The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 06:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I don't get the sense that quite a lot of the American celebrities that you hear about Meghan interacting with now (Oprah, Ellen, Clooney etc, but not including Serena Williams who genuinely appears to be a friend from a few years ago) were friends of Meghan from before her time with Harry. These are all new relationships, IMO. Any comments should really be made in that context.
I was more speaking of Jessica, Serena, Daniel, and to an extent Clooneys. I’ve seen many snide comments about her friendships with them. As for Ellen and Oprah? People who are working with them and comment on nastiness they are encountering against them? These people commonly speak out on this kind of behavior toward others, so not sure why it’s surprising they will about individuals they getting to know on a more personal level.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I don't get the sense that quite a lot of the American celebrities that you hear about Meghan interacting with now (Oprah, Ellen, Clooney etc, but not including Serena Williams who genuinely appears to be a friend from a few years ago) were friends of Meghan from before her time with Harry. These are all new relationships, IMO. Any comments should really be made in that context.
And while he is not American, Elton John also spoke out about the Sussexes. He’s not a friend of Meghan’s originally—he’s a friend of Harry and his family going years back.
Nacho Figueras has also made some public comments and he is Harry’s friend as well.
So it is not just Americans or Meghan’s friends who have felt the need to say something

Old 09-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that, as with other threads specific to individual royals or royal couples, lets not drag other members of the Royal Family into the discussion or make comparisons.

The Royal Forums is not a platform for people to promote one royal/royal couple over another.

Please be reminded that very many royals have friends, acquaintances and associates outside of the the royal world. Indeed it is not a new concept and is a fact. As such, it requires very little debate here and in other threads.

If members must make a specific point, please do so once and then move on.

Now let's get back to the actual topic of the thread.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:54 AM
Majesty

Meghan’s friend ‘defending’ her in the American media. “I think it’s unjust, and I think that people, you know, should really focus on the good work they do.“

Do Meghan’s or Harry’s friends for that matter realise the Sussexes are basically civil servants. They’re not supposed to be celebrities. Open to both positive and negative comment.

https://twitter.com/todayshow/status...315738624?s=21
Old 09-13-2019, 10:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Meghan’s friend ‘defending’ her in the American media. “I think it’s unjust, and I think that people, you know, should really focus on the good work they do.“

Do Meghan’s or Harry’s friends for that matter realise the Sussexes are basically civil servants. They’re not supposed to be celebrities. Open to both positive and negative comment.

https://twitter.com/todayshow/status...315738624?s=21

Misha was asked a question by a UK correspondent on a US Network. She didn't bring it up. He did and started by saying that he didn't care for the coverage himself. He has had debates with the likes of Palmer and Jobson, so plenty evidence of that. She answered honestly. I have zero issue with it.

All public figures are subjected to positive and negative commentary but I think even you can admit accusing Meghan of causing drought and murder due to her liking avocados is a bit extreme...
Old 09-13-2019, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

...And personally I have no issue with Meghan's friends or acquaintances calling out what they see as unfair and dishonest coverage, at times.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Happy Birthday to Prince Harry from his wife:

"“Your service to the causes you care so deeply for inspires me every day. You are the best husband and most amazing dad to our son. We love you ❤️Happiest birthday!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2bDdAMlxgY/
Old 09-15-2019, 03:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

New picture in the bottom right. Lovely!
Old 09-15-2019, 03:44 AM
Majesty

What a beautiful message, full of love and admiration. Just lovely! And I hope Harry got a good night's sleep before his birthday, as well.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

A very beautiful message. I loved it.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Happy Birthday to Prince Harry from his wife:

"“Your service to the causes you care so deeply for inspires me every day. You are the best husband and most amazing dad to our son. We love you ❤️Happiest birthday!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2bDdAMlxgY/
What a touching tribute from Meghan on Harry’s Birthday. Everything she said is true and that unpublished picture from Archie’s christening is beautiful.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-15-2019, 11:03 AM
Majesty

It’s a nice collage and the couple obviously like the black and white ‘artsy’ pics but it would be nice to get a couple just regular full on colour photos of Archie and family.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:06 AM
Nobility

Lovely message and picture. Happy Birthday, Harry!
Old 09-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lovely birthday tribute to Harry from his wife

I love the sweet new photo from Archie's baptism.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

What a lovely collage of photos and a nice new private one of the Sussex family was released for Harry's birthday, and a lovely message from Meghan to him as well!
Old 09-15-2019, 01:34 PM
Majesty

I absolutely love the new photo of baby Sussex on his christening day. He looks very much like Harry as a baby!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-15-2019, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I noticed too that the Instagram message was perhaps very carefully worded by Meghan. As it is their account for where they announce and talk about their various incentives and their public roles, Meghan not only made her birthday wishes to her husband very loving and personal but she also emphasized how much Harry inspires her with his passion for the work that he does.

Perhaps I'm the odd one out but I love the black and white photos that this couple seem to favor. There's just something about them with being black and white rather than color that makes them seem like they're precious moments that are frozen in time for them. The engagement photo, the wedding photo, the reception photo watching fireworks and now the family are all memorable times of their lives together that have been memorialized this way.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-15-2019, 04:21 PM
Royal Highness

The picture of Archie for Harry's birthday shout out is adorable.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:43 PM
Majesty

I have to admit I love the black and white photos as they reveal details that are not obvious in colour.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:58 AM
Nobility

“Respected journalist Quentin Letts tweeted: “Friend of an acquaintance was about to go riding with HMQ. Was given v firm advice. ‘Talk about anything except one subject.’ Brexit? ‘No. The Sussexes.’”:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/993453...-meghan-harry/

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry