General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. But coming just after all the negative press around private planes and big spending on home repairs and designer clothing, one cannot help but think that this might be part of a PR campaign. This is especially so as H&M appear not to have been sighted often at country pubs or restaurants previously.

Tbh, I don't think Meghan and Harry are as worried about this negative press as people might think they are. There has been three years worth of it, and I haven't seen them change the way they've done things based on negative press.

I completely agree. But coming just after all the negative press around private planes and big spending on home repairs and designer clothing, one cannot help but think that this might be part of a PR campaign. This is especially so as H&M appear not to have been sighted often at country pubs or restaurants previously.

Or maybe just maybe people at Windsor give them their space and don't snap pictures and run to tabloids whenever the are out on the town, hence justifying their decision to settle there. When Ellen Came to their defense, she said they had met at Windsor. I remember reading a post on twitter of a woman saying she had seen Harry Meghan Ellen and Portia in a pub in Windsor. Back then the poster was ridiculed and accused of being a liar and that it could not be true. It turns out month later according to Ellen's post that this woman was actually telling the truth

Or maybe just maybe people at Windsor give them their space and don't snap pictures and run to tabloids whenever the are out on the town, hence justifying their decision to settle there. When Ellen Came to their defense, she said they had met at Windsor. I remember reading a post on twitter of a woman saying she had seen Harry Meghan Ellen and Portia in a pub in Windsor. Back then the poster was ridiculed and accused of being a liar and that it could not be true. It turns out month later according to Ellen's post that this woman was actually telling the truth

Yeah, there have been other Twitter sightings previously too in local pubs.

I like that the local people respect their privacy and don't sell every sighting to the tabloids.

at least william is not delivering a speech about climate change in the star studded, extra exclusive google camp (all of whom are flying there in private jets...) and then jetting off on his own holiday in ibiza a few weeks later also via private jet himself :whistling:

in the meantime, it seems that H&M relocated permanently to frogmore cottage. have they given up their cotswolds house? i remember there were concerns regarding security following some papps taking photos of the house. i wonder how they dealt with frogmore cottage security as from memory the only pictures that surfaced from the outside seem to be taken from a public footpath just outside... (maybe i am wrong, and they were taken from a more protected location inside the grounds of frogmore, which is not open to visitors most of the year anyway)

Pictures are better than word
. This was the speech in which he urged Africans to control their population rate for wildlife while he still hunts, his wife was pregnant with their 3rd child and They takes dozens of helicopter trips from Amber Hall to KP in a year. But but but only H&M "lecture" about the environment

As for their home in the costwolds, they were forced to leave it for security reasons. They sued the tabloids that flew helicopter to photograph the interior, invading their privacy, and they won it court, and this has been wildly reported

Last edited:

Yep.

I remember when that lady tweeted that. She explained she had saw them walk into her pub. Many didn't believe her. As for Emily's exclusive. I take anything she says with a grain of salt especially after her last one was proven to be completely wrong. That said... I am glad they seem to be able to enjoy their new town with some privacy. As they should like everyone else.

That isn't actually true. They have visited this particular pub several times. There have been folks on Twitter in early August and in June, most recently, who talked about seeing them there.

But going back several months, there have been sightings of them at various pubs and restaurants in the area. The media just doesn't report on it.

The royals get out and enjoy local places a lot. Remember, Harry and Meghan did a lot of this while dating too.

As cozy as home can be, making roast chicken together in the kitchen loses its romantic appeal after a while. All families like to take outings and go places and eat out and generally take a respite from the ordinary, everyday life at home. Its not breaking news that Harry and Meghan are any different. ?

Could it be something they do every now and then and are usually left alone to enjoy their meal? Not everything they do has an ulterior motive to it. ;)

This is very true. Not everything they do has an ulterior motive to it. But I feel like we need to apply this across the board to other royals as well given the accusations flying around this week about ulterior motives from every couple/side.

Harry (and William and the rest of the royals) have always been seen, reported, photographed in the local pubs and shops of the places they live. There was more than the occasional accusation of underage drinking in Highgrove as well as the weed scandal etc. Think about the front pages Kate as Kate Middleton made shopping in her local Waitrose on Anglesey, yet it was made clear it wasn't a one time photo op.

I do love Princess Anne but she and her husband are in a far different position. Unless she's literally canoodling with a 30 male underwear model or drunk dancing on the table or shooting someone for beating her in the pub darts competition, no one's going to care what they get up to, whereas every little article on Harry and Meghan generates a lot of clickbait. Though she has had scandals herself. Harry and Meghan have tried telling the press to bugger off and not only did they not comply we had months of whining about the "sacred right of the press and GBP to see an exhausted new mother and bundle of blankets on the steps of the Lindo Wing" and the words "Christening" and "Godparents" came up so much I'm shocked it wasn't a C of E advertising campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well other reporters contacted the pub and they said the visit never occurred. So either the one correspondent got her info wrong (again) or they protecting their clientele (possible). Although doesn’t explain all the quotes.

But again not surprising that royals do things “just like us!” ;)

I saw Luminary bakery today at Borough market. I can now confirm that what they have tastes excellent. I had to try of course. All for the greater good. ?

Attachments

• 5B8AD172-597F-4571-8DAA-438FADA361AE.jpg
    5B8AD172-597F-4571-8DAA-438FADA361AE.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 161
I saw Luminary bakery today at Borough market. I can now confirm that what they have tastes excellent. I had to try of course. All for the greater good. ?

Oh how lovely! My next worktrip to London I will have to make sure to stop by too :flowers:

Of course! It was your duty! :flowers:

Just changing the subject completely, if Harry and Meghan want to do the right thing by climate change, why doesn't Harry do some thing like Pierre Casiraghi ( Princess Caroline's son) with Greta Thunberg.......great effort guys:flowers:

Just changing the subject completely, if Harry and Meghan want to do the right thing by climate change, why doesn't Harry do some thing like Pierre Casiraghi ( Princess Caroline's son) with Greta Thunberg.......great effort guys:flowers:

Cross the ocean and fly back with part of the crew from the States and have other crew members fly to the States for Greta Thunberg's publicity stunt?!

She admitted herself that publicity was the main purpose - and she did indeed succeed in raising awareness but costing the environment much more than flying herself would have; which she accepted as part of the deal.

So, I am not sure that would be such a smart move as he surely would be more heavily criticized (hypocracy!) than Pierre has been :flowers:.

Last edited:

There are a few reasons I can think of why this wouldn't be a good idea for Harry.
  • Flying isn't the only way to 'do the right thing by climate change' no need for everyone to focus on just that method.
  • It took Greta 2 weeks just to travel one way, Harry has an infant at home he shouldn't be away from him that long unless absolutely necessary and Archie shouldn't be traveling that method at his age.
  • With all the threats and security concerns surrounding Harry/Meghan... staying in the open waters that long could be dangerous.

I honestly don't see the reason people are so upset out the private jet...other than it gives them an opportunity to complain about something Meghan was involved in. Royals have been talking about the Environment and flying privately for years and it only became an issue this year. Sometimes it is better logistically for everyone (royals and regular citizens)....if better flying/environment solutions can come from this great.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've always wanted to try some of their bakes - I don't blame you! I need to stop by when I'm next in the area.

Have to say i agree with that opinion, especially:

Numerous times, I find myself roaring at the television, “For the love of God, if you want everyone to stop talking, then stop giving everyone things to talk about.”

The Sussex drama was driven by outside forces for the most part. Unless they have committed crimes the attention is for profits.

Numerous times, I find myself roaring at the television, “For the love of God, if you want everyone to stop talking, then stop giving everyone things to talk about.”

So... they shouldn't do anything at all? Because the tabloids and the rest of the crowd that follows them for the sole purpose of hate-mongering will inevitably continue to problematise everything they do.

So... they shouldn't do anything at all? Because the tabloids and the rest of the crowd that follows them for the sole purpose of hate-mongering will inevitably continue to problematise everything they do.

And if they did nothing the tabloids would complain about that....

Completely disagree with “if you want everyone to stop talking, then stop giving everyone things to talk about”. Typical victim blaming, it’s like saying, ‘you’re weak, so it’s your fault I abused you’.

The Sussexes haven’t been seen together this week, but that didn’t stop unreliable media from spreading false info that they were at a local pub, that they had travelled to Ibiza, Balmoral’ etc. The same unreliable media that have already published articles saying Meghan has visited Balmoral previously, are now saying that she’ll be going on her 1st visit.

The Sussexes are not the problem, bullying for profits is the problem!

That's so completely unfair. How can Sussexes stop giving everyone things to talk about, when if they aren't even seen, the press makes things up about them. There has been endless articles about the 'vegan paint' Frogmore cottage was allegedly painted with. There were endless articles about Meghan's nail polish for goodness sake. Right now, EVERYTHING they do or don't do becomes an article and then a discussion topic for weeks.

I will be so relieved when the silly summer season is finally over with. Its been sillier than usual this year. Take the various reports out of the equation and basically, we'd have absolutely nothing to talk about right now. We could be writing a book or gardening or baking apple pies or even walking the dog. Dogs are always on the wrong side of the door y'know. :D

Once the summer hiatus is over and duties and engagements start up again, we'll have concrete and credible things to follow and talk about. It can't come too soon for me. I'm happy they have their downtime and private time as its hard to come by sometimes in the royal world but it makes the rest of the world go a wee bit bonkers.

Meghan literally shut a car door. One of the most normal things on the planet to do and it was major international breaking news for DAYS. So this concept of them needing to learn to be "boring" is a little off the mark. It is not them making things a big deal. Far from it.

Some folks still don’t get it. Harry and Meghan aren’t the problem. The outside forces are the problem. They’re trying to encourage others to think the couple are the problem. They’re not.

I believe that, at times, they could better manage official info.

But the problem is that even when they ARE clear, the media just ignores that and runs with whatever narrative they want.

This is all part of an effort to otherize Meghan. Everything she does, hasn't done, or MAY do is blown up to ludicrous proportions and what may otherwise be a perfectly normal thing for a BRF member now becomes this whole production. That is not actually Meghan's fault. That is the media's fault. But it is an intentional strategy to get people to see her as "other" and to hate on her.

So the Guardian piece (a rare one from them that lacks all nuance) is so far off the mark IMO. Meghan (and Harry) literally can do nothing right for some.

I am looking forward to seeing what the Sussex fall schedule looks like. I am hoping for another Sussex Day and for several day aways. Just anything of substance beyond these mindless hot takes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom