General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Respected journalist Quentin Letts tweeted: “Friend of an acquaintance was about to go riding with HMQ. Was given v firm advice. ‘Talk about anything except one subject.’ Brexit? ‘No. The Sussexes.’”:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9934533/queen-guests-talk-meghan-harry/

Yeah, right. So presumably it would have been OK to discuss Brexit or even the Prince Andrew/Epstein scandal with HMQ?

A quick look at his Wikipedia entry reveals that not everyone regards Quentin Letts as "respected."

Besides, if her HM were unhappy with the Sussexes wouldn't she let them know?

Smells like fake news to me.

:bang:

Yeah, right. So presumably it would have been OK to discuss Brexit or even the Prince Andrew/Epstein scandal with HMQ?

A quick look at his Wikipedia entry reveals that not everyone regards Quentin Letts as "respected."

Besides, if her HM were unhappy with the Sussexes wouldn't she let them know?

Smells like fake news to me.

:bang:

Prince Harry is extremely close to his grandmother and if she felt he needed some advice from her or her senior advisors, she would personally give him the advice or he would follow the advice from her most senior advisors. He has never disrespected his grandmother. The Queen is “The Boss.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
"Respected" by whom exactly?

That is a good one. But I suspect the succinct answer is, his readers.

Prince Harry is extremely close to his grandmother and if she felt he needed some advice from her or her senior advisors, she would personally give him the advice or he would follow the advice from her most senior advisors. He has never disrespected his grandmother. The Queen is “The Boss.”

I do not think he has a shortage of where he could get good advice. In addition to HM, Harry is also close to his father and his brother. He could seek their advice if he so wanted. But IMO, seeking, accepting and acting on good advice takes maturity and humility, not always around in abundance.

Last edited:
The discussion about the Sussexes and their relationship with the media has been deleted. Posts discussing Meghan and Harry installing an outdoor kitchen, has been moved to the 'Sussex Residence' thread.

The 'new photo' is over 2 months old. He may have a bit more then peach fuzz now:cool:

The Windsor male hair genes are certainly not in his favor :lol: But they usually have two decades or so of good hair before it sets in ?

But is a great photo. I love the black and white shots.

That's very sweet! I bet Doria's having a bit of a chuckle to herself about it though.

Good for them for the Sussexes for confronting the situation. I’m glad BBC apologized. That whole ordeal had to be very upsetting. Glad they were arrested.

I wonder why the BBC is apologizing now. Did the station's lawyers told them they have legal exposure?

These as some of the things that Harry and Meghan have to consider when making decisions for their family. We may not understand all the actions but there are usually good reasons behind them.

That’s very true. None of us fully understand all the reasons behind their decisions, but we have to trust the moves they make are best for their family.

I do like how Harry handled it all with the BBC. He went through the proper channels to voice his dismay over that presentation. No one was the wiser and to be honest, this is the first I've heard about it (I only get BBCAmerica). What I liked even more is that Harry was listened to and apologized to that he wasn't informed of all this before it was broadcast but the BBC still maintained its integrity of journalism and reporting on what is actually going on in this type of an organization is what they do. The public does need to be aware and informed of their world around them. The good, the bad and the ugly.

I am glad the BBC published an apology. It was sad they published such photos in the first place for the public.

.... I don't blame him for still wanting to defend his family. I will never look down at someone for doing that no matter who they are.

That said I wouldn't mind Harry talking about what he did . Though I get the feeling people will have lots to say about that if he did especially if he mentions his family and how he was brought up and the influences it had on him. He would have to be very careful with his word because that could open up more than the family would want. Which is why their words back then was very very careful.

I feel like he started to do this with his comments on race in Vogue, but I would like to see him speak more candidly. I think it would be powerful.

Meghan was seriously threatened from the moment her romance with Harry became public, Harry has been named a race traitor and Archie, an abomination, polluting the bloodline of the BRF. Such threats make it so much easier to understand Harry's almost obsessive need to protect his family and to keep Archie safe.

It explains much about the reasons he has made decisions that have caused the media and the fans to complain bitterly. Now we have to reluctantly acknowledge that while we don't like the big deal about privacy, etc. we understand and totally agree with their reasoning and, in truth, it is not much more than William and Catherine did when George was a baby.

As the BRF, the Sussexes and the Protection team get better at this (what an awful thought) I am sure they will become more seemingly relaxed and everyone will be on the same page and there will be fewer cries of foul when they tweak their security measures.

Several posts discussing comments on Harry's Nazi costume and the threats / comments about Meghan and Archie as "karma" - whichever way the word was intended - have been removed / edited as the moderators feel they add nothing to the forum, and are not a line of discussion we wish to entertain.

Good, a nice little break and a lovely wedding to attend. And then the tour. Hope we get photos of them at the wedding!

I'm glad they're able to attend their friend's wedding, and right before their tour too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom