The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #961  
Old 09-10-2019, 03:27 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,828
I hope everyone know that we’ll be seeing Archie on the South African Tour and we not that long ago got pictures of Archie at his christening. He also made his public debut at his father’s polo match. Christmas pictures will be coming up, too.
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #962  
Old 09-10-2019, 03:33 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
I am much more disappointed, that Ellen DeGeneres has visited Little Archie and says, he looks like Prince Harry!
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/09/e...aby/index.html

Because I can not say that. I have not really seen him yet.
It seems strange to me that DeGeneres would discuss this visit in her 'talk-show', when H&M are so careful to maintain the privacy of their family life.
Surely, if she were a true friend, she would know that these visits should be kept private and between themselves as friends?
Especially when H&M are so careful to protect Archie from any sort of media intrusion.
__________________

  #963  
Old 09-10-2019, 03:34 PM
Ista's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,539
I'm looking forward to seeing photos of Archie, but I think it remains to be seen if the Sussexes decide to allow him to be photographed in South Africa--and then if they do, I'm sure there will be some criticism that he was out in public in South Africa, but not in the UK. If I recall correctly, the Cambridges were similarly criticized during their Australia tour with George.

I also think the Christmas photos are far from a foregone conclusion. It will be nice if we get them, but I don't think anything is guaranteed.
  #964  
Old 09-10-2019, 03:54 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,679
Now I know its totally off the wall and probably never will happen but I'd love to see a photo of Archie in a little dashiki. That would be so cute!

We'll see what happens. I'm starting to look forward to this tour.
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #965  
Old 09-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The british public has not seen much of him, either. In the current anti-climate of the royal watcher press it does not help that varous celebrity friends tell their insider tale and defend the couple on every opportunity. Sometimes
'keep quiet' is a better approach but I guess H&M exactly like it like that. Their closeness to celebrity culture is the biggest problem going forward, IMO.
I don't get it, the baby just turned 4 months this past week. How many pictures does the public think they are due? There are 5 released pictures/videos of the baby (introduction 5/8/19, baby toes for US mother's day, eyes and resting in his father arms for father's day, 2 different poses for his christening both full face). And one paparazzi video/picture from Harry's polo event with different angles.

How much did we see of Louis in his first 4 months?

As for the African tour and Christmas cards. I hope that H&M follow their instincts and do what they feel comfortable with. They have made it very clear that their child isn't going to be used a prop for publicity.
  #966  
Old 09-10-2019, 04:17 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
I don't get it, the baby just turned 4 months this past week. How many pictures does the public think they are due? There are 5 released pictures/videos of the baby (introduction 5/8/19, baby toes for US mother's day, eyes and resting in his father arms for father's day, 2 different poses for his christening both full face). And one paparazzi video/picture from Harry's polo event with different angles.

How much did we see of Louis in his first 4 months?

As for the African tour and Christmas cards. I hope that H&M follow their instincts and do what they feel comfortable with. They have made it very clear that their child isn't going to be used a prop for publicity.
I agree - however, there has been a strong anti-monarchy feeling here in the UK lately due to the whole Brexit disaster, so I do think that a down-to-earth (without being too invasive, of course) photo of the couple with Archie together would be a good thing IMO. I think the anti-monarchist feelings seemed to die down slightly after Charlotte's first day of school, or on social media at least, because most people with an interest were happy to see photos of the Cambridge children (especially Charlotte, who has captured most of us with her cheeky personality!).
If we weren't in the climate British society is currently in, I would normally agree 100% since we haven't seen much, as you have pointed out, of Archie's cousin Louis, and since his parents are in a more significant position succession wise, why should the Sussexes feel Archie must be seen more?
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #967  
Old 09-10-2019, 05:16 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 4,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I agree - however, there has been a strong anti-monarchy feeling here in the UK lately due to the whole Brexit disaster, so I do think that a down-to-earth (without being too invasive, of course) photo of the couple with Archie together would be a good thing IMO. I think the anti-monarchist feelings seemed to die down slightly after Charlotte's first day of school, or on social media at least, because most people with an interest were happy to see photos of the Cambridge children (especially Charlotte, who has captured most of us with her cheeky personality!).
If we weren't in the climate British society is currently in, I would normally agree 100% since we haven't seen much, as you have pointed out, of Archie's cousin Louis, and since his parents are in a more significant position succession wise, why should the Sussexes feel Archie must be seen more?


So the Sussexes should put their 4 month old on display in order to counter republican sentiment owing to something the Prime Minister has done?

That just screams entirely of pandering and I think will set the Sussexes up for further criticism. By not releasing photos willy-nilly they’re following the same precedent set by the Cambridges (who typically only release official photos a few times a year and only have the kids do a handful of public events a year) and so any criticism of “hiding” Archie they receive now can easily be dismissed with a “well, the Cambridge’s did the same.” If they start going “anti-monarchy sentiment is high, better pull out Archie” now, they set themselves up to have to use him in such a way for his whole life.

We’ve actually seen more of Archie at 4 months than we saw of George, Charlotte, or Louis at the same age.
  #968  
Old 09-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 4,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing photos of Archie, but I think it remains to be seen if the Sussexes decide to allow him to be photographed in South Africa--and then if they do, I'm sure there will be some criticism that he was out in public in South Africa, but not in the UK. If I recall correctly, the Cambridges were similarly criticized during their Australia tour with George.
Exactly, typically the moment to take pictures of a royal child on tour are arrival and departure and precisely those moments have already been announced as 'without cameras'. So, I am not counting on any pictures. If there are some that's would be a bonus.
  #969  
Old 09-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 460
To be honest I have seen very little evidence recently of the UK public demanding photographs of Archie. I agree there was fuss earlier but not now. Until Ellen Degeneres did her story about seeing Archie I have not seen him mentioned. So who is to blame for that.
  #970  
Old 09-10-2019, 05:32 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,386
General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
So the Sussexes should put their 4 month old on display in order to counter republican sentiment owing to something the Prime Minister has done?

That just screams entirely of pandering and I think will set the Sussexes up for further criticism. By not releasing photos willy-nilly they’re following the same precedent set by the Cambridges (who typically only release official photos a few times a year and only have the kids do a handful of public events a year) and so any criticism of “hiding” Archie they receive now can easily be dismissed with a “well, the Cambridge’s did the same.” If they start going “anti-monarchy sentiment is high, better pull out Archie” now, they set themselves up to have to use him in such a way for his whole life.

We’ve actually seen more of Archie at 4 months than we saw of George, Charlotte, or Louis at the same age.


I knew I’d get some criticism because of this and I tried to word it in the best way possible so people would try to disagree with me in a less aggressive manner. I apologise for accusing you of such, and for constantly saying this, but I’m getting a little tired of bracing myself and getting anxious about responses whenever I post an opinion. Doesn’t strike me as very fair and civil for a discussion forum - yes, you have a right to disagree, but to do so in a less pedantic manner would be much appreciated.

I think you knew that I didn’t mean ALL the time, that would be excessive. I specifically said in this *current* climax perhaps it’s what the public needs. The Sussexes don’t have to feel the need to make the public happy all the time, but us Brits have been in a funny mood regarding the monarchy over the past couple of weeks, so I feel like it would give everyone a break! You’re acting as if I said they have to state “oh, we’re posting this because we want it to be all sunshine and rainbows to stop you from blaming us for Brexit” or something on their Instagram, which I’m obviously not suggesting they should do: just a discreet photo with a normal caption. That’s all.

I admit it sounds a bit silly but the truth is that Meghan and Harry are public figures and have helped the royal family gain a lot of younger fans and other fans who may not have been so interested before Meghan came into the scene. Call me a Meghan lover, naïve or whatever, but it’s true - I can speak from personal experience as a younger person with friends who hated the BRF beforehand but have now become more interested in the whole of the Windsor’s because they feel more relatable towards them because of Meghan. Whilst it wouldn’t stamp out every anti monarchist as everyone has a right to opinions, I do think a photo such as the one I described would boost Sussex PR. That’s all I was trying to say with my bad explaining.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #971  
Old 09-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I'm glad she's able to support her friends, maintain them, and be there for her friends for their huge career moments. I'm glad the royal life isn't preventing her from being a loyal, supportive, present friend. This wasn't just a tennis match. It was a huge moment to Serena, and I loved that Meghan was able to travel to support her.

I absolutely agree with you Coco.

I also don't see that H&M have done anything wrong this summer. I find it wrong for anyone to criticize these private plane flights when no one knows the details about these flights.

Such as the private plane may have been carrying a load anyway to the same destination or on route.
I find it very unfair the constant critcizism when ALL the details are unknown and neither should they be.

I hope they thoroughly enjoyed their summer.
  #972  
Old 09-10-2019, 06:07 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 313
I’m British and very much respect Harry & Meghan’s choice on how much they want to show their baby in public. If people would pay attention to actual project work, they’d see the positive & helpful work the Sussexes are doing. If one ignores tabloid nonsense & pay attention to the actual charities, it’s easy to see the impactful work.

It was amazing to see Prince Harry today, celebrating the 5th anniversary & amazing success of The Invictus Games and all that it has done to help service people and their families from around the world.

Meghan will be back with a public engagement on Thursday with a terrific project helping women get back into the workforce, while also boosting sales for local retailers; a positive affect for many others, young & old, near & far. And much appreciated, especially in this climate of instability.
  #973  
Old 09-10-2019, 07:17 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The british public has not seen much of him, either. In the current anti-climate of the royal watcher press it does not help that varous celebrity friends tell their insider tale and defend the couple on every opportunity. Sometimes
'keep quiet' is a better approach but I guess H&M exactly like it like that. Their closeness to celebrity culture is the biggest problem going forward, IMO.
I have always thought that friends of royals are supposed to keep their mouths shut. The celebrities surrounding M & H don't seem to be able to do that. Also, the friends of royals are usually so discrete that the public hardly knows who they are. If M & H truly want privacy then I would think they would not want Ellen talking about her visit with them, since it was a private visit. Maybe they don't like that she did, but given the celebrities who have already defended them, you would think that they would have gotten the word out to their celebrity friends to cease talking about them.
  #974  
Old 09-10-2019, 07:21 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I have always thought that friends of royals are supposed to keep their mouths shut. The celebrities surrounding M & H don't seem to be able to do that. Also, the friends of royals are usually so discrete that the public hardly knows who they are. If M & H truly want privacy then I would think they would not want Ellen talking about her visit with them, since it was a private visit. Maybe they don't like that she did, but given the celebrities who have already defended them, you would think that they would have gotten the word out to their celebrity friends to cease talking about them.
Friends have spoken out on behalf of the royals many times a host of documentaries will show that.
  #975  
Old 09-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,847
As far as friends of the Royals not supposed to talk...we have seen that this does happen (Charles's friends, Diana's friends etc etc) so hardly anything new.



LaRae
  #976  
Old 09-10-2019, 08:33 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,360
I dont see how Ellen is any different then Rodger Federer discussing giving George a tennis lesson and how he is a natural at it. David Beckham has made comments about the Cambridges as future parents. Certainly the Sussexes are not the only one whose famous friends have talked about them.

Quote:
Now I know its totally off the wall and probably never will happen but I'd love to see a photo of Archie in a little dashiki. That would be so cute!

We'll see what happens. I'm starting to look forward to this tour.
I doubt we will see them in any cultural clothes unless a gift from the country they visit. Archie and his parents included.
  #977  
Old 09-11-2019, 04:29 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The british public has not seen much of him, either. In the current anti-climate of the royal watcher press it does not help that varous celebrity friends tell their insider tale and defend the couple on every opportunity. Sometimes
'keep quiet' is a better approach but I guess H&M exactly like it like that. Their closeness to celebrity culture is the biggest problem going forward, IMO.
Celebrities have ALWAYS told their insider tales about meeting the royals. It's not only reserved to Meghan and Harry. Ed Sheeran told on graham norton about Bea "knighting" him. Sport players have talked about meeting Will. The royals have ALWAYS been tied to celebrities. If it annoys people, that celebrities have positive things to say about Harry and Meghan, well that's just tough.

And the British public has seen as much of Archie as they did of other royal babies when they were 4 months old.
  #978  
Old 09-11-2019, 04:56 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
As far as friends of the Royals not supposed to talk...we have seen that this does happen (Charles's friends, Diana's friends etc etc) so hardly anything new.



LaRae
In the two examples you have used it caused untold problems. Having friends speaking out doesn't help anybody. Private should mean private.
  #979  
Old 09-11-2019, 04:56 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6,998
Absolutely, Cocoasneeze. The Beckhams and Roger Federer are known to be close to the Cambridges. Eddie Redmayne is as well. Emma Thompson has spoken about her friendship with Prince Charles several times.

Besides which, Meghan was an actress and knew other people in the business. People tend to keep up with others in the same profession. She would hardly be likely to hang with a lot of librarians, chefs or construction workers instead, would she?
  #980  
Old 09-11-2019, 05:10 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 460
Royalty for generations has mixed with the arts, film and theatre stars, nowadays we call it celebrity. It opened up the world away from the palace,What we need to do is differentiate between true long standing friendships and aquaintances. IMO the close true friends do not speak out, regardless of what walk of life they are from. By the very nature of their role, the royals need to trust the people closest to them, so whether it is from the world of celebrity or business or whatever, they might be known to be friends but will not talk about it. Maybe I should qualify that by saying talking about it in any depth.
Could any of us list the queens personal friends....do we have any idea who they are!
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 13 (0 members and 13 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
alqasimi archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy belgian royal family birthday celebration charles of wales chittagong cht clarence house countess of snowdon cover-up crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria crusades danish history denmark duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch dutch history dutch royal family felipe vi future games germany henry v hill historical drama house of bourbon house of glucksburg house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau house of saxe-coburg and gotha jerusalem jumma kent languages list of rulers lithuanian castles mail marriage mbs monarchism northern ireland norway norwegian royal family official visit palaces palestine popularity prince charles prince harry prince of wales romanov family royal tour shakespeare snowdon spain spanish royal startling new evidence state visit sweden swedish history swedish royal family tracts trump united kingdom usa


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×