General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then that someone (or organisation) ought to be outed and very severely censored IMO. It was clearly intended to have an effect and cause controversy.

If enjoying Archie’s first Christmas with him without formality and so on is the driving force for Christmas in Canada, then we can expect Harry to never again attend a Christmas at Sandringham. Because quite frankly, Archie is too young this year to know it is Christmas. Next year or the year after would be more meaningful to Archie.

I think it was more wanting to spend a Christmas with friends who are like sisters and probably Doria. I never expected them to have Christmas at Doria’s in L.A.

Last edited:
Such a shame that someone so heartless would go and mess with such a beautiful Christmas card from the Sussexes.

I hope they’re enjoying themselves and drinking lots of thick Hot Chocolate.

:previous: ... and don't forget the miniature marshmallows!

There are all kinds of people in this world with an agenda to spread negativity and discord and unrest. We just don't need to allow them rent free space in our heads and hearts especially during the holiday season.

Wherever the Sussexes are, I'm sure their holidays are going to be meaningful to them. That, really, is all that matters.

The picture in that link isn't the same as the picture posted by the commonwealth trust. Someone (clearly not Sussex Royal) took the photo from the commonwealth trust, photoshopped a much clearer photo of Meghan's face in, and then somehow got it distributed by PA. Open the links side by each and the photoshopping will be obvious.

Original: Doctored: https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...itted-monday-picture-id1190441169?s=2048x2048

Thanks for clarifying!

It’s pathetic that an organization like PA would distribute a photoshopped picture. But not surprised this created stuff like the Daily Mail article. Of course they issued a kill notice because they were liable.

The picture is exactly the same. Let’s be honest. You can see photoshopping in Meghan’s cheek in original photo from Commonwealth Trust.

What a dramatic turn of events, lol. They retracting after being called out!

The picture is exactly the same. Let’s be honest. You can see photoshopping in Meghan’s cheek in original photo from Commonwealth Trust.

What a dramatic turn of events, lol. They retracting after being called out!

The photo is designed for decreasing focus. Archie, Meghan, Harry. As a a study in perspective it is great but again...

In the doctored photo Meghan's eyes are more open than in the original shot.

The question is, who and why.

Bravo Janina for pointing out a home truth and sticking up for your friend. It was a lovely photo of a cute baby and his proud parents. Who would want to cheapen that!

Janina called out the press over her photograph.

It really is a shame they took something so sweet and made it into nonsense. Forever proving them right for going about their lawsuit.

I noticed on Omid Scobie's Twitter when he showed the Sussex card there is a copyright mark at the bottom of the picture

It says copyright symbol 2019 Sussex Royal. When have royal Christmas cards have copyright marks? Given the current lawsuit I can't believe DM would be this careless. The reporter who did the story and the editor who signed off on the publishing of it just gave a Christmas present to the lawyers representing Meghan in her lawsuit against DM.

Last edited:
Home is where you hang your heart and a lot of Meghan's heart was hung in Canada over the years. What defines "family" is the relationships themselves and not the biological bloodline. We're allowed to make and structure our own families exactly how we want them to be. ?

If I remember correctly there is a couple of discussions in both this forum and other platforms which are about Meghan is an American but she spent so many times in Canada and it's her second home. And now when she celebrates the Christmas with her love one in her second home it becomes a problem:innocent:.

Regarding the fake edited photo: Well, what can you expect from Daily Fail? With such reputation in the industry they are frankly not innocent.

I don’t know who exactly did it, but we know why. It was done to mess with Meghan. I keep telling y’all that there are people out there who’s out to ruin Meghan - especially that damn Daily Fail.

If H&M actually feel that spending a few days with HM and the rest of the family at Christmas will stop Archie being a baby, then perhaps H&M really need to evaluate their relationship with the royal family, and all things royal. Surely Archie is not the first baby to be born to the royal family, and not the last. The others seem to cope quite all right to my knowledge.
Since all of this is pure speculation I find myself shaking my head. The reason that the Sussexes would not be at Sandringham were quite clear and nothing was ever mentioned about how children are treated at Sandringham. The Sussexes were taking time out and it turns out that they are/were in Canada.

I love the christmas feeling of this card :) finally a christmas tree in the BRF ;)
Very cute Archie in a center stage position.
I noticed that too, the first actual Christmasy Card and a GIF no less. It is sweet and Harry and Meghan look the epitome of doting parents which is just as it should be.

I was thrilled when I woke up early this Christmas morning and decided to check out the Christmas news. Imagine my shock at what was such a sweet start to the day turning into an ugly and adversarial nightmare. I stopped reading and went down to have breakfast and watch a little Christmas music on YouTube.

It was wonderful to log back in this evening to find it gone and was lovely to see larger versions of the real deal, but I couldn't help but wonder what the DM was doing and how so many were sucked in. Some do some don't.

It has been a quiet but lovely Christmas Day and I hope yours all are as well. :poinsettia:

Cute picture of Archie and the family photo is fine on social media. It shows a baby allowed to be a baby. Sandringham is so formal and the kids are relegated to a room with a nanny. The Sussexes may have wanted Archie to experience his first Christmas in a less formal setting.

If H&M actually feel that spending a few days with HM and the rest of the family at Christmas will stop Archie being a baby, then perhaps H&M really need to evaluate their relationship with the royal family, and all things royal. Surely Archie is not the first baby to be born to the royal family, and not the last. The others seem to cope quite all right to my knowledge.

Since all of this is pure speculation I find myself shaking my head. The reason that the Sussexes would not be at Sandringham were quite clear and nothing was ever mentioned about how children are treated at Sandringham. The Sussexes were taking time out and it turns out that they are/were in Canada.

Just to get the context right, my post (#1329) was in response to the post by Madame Verseau in post 1327.

Happy Christmas!!

There was a young woman on Twitter who admitted to doctoring the photo to make it HD for fan sites. She said her program didn’t recognize Harry, leaving him blurry. The explanation didn’t make any sense, but she seemed sincere and very sorry to have contributed to the negativity.

The image was cute and shouldn’t have been altered. Archie was the center of attention and that’s how it should have remained.

There was a young woman on Twitter who admitted to doctoring the photo to make it HD for fan sites. She said her program didn’t recognize Harry, leaving him blurry. The explanation didn’t make any sense, but she seemed sincere and very sorry to have contributed to the negativity.

The image was cute and shouldn’t have been altered. Archie was the center of attention and that’s how it should have remained.

Interesting that it was a fan, and done with no ill intention. However, she should have known better--you don't mess with stuff like this without the risk of huge blowback.

Last edited:
It is a mountain over a mole hill. Not helped by the actual photographer accusing the Daily Mail. Absolutely ridiculous and who quite frankly cares.

Awwww, if that's true, I'm so sorry for her - she probably feels terrible causing this whole thing. Something innocent turning into a huge mess... Though it's hard for me to believe the tabloids picked the doctored photo on accident, really :whistling:

What is a bit worrying, I really thought the Sussexes' group of friends finally stopped publicly jumping into their defence, but it's apparently still a thing. I don't understand how can they not see it's not helping at all. Not to mention causing more misery to an innocent girl, who probably feels bad enough without it.

I don’t know who exactly did it, but we know why. It was done to mess with Meghan. I keep telling y’all that there are people out there who’s out to ruin Meghan - especially that damn Daily Fail.
Apparently it was a fan, trying to make Meghan be in focus. Misguided but not with evil intent.

What is a bit worrying, I really thought the Sussexes' group of friends finally stopped publicly jumping into their defence, but it's apparently still a thing. I don't understand how can they not see it's not helping at all. Not to mention causing more misery to an innocent girl, who probably feels bad enough without it.

Well quite. It is adding to the general toxicity. I mean bless them this has nothing to do with Harry and Meghan but between the debate and the friends outburst I just felt like why does everything erupt in a drama. It is indicative of the general lay of the land.

Well, honestly, when your work is claimed as fake and used as a nasty attack against a loved one... can you blame her? The Fail is trash. Nothing new. They ending 2019 like they started. 2020 will be no different.

Overall people mostly looked at a cute family picture.

Well, honestly, when your work is claimed as fake and used as a nasty attack against a loved one... can you blame her? The Fail is trash. Nothing new. They ending 2019 like they started. 2020 will be no different.

Overall people mostly looked at a cute family picture.

As Daniel Radcliffe but it. They are the Bastian of enlightenment. But they are who they are and actually this wasn't their fault. And yes I would expect anyone in the immediate circle of anyone hyper famous to keep quiet.

Last edited:
I think Janina's standing up for her own photograph was warranted. Its not in defense of Meghan so much as its being peeved that someone doctored and published her photograph. Its why the copyright was added to it. Any royal photographer would have done exactly the same thing and to prevent it, they add watermarks to their photos to prevent it.

We even have rules here that prevents us from embedding photos in our posts that may be copyrighted. We just link to them and that gives the photographer his/her due. ?

Why oh why absolutely everything is so complicated with the Sussexes, even the most random Christmas card ...
Sheesh.

As Daniel Radcliffe but it. They are the Bastian of enlightenment. But they are who they are and actually this wasn't their fault. And yes I would expect anyone in the immediate circle of anyone hyper famous to keep quiet.

Janina is her own person and they were attacking HER in a way. Using her name in articles against her loved one. It is her right and to expect people to allows lies about them is silly. She was respectful against the nonsense.

Why oh why absolutely everything is so complicated with the Sussexes, even the most random Christmas card ...
Sheesh.

Mostly cause some always work overtime to spite them. This sweet Christmas card turned into silliness because of that. The usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daily Mail just walked back their story on Photoshop-gate

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...r-releases-original-Christmas-photograph.html

My guess is once the lady came forward to the photoshop (with no ill intent) and the copyright mark on the original was noticed and Janina the photographer raised a stink, editors may have realized they stepped into a legal mess and went into damage control. This was fast for DM on a Meghan story. If DM just ran the original card only and not the doctored one to get clicks it wouldn't have egg on its face now. (Although it still tries to claim it was not suggested Harry or Meghan edited the photo.) Sometimes it is necessary to make a fuss to set things right.

Last edited:
Bravo Janina for pointing out a home truth and sticking up for your friend. It was a lovely photo of a cute baby and his proud parents. Who would want to cheapen that!

It is a mountain over a mole hill. Not helped by the actual photographer accusing the Daily Mail. Absolutely ridiculous and who quite frankly cares.
Certainly, Bravo Janina for taking a stand when her work is tampered with resulting in the subjects of said photo being attacked vociferously both by the DM and online. It was Janina's integrity along with Harry and Meghan's that were harmed by this act thoughtless act.

Sheesh.
I feel your exasperation, but unfortunately, haters hate and are very creative with their attacks. For me, the question remains, how did the fake image end up being the one used by the DM et al. It is one hell of a serendipitous 'innocent action' for said haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom