General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where they are , but they have to return to the UK and afrer their 4-5 weeks holidays , and cancel their private Chrismas because of Prince Philip 's 'Hospitalization ?

I don't know where they are , but they have to return to the UK and afrer their 4-5 weeks holidays , and cancel their private Chrismas because of Prince Philip's 'Hospitalization ?

Why would they have to cancel their holiday plans? Prince Philip has been hospitalized as a precautionary measure for a pre-existing condition, he isn't going into hospice.

I'm one that will state that I believe, honestly, that Harry and Meghan deserve the break that they're taking now for 6 weeks. This is a couple that jumped feet first into full time royal work right after their wedding, made serious inroads into specific roles and had their first child. I see this hiatus as a delayed "adjustment period".

With everything that is going on with legal cases, a new foundation and perhaps the wish to have a larger family, laying low and relaxing and just enjoying family time for a short while, they'll be regrouped, energized and refreshed to handle whatever 2020 throws at them.

I'm sure they're keeping in close contact with Sandringham and keeping tabs on Philip's health issues and if they're needed, they'll be there. I'm hoping not though and all holiday plans go on as they've been planned.

:previous:
They do not need to return to the UK. The Duke of Edinburgh was taken in as a precaution. The Dukes of Sussex are sure to be informed of everything going on, and if need be, they return to the UK.
But right now you don't have to change your plans.

I don't know where they are , but they have to return to the UK and afrer their 4-5 weeks holidays , and cancel their private Chrismas because of Prince Philip 's 'Hospitalization ?

On the day her husband is hospitalized in London, the queen still goes to sandringham so really there must be no big deal...
If anyone dare to criticize the sussex on this one, they will just have to say that they are following the Queen's example . lol

:previous: Good one and so very true!!

What a wonderful holiday party and so beautifully planned to be filled with magic, wonder, excitement and a whole lot of sleuthing to find the Queen's jewels! Kudos to these organizations that strive to be there for those children who have lost a parent in service to their crown and country.

Harry, himself, makes a perfect Santa and watching his face in the video, I could tell that he enjoyed every single minute of it. This is clearly something that was done and planned without the limelight element shining on Harry and it would have stayed that way unless the organization "Scotty's Little Soldiers" deemed to share it after the fact.

The holidays are mostly about caring, sharing, love and giving of oneself to others and Harry more than fits into Santa's shiny black boots in this case.
:santa2:

I'm sure they're being kept informed and if things take a turn for the "get back now" they'll be here. They aren't the first senior royal couple to take a break and they won't be the last, they're all in a fortunate enough position to do so if necessary.

I honestly don't think it's a sign they want to retire from public life, they have too many irons in the fire for the future, but if it was now is as good a time as any to give it a trial run.

They've done some very good things and made some stupid misteps and other things that could have been handled better in hindsight but over all I think they're an asset to the BRF. Certainly they haven't been the ones who've disgraced it. As for "putting them in their place" well, this year has certainly shown that edicts *aren't* handed down with a cast iron rod from on high and each working member has some latitude to sink or swim.

Santa Harry is just amazing. A great thing for him to do.

LOVE IT! This is why I enjoying following the Sussexes....they are genuine and creative (especially as far as the Firm goes...which is more traditional) and trying hard to spread kindness and joy to others.

"put the sussex back into their place"
waouah ... just waouah... and I was thinking that we were in the 21st century and not in Jane Austen's era.

Very sweet message from Harry :) Fun, lively, there is room for different minds in the royal family and I love it that way

The Queen didn't cancel her own plans, so I doubt Sussexes have to cancel theirs.

I wonder if they were always going to announce where they were or todays events made they decision for them..

We don't know that the little family have been in Canada for the whole six weeks break at all. They may well have been there for only the last fortnight or so. Meghan has lots of friends in Canada and I'm sure they are having a great time over there.

The family of Autumn Phillips is from Canada. Peter and Autumn Phillips were not at the Queen's Christmas lunch.
Are the Dukes of Sussex with Peter and Autumn Phillips?

The family of Autumn Phillips is from Canada. Peter and Autumn Phillips were not at the Queen's Christmas lunch.
Are the Dukes of Sussex with Peter and Autumn Phillips?

If the Phillips family is in Canada, they are more likely to be with Autumn’s family than the Sussexes.

Not surprised they are in Canada . A lot more privacy and less intrusive media. Friends in Canada and New York are nice and close. Mom and others from LA could come visit easily without drawing too much attention either. They haven’t been spotted so likely at some friends private home.

I wonder if Ivy who had a very close bond with Meghan pre wedding is enjoying meeting Meghan’s little baby. Meghan has spent previous holiday time with the Litts pre Harry, hopefully gets a chance to see them too.

Philip is only a precaution. If the queen didn’t postpone her trip to Norfolk to be with him, don’t think the Sussexes will rush back either.

Be nice if the Phillips were spending Christmas with autumns family. Like Meghan’s mom, autumns family doesn’t have easy access to the girls.

Prince Philip’s hospitalization is the only thing unusual, but I don’t know why that would require them to say where they were vacationing.
That's what I was thinking and then thought that I'd missed something else happening.

I've read speculation elsewhere that a certain tabloid had tracked the Sussexes down and was about to announce an 'exclusive' in the Sunday press. The couple were warned by friends and therefore the Palace got in first. The Sussex family is probably elsewhere in Canada now.

I've read speculation elsewhere that a certain tabloid had tracked the Sussexes down and was about to announce an 'exclusive' in the Sunday press. The couple were warned by friends and therefore the Palace got in first. The Sussex family is probably elsewhere in Canada now.

To quote fellow Canadian Margaret Atwood: "Canada is an awfully big country". Here's to "letting them enjoy the warmth of the Canadian people and the beautiful landscape". Major spoiler here: Toronto does not have a beautiful landscape so hopefully they are snugly in a Banff cottage and making Albertans think again about separation from ROC (rest of Canada). Can't wait to see the Canadian press about this Christmas gem tomorrow morning:lol:

Last edited:
To quote fellow Canadian Margaret Atwood: "Canada is an awfully big country". Here's to "letting them enjoy the warmth of the Canadian people and the beautiful landscape". Major spoiler here: Toronto does not have a beautiful landscape so hopefully they are snugly in a Banff cottage and making Albertans think again about separation from ROC (rest of Canada). Can't wait to see the Canadian press about this Christmas gem tomorrow morning:lol:

:previous:
Well, Banff is beautiful, indeed, and they can ski in pristine surroundings, but choosing British Columbia would be best of all ;)-- ski, swim, sail, surf -- and Vancouverites usually give celebrities (and royalty) a wide berth when they are really seeking privacy!

Maybe a Markle Maple Meet up .. a little Boxing Day picnic.
Would a private introduction to Meghan's side of the family be unreasonable for Archie?
Hopefully, we'll never know.

Maybe a Markle Maple Meet up .. a little Boxing Day picnic.
Would a private introduction to Meghan's side of the family be unreasonable for Archie?
Hopefully, we'll never know.

I don't think that will happen especially with Meghan's dad. Tom Sr turned over sections of a letter of Meghan's to DM that was meant to be private. He went to GMB and told about an alleged conversation with Harry about Donald Trump. If he overhear anything about Andrew and/or Philip that is not meant for public consumption he would blab to the press, or tell Samantha and she'll blab.

I don't think that an eight month old would have anything to say to Grandpa and Aunt Markle that would be worth repeating to the press.
A picnic could be arranged under surveillance - in full knowledge of Markles' loose lips.

It's unlikely, yes. We will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom