General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^ Wow! One of life's little mysteries . . . not!

Ship can't back up anything he's claiming. Until he can he comes off as a gossip reporter.

Archie apparently is getting a lot of visitors
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...-leads-rush-Meghan-Harrys-little-smasher.html

I don't know where DM is getting the sources for this because I don't think the Sussexes would leak to the tabloids.
This is just pure speculation on DM's part.

Serena posted a picture of herself in the ultra regal Grand Salon at the Hotel de La Vaupalière in Paris and the DM took the story to imply that she was in the UK visiting Meghan and Archie and took a photo posing in a royal state room.

Sloppy journalism.

The Daily Mail making stuff up and people falling for it? I am shocked. ?

:previous: Wow, the DM writers seem to have little intelligence or are bone idle and "mailing it in". They are routinely getting names, places and events wrong or, try to fake us out with any old photo.

Now the photo of Serena is amazing! The place in which was shot is OTT ostentatious and if it was a dress I would call it frou-frou but, there is no doubt that they thought they could fool readers into thinking she was somewhere in Windsor Castle. Heaven forbid they thought us all as dumb as a rock and think it was Frogmore C. The notion that that could be the preferred decor of Harry and Meghan.

They took Jessica’s IG pictures and created this entire story. I saw her tweet mocking the daily mail earlier. They said she was in a hotel suite in London when she is back home in Toronto. They stay wrong.

Not surprised that took images of Serena in FRANCE to claim she was in Windsor. That’s very them. Forever wrong.

I am sure some of you saw Harry's friend Nacho's Instagram post. It's not surprising that Nacho didn’t get criticized for defending Harry nor were there any Harry’s playing with fire by having his friends defend him articles.

Of course not. Nacho is 'heart warming'. :bang:

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalty/02019052751613/prince-harry-good-friend-nacho-figueras-tribute

Nor did he get any slack when he posted about their wedding, or them kissing at the polo match last year and so on. He wasn't trying to get spotlight, or defending Harry or anything else.

Jessica taking it in stride

Several posts have been deleted as they were either off-topic or were simply meant to bait others into a response.

Let us move on from the discussion of Jessica Mulroney and her visit to London, to avoid further speculation on her motives (because visiting a friend's new baby isn't good enough) and taking us off-topic once more.

I am thrilled to see they are supporting pride month as their June cause. It is so important that people in places of influence show their support.

Love is love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts discussing Trump's comment about the Duchess of Sussex, have been moved to the State Visit thread. That thread is currently closed, but will be opening shortly.

Also, let's keep this thread focused on Harry and Meghan and not on the Cambridges, or other royal families.

Last edited:
I love how he keeps reaching out for her hand in the video.

That is a sweet compilation video.

I love how the Sussexes are using their Instagram account. It and the official Royal Family website are my favourite places to get information about the Sussexes and the causes they support.

Last edited:
Their support, if of course, great and I am starting to like this monthly focus they do (shame last months was marred by their support of a friends business)

However i don't understand how other RFs are lacking in support, off the top of my head I can think of:

Queen Maxima of the Netherland's strong support for the LGBT community for many years
Crown Princess Victoria's support likewise, she appeared at some LGBT awards in Sweden and was warmly received
King Harald of Norway made that remarkable speech where he said Norway was "a land of boys who love girls, boys who love boys and girls who love girls" (I am paraphrasing from memory).

Of course the Sussex's support adds to all the good works already done.

Their support, if of course, great and I am starting to like this monthly focus they do (shame last months was marred by their support of a friends business)

However i don't understand how other RFs are lacking in support, off the top of my head I can think of:

Queen Maxima of the Netherland's strong support for the LGBT community for many years
Crown Princess Victoria's support likewise, she appeared at some LGBT awards in Sweden and was warmly received
King Harald of Norway made that remarkable speech where he said Norway was "a land of boys who love girls, boys who love boys and girls who love girls" (I am paraphrasing from memory).

Of course the Sussex's support adds to all the good works already done.

I had meant to say the BRF rather than other RFs, so I’ll change the post now..

If I'm not mistaken, prince William featured on the cover of a gay-magazine just last year.

It was actually in 2016.

In 2017, the Queen specifically mentioned sexual orientation discrimination as an issue in her speech for the opening of Parliament.

William has also specifically addressed LGBTQ bullying a number of times in engagements about bullying.

Last edited:
It was actually in 2016. In 2017, the Queen specifically mentioned sexual orientation discrimination as an issue in her speech for the opening of Parliament.
That long ago already? Time flies.

Thank you all - it seems I missed those occasions, though I do remember Harry being a known gay icon a few years back (as was Felipe of Spain IIRC). It's relieving to hear there's a lot more support than I thought from the royals!

Harry was a known gay icon when he was single and younger.

though I do remember Harry being a known gay icon a few years back (as was Felipe of Spain IIRC)

That princes like Harry, Carl Philip and Felipe were hot and popular among gay men doesn't make them icons. There's a difference between being a gay icon and popular within the LGBTQIA community or an ally thereof. People like Lady Gaga, Madonna, Dalida, Princess Diana are/were icons and allies to the community while Harry, who together with his wife and brother has shown himself very sympathetic with said community, could be seen as an ally.
If you wonder why I needed to clarify this it's because we gays take our icons very seriously [emoji23]

Last edited:
it's great to see them supporting organizations related to lgbt+ issuses

Meghan is set to do a photoshoot and an piece for British Vogue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...041/meghan-markle-british-vogue-magazine/amp/

She won't be on the cover but this will get buzz.

Has this been confirmed by anyone else besides The Sun? My antennas always go up unless it's from a trusted source, The Sun to me is not a trusted source. I'm also not saying that the scoop isn't true, but I would like to hear if from a more reliable source.

Its feasible that Meghan will do a photo shoot for British Vogue. She won't be the first to do one. IIRC, Kate did hers back in 2016.

Still, I take anything from a tabloid with a huge block of salt. ;)

Its feasible that Meghan will do a photo shoot for British Vogue. She won't be the first to do one. IIRC, Kate did hers back in 2016.

Still, I take anything from a tabloid with a huge block of salt. ;)

Precisely. It would be nice if true, but I need a more reliable source before I believe it.

British Vogue hasn't been the same since Alexandra Shulman left as editor. She was at the helm for 25 years.

When Edward Enninful took over he promised to get rid of the 'posh girls' and promote 'diversity'.

The magazine has lost a lot of its core readership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom