The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1981  
Old 03-27-2020, 05:06 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
> I do not think they will be worried about money. Day to day expenses will no doubt be covered by Daddy, and I am sure some wealthy benefactor (Oprah? George Clooney? somebody else) will have been found who will lend them a suitably special house in LA for a few years.

> As regards paparrazzi, again I do not think they will be worried particularly. As long as they can be pictured in the right setting and control their narrative, I would be surprised if they genuinely had a concern with the media.
Is "Daddy" (I guess that is Charles) going to go on funding them all the time, with the world sliding into recession? Charles will have many demands on his funds for charities... and times will be harder.
__________________

  #1982  
Old 03-27-2020, 06:01 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Is "Daddy" (I guess that is Charles) going to go on funding them all the time, with the world sliding into recession? Charles will have many demands on his funds for charities... and times will be harder.
I have no doubt they would have secured funding up to a certain limit per year from the Prince of Wales for at least the next 3-5 years, if not for the lifetime of Charles. My guess is that any monies that H&M make will obviously be separate from that, and I doubt that will reduce the financial commitment of the PoW in any way.
__________________

  #1983  
Old 03-27-2020, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I have no doubt they would have secured funding up to a certain limit per year from the Prince of Wales for at least the next 3-5 years, if not for the lifetime of Charles.
Im sure they want that, but the present crisis may make things problematic. Can they earn a living at present? I m not sure that they can make their own money, with travel being difficult and there wont be much money for people to buy merchandise. How much will security cost in the present climate. I would not be surprised if Charles is saying to tehm "come home to the UK for the next year or so, until things improve again". That way, they could live safely and security would cost less.

and really, if this had not happened and they were able to earn their onw living I think Charles should be albe to withdraw his funding.. WHy should he support a couple who want to earn their own money and who already have a reasonable private fortune.
  #1984  
Old 03-27-2020, 06:13 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Im sure they want that, but the present crisis may make things problematic. Can they earn a living at present? I m not sure that they can make their own money, with travel being difficult and there wont be much money for people to buy merchandise. How much will security cost in the present climate. I would not be surprised if Charles is saying to tehm "come home to the UK for the next year or so, until things improve again". That way, they could live safely and security would cost less.

and really, if this had not happened and they were able to earn their onw living I think Charles should be albe to withdraw his funding.. WHy should he support a couple who want to earn their own money and who already have a reasonable private fortune.
I am sure Charles will not want a situation where H&M feel financially insecure, and are potentially driven to raising financing from sources that may not be considered kosher. In practice, it does not matter whether that is indeed the case or not, the possibility of it will be enough to ensure that Charles will continue to provide for Harry and his family for the forseeable future.
  #1985  
Old 03-27-2020, 07:00 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,271
I find it all very hard to believe. California or a hotspot. Why would they move their now and place themselves and their son in more immediate danger. Perhaps they plan to but will wait until "normal life.I
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #1986  
Old 03-27-2020, 07:00 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,679
Just want to throw this in the mix. Meghan does have a source of income at this time just from the years she was on Suits and starred in Hallmark movies. I can't begin to guess what the amount is but each time a movie or an episode of Suits is shown in syndication or a set of DVDs is sold with episodes Meghan was in earns her an income. I don't believe Meghan is hurting for money at all and has a nice little nest egg.

This is a prime example but I want to note that the cast of "Friends" attained more popularity with that show than "Suits" ever did. This is just an example of how it works.

"All six cast members ó Courtney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, David Schwimmer, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry ó receive 2 percent of the syndication income, which is about $20 million for each person per year, USA Today reports. The show brings in about $1 billion per year for Warner Bros."

https://ktar.com/story/2373456/each-...due-to-reruns/
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #1987  
Old 03-27-2020, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am sure Charles will not want a situation where H&M feel financially insecure, and are potentially driven to raising financing from sources that may not be considered kosher. In practice, it does not matter whether that is indeed the case or not, the possibility of it will be enough to ensure that Charles will continue to provide for Harry and his family for the forseeable future.
Nice for them. I fear youre right that Charles will feel obliged to go on giving them an allowance for life. As things stand, they can't earn a living and when things improve, I am not sure it will be all that easy.
  #1988  
Old 03-27-2020, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,048
I'm not a bit surprised.
I always believed they'd end up in California eventually; didn't take them very long, either.

If Charles doesn't provide, chances are they'll end in an undignified scramble for money, like Fergie. So I would expect him to provide funds for the foreseeable future.
  #1989  
Old 03-27-2020, 07:52 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oakland, United States
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Just want to throw this in the mix. Meghan does have a source of income at this time just from the years she was on Suits and starred in Hallmark movies. I can't begin to guess what the amount is but each time a movie or an episode of Suits is shown in syndication or a set of DVDs is sold with episodes Meghan was in earns her an income. I don't believe Meghan is hurting for money at all and has a nice little nest egg.

This is a prime example but I want to note that the cast of "Friends" attained more popularity with that show than "Suits" ever did. This is just an example of how it works.

"All six cast members ó Courtney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, David Schwimmer, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry ó receive 2 percent of the syndication income, which is about $20 million for each person per year, USA Today reports. The show brings in about $1 billion per year for Warner Bros."

https://ktar.com/story/2373456/each-...due-to-reruns/

No offense, but comparing Suits to Friends is like comparing a prime rib to Macdonaldís. One is tasty the other is trashy.
No doubt Meghan may make some money from Suits- not much as she didnít earn that much to begin with- even in my country they never aired repeats of the show especially since it got cancelled, and most countries will follow suit shortly if they havenít already, I mean letís be honest itís the kind of generic stupid show where something similar pops up every year on a cable channel, friends on the other end? Like I said: prime rib. Also had a whole lot more rating and star power.

And at the current situation the smartest thing these two should have done was pack their stuff and go back to the U.K..but thatís not what Meghan wants- to selfishly serve and help people, which is why they are likely in California..
Honestly I canít see how they are gonna get anything going right now or in the near future, they donít have the star power (they really donít- just look at their silly posts!) or money.
  #1990  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
No of

And at the current situation the smartest thing these two should have done was pack their stuff and go back to the U.K..but thatís not what Meghan wants- to selfishly serve and help people, which is why they are likely in California..
Honestly I canít see how they are gonna get anything going right now or in the near future, they donít have the star power (they really donít- just look at their silly posts!) or money.
I agree that Meghan's show in no way compares to something massively popular like Friends. I think that Charles might have advised or suggested them come back to the UK for the time being.. as it would be easier to arrange their security here, and less costly and for the moment their plans for work must be on hold. Its still possible, I think to travel back to the UK.. But I don't think Meg would like the idea unless she was very pushed.. and then I think the public and press would have a field day sayng that she had had to come back because she wasn't making money in N America. and if they wait much longer it may not be possible to come back to the uK.

I don't knowif they will go to California though. is this confirmed?
  #1991  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:19 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,679
Thanks for the feedback on the shows. To be honest, I never watched either of those shows so I have no idea but the point being is that Meghan does receive residuals from works she has done.

We will never know what their financial status is at any given time as they're to be private individuals after March 31st so I am withdrawing from commenting on their money, how they may attain it and who's providing it.

They did seem to hit the wrong time to start a new life though and I don't see this virus pandemic going away any time really soon. I just hope that they're safe and warm and healthy. That's what really matters right now.
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #1992  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Just want to throw this in the mix. Meghan does have a source of income at this time just from the years she was on Suits and starred in Hallmark movies. I can't begin to guess what the amount is but each time a movie or an episode of Suits is shown in syndication or a set of DVDs is sold with episodes Meghan was in earns her an income. I don't believe Meghan is hurting for money at all and has a nice little nest egg.

This is a prime example but I want to note that the cast of "Friends" attained more popularity with that show than "Suits" ever did. This is just an example of how it works.

"A/[/url]
do you really think that repeat fees for Suits is going to keep them? sorry I didn't see the post above mine when I posted this. Plese delete it?
  #1993  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Thanks for the feedback on the shows. To be honest, I never watched either of those shows so I have no idea but the point being is that Meghan does receive residuals from works she has done.

We will never know what their financial status is at any given time as they're to be private individuals after March 31st so I am withdrawing from commenting on their money, how they may attain it and who's providing it.

They did seem to hit the wrong time to start a new life though and I don't see this virus pandemic going away any time really soon. I just hope that they're safe and warm and healthy. That's what really matters right now.
No it will be at least 6 months or a year before life returns to normal. And then I think the economy will be struggling for years and its not a good time for them to start selling merchandise. ANd I think that by then the lecture circuit will have lost interest in Harry so that side of their career is not going to do too well.
  #1994  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:30 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,679
I just keep thinking that all things happen for a reason and sometimes the biggest blessings are in the challenges we face sprung at us from out of the blue without warning like this virus has.

I do wish the Sussexes well wherever they may end up and with whatever they do in their lives. Now I'm just going to sit back and watch and wait for news and information. Keeps me off the streets and out of trouble and healthy.
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #1995  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:33 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I find it all very hard to believe. California or a hotspot. Why would they move their now and place themselves and their son in more immediate danger. Perhaps they plan to but will wait until "normal life.I


That was my first thought. Iíd stay in Canada for now. California is one of the last states Iíve choose to move to now.
  #1996  
Old 03-27-2020, 09:06 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm not a bit surprised.
I always believed they'd end up in California eventually; didn't take them very long, either.

If Charles doesn't provide, chances are they'll end in an undignified scramble for money, like Fergie. So I would expect him to provide funds for the foreseeable future.
Harry and Meghan have probably already made millions of dollars in the short time they have been away. Even without Prince Charles, they won't ever have to worry about money. Let get real here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Is "Daddy" (I guess that is Charles) going to go on funding them all the time, with the world sliding into recession? Charles will have many demands on his funds for charities... and times will be harder.
oh for Pete sake, Harry is not broke!
  #1997  
Old 03-27-2020, 09:21 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,763
Right, let's move on now please. Time will tell how the Sussex's will support themselves financially so until we know more officially, let's not speculate on their finances.
__________________
JACK
  #1998  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:00 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 840
As for H and M moving to LA, it’s their life...they can do what they want. The fact that their support group consists of agents and PR people, however, gives me the hives. I DO agree that staying in Canada would have been the more prudent thing to do.
  #1999  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:12 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,026
The duke and duchess were in Canada for six months; this is the maximum stay allowed for visitors to the country. Clearly the decision was taken to not give them preferential treatment in granting either diplomatic status or a ministerial residential permit. The duchess retains her American citizenship so that a move to the United States is a simple solution to their residential problems and I imagine her husband is eligible for a residency visa. Nevertheless it would be interesting to know what American procedure is in this case: American TRF members chime in please!
  #2000  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
The duke and duchess were in Canada for six months; this is the maximum stay allowed for visitors to the country. Clearly the decision was taken to not give them preferential treatment in granting either diplomatic status or a ministerial residential permit. The duchess retains her American citizenship so that a move to the United States is a simple solution to their residential problems and I imagine her husband is eligible for a residency visa. Nevertheless it would be interesting to know what American procedure is in this case: American TRF members chime in please!
It might not be that easy.. for the spouse of an American citizen to get citizenship. and this has been discussed before but to get American citizenship Harry wuodl have to renounce all foreign allegiances. Wherever they live, at present, working is notgoing to be easy....
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (0 members and 7 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
aristocracy armenia belgian royal belgian royal family birthday celebration charles of wales chittagong cht countess of snowdon cover-up crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife cyprus denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; dutch history dutch royal family dutch royals felipe vi future games germany haakon vii henry v hill house of bernadotte house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau jumma kent list of rulers lithuania lithuanian palaces mailing marriage mbs monaco christening monarchism nobel prize norwegian royal family official visit pakistan palestine popularity prince charles prince daniel prince harry princely family of monaco princess elizabeth pronunciation queen paola romanov family rown royal tour shakespeare snowdon spain spanish royal startling new evidence state visit sweden swedish history thailand tracts united kingdom unsubscribe usa videos


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×