friend of an acquaintance" does this friend of a friend of a friend have a name? Does he/she exists?
Old 09-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
"Respected" by whom exactly?
That is a good one. But I suspect the succinct answer is, his readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Prince Harry is extremely close to his grandmother and if she felt he needed some advice from her or her senior advisors, she would personally give him the advice or he would follow the advice from her most senior advisors. He has never disrespected his grandmother. The Queen is “The Boss.”
I do not think he has a shortage of where he could get good advice. In addition to HM, Harry is also close to his father and his brother. He could seek their advice if he so wanted. But IMO, seeking, accepting and acting on good advice takes maturity and humility, not always around in abundance.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

“So, Your Majesty, I was going to ask if Baby Archie is cute, but what’s the deal with Andrew and Courtney Love?”

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-16-2019, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Dalriada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
“So, Your Majesty, I was going to ask if Baby Archie is cute, but what’s the deal with Andrew and Courtney Love?”
Old 09-17-2019, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The discussion about the Sussexes and their relationship with the media has been deleted. Posts discussing Meghan and Harry installing an outdoor kitchen, has been moved to the 'Sussex Residence' thread.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love the new photo of Archie - he seems to be a little baldie!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-17-2019, 06:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its those Windsor genes, I tell ya.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-17-2019, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I love the new photo of Archie - he seems to be a little baldie!
There's not much sweeter than the peach fuzz on a baby's head, and Archie looks like a real cutie.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

The 'new photo' is over 2 months old. He may have a bit more then peach fuzz now

The Windsor male hair genes are certainly not in his favor But they usually have two decades or so of good hair before it sets in

But is a great photo. I love the black and white shots.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:06 AM
Royal Highness

Meghan's mom Doria Ragland has inspired a romance novel

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tow...-holiday-book/
Old 09-18-2019, 07:28 AM
Majesty

That's very sweet! I bet Doria's having a bit of a chuckle to herself about it though.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

BBC Issues An Apology to The Duke and Duchess of Sussex:
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/...mpression=true

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-18-2019, 10:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Good for them for the Sussexes for confronting the situation. I’m glad BBC apologized. That whole ordeal had to be very upsetting. Glad they were arrested.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
And we have fotos of the family's pub outting

https://www.tmz.com/photos/image_jpg...0154560dda985/
Old 09-18-2019, 04:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
BBC Issues An Apology to The Duke and Duchess of Sussex:
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/...mpression=true
These as some of the things that Harry and Meghan have to consider when making decisions for their family. We may not understand all the actions but there are usually good reasons behind them.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder why the BBC is apologizing now. Did the station's lawyers told them they have legal exposure?
Old 09-18-2019, 06:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
These as some of the things that Harry and Meghan have to consider when making decisions for their family. We may not understand all the actions but there are usually good reasons behind them.
That’s very true. None of us fully understand all the reasons behind their decisions, but we have to trust the moves they make are best for their family.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-18-2019, 07:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States

I do like how Harry handled it all with the BBC. He went through the proper channels to voice his dismay over that presentation. No one was the wiser and to be honest, this is the first I've heard about it (I only get BBCAmerica). What I liked even more is that Harry was listened to and apologized to that he wasn't informed of all this before it was broadcast but the BBC still maintained its integrity of journalism and reporting on what is actually going on in this type of an organization is what they do. The public does need to be aware and informed of their world around them. The good, the bad and the ugly.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry