The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 05:14 AM
Majesty

I actually laughed at the Ellen story. She really is wicked and not only was it obvious she was joking about Archie looking like Harry, the article even said: " . . . she joked"!

We have seen more of Archie than his older cousins and even the odd word from a photographer which, since Catherine takes the photos, they don't get when they release photos of the cousins.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I actually laughed at the Ellen story. She really is wicked and not only was it obvious she was joking about Archie looking like Harry, the article even said: " . . . she joked"!

We have seen more of Archie than his older cousins and even the odd word from a photographer which, since Catherine takes the photos, they don't get when they release photos of the cousins.
I am sorry but I need to take up your point that we have seen more of Archie than his older cousins. Even comparances at the same age doesn't add up. The first at Windsor, then the only clear photograph was at the christening, I am not making a case for more or less photographs, I do not care, but I will ask you to be clearer on your comment that we have seen more of Archie.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:45 AM
Nobility

Dear forum members,

I just see, that my remark about Ellen's visit to Archie resulted in some misunderstandings. I apologize and promise to refrain from further attempts to combine teutonic humour with an intermediate command of the English language. Sorry!
Old 09-11-2019, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Dear forum members,

I just see, that my remark about Ellen's visit to Archie resulted in some misunderstandings. I apologize and promise to refrain from further attempts to combine teutonic humour with an intermediate command of the English language. Sorry!
Oh no, you don't!
More teutonic humor, please!

We need humor in this tread...
Old 09-11-2019, 07:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Oh no, you don't!

More teutonic humor, please!

We need humor in this tread...

I second this. This thread is far too serious. Bring it on.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Why are you disappointed?
Again it's a build up of things starting years ago and including the recent scandal having to do with the planes and Harry and Meghan "preaching to us". If you'd like I'll send you a PM to go more in depth; but generally it just appears she is being more a celebrity than a royal.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Again it's a build up of things starting years ago and including the recent scandal having to do with the planes and Harry and Meghan "preaching to us". If you'd like I'll send you a PM to go more in depth; but generally it just appears she is being more a celebrity than a royal.

They have been married for 1 year and 4 months
They met in July 2016
Their relationship became public in November 2016 (in the press)
Harry press release to the press asking them to backoff was also in November 2016
She talked about a relationship with Harry only once in a Vanity Fair article in September 2017
They also came out publicly as a couple in Toronto in September 2017 at the Invictus Games
They were engaged in November 2017, and it was her first public interview
her second public speaking gig was during the so called fab four first appearance in Feb 2018
They got married in May 2018
Eversince they have been married she spoke publicly 2 times
Speech in New Zealand in October 2018, and when she joined a panel at international women's day in 2019

So what has she said that has been building up FOR YEARS????
Old 09-11-2019, 09:24 AM
Nobility

We’ll find out soon enough if Archie is a Harry clone or a mixture of his parents. I’m looking forward to seeing how much he’s grown since the christening.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
In the two examples you have used it caused untold problems. Having friends speaking out doesn't help anybody. Private should mean private.
Tell that to the Royals who allow it when it pleases them. Regardless if it's a good idea or not, it's done and it's been done for a long long time by various Royals. The pearl clutching over the Sussex friends speaking out is pure hypocrisy.

LaRae
Old 09-11-2019, 01:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Tell that to the Royals who allow it when it pleases them. Regardless if it's a good idea or not, it's done and it's been done for a long long time by various Royals. The pearl clutching over the Sussex friends speaking out is pure hypocrisy.

LaRae
I agree they did allow it and caused untold grief, you think they would all have learnt. I am not being a hypocrite, I think it is wrong for any of them to encourage their friends to speak out. I am not picking out the Sussex friends in particular . Once again what could become an interesting exchange of views just turns into something else.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I agree they did allow it and caused untold grief, you think they would all have learnt. I am not being a hypocrite, I think it is wrong for any of them to encourage their friends to speak out. I am not picking out the Sussex friends in particular . Once again what could become an interesting exchange of views just turns into something else.
I suspect that for most of the royals, the very closest friends are discreet, and minus something along the lines of the War of the Wales, we're unlikely to ever hear from them. I always assume that the people who are interested in giving interviews and having their names appear in media linked to a member of the royal family are much less likely to be actual close friends and more likely to be situational friends or acquaintances.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I suspect that for most of the royals, the very closest friends are discreet, and minus something along the lines of the War of the Wales, we're unlikely to ever hear from them. I always assume that the people who are interested in giving interviews and having their names appear in media linked to a member of the royal family are much less likely to be actual close friends and more likely to be situational friends or acquaintances.
I totally agree
Old 09-11-2019, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I honestly don't believe we can correctly identify the levels of different friendships that any royal has because, frankly, we don't know these people and hence, do not know the dynamics of their relationships. We like to think we do though just like we like to think we know what royals get along with each other like a house on fire or have a "feud" going. Anything really outside of the scope of a royal's public roles, we're all seeing things with different eyeballs and those eyeballs all see something different. Even with the coverage of public duties and engagements we see different things too and hear different things depending on where one goes for their sources.

It has been made public though that within the dynamics of relationships with the "Wales boys", there is a "circle of trust" and they've concocted different methods to "test" said trust. We just have no idea when they activate a "test" or not but with that in the back of our minds, we can easily jump to conclusions that are just speculations.

The private lives of Harry and Meghan and what they do or don't do is something I like reading the various takes on but I'm not going to form an opinion either way because I just don't know all the facts and the ins and outs of what Harry or Meghan really think, feel or decide to do.

So, with this in mind, I don't see anybody being right or anybody being wrong. I see posts that express different perspectives on things and its amazing how different we all can be at times.

So... keep calm and carry on. You all are very interesting people and I enjoy reading your posts.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-11-2019, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Don't engage

Quote:
I totally agree
Very good point. A lot of friends who speak out do so in away that it could be denied they even spoke at all.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I remember we didn't see much of Louis at all his first months. I think it was his birth and then the Christening and then we didn't see him again until Charles' 70th pictures. So many months had passed. So when I see people talk about how Harry and Meghan keep Archie away, I just laugh.

As for their friends talking? Many of Meghan's friends are industry people who have their own public profiles. Is anyone surprised that Serena will be asked about Meghan coming to see her? No. Did she say anything groundbreaking? No. "She is a dear friend and I am grateful she came to support me." Hardly scandalous speak there.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Besides which, Meghan was an actress and knew other people in the business. People tend to keep up with others in the same profession. She would hardly be likely to hang with a lot of librarians, chefs or construction workers instead, would she?
If your suggestion is correct that people keep up with people in the same profession, I would think that she spent quite some time with chefs when she dated (and lived with) chef Cory Vitiello
Old 09-11-2019, 08:09 PM
Majesty

Yes, I believe she did. I read that she met many colleagues of Cory's at that time and people who had cookery shows on TV. Meghan is quite a foodie herself. However acting was her profession since university.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

While we naturally spend a lot of time with people who work in our field, I dont know any one who limits their friendship pool to that. Maybe some do.

Certainly considering 15 years in show business, its natural she have many friends either in it, or related like Jessica who is a stylist. Or people like Serena who she met through her job even if Serena herself isnt in show business.

Meghan certainly has friends who are not. Markus Anderson, Benita Litt, Genevieve Hillis to name a few. Lindsay Roth is in show business but Meghan met her during her college days.

As for being a foodie, as well as seeing the odd Hallmark movie (the fireworks one was on all summer) Meghan has been a judge on Chopped Junior a few times. Seen the episodes lately.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I remember we didn't see much of Louis at all his first months. I think it was his birth and then the Christening and then we didn't see him again until Charles' 70th pictures. So many months had passed. So when I see people talk about how Harry and Meghan keep Archie away, I just laugh.

As for their friends talking? Many of Meghan's friends are industry people who have their own public profiles. Is anyone surprised that Serena will be asked about Meghan coming to see her? No. Did she say anything groundbreaking? No. "She is a dear friend and I am grateful she came to support me." Hardly scandalous speak there.
I don't get the sense that quite a lot of the American celebrities that you hear about Meghan interacting with now (Oprah, Ellen, Clooney etc, but not including Serena Williams who genuinely appears to be a friend from a few years ago) were friends of Meghan from before her time with Harry. These are all new relationships, IMO. Any comments should really be made in that context.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I don't get the sense that quite a lot of the American celebrities that you hear about Meghan interacting with now (Oprah, Ellen, Clooney etc, but not including Serena Williams who genuinely appears to be a friend from a few years ago) were friends of Meghan from before her time with Harry. These are all new relationships, IMO. Any comments should really be made in that context.

Actually Meghan met Ellen a few years before she (Meghan) met Harry, at an animal shelter where Ellen convinced Meghan to adopt a dog. Their paths didn't really cross again until they started working together on a specific project (which happens to 'regular' people every day). That being said Ellen has worked more closely and gotten to know both Meghan and Harry more than many of the people writing negative stories about them day in and day out based on third/fourth party words. Thus more qualified to speak on what they are like.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry