The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 08:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Meghan leaves for New York on commercial airline to cheer on her friend Serena Williams at the US Open
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iams-play.html

What I learned from this article is that Serena Williams booked a seat for her finale. All else is just hearsay and a way to bring up all the other nonsense as well. Honestly, I could have lived without knowing about this article. Or, as they say: pics or it didn't happen.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

IF she's there watching, we will see pics.

LaRae

Old 09-06-2019, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

I won't be surprised if she flew out to see this historic match for her friend. If she is there we will all know tomorrow (or today is she is spotted landing.) Either way good on her. Rooting for Serena.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:48 AM
Majesty

Hopefully she’ll cheer for Bianca Andreescu as well. The first Canadian woman to reach a US Open finals.

Canada has a royal family, America doesn’t.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:15 AM
Majesty

Canada, and Australia, have the Queen as Head of State. We in the realms don't have a royal family of our own.

Meghan and Serena are close friends. And as an Aussie I have to say I haven't particularly noticed members of the royal family loudly barracking for Australia when England is playing Australia in rugby or cricket and they are present.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:24 AM
Majesty

I have no issues with her being friends with Serena or cheering for her. I did say ‘as well’ when referring to Bianca. The way Andreescu is playing of late she may just beat Serena.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:26 AM
Majesty

Good. I hope it's a great contest.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:29 AM
Courtier

We are so easily goaded, it's amazing. No way Meghan is leaving her 4-month old baby to fly overseas overnight for a tennis match, best friend or not. - and I really hope I'm right.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
We are so easily goaded, it's amazing. No way Meghan is leaving her 4-month old baby to fly overseas overnight for a tennis match, best friend or not.
Why not? This is a major deal for her friend. I would be there if I could. Archie is in capable hands with his father (and nanny). Meghan can travel like any other parent. I hope she is there.

Wishing for a great match. Both have been playing amazing as of late.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
We are so easily goaded, it's amazing. No way Meghan is leaving her 4-month old baby to fly overseas overnight for a tennis match, best friend or not. - and I really hope I'm right.

Why?

Whilst I donít believe the story itself, if Meghan was going Iíd literally see nothing wrong with it. Mums need time to themselves and this is a great opportunity for Meghan to both relax and keep her mind occupied.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

It’s very hard to be away from a baby, even for a few hours, regardless of how worthy or entertaining the purpose.

And it wouldn’t be very relaxing, because it’s impossible not to think constantly about your baby.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-06-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Itís very hard to be away from a baby, even for a few hours, regardless of how worthy or entertaining the purpose.

And it wouldnít be very relaxing, because itís impossible not to think constantly about your baby.
Yes, it is hard, but working women are forced to it every day here in the U.S., and much sooner than 4 months.

A mother leaving her child - even for an overnight - is neither rare nor wrong.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I agree, katie.c wholeheartedly. I would even say, from experience, that getting away even if just for overnight is a welcomed blessing. Constant care of an infant can be very demanding day in and day out on the mother and she needs a breather. I'm sure Archie will be just fine for a while without his mama.

BTW: Welcome to TRF!
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It's actually healthy to get time away from your child, and even healthier to have time for yourself with friends. It makes a person feel like their own person, not just a parent/wife/husband, but it gives you meaning outside of that baby/family bubble.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well it would seem that in the tour briefing today the correspondents asked about Meghan’s trip and it was confirmed. She paid for it privately.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:22 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
It's actually healthy to get time away from your child, and even healthier to have time for yourself with friends. It makes a person feel like their own person, not just a parent/wife/husband, but it gives you meaning outside of that baby/family bubble.
Yes! This is something we often forget. We all need a little time for ourselves to do as little or as much as we want.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

How great that mom get a little break and father & son have some time together.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-06-2019, 06:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

How odd to think a mom couldn't or wouldn't be able to go off and leave her baby with it's father (and childcare) for a couple days. Working women do this every single day.

LaRae
Old 09-06-2019, 06:32 PM
Nobility

I am sure Archie will be fine, and yes she will have a little ache in her heart for him and will run in the door when she gets home. All healthy stuff.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Majesty

I've had three children and any break, wedding of friends, camping trip, dinners out etc that I could get when they were babies was really really welcome.

I can remember Sarah leaving six week old Beatrice to go on a Royal tour of Canada with Prince Andrew in 1988. She was severely criticised by the media at the time for doing so but it doesn't seem to have affected her relationship with Beatrice any.

Meghan will be back on Sunday. I'm sure Archie will be perfectly content with having Daddy time and with his nanny too. His daily routine won't be disrupted.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry