General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an adorable photo! It's such a fun age, I'm sure they are all going to enjoy it to the fullest.

The card is so cute! I love the relaxed style and Christmasy background!

LaRae

Cute picture of Archie and the family photo is fine on social media. It shows a baby allowed to be a baby. Sandringham is so formal and the kids are relegated to a room with a nanny. The Sussexes may have wanted Archie to experience his first Christmas in a less formal setting.

Cute picture of Archie and the family photo is fine on social media. It shows a baby allowed to be a baby. Sandringham is so formal and the kids are relegated to a room with a nanny. The Sussexes may have wanted Archie to experience his first Christmas in a less formal setting.

If H&M actually feel that spending a few days with HM and the rest of the family at Christmas will stop Archie being a baby, then perhaps H&M really need to evaluate their relationship with the royal family, and all things royal. Surely Archie is not the first baby to be born to the royal family, and not the last. The others seem to cope quite all right to my knowledge.

George, Charlotte, Mia and Lena have all spent Christmas away from the queen as well. They have all had the chance at a non formal Christmas. So why are the Sussexes needing to rethink anything?

Yes kids have survived queen Christmas for decades. Does that make it fun? You’d have to ask them. But all the formal clothing changes and black tie meals are more geared towards adults. And unlike the Cambridge’s who have Amner to escape to for some private more child friendly fun, the Sussexes would be in the over crowded main home.

I love the Christmas card. The upside to a Modern Christmas card, doesn’t have to be mailed out weeks ago. Means it can actually have a Christmas feel. Instead of random photos from earlier in the year we get a great photo in front of the Christmas tree.

George, Charlotte, Mia and Lena have all spent Christmas away from the queen as well. They have all had the chance at a non formal Christmas. So why are the Sussexes needing to rethink anything?

Yes kids have survived queen Christmas for decades. Does that make it fun? You’d have to ask them. But all the formal clothing changes and black tie meals are more geared towards adults. And unlike the Cambridge’s who have Amner to escape to for some private more child friendly fun, the Sussexes would be in the over crowded main home.

I love the Christmas card. The upside to a Modern Christmas card, doesn’t have to be mailed out weeks ago. Means it can actually have a Christmas feel. Instead of random photos from earlier in the year we get a great photo in front of the Christmas tree.

Well if times were good they would have presumably stayed at Amner as they did two years ago. But things are not good and so don't know where they stayed last year.

I’m glad the Sussexes are surrounded by loved ones and positive energy. This is their first Christmas as a family and I wouldn’t want to be around any kind of tension or negativity either.

They hardly the first royals to miss Sandringham. It’s fine. People going overboard tying to make it more. Also Archie is crawling. Too cute.

I love the christmas feeling of this card :) finally a christmas tree in the BRF ;)
Very cute Archie in a center stage position.

children being kept aside at the children table for feasts is quite common in aristocracy. They later graduate to the adult table. It may be sometimes better for them as it is less boring.

Nanny maria was there at the queen christmas lunch though it was only a family event.

Sandringham will gather less people so maybe no nanny but who knows?

The story of 5 outfit changing and two mass services has been in the air for so long that it sets a formal tone to the event .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes kids have survived queen Christmas for decades. Does that make it fun? You’d have to ask them. But all the formal clothing changes and black tie meals are more geared towards adults.

I have no doubt that over the years, the parents of the children will have worked with the royal household to make it a fun event for the children. Just because there is no information in the public domain and there is little press specualtion about how the children are entertained and kept occupied through the period does not make it less fun!

I’m glad the Sussexes are surrounded by loved ones and positive energy. This is their first Christmas as a family and I wouldn’t want to be around any kind of tension or negativity either.

They hardly the first royals to miss Sandringham. It’s fine. People going overboard tying to make it more. Also Archie is crawling. Too cute.

Who are the loved ones they are surrounded by ? As far as I understand, they will spend Christmas away from both Harry’s and Meghan’s family.

Obviously their friends no? Doria may have also joined them in Canada

It was announed they are spending Christmas w/Doria already so yes they are with family in Canada. Plus, its clear that Meghan, like many people, has a chosen family she is close to that maybe they have or are spending time with.

I was expecting them to spend Christmas in LA with Doria. I was actually quite surprised when they showed up alone in Canada.

In any case, it is sad that Harry has chosen to be away from his family at Christmas and that Meghan doesn’t really have close family relatives to celebrate the holidays with ( other than Doria, who might not even be in Canada ).

I was expecting them to spend Christmas in LA with Doria. I was actually quite surprised when they showed up alone in Canada.

In any case, it is sad that Harry has chosen to be away from his family at Christmas and that Meghan doesn’t really have close family relatives to celebrate the holidays with ( other than Doria, who might not even be in Canada ).

How, pray tell, do you know they showed up alone?

And your expectations do not equal reality. They never said they would be in LA.

He isn't away from his family his wife and child are with him and they get to celebrate their first Christmas as a family of 3 together in a low key, less stressful environment. If they were at Sandringham they would barely get to see Archie as he would be sent off to the nursery and their (H/M) days would be structured down to the minute. It also sounds like Doria will be there (planes do go from LA to Canada) so she will get to spend Christmas with her only child/grandchild after missing the last 2. The family also gets to catch up with close friends (who sometimes are bigger supporters than family).

Just let them enjoy their holidays and you enjoy yours.

Joyous photo!

If they're in Toronto there's no white Christmas in the forecast:sad: Not that everyone like snow of course!

Who are the loved ones they are surrounded by ? As far as I understand, they will spend Christmas away from both Harry’s and Meghan’s family.

Clearly dear friends who are like family to her and her mom. So again, loved ones. Harry is away from his extended family but based on all that’s happening, likely for the best. They chose to spend Archie’s first holiday this way.

Last edited:
Home is where you hang your heart and a lot of Meghan's heart was hung in Canada over the years. What defines "family" is the relationships themselves and not the biological bloodline. We're allowed to make and structure our own families exactly how we want them to be. ?

Clearly dear friends who are like family to her and her mom. So again, loved ones. Harry is away from his extended family but based on all that’s happening, likely for the best. They chose to spend Archie’s first holiday this way.
Cousins and the rest of the company, sure, but I wouldn't call his father, brother and sister-in-law or grandparents extended family :ermm:

Though, I do want to point out, it's in no way meant in a mean way. In a way, it's a reality that many people face around Christmas (and any other holidays), the endless struggle to keep things fair for both sides of family :lol: We decided alternating between families, one year in the UK and one year in Poland - it's not a perfect solution, but I don't think there is one.

And on a more cheerful note, looking at the window, I really envy them the trip to Canada. I bet it looks a lot more christmas-y there...

The Christmas card of the Sussexes is very pleasant with a happy Master Archie.

I think it is great they have this time and for Archie too it is fantastic. It is just 6 weeks but the soul can do a lot.of.healing in 6 weeks and a lot of searching.

I think people are forgetting that Harry, and William, worked a lot of Christmases when they were single and serving. And the other members if the royal family don't go every year either.

This trip was r and r and there was a lot of nervous exhaustion floating around so it is great for them.

Archie is as cute as a button! Love the Christmas card from the Sussexes. This is one happy family. ?

I have no doubt that over the years, the parents of the children will have worked with the royal household to make it a fun event for the children. Just because there is no information in the public domain and there is little press specualtion about how the children are entertained and kept occupied through the period does not make it less fun!

Maybe they don't want their son to be occupied by royal staff while they are at formal black tie dinners? Crazy thought here but fir their son's first Christmas they may want to be entertaining him themselves, and eating with him. Shocking of a concept as that may be.

I on the other hand never expected them in LA.

One of the points of this trip is recharge. In LA they would have no more privacy then London. The press knows where Doria lives, and friends there. They would have to stay somewhere else for security and paps ephedra likely find them.

The press release said they would spend the holidays with Doria so I don't get your doubt she is there. She has flown to Canada to be with them before. Has she been there six weeks? Considering her job I'd say no but I am sure she was for Thanksgiving and now Christmas.

Meghan is like me and many others. In not having family of your own to rely on your friends become your family, just as important a bond as blood. Janine took the photo. No doubt Jessica and her family have visited. Likely the Litts. I remember a pre wedding photo of Meghan helping Remi and Ryland with their tree. Maybe they helped her and Archie this year.

Many families split holidays between sides. Nothing wrong with royals doing it. Harry has his family with him.

Last edited:
I have no idea what that means. Who notified PA images and on what authority? Why should they not use the image when apparently it was sent to one of the Sussexes patronages?

I'm confused.

The picture in that link isn't the same as the picture posted by the commonwealth trust. Someone (clearly not Sussex Royal) took the photo from the commonwealth trust, photoshopped a much clearer photo of Meghan's face in, and then somehow got it distributed by PA. Open the links side by each and the photoshopping will be obvious.

Original: Doctored: https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...itted-monday-picture-id1190441169?s=2048x2048

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom