General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They turned off their comments too. They were having a horrendous time in the comments lately. I can't say I think this is anything but the right thing. Good luck to you.

I really believe we will hear from them soon and often.

I think that the coronavirus is the only reason we are not seeing more from them this week, but as soon as their advisors or agents find how to make the best of the bad situation I expect it will come rolling out in bucket loads.
I have a bet with a friend who is convinced that the Meghan and Harry have already signed an exclusive deal with a glossy magazine showing their new house, life and soon to be announced next baby.
If the world wasn't in the state it is now - I expected a world tour announcement. New website, new twitter and maybe new hairstyle launch followed by a shock and awe campaign in various places around the world.

Well, I can’t say I disagree with the general thrust of this article...Canadians are not happy

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/blizzard-harry-and-meghan-acting-like-spoiled-brats

The Toronto Sun is a pile of trash, and yet I can't say that I disagree either. They came to Canada of their own volition, did nothing of value to the public while they were here (e.g. they were NOT doing public service work for Canadians), Canadian taxpayers contributed to their security costs, and then they just moved onto where they wanted to be all along (LA) without expressing any gratitude.

Last edited:
The Toronto Sun is a pile of trash, and yet I can't say that I disagree either. They came to Canada of their own volition, did nothing of value to the public while they were here (e.g. they were NOT doing public service work for Canadians), Canadian taxpayers contributed to their security costs, and then they just moved onto where they wanted to be all along (LA) without expressing any gratitude.

I love Canada; I hate that it’s often treated as an extension of America. I’m not surprised that Harry and Meghan failed to thank and show any appreciation for the country that provided them a home; at every step in this entire process, they’ve demonstrated thoughtlessness and ingratitude.

I love Canada; I hate that it’s often treated as an extension of America. I’m not surprised that Harry and Meghan failed to thank and show any appreciation for the country that provided them a home; at every step in this entire process, they’ve demonstrated thoughtlessness and ingratitude.

You'd think that having lived here for so many years, at least Meghan would have known better than to treat Canada like "America lite" to ease their transition from the UK to the US, but the two of them don't seem to care. So much for their affinity with the Commonwealth and her attachment to Canada (as a place where she once lived and thrived). I'm fine with them moving on, but I never want to hear from them again about their feelings toward Canada, or whatever nonsense they were peddling at Canada House in London back in January.

Oh c'mon! They are in private business now: Good news, bad news, it does not matter! But they have to keep us talking - Their brand is based on publicity.

So I take them serious, when they say:"We look forward to reconnecting with you soon." (see post https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...art-one-may-2019-a-46407-105.html#post2304670 )

I think we will see them in the fall. I'm really not expecting to see much of them in the coming weeks or months at all. We would have obviously saw Harry in the UK this week for the Marathon and them for the Invictus Games and Trooping, but none of that is happening. There is really no reason to be seen. The world is paused.

Given the current world situation I think it's hard to say when we will get to see the Sussexes in the "flesh" (or through a computer screen for us who are not so lucky to go to the said event they will or might be at). Some scientists are saying that COVID-19 could last until this time next year, so who knows when we'll be given the all clear.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/world/europe/prince-harry-meghan-markle.html
"Buckingham Palace is holding on to the couple’s former communications secretary, Sara Latham. Ms. Latham, an American who has divided her time between Washington and London, will advise Queen Elizabeth II on special projects. A former White House aide who worked for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, Ms. Latham is viewed as well-connected on both sides of the Atlantic."

All I see is that there was no *public* thank you or acknowledgement to the Canadian people or various different departments. This would have been expected if the Sussexes were in Canada as working members of the "Firm" or on a diplomatic mission or any reason that they would be required to acknowledge the public. They weren't. They were there in a private capacity and for all we know, they did show appreciation to those that warranted it. Privately.

This is what we need to adjust to. Not everything and anything about this couple will be in the public domain. As private citizens ourselves, we're not expected to make each and every aspect of our lives public either. ?

I’d like to think Harry would return home to visit his family, specifically to see how his father and grandparents are doing, once it’s ok to do so.

Please note that posts ignoring the Mod note earlier today have been deleted.

All I see is that there was no *public* thank you or acknowledgement to the Canadian people or various different departments. This would have been expected if the Sussexes were in Canada as working members of the "Firm" or on a diplomatic mission or any reason that they would be required to acknowledge the public. They weren't. They were there in a private capacity and for all we know, they did show appreciation to those that warranted it. Privately.

This is what we need to adjust to. Not everything and anything about this couple will be in the public domain. As private citizens ourselves, we're not expected to make each and every aspect of our lives public either. ?

These two don’t do anything privately. I’m sure they would have at least posted something on their website - not necessarily whatever message they would have sent, but an acknowledgment at least. Also, I didn’t suggest that they should have made any “thank yous” public, but frankly that’s really the only could they have conveyed their appreciation to Canadians as opposed to just the PM (if they could even contact him)

They don't do anything privately? I would argue that did quite a bit privately which cause a lot of complaints from people over the last year. Anyways, we have no idea what they did or didn't do. When they thanked Canada the last time people disliked that as well. So maybe they had another approach.

We will never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

They privately thanked Canadian citizens, who welcomed them and paid for their security? While I get that they probably didn't want the news about them moving to LA (or wherever) in every tabloid, now that it's out they could've just said a few words.

As far as "closing" their Instagram - it had to happen, since they won't be working under Sussexroyal brand anymore. I bet we'll hear from them soon. I sincerely hope they're building now a life that they can tolerate and be happy with for a long, long time.

You'd think that having lived here for so many years, at least Meghan would have known better than to treat Canada like "America lite" to ease their transition from the UK to the US, but the two of them don't seem to care. So much for their affinity with the Commonwealth and her attachment to Canada (as a place where she once lived and thrived). I'm fine with them moving on, but I never want to hear from them again about their feelings toward Canada, or whatever nonsense they were peddling at Canada House in London back in January.

I agree.........Canada? What's Canada?

The Sussexes worked hard representing the Queen, UK & Commonwealth over the past 2 years. 3 successful tours while establishing successful individual projects that had a positive impact on people of the UK all while welcoming a child into the world.

They are walking away from what many see as a fairytale but in reality, was most likely a nightmare. Tiaras & titles can't be bandaids (or plasters) for the constant abuse and bullying they received. In their most recent and final IG post (posted today), they indicated they are stepping back and will be working behind the scenes for a while and I wish them all the best.

Good Luck to the Sussexes in their future endeavors.

Yes, good luck to them. Like many thousands of people right now, plans and work opportunities are disappearing.
Who knows what the next months brings for anyone?

I am very happy to hear of this new plan...they have mishandled their departure from the BRF every step of the way. At this point they need to “go away” for a significant amount of time in order to save their reputations and “brand”.

Sigh, at the end of the day, I wish nothing but the best for Harry and Meghan. The whole last 4 years should have been such a fun time royal watching. Instead it was triggering and many times downright nauseating. Meghan was a historic breath of fresh air but so many just saw her as a threat and let bias get in the way.

I have seen some of the worst come out of royal watchers [not pointing fingers at this space in particular but speaking broadly] these past years and its made this whole thing a very bitter end. Harry and Meghan made mistakes, name a new royal couple that hasn't. But the media, courtiers, and other forces never gave these two a chance.

I hope they take this time to focus on their family, selves and be very careful and strategic with their next steps. I look forward to following what they do next!

Sigh, at the end of the day, I wish nothing but the best for Harry and Meghan. The whole last 4 years should have been such a fun time royal watching. Instead it was triggering and many times downright nauseating. Meghan was a historic breath of fresh air but so many just saw her as a threat and let bias get in the way.

I have seen some of the worst come out of royal watchers [not pointing fingers at this space in particular but speaking broadly] these past years and its made this whole thing a very bitter end. Harry and Meghan made mistakes, name a new royal couple that hasn't. But the media, courtiers, and other forces never gave these two a chance.

I hope they take this time to focus on their family, selves and be very careful and strategic with their next steps. I look forward to following what they do next!

Well said. :flowers:Let us all settle down and get on with praying for good old boring normality.:sad:

Agreed...they have so much to offer society and the world, I also look forward to seeing what is next for this couple.

Me too. I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments expressed here by Zaira and BaiSoSo. I wish Harry and Meghan nothing but the best, and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter of their lives .unfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom