General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just announced, that Charles has joined forces to design a clothing line, but according to this article, Meghan doing so is absolutely unroyal and attention seeking.

This article distorts facts and then uses those distorted facts to trash Meghan.

Last edited by a moderator:
And then the article ends saying Harry and Meghan need to lay low and be unseen for a year? I would love to see the commentary from folk if they were to actually do that.

I can see the front pages now.

This is not a piece about anything they have done. Just sounds like people want them gone which is actually not a new take. Many make it clear they don't think Meghan belongs. Glad she just confirmed it.

Also did she really called Meghan "uppity" in this piece? Sigh.

Last edited:
One thing for sure is that no matter what happens or what is printed whether it be positive or negative, its keeping the Sussexes on the radar and in the minds of a *lot* of people out there. The up side of it all is that when they do something like a cookbook, or the Invictus Games or Smart Works or Well Child (the list is endless), a *lot* of people hear about it and that's good for support and donations which is what the Sussexes are striving to bring to our attention.

That, m'friends, is the silver lining to the dark clouds of negativity. ;)

Let’s move on from the discussion about Meghan and Harry’s relationship with the media. Please remember the Sussex forum rule.

• The media is now no longer a topic of discussion. All comments on royal reporters, journalists, media outlets, or any comments with the intention of making the media the topic of discussion instead of the content of the article will be removed immediately by the moderating team

Further discussions about the media/tabloids and their coverage of the Sussexes will be deleted.

Last edited:
It was just announced, that Charles has joined forces to design a clothing line, but according to this article, Meghan doing so is absolutely unroyal and attention seeking.

This article distorts facts and then uses those distorted facts to trash Meghan.

Did she design it, or is she promoting on behalf of the charity.

There is such a thing as context. Do you not see how a man who has dedicated 50+ years to the often humdrum service of the monarchy clearly stepping out of his comfort zone to design clothing is a very different proposition to a woman who, rightly or wrongly, has been portrayed as spending her short time as a royal enjoying mostly fun, fashion- and celebrity-based projects?

A person can both believe it is unroyal and attention-seeking FOR MEGHAN to do her project, and not have an objection to Charles doing the same thing, without being a hypocrite.

As they say - you can't buy a good reputation, you must earn it.

Comparing a new member of the RF to someone with decades of experience is impossible.

There is such a thing as context. Do you not see how a man who has dedicated 50+ years to the often humdrum service of the monarchy clearly stepping out of his comfort zone to design clothing is a very different proposition to a woman who, rightly or wrongly, has been portrayed as spending her short time as a royal enjoying mostly fun, fashion- and celebrity-based projects?

A person can both believe it is unroyal and attention-seeking FOR MEGHAN to do her project, and not have an objection to Charles doing the same thing, without being a hypocrite.

Tbh, I think that excuse stinks. Meghan joining forces to design a clothing line to support Smart Works, her actual patronage, has no more to do with celebrity that Charles' joining forces to design a clothing line. Meghan's projects have had nothing to do with celebrity. I mean, the Hubb kitchen cookbook. Her patronages have nothing to do with celebrities.

And this notion, that suddenly royals can't enjoy the work they do, while supporting great causes, imho is just weird. The horror, that royal work can be fun and the royal likes doing it all.

Tbh, I think that excuse stinks. Meghan joining forces to design a clothing line to support Smart Works, her actual patronage, has no more to do with celebrity that Charles' joining forces to design a clothing line. Meghan's projects have had nothing to do with celebrity. I mean, the Hubb kitchen cookbook. Her patronages have nothing to do with celebrities.

And this notion, that suddenly royals can't enjoy the work they do, while supporting great causes, imho is just weird. The horror, that royal work can be fun and the royal likes doing it all.

It’s ridiculous the amount of excuses people come up with to criticize Meghan’s work. Thank goodness she is true to herself & continues to do the great work she did before she became a member of BRF & has expanded it. Amazing to see what has been accomplished with this larger platform in such a short space of time.

So glad for all the charities & companies that are accomplishing even greater things since being supported by Harry & Meghan.

I totally agree on this. She most definitely has hit the ground not only running but with running shoes on and has taken those hurdles ahead of her. She's taking to royal duties and engagements like a duck to water. And this is only the start of it all. 20 years from now, I wouldn't be surprised to see her ranking right up there with Anne and Charles as hard working royals. She's off to a good start already.

One thing I'm wondering about. I wonder if Meghan will wear at least one dashiki on her tour of Africa. I think she'd look marvelous in one. :D

Thomas Markle Sr has given an interview to the Daily Mail. He is upset he has not met Harry and Archie yet. I think he will be upset for the rest of his life.

I’m so sorry I though Mr. Markle up. He had been on my mind for a couple of days. Now, there he is with another interview.

I thought Thomas Markle knew Prince Harry.

Only through Skype, but I believe he'd like to actually meet his son-in-law in person.

Perhaps he should consider stopping the interviews with the media, the complaining and the making money from his daughter's marriage then.

I read the interview on Tom Sr and I'm sorry it's about his public image through the media. He took a swipe at Meghan and Harry about Plane gate and how they could have used a private plane to see him. I also think the Sussexes are worried Tom Sr would exploit Archie, like sell pictures of him to the media without their consent.

Last edited:
I thought Thomas Markle knew Prince Harry.

They have never met. I think that is very telling considering Harry met her mother and her close friends. Also not sure why Thomas is lying about never getting an invitation when he went on GMB and went into detail about how he was invited and how he, Harry and Meghan made arrangements for him to get to the UK.

Also he spoke to TMZ about how Meghan called him and he ignored her calls and when they finally did speak he hung up on her and Harry. Now he saying they never contacted him at all? I can't keep up with the lies. No need for it.

He has so many interviews and they are all different. The whole thing is sad but Meghan is making the best decision keeping Archie away from that nonsense. He is her priority.... not the Markles. They made their bed.

Last edited:
It is true. But neither is it with interviews that he will get what he wants.
Meghan was very hurt by her father and rightly so. Thomas misbehaved with his daughter and continues to hurt her.
Meghan is very good at protecting Archie and keeping him away from the Markles.

I have always wondered why no apparent effort was made prior to the wedding for Harry to meet Mr Markle. I could understand prior to the engagement, but once it was official there was plenty time to arrange a meeting. It could have been totally private. I just wonder if things would have been different if an early meeting had taken place.

Mr. Markle has proven to be unreliable and untrustworthy.
In the early days he chose not to listen to the couple and got in cohorts with the press.

Also he had the habit of giving interviews and sharing details of conversations.
There was no way he could be trusted with a meeting.

Mr. Markle has proven to be unreliable and untrustworthy.
In the early days he chose not to listen to the couple and got in cohorts with the press.

Also he had the habit of giving interviews and sharing details of conversations.
There was no way he could be trusted with a meeting.

I have always been under the impression that the staged photographs were the problem, I am not aware of anything re him prior to that. I was just wondering if if Mr Markle had met up in person with Harry much earlier a lot of the stuff might have been avoided. I accept it is all now too late.

I have always been under the impression that the staged photographs were the problem, I am not aware of anything re him prior to that. I was just wondering if if Mr Markle had met up in person with Harry much earlier a lot of the stuff might have been avoided. I accept it is all now too late.

That's the thing, the narration comes from Mr Markle alone, and he has changed his stories so many times already, going from "I hang up the phone on Harry while lying in the hospital bed recovering from heart surgery because Harry was yelling at me!!!" To this recent "I texted Meghan and Harry's representative from my hospital bed and they never replied me back!!!" That I am very suspicious of anything he says.

It could be, very easily, that Harry and Meghan wanted to visit him, or invited him to visit them, but each time he declined. But Mr Markle isn't going to say this in his interviews, because it doesn't make him the wronged victim.

And At this point, had he actually met Harry, he would have much more to sell to.the tabloids. And no doubt he would sell every single tidbit, with his personal, eternal victim, add ons.

Last edited:

I think it’s fairly obvious it was more like the final straw. People from her past (even the ex BFF) have spoken about their very hot and cold relationship. We even have Meghan on video right before college confirming it.

Thomas has only briefly spoken to Harry on the phone. And he went on tv and went into details about that conversation. It is pretty clear that while she loved her father she didn’t really trust him. He has shown us why. She also made a point in their engagement interview to mention Harry meeting her mother and close friends. This was also in addition to Meghan meeting the important people in Harrys life.

The fact Thomas was not included really says it a lot. We are on the outside looking in and we really have zero idea the dynamics of that relationship. Since Meghan (knowing the reaction it will cause) still continues to avoid her paternal side then we should respect it.

The Markles will continue to see coverage. It’s what they do.

The no recognition on Archie's birth announcement and no invitation to the christening are proof that the Markles are personas non grata with the BRF. With the current issues with the royals do you really think Dad wouldn't run to DM and report what allegedly he overheard or was told directly by Harry or Meghan? Markle talked about an alleged conversation between him and Harry about Trump to GMB. He's a proven loose cannon.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7414917/Thomas-Markle-asks-meet-Archie.html

If she can't pick up the phone to him; can I have him as my father; as mine walked out the door in 1956! Whereabouts unknown!

Be careful what you ask for..... look at the whole picture, it isn't just Meghan who is not in contact with him. He doesn't have relationships with his other 5 grandchildren, he doesn't have a relationship with his son ummm 7 out of 8 people don't have contact with him...he most likely is the problem.

Meghan & Harry's first priority is to make sure Archie is surrounded by people who love him and have his best interest at heart not someone who will sell his privacy to the highest bidder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom