The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-21-2020, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, it would be one per person. One for Meghan and one for Archie.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-21-2020, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

And now according to The Guardian, media has been warned not to use the pictures taken during the dog walk:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-meghan-archie

Good luck with that one.

---"The Sun’s front page on Tuesday featured a paparazzi picture of Meghan with her son walking her dogs on a woodland trail on Vancouver Island, accompanied by the headline: “The joy of Sussex.”

The Sussexes issued a warning to the media on Tuesday not to use the picture."---

Old 01-21-2020, 07:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
And now according to The Guardian, media has been warned not to use the pictures taken during the dog walk:

Good luck with that one.

---"The Sun’s front page on Tuesday featured a paparazzi picture of Meghan with her son walking her dogs on a woodland trail on Vancouver Island, accompanied by the headline: “The joy of Sussex.”

The Sussexes issued a warning to the media on Tuesday not to use the picture."---
I think the Sussexes are going to find out that they don't carry as much "clout" as they used to. If they're in a public place and the photographers aren't breaking any laws or infringing on privacy, there's not much they can do about it.

Along with extremely good accountants, they're going to need to pay for and retain extremely good lawyers.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-21-2020, 07:53 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Actually, how many paparazzi photos we got of Meghan while she was living in the UK? Compared to Canada, where she already got photographed like what, three times in a few weeks?, it seems like Windsor (and UK) have given her that much more privacy.
Chris Ship said on Twitter that the U.K. press had an agreement where they wouldn’t buy photos of the Royals in their down time so that’s why we never saw paparazzi photos. Maybe they moved to Canada so they could get the paparazzi photos and help them continue with their brand and getting free publicity?
Old 01-21-2020, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Along with extremely good accountants, they're going to need to pay for and retain extremely good lawyers
You mean the [roundly snubbed] 'Bank of the Prince of Wales' will be expected to cough up for them...?
Old 01-21-2020, 08:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post

Good luck with that one.

Sure - but on what grounds..?
Old 01-21-2020, 08:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarinya View Post
Chris Ship said on Twitter that the U.K. press had an agreement where they wouldn’t buy photos of the Royals in their down time so that’s why we never saw paparazzi photos. Maybe they moved to Canada so they could get the paparazzi photos and help them continue with their brand and getting free publicity?
And then his assertion was thoroughly debunked by folks posting examples of the UK papers running pap photos of various royals including Harry and Meg and the Cambridges in their down time.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Sure - but on what grounds..?
I cannot take another Sussex litigation disaster.

It's too much. Make it stop
Old 01-21-2020, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I cannot take another Sussex litigation disaster.

It's too much. Make it stop
Another step on the road to the 'Vexatious Litigant' notoriety so beloved of Hollywood...

The speed with which they seem to turn into caricatures of themselves is amazing..
Old 01-21-2020, 09:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Another step on the road to the 'Vexatious Litigant' notoriety so beloved of Hollywood...

The speed with which they seem to turn into caricatures of themselves is amazing..
What pray tell is hollywood about this? Again, its tiring but the double standards are becoming absurd, many royals send out similar warnings multiple times a year about photos taken in downtime.

A warning is not litigation although they may file an IPSO complaint. Both Harry and William file multiple ones a year for photos taken.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
What pray tell is hollywood about this? Again, its tiring but the double standards are becoming absurd, many royals send out similar warnings multiple times a year about photos taken in downtime.

A warning is not litigation although they may file an IPSO complaint. Both Harry and William file multiple ones a year for photos taken.
But the bolded words are key--they are not "royals" anymore.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I don't think they're bothered about being papped doing things in public spaces. They've never complained about it to my knowledge. I agree Meghan looks like she's working on her/their brand.
Well, she and Harry are threatening legal action, so...
Old 01-21-2020, 10:20 AM
Nobility

There are lots of public figures have what I call ad hoc photographs taken, walking along the street, leaving a restaurant.

Does every person that has their photograph taken asked their permission before it is taken. The Wessex's were at dinner a couple of weeks ago and their photographs were over the paper. Or are Harry and Meghan saying they are now private citizens.
The Middleton family are private citizens and they appear regularly in the newspapers.
What I am asking is does every photograph that gets published require the permission of the subject before it is published.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Well, she and Harry are threatening legal action, so...
No they aren't. They apparently warned the media not to use the pictures taken on the dog walk. She was in a public place, and looked very happy to be papped from my point of view.

Anyone notice how Henry landed with barely any luggage? Either he's bought a whole new wardrobe whilst in Canada or he's left a lot of stuff at home.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
No they aren't. They apparently warned the media not to use the pictures taken on the dog walk. She was in a public place, and looked very happy to be papped from my point of view.

Anyone notice how Henry landed with barely any luggage? Either he's bought a whole new wardrobe whilst in Canada or he's left a lot of stuff at home.
Oops - the headline on the article I saw said they were threatening legal action, but I clicked on it now and the article states only about the warning.

If she’s so happy, and indeed she looked like she was smiling for the cameras, why the warning ?
Old 01-21-2020, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Or he already moved the bulk of his possessions to Canada before the "website launch" 13 days ago.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:

Or in his new life he is not going to need all those suits and military clothes. Its not like he can't buy new clothes or have stuff shipped over. I wonder when he plans on returning to the UK. Surely he will attend the Trooping of the Colour? But who knows with these two...such a bloody disappointment!

Old 01-21-2020, 11:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Or in his new life he is not going to need all those suits and military clothes. Its not like he can't buy new clothes or have stuff shipped over. I wonder when he plans on returning to the UK. Surely he will attend the Trooping of the Colour? But who knows with these two...such a bloody disappointment!
Just my opinion but I very, very much doubt that he will attend Trooping the Colour or any other ceremony or family event in the UK for the foreseeable future.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I believe this is pretty much at the heart of it. You're right that he's been stupid and selfish but not inherently wrong, per se. However, I really believe that, at least for the time being, she won't want to come or will flat out refuse and he won't come without her. The headlines won't be great either way but I think they'd be worse if he came on his own. At least for a time I would expect to see him only at funerals and possibly his father's coronation if that were to come soon (and for the record, I really hope we won't see any funerals or coronations soon) but even the coronation I'm not 100% convinced about.
The Times reported on Sunday that he will be back in Feb for engagements actually. He is still technically a working royal until the Spring.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
The Times reported on Sunday that he will be back in Feb for engagements actually. He is still technically a working royal until the Spring.
Until the spring, yes. And probably only because there were already engagements on the books that couldn't be cancelled or would look terribly bad to cancel or replace him, though I admit that I don't know what those engagements are. After the official cutoff point I don't look for her to ever be back in any capacity that even remotely involves the RF and for the time being, I don't believe he will, either.

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry