The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

The Sussex drama was driven by outside forces for the most part. Unless they have committed crimes the attention is for profits.

Old 08-31-2019, 07:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Have to say i agree with that opinion, especially:

Numerous times, I find myself roaring at the television, “For the love of God, if you want everyone to stop talking, then stop giving everyone things to talk about.”
So... they shouldn't do anything at all? Because the tabloids and the rest of the crowd that follows them for the sole purpose of hate-mongering will inevitably continue to problematise everything they do.

Old 08-31-2019, 08:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Numerous times, I find myself roaring at the television, “For the love of God, if you want everyone to stop talking, then stop giving everyone things to talk about.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
So... they shouldn't do anything at all? Because the tabloids and the rest of the crowd that follows them for the sole purpose of hate-mongering will inevitably continue to problematise everything they do.
And if they did nothing the tabloids would complain about that....
Old 08-31-2019, 08:16 AM
Nobility

Completely disagree with “if you want everyone to stop talking, then stop giving everyone things to talk about”. Typical victim blaming, it’s like saying, ‘you’re weak, so it’s your fault I abused you’.

The Sussexes haven’t been seen together this week, but that didn’t stop unreliable media from spreading false info that they were at a local pub, that they had travelled to Ibiza, Balmoral’ etc. The same unreliable media that have already published articles saying Meghan has visited Balmoral previously, are now saying that she’ll be going on her 1st visit.

The Sussexes are not the problem, bullying for profits is the problem!
Old 08-31-2019, 08:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

That's so completely unfair. How can Sussexes stop giving everyone things to talk about, when if they aren't even seen, the press makes things up about them. There has been endless articles about the 'vegan paint' Frogmore cottage was allegedly painted with. There were endless articles about Meghan's nail polish for goodness sake. Right now, EVERYTHING they do or don't do becomes an article and then a discussion topic for weeks.
Old 08-31-2019, 08:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I will be so relieved when the silly summer season is finally over with. Its been sillier than usual this year. Take the various reports out of the equation and basically, we'd have absolutely nothing to talk about right now. We could be writing a book or gardening or baking apple pies or even walking the dog. Dogs are always on the wrong side of the door y'know.

Once the summer hiatus is over and duties and engagements start up again, we'll have concrete and credible things to follow and talk about. It can't come too soon for me. I'm happy they have their downtime and private time as its hard to come by sometimes in the royal world but it makes the rest of the world go a wee bit bonkers.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 08-31-2019, 08:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post

I have yet to see the Duchess "broadcasting her daddy issues via open letters" - I so hate it when papers of completely different couleurs still work together to get down of a person who did nothing in my eyes to deserve this. For who is to trust then when it comes to information?
Old 08-31-2019, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Meghan literally shut a car door. One of the most normal things on the planet to do and it was major international breaking news for DAYS. So this concept of them needing to learn to be "boring" is a little off the mark. It is not them making things a big deal. Far from it.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Some folks still don’t get it. Harry and Meghan aren’t the problem. The outside forces are the problem. They’re trying to encourage others to think the couple are the problem. They’re not.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-31-2019, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness

I believe that, at times, they could better manage official info.

But the problem is that even when they ARE clear, the media just ignores that and runs with whatever narrative they want.

This is all part of an effort to otherize Meghan. Everything she does, hasn't done, or MAY do is blown up to ludicrous proportions and what may otherwise be a perfectly normal thing for a BRF member now becomes this whole production. That is not actually Meghan's fault. That is the media's fault. But it is an intentional strategy to get people to see her as "other" and to hate on her.

So the Guardian piece (a rare one from them that lacks all nuance) is so far off the mark IMO. Meghan (and Harry) literally can do nothing right for some.

I am looking forward to seeing what the Sussex fall schedule looks like. I am hoping for another Sussex Day and for several day aways. Just anything of substance beyond these mindless hot takes.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:31 AM
Serene Highness

It was just announced, that Charles has joined forces to design a clothing line, but according to this article, Meghan doing so is absolutely unroyal and attention seeking.

This article distorts facts and then uses those distorted facts to trash Meghan.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

And then the article ends saying Harry and Meghan need to lay low and be unseen for a year? I would love to see the commentary from folk if they were to actually do that.

I can see the front pages now.

This is not a piece about anything they have done. Just sounds like people want them gone which is actually not a new take. Many make it clear they don't think Meghan belongs. Glad she just confirmed it.

Also did she really called Meghan "uppity" in this piece? Sigh.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing for sure is that no matter what happens or what is printed whether it be positive or negative, its keeping the Sussexes on the radar and in the minds of a *lot* of people out there. The up side of it all is that when they do something like a cookbook, or the Invictus Games or Smart Works or Well Child (the list is endless), a *lot* of people hear about it and that's good for support and donations which is what the Sussexes are striving to bring to our attention.

That, m'friends, is the silver lining to the dark clouds of negativity.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 08-31-2019, 11:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I've always wanted to try some of their bakes - I don't blame you! I need to stop by when I'm next in the area.

Prepare yourself for a sugar rush. What I had was extremely sweet.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let’s move on from the discussion about Meghan and Harry’s relationship with the media. Please remember the Sussex forum rule.

• The media is now no longer a topic of discussion. All comments on royal reporters, journalists, media outlets, or any comments with the intention of making the media the topic of discussion instead of the content of the article will be removed immediately by the moderating team

Further discussions about the media/tabloids and their coverage of the Sussexes will be deleted.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
It was just announced, that Charles has joined forces to design a clothing line, but according to this article, Meghan doing so is absolutely unroyal and attention seeking.

This article distorts facts and then uses those distorted facts to trash Meghan.
Did she design it, or is she promoting on behalf of the charity.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
There is such a thing as context. Do you not see how a man who has dedicated 50+ years to the often humdrum service of the monarchy clearly stepping out of his comfort zone to design clothing is a very different proposition to a woman who, rightly or wrongly, has been portrayed as spending her short time as a royal enjoying mostly fun, fashion- and celebrity-based projects?

A person can both believe it is unroyal and attention-seeking FOR MEGHAN to do her project, and not have an objection to Charles doing the same thing, without being a hypocrite.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

As they say - you can't buy a good reputation, you must earn it.

Comparing a new member of the RF to someone with decades of experience is impossible.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
There is such a thing as context. Do you not see how a man who has dedicated 50+ years to the often humdrum service of the monarchy clearly stepping out of his comfort zone to design clothing is a very different proposition to a woman who, rightly or wrongly, has been portrayed as spending her short time as a royal enjoying mostly fun, fashion- and celebrity-based projects?

A person can both believe it is unroyal and attention-seeking FOR MEGHAN to do her project, and not have an objection to Charles doing the same thing, without being a hypocrite.
Tbh, I think that excuse stinks. Meghan joining forces to design a clothing line to support Smart Works, her actual patronage, has no more to do with celebrity that Charles' joining forces to design a clothing line. Meghan's projects have had nothing to do with celebrity. I mean, the Hubb kitchen cookbook. Her patronages have nothing to do with celebrities.

And this notion, that suddenly royals can't enjoy the work they do, while supporting great causes, imho is just weird. The horror, that royal work can be fun and the royal likes doing it all.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Tbh, I think that excuse stinks. Meghan joining forces to design a clothing line to support Smart Works, her actual patronage, has no more to do with celebrity that Charles' joining forces to design a clothing line. Meghan's projects have had nothing to do with celebrity. I mean, the Hubb kitchen cookbook. Her patronages have nothing to do with celebrities.

And this notion, that suddenly royals can't enjoy the work they do, while supporting great causes, imho is just weird. The horror, that royal work can be fun and the royal likes doing it all.
It’s ridiculous the amount of excuses people come up with to criticize Meghan’s work. Thank goodness she is true to herself & continues to do the great work she did before she became a member of BRF & has expanded it. Amazing to see what has been accomplished with this larger platform in such a short space of time.

So glad for all the charities & companies that are accomplishing even greater things since being supported by Harry & Meghan.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry