General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost everything posted here (tabloid) is from an unknown source. Instead of all the speculation and negative spin just wait and see what actually happens.

LaRae

Reactions: Fem
THe president's wife does not hold office....
She is an American citizen now though. I believe the US citizenship oath has something about renouncing any foreign Prince etc. (Problematic for Harry). He literally has to officially renounce his family.

She is an American citizen now though. I believe the US citizenship oath has something about renouncing any foreign Prince etc. (Problematic for Harry). He literally has to officially renounce his family.

Harry doesn't need to become an US citizen. Even if Meghan chose to run for office, which there is no evidence she is. Harry can remain in the US and apply for a green card/be a permanent resident and never seek citizenship.

Well the current US-President has a wife of foreign origin .. :whistling:

Are women again messured differently?

Not the same. Melania became a citizen and she doesn't have any royal titles. Harry would have to give up his titles (Meghan too) and Harry would have to become a citizen. The same was true of Theresa Heinz Kerry who would have been a foreign first lady if John Kerry had won. Theresa became a US citizen first.

meghan needs to get new friends - her alleged friends simply drag her down with their 'interventions' with the press. like the episode of jessica mulroney with that black influencer.

meghan needs to get new friends - her alleged friends simply drag her down with their 'interventions' with the press. like the episode of jessica mulroney with that black influencer.

"new friends"... Well, badly informed as I am, I thought, Meghan has distanced herself from the Jessica Mulroney girl... A bit quick perhaps? Who wants to be friends with someone, "who shoots you into the wind" at the slightest breeze? :ermm:

Heavs;2321574[B said:
]I would imagine if Meghan wanted to run for office she'd have to formally give up her title. [/B]It would be very difficult for the BRF to remain not just politically neutral but supposedly above politics if the Duchess of Sussex is running even for local office as a Democrat or even independent. And for the daughter in law of the future king it might still be difficult even if she completely goes back to her maiden name whilst still married.

That said, it is far more likely this article is rubbish and is just capitalizing on various current events, Meghan's reaction to it and the picture of Meghan the DM likes to paint. They're both much more likely to continue on the path of using their platforms to both make money to support their lifestyle and become society influencers like Oprah, the Clooneys, Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bill and Melinda Gates et al (different scale altogether there but still).

Meghan does not have a title. She is HRH The Duchess of Sussex as long as she is married to HRH The Duke of Sussex. So, the only this works is if Harry gives up his titles and place in the line of succession or they divorce.

"new friends"... Well, badly informed as I am, I thought, Meghan has distanced herself from the Jessica Mulroney girl... A bit quick perhaps? Who wants to be friends with someone, "who shoots you into the wind" at the slightest breeze? :ermm:

If Meghan has truly [...][dropped] Jessica, this may be the one time I will applaud her for [...][dropping] any one.
However, Jessica’s -white privilege -racist -mean girl -behavior is nothing new (it has been an open secret for years- as Lainey herself confirmed, and some people have anonymously spoke about it online), I highly doubt Meghan never had the chance to witness this behavior in person, multiple times, and still she stayed her friend...
So I doubt this is true- for now, for many reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's how it comes across to me too. She's dumped her best friend because she got some bad press.

Feelings are running very high at the moment, things don't always come across well when they're said online rather than in person and easily escalate, and a lot of people have probably said things they wish they'd worded differently. Whilst it certainly sounds as if Jessica Mulroney behaved in a very unpleasant way, we all make mistakes, and friends stand by each other when they're in trouble.

Of course, the press may well be completely exaggerating the "distancing" thing.

I doubt that Meghan plans to enter politics, but, if she does, I don't see that having a non-American spouse would be a legal issue.

Last edited:
Meghan does not have a title. She is HRH The Duchess of Sussex as long as she is married to HRH The Duke of Sussex. So, the only this works is if Harry gives up his titles and place in the line of succession or they divorce.

She has a title. It's a title by marriage.

If they divorce, she'll still have a title same as Sarah, Duchess of York has now.

That's how it comes across to me too. She's dumped her best friend because she got some bad press.

Feelings are running very high at the moment, things don't always come across well when they're said online rather than in person and easily escalate, and a lot of people have probably said things they wish they'd worded differently. Whilst it certainly sounds as if Jessica Mulroney behaved in a very unpleasant way, we all make mistakes, and friends stand by each other when they're in trouble.

Of course, the press may well be completely exaggerating the "distancing" thing.

I doubt that Meghan plans to enter politics, but, if she does, I don't see that having a non-American spouse would be a legal issue.

From what I’ve read about the situation, what JM did wasn’t a mistake, but a sign of a real character flaw. Awful.

Friendships end all the time ...over smaller things. I’m no fan of Meghan, and it seems as if she has dumped friends before, but I’m not going to judge her if she wants to distance herself from JM. We have no idea what the talked about, how it all went down....She has the right to be hurt/angry/whatever...

Jessica didn’t have some “bad press”, she threatened the livelihood of a woman, a black woman, publicly apologized (by using the “my best friend is black” bs live, only to privately continue to threaten Sasha!!
All because Sasha generally spoke about an unnamed person (which is Jessica) who threatened her!

And this is not the first time Jessica has done this.

If they divorce, she'll still have a title same as Sarah, Duchess of York has now.

She doesn't have a title. Having a title would mean she holds it in her own right. In her case its like being Mrs Mountbatten Windsor. Instead its Duchess of Sussex. And like any divorced woman who can keep her husband's last name when they divorce, that's the case with her. Meghan, Duhcess of Sussex in no way would be a title. It would be her surname. Just like the German royals who still use their titles, they aren't titles, they use them as legal surnames. They are used as a courtesy title by other royals nothing else.

The only royal women with Titles are those born into the family. Like Princess Anne, Princess Eugenie and so on.

I am not sure how she would dump third cousin twice removed of her mailman who spoke to the tabloids. Or the next door neighbor of the coach of the cousin of Meghan's who spoke to tabloids. Or the other ridiculous 'inside sources'. If they were actual sources, they would be named.

Note when royals you like have 'inside sources say they' people are quick to support the royals. 'Oh their real friends would never speak, what a load of rubbish'. But when you don't like a royal like Meghan, of course the sources are true. of course everything is real. What lousy friends to be big mouthed.

Her actual friends like Benita don't speak to the press. The people she has been friends with for decades have been true. And she has no need to ditch them because the public tend to be lemmings following tabloids.

As for Jessica we have no idea if Meghan ditched her or not. Again only tabloid speculation. You can be angry at how your friend acted without ditching them all together.

Yes Jessica was a [...] and what she did was wrong. But the whole rhetoric of the 'spoiled rich white woman' vs the 'struggling single working black mom' does service to no one. Jessica as a white woman reportedly threatened a black woman's career that's the real story. Not the other labels. Because if you want labels Jessica is Jewish, and while her family has money, they are self-made (talking her family not Ben's). Her grandparents were Romanian Jewish immigrants after WWII. Painting her as a spoiled rich girl socialite whose family has never faced hardship is Incorrect and serves no purpose. Lets call it for what it is, a white woman's attempt to end a black woman's career plain and simple. Wrong, most disgustingly wrong, but no need to paint it with fake brush, to make it sound even worse.

Let's try and keep our language and tone in keeping with the Forum Rules please. Posts using expletives, inappropriate wording or undesirable references have been edited. Accusations of racism have also been removed.

She doesn't have a title. Having a title would mean she holds it in her own right. In her case its like being Mrs Mountbatten Windsor. Instead its Duchess of Sussex. And like any divorced woman who can keep her husband's last name when they divorce, that's the case with her. Meghan, Duhcess of Sussex in no way would be a title. It would be her surname. Just like the German royals who still use their titles, they aren't titles, they use them as legal surnames. They are used as a courtesy title by other royals nothing else.

The only royal women with Titles are those born into the family. Like Princess Anne, Princess Eugenie and so on.

I am not sure how she would dump third cousin twice removed of her mailman who spoke to the tabloids. Or the next door neighbor of the coach of the cousin of Meghan's who spoke to tabloids. Or the other ridiculous 'inside sources'. If they were actual sources, they would be named.

Note when royals you like have 'inside sources say they' people are quick to support the royals. 'Oh their real friends would never speak, what a load of rubbish'. But when you don't like a royal like Meghan, of course the sources are true. of course everything is real. What lousy friends to be big mouthed.

Her actual friends like Benita don't speak to the press. The people she has been friends with for decades have been true. And she has no need to ditch them because the public tend to be lemmings following tabloids.

As for Jessica we have no idea if Meghan ditched her or not. Again only tabloid speculation. You can be angry at how your friend acted without ditching them all together.

Yes Jessica was a [...] and what she did was wrong. But the whole rhetoric of the 'spoiled rich white woman' vs the 'struggling single working black mom' does service to no one. Jessica as a white woman reportedly threatened a black woman's career that's the real story. Not the other labels. Because if you want labels Jessica is Jewish, and while her family has money, they are self-made (talking her family not Ben's). Her grandparents were Romanian Jewish immigrants after WWII. Painting her as a spoiled rich girl socialite whose family has never faced hardship is Incorrect and serves no purpose. Lets call it for what it is, a white woman's attempt to end a black woman's career plain and simple. Wrong, most disgustingly wrong, but no need to paint it with fake brush, to make it sound even worse.

You have got to be joking?!
You seriously don’t think that entire thing had racial undertones to it?
It screamed racist white privilege.
Especially because she attacked Sasha over a BLM post!

Her own apology letter was literally [...] “i’m not racist, see I have a black friend!” And than turning and continuing to threat via dm.
Come on!

Jessica paternal family is Jewish (though I have seen no indication she practice Judaism) but it seems like her maternal side is not (going by her mother maiden name- Coleman is not even remotely Jewish). A person religion is not what causes them to behave the way she has.
For years!
(Hack even Lainey herself admits as much).

[...]
I can not imagine how anyone can not see the obvious racial tones of her behavior.

You did read the part where I wrote, a title by marriage right?

Where I went wrong however is that Meghan, Duchess of Sussex is a style not a title.

I disagree however that ",Duchess of Sussex" becomes her surname, as that's not Henry's surname legally so how can it be Meghan's? Sarah is Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York most commonly known so the surname thing doesn't make sense.

Questions or comments regarding a moderator note should be addressed directly to the moderator, not posted in the public forum. It derails the thread, and is addressed in the Forum Rules.

"It is mandatory to comply with instructions posted by the moderators and administrators. Complaints about moderator actions should not be made in the threads; instead, send a private message to the moderator concerned or an administrator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or an administrator; do not repost deleted material or interfere with moderator edits.

Meghan and Harry may have painted themselves into a corner when they declared that they would have no interaction with certain UK tabs.

As news, (and I use that term quite loosely) breaks about Jessica, Meghan wanting to be president, Meghan asking to leave a BP garden party because she was bored, etc, it seems that the tabs are having a big fun romp with all of this negative subject matter, knowing that the Sussex's stated policy of not refuting or confirming these gossip items gives the tabs a bit more of a free rein.

H and M directing some "inner circle" American ladies or old hands from BP to tamp it all down is at odds with the "no response to the tabs" policy.

I think H and M need to take a lesson from certain seasoned British politicians about developing a thicker skin.

I was thinking of how Diana still had a title but yes Sarah too. They just lost the HRH. I know that if Harry wanted to run for office he'd have to lose the British nationality and that he couldn't run for president for the same reason Arnold Swartzenegger couldn't run for president. But I'm still not sure about titles. I don't think you can have one if you're a US citizen - that's why they give different titles to US actors who are knighted. And there was some talk about giving Angelina Jolie the female equivalent of a knighthood for acting and they were saying in the gossip columns that if they did she couldn't run for an office. So I don't think that Meghan could keep her titles and run for office in the US - not even a minor office.

Jessica didn’t have some “bad press”, she threatened the livelihood of a woman, a black woman, publicly apologized (by using the “my best friend is black” bs live, only to privately continue to threaten Sasha!!
All because Sasha generally spoke about an unnamed person (which is Jessica) who threatened her!

And this is not the first time Jessica has done this.

I don't even know who Sasha is. But if Meghan is going to start dumping friends who are using her title and her position to their advantage she's going to have to start dumping loads of them black and white. Even Oprah used her to an extent. Heck Harry's friends used his position for years - that may be why she had him dump his old friends.

The reality is once you get that title and position you've got lots of social climbers longing to cling to you. I never thought Jessica was a very good friend and I think anyone blabbing to the media should be dumped.

I don't even know who Sasha is. But if Meghan is going to start dumping friends who are using her title and her position to their advantage she's going to have to start dumping loads of them black and white. Even Oprah used her to an extent. Heck Harry's friends used his position for years - that may be why she had him dump his old friends.

The reality is once you get that title and position you've got lots of social climbers longing to cling to you. I never thought Jessica was a very good friend and I think anyone blabbing to the media should be dumped.

Sasha is the woman Jessica attacked.
Jessica behavior towards other people goes long before she met Meghan, it has intensified though since Meghan met Harry.
By all accounts she is not a nice person.

Calling Oprah a close friend is a stretching of the truth.
And if Harry dumped his friends because Meghan blamed them for talking to the press... I look forward to the claims of her dumping her five friends; we all know if Harrry dumped his friends it wasn’t because they were talking: they would not have stayed his friends for so long had they had the habit of talking to the press- at least not without his permission.

And yes, it is true that once you have a title and money and fame people tend to try and attach themselves to you, and benefit from it- for better or for worse.

Did they make any social media posts about Father’s Day?

Did they make any social media posts about Father’s Day?

I haven't seen a thing. Of course that's not to say that Harry didn't speak to his father, but coming from a couple who felt a need to make public the fact that they spoke/Zoomed/whatever with HM on her birthday.....strikes me as kind of interesting. It would have been nice had Harry posted a photo of himself with his father.

Posted it where?
And if Harry had done so (or posted a photo of Archie, as after all, he is a father too) no doubt he would have been criticised by some for being publicity hungry, for publicising Archie after he and Meghan said they wanted him to be brought up as a private citizen, imposing himself on BRF celebrations for his brother's birthday, etc etc.

I've got no doubt at all that Harry phoned or zoomed his father with best wishes and wished his brother a Happy Birthday but did it privately.

There is a chance, Henry wished his father happy Father’s Day in person. He is rumoured to have landed back in the U.K. this weekend due to his 90 day visitor visa running out. He must leave the country for 72 hours and return.

But I agree there is no social media platform for Henry to release a picture, unless they sent it directly to the press to tweet which they wouldn’t do.

Prince Harry and Meghan do not have a social media account to post wishes or greetings. They probably wished his father "a happy fathers day" via zoom and telephone.

Back in May they did not post anything for mothers day, either.

Prince Harry and Meghan do not have a social media account to post wishes or greetings. They probably wished his father "a happy fathers day" via zoom and telephone.

Back in May they did not post anything for mothers day, either.

Query why they did not inform the media, as they did following HMs birthday.

They released that video for charity on US Mother's Day didn't they? That was nice.

Considering what flack they got for publicly annoucing they had spoken to the Queen it's probably a very good thing they haven't put out a press release or anything for Father's Day and kept their celebrations private.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom