General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course she smiled...

What would the headlines say if she were not smiling?

“Glum Meghan on solo stroll..”

“Second thoughts, Meghan?“

I think some try too hard to find reasons to hate...

Meghan has always engaged the cameras. I don’t see what the issue is. Should she walk around looking depressed?

All I basically see right now is the type of photo that we see oodles of here where either Lady Kitty or Pippa Matthews is "spotted" walking the dogs, bicycling, shopping, etc. They're going about their everyday business and if they believe that the can step out anywhere without being recognized, its just not going to float. Might as well grin and bear it with grace and continue on with what one was doing and in doing that, it doesn't create a story in and of itself.

No one should have to remain behind closed doors in fear that a flash bulb is going to go off if they're in a public space. I won't open those kind of click bait links but I don't expect them not to be publishing anything and everything Meghan they can get their little hands on.

She is walking her dogs and son. Should she be miserable :bang:

She isn't posing she is walking down the road. Yeah she should avert her eyes and not watch where is going.

People need something to moan about. She doesn't need to contact media. They know where they live. It's not going to be hard to get photos when she goes out.

If he thought that walking away from the royals would give him the privacy he wanted, I think he is dreaming, he will get more media now than even before with out the Royal protection. She knew in what she was getting into and it is so sad to see him uprooting from his family, I guess we will never see him again with Family events, not even Christmas, I feel sorry for his kid!

Henry arrived back in Canada this morning, he left the U.K. last night.

General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

Archie looks really awkward and uncomfortable in that position...

I couldn’t find the video of the stroll so it’s hard to comment on whether this was staged or not. It wouldn’t surprise me as these two say they want privacy in the same way they said the climate was important and then took 4 private jets in 11 days for their holidays...

Last edited by a moderator:
after watching the video it makes me think this was not staged. With the rumpus that the discussion on who will pay for security for these two, I doubt Meghan would have staged for the paps an outing where two security officers are in every shot. Having said that, Meghan looks impeccably dressed and put together in those pictures and is smiling beamingly so you never know.

It also made me realise how annoying it must be to live your life with security officers following your every move only 3 metres behind you. I guess one gets used to it, but royals must crave the ability to just go for a walk with their dogs without being constantly watched....

It is interesting that The Sun posted it...one of the tabloids being sued right? I wonder if it was a pap or a private person (cell phone pic) that took the pic.
It seems like the picture comes from Splash News, it's an LA-based "entertainment news and photography agency", so it was probably their pap. There was some talk about paparazzi coming to Vancouver when this all exploded.

Where is the video? It looks very uncomfortable for Archie. Is he too big for the carrier or is he in it wrong?
It seems like one of the straps fell off Meghan's shoulder, which caused little guy to lean over on one side.

I know some people think it’s staged because she’s dressed and looks good but to be fair to her, if I knew there was a hint of the paparazzi trying to get photos of me I would wear make up and make sure my clothes were decent.

I know some people think it’s staged because she’s dressed and looks good but to be fair to her, if I knew there was a hint of the paparazzi trying to get photos of me I would wear make up and make sure my clothes were decent.

I don't know.. her clothes don't seem overly nice for a stroll in the woods. THey seem like normal clothes. The kind I would wear for the same thing. And if she really wanted to be in the public eye, she'd be in the UK.

I don't know.. her clothes don't seem overly nice for a stroll in the woods. THey seem like normal clothes. The kind I would wear for the same thing. And if she really wanted to be in the public eye, she'd be in the UK.
Actually, how many paparazzi photos we got of Meghan while she was living in the UK? Compared to Canada, where she already got photographed like what, three times in a few weeks?, it seems like Windsor (and UK) have given her that much more privacy.

Actually, how many paparazzi photos we got of Meghan while she was living in the UK? Compared to Canada, where she already got photographed like what, three times in a few weeks?, it seems like Windsor (and UK) have given her that much more privacy.

In my opinion, she needs to get photographed to develop her brand, so we will continue to see pictures of her over the next few weeks. She does not appear to have any problem with these pictures. So much for concerns about media intrusion!

I don't think they're bothered about being papped doing things in public spaces. They've never complained about it to my knowledge. I agree Meghan looks like she's working on her/their brand.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Sussex has been photographed out in Canada with her son Archie.

Wow! Sorry but I have never seen a more happier person being papped. Seriously! How can anyone say these are not staged.

Funny how during her time as Harry’s girlfriend and while living in the U.K. and six week in Canada.. she was able to avoid the paparazzi and now barely a week and half out of royal duties and we have gotten three!! Sightings.
You can claim all you want but I we all know these are staged.

There were at least a few taken in the U.K. (I saw three posted last night on Twitter) and not to mention the drone that took pics of their home (inside) causing them to leave the country home they rented...they won that lawsuit as I recall.

LaRae

When did that happen?
The only time I can remember is when Harry and Meghan was leaving a shop in Windsor during the last few months of her pregnancy. Meghan kept looking down and her hands on her belly while Harry was trying to block out the cameras from his face with the palm of his hand. They both looked very uncomfortable.

Are two protection officers per person usual for Royals?

Actually, it would be one per person. One for Meghan and one for Archie. ?

And now according to The Guardian, media has been warned not to use the pictures taken during the dog walk:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/21/prince-harry-arrives-canada-join-meghan-archie

Good luck with that one.

---"The Sun’s front page on Tuesday featured a paparazzi picture of Meghan with her son walking her dogs on a woodland trail on Vancouver Island, accompanied by the headline: “The joy of Sussex.”

The Sussexes issued a warning to the media on Tuesday not to use the picture."---

And now according to The Guardian, media has been warned not to use the pictures taken during the dog walk:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/21/prince-harry-arrives-canada-join-meghan-archie

Good luck with that one.

---"The Sun’s front page on Tuesday featured a paparazzi picture of Meghan with her son walking her dogs on a woodland trail on Vancouver Island, accompanied by the headline: “The joy of Sussex.”

The Sussexes issued a warning to the media on Tuesday not to use the picture."---

I think the Sussexes are going to find out that they don't carry as much "clout" as they used to. If they're in a public place and the photographers aren't breaking any laws or infringing on privacy, there's not much they can do about it.

Along with extremely good accountants, they're going to need to pay for and retain extremely good lawyers. ;)

Chris Ship said on Twitter that the U.K. press had an agreement where they wouldn’t buy photos of the Royals in their down time so that’s why we never saw paparazzi photos. Maybe they moved to Canada so they could get the paparazzi photos and help them continue with their brand and getting free publicity?

Along with extremely good accountants, they're going to need to pay for and retain extremely good lawyers

You mean the [roundly snubbed] 'Bank of the Prince of Wales' will be expected to cough up for them...?

Good luck with that one.

Sure - but on what grounds..?

Chris Ship said on Twitter that the U.K. press had an agreement where they wouldn’t buy photos of the Royals in their down time so that’s why we never saw paparazzi photos. Maybe they moved to Canada so they could get the paparazzi photos and help them continue with their brand and getting free publicity?

And then his assertion was thoroughly debunked by folks posting examples of the UK papers running pap photos of various royals including Harry and Meg and the Cambridges in their down time.

I cannot take another Sussex litigation disaster.

It's too much. Make it stop

Another step on the road to the 'Vexatious Litigant' notoriety so beloved of Hollywood...

The speed with which they seem to turn into caricatures of themselves is amazing..

Another step on the road to the 'Vexatious Litigant' notoriety so beloved of Hollywood...

The speed with which they seem to turn into caricatures of themselves is amazing..

What pray tell is hollywood about this? Again, its tiring but the double standards are becoming absurd, many royals send out similar warnings multiple times a year about photos taken in downtime.

A warning is not litigation although they may file an IPSO complaint. Both Harry and William file multiple ones a year for photos taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom