The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 05:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I completely agree. But coming just after all the negative press around private planes and big spending on home repairs and designer clothing, one cannot help but think that this might be part of a PR campaign. This is especially so as H&M appear not to have been sighted often at country pubs or restaurants previously.
Tbh, I don't think Meghan and Harry are as worried about this negative press as people might think they are. There has been three years worth of it, and I haven't seen them change the way they've done things based on negative press.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I completely agree. But coming just after all the negative press around private planes and big spending on home repairs and designer clothing, one cannot help but think that this might be part of a PR campaign. This is especially so as H&M appear not to have been sighted often at country pubs or restaurants previously.
Or maybe just maybe people at Windsor give them their space and don't snap pictures and run to tabloids whenever the are out on the town, hence justifying their decision to settle there. When Ellen Came to their defense, she said they had met at Windsor. I remember reading a post on twitter of a woman saying she had seen Harry Meghan Ellen and Portia in a pub in Windsor. Back then the poster was ridiculed and accused of being a liar and that it could not be true. It turns out month later according to Ellen's post that this woman was actually telling the truth

Old 08-28-2019, 06:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
Or maybe just maybe people at Windsor give them their space and don't snap pictures and run to tabloids whenever the are out on the town, hence justifying their decision to settle there. When Ellen Came to their defense, she said they had met at Windsor. I remember reading a post on twitter of a woman saying she had seen Harry Meghan Ellen and Portia in a pub in Windsor. Back then the poster was ridiculed and accused of being a liar and that it could not be true. It turns out month later according to Ellen's post that this woman was actually telling the truth
Yeah, there have been other Twitter sightings previously too in local pubs.

I like that the local people respect their privacy and don't sell every sighting to the tabloids.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
at least william is not delivering a speech about climate change in the star studded, extra exclusive google camp (all of whom are flying there in private jets...) and then jetting off on his own holiday in ibiza a few weeks later also via private jet himself

in the meantime, it seems that H&M relocated permanently to frogmore cottage. have they given up their cotswolds house? i remember there were concerns regarding security following some papps taking photos of the house. i wonder how they dealt with frogmore cottage security as from memory the only pictures that surfaced from the outside seem to be taken from a public footpath just outside... (maybe i am wrong, and they were taken from a more protected location inside the grounds of frogmore, which is not open to visitors most of the year anyway)
Pictures are better than word
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...51628847325185
. This was the speech in which he urged Africans to control their population rate for wildlife while he still hunts, his wife was pregnant with their 3rd child and They takes dozens of helicopter trips from Amber Hall to KP in a year. But but but only H&M "lecture" about the environment

As for their home in the costwolds, they were forced to leave it for security reasons. They sued the tabloids that flew helicopter to photograph the interior, invading their privacy, and they won it court, and this has been wildly reported
Old 08-28-2019, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
Yep.

I remember when that lady tweeted that. She explained she had saw them walk into her pub. Many didn't believe her. As for Emily's exclusive. I take anything she says with a grain of salt especially after her last one was proven to be completely wrong. That said... I am glad they seem to be able to enjoy their new town with some privacy. As they should like everyone else.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
That isn't actually true. They have visited this particular pub several times. There have been folks on Twitter in early August and in June, most recently, who talked about seeing them there.

But going back several months, there have been sightings of them at various pubs and restaurants in the area. The media just doesn't report on it.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

The royals get out and enjoy local places a lot. Remember, Harry and Meghan did a lot of this while dating too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-28-2019, 10:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
As cozy as home can be, making roast chicken together in the kitchen loses its romantic appeal after a while. All families like to take outings and go places and eat out and generally take a respite from the ordinary, everyday life at home. Its not breaking news that Harry and Meghan are any different.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 08-28-2019, 10:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Could it be something they do every now and then and are usually left alone to enjoy their meal? Not everything they do has an ulterior motive to it.
This is very true. Not everything they do has an ulterior motive to it. But I feel like we need to apply this across the board to other royals as well given the accusations flying around this week about ulterior motives from every couple/side.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:33 PM
Nobility

Harry (and William and the rest of the royals) have always been seen, reported, photographed in the local pubs and shops of the places they live. There was more than the occasional accusation of underage drinking in Highgrove as well as the weed scandal etc. Think about the front pages Kate as Kate Middleton made shopping in her local Waitrose on Anglesey, yet it was made clear it wasn't a one time photo op.

I do love Princess Anne but she and her husband are in a far different position. Unless she's literally canoodling with a 30 male underwear model or drunk dancing on the table or shooting someone for beating her in the pub darts competition, no one's going to care what they get up to, whereas every little article on Harry and Meghan generates a lot of clickbait. Though she has had scandals herself. Harry and Meghan have tried telling the press to bugger off and not only did they not comply we had months of whining about the "sacred right of the press and GBP to see an exhausted new mother and bundle of blankets on the steps of the Lindo Wing" and the words "Christening" and "Godparents" came up so much I'm shocked it wasn't a C of E advertising campaign.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well other reporters contacted the pub and they said the visit never occurred. So either the one correspondent got her info wrong (again) or they protecting their clientele (possible). Although doesn’t explain all the quotes.

But again not surprising that royals do things “just like us!”
Old 08-29-2019, 08:57 AM
Courtier

I saw Luminary bakery today at Borough market. I can now confirm that what they have tastes excellent. I had to try of course. All for the greater good. 😇
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5B8AD172-597F-4571-8DAA-438FADA361AE.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	301851  
Old 08-29-2019, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I saw Luminary bakery today at Borough market. I can now confirm that what they have tastes excellent. I had to try of course. All for the greater good. 😇
Oh how lovely! My next worktrip to London I will have to make sure to stop by too
Old 08-29-2019, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Of course! It was your duty!
Old 08-29-2019, 08:43 PM
Nobility

Just changing the subject completely, if Harry and Meghan want to do the right thing by climate change, why doesn't Harry do some thing like Pierre Casiraghi ( Princess Caroline's son) with Greta Thunberg.......great effort guys
Old 08-29-2019, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrann View Post
Just changing the subject completely, if Harry and Meghan want to do the right thing by climate change, why doesn't Harry do some thing like Pierre Casiraghi ( Princess Caroline's son) with Greta Thunberg.......great effort guys
Cross the ocean and fly back with part of the crew from the States and have other crew members fly to the States for Greta Thunberg's publicity stunt?!

She admitted herself that publicity was the main purpose - and she did indeed succeed in raising awareness but costing the environment much more than flying herself would have; which she accepted as part of the deal.

So, I am not sure that would be such a smart move as he surely would be more heavily criticized (hypocracy!) than Pierre has been .
Old 08-30-2019, 06:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrann View Post
There are a few reasons I can think of why this wouldn't be a good idea for Harry.
  • Flying isn't the only way to 'do the right thing by climate change' no need for everyone to focus on just that method.
  • It took Greta 2 weeks just to travel one way, Harry has an infant at home he shouldn't be away from him that long unless absolutely necessary and Archie shouldn't be traveling that method at his age.
  • With all the threats and security concerns surrounding Harry/Meghan... staying in the open waters that long could be dangerous.

I honestly don't see the reason people are so upset out the private jet...other than it gives them an opportunity to complain about something Meghan was involved in. Royals have been talking about the Environment and flying privately for years and it only became an issue this year. Sometimes it is better logistically for everyone (royals and regular citizens)....if better flying/environment solutions can come from this great.
Old 08-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I've always wanted to try some of their bakes - I don't blame you! I need to stop by when I'm next in the area.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-31-2019, 06:30 AM
Nobility

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...n-to-be-boring
Old 08-31-2019, 06:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Have to say i agree with that opinion, especially:

Numerous times, I find myself roaring at the television, “For the love of God, if you want everyone to stop talking, then stop giving everyone things to talk about.”

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry