Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always the option of going for Gene which is short for Eugene. ?

Actually, if I'm remembering right, William and Kate's youngest is Louis which is pronounced Looey in the French way. It would be the same with Jean. It's pronounced sounding more like John than Jean. I actually dated a French Canadian many moons ago who was name Jean-Marie.

Yes in French speaking places it would be a masculine name. But this baby will be raised in an English speaking country by English speaking parents. Yes Louis has a French name, but the pronunciation of his name is quite common even in English speaking circles. That and Lord Mountbatten. Jean doesn't have the same benefit. There is no such family link either.

The English form, John, on the other hand has a strong family history. Though they would have to get past the so called curse talk.

I think it’s a girl. Victoria!

If the baby is a boy, my guess is: Alexander

I don’t have a clue about a possible girl name.

My guess: Girl - Alice Elizabeth.

Boy: Philip Charles

I have considered Guy [as in Guy Pelly] for a little Lord Dumbarton but Prince Guy of Sussex, doesn't sound right. Have to put the thinking cap back on.

Last edited:
How about Spike? Wasn't that a name that Harry used for a while for social media?

Spike Sussex. Has a ring to it.

Ah well... back to the drawing board. :D

I have considered Guy [as in Guy Pelly] for a little Lord Dumbarton but Prince Guy of Sussex, doesn't sound right. Have to put the thinking cap back on.

I think our parliament might be queasy about that name. :lol:
?

From knowing a few "Guys" in my life, I've learned that the pronunciation of that name isn't pronounced Gai but rather Gee. Its a French name. I have no clue how Guy Pelly pronounces his name though. I don't see that happening though.

It could be much, much worse. Michael Phelps, the Olympic swimmer actually gave his firstborn son the name Boomer. Seriously. Boomer Robert Phelps. I feel for the kid. The bright side is that Boomer was named after Phelps coach who he greatly admires. :D

Then again, H&M could decide to honor Bogart that they had to separate from and call the kid Humphrey. I'd feel sorry for that kid too if they decided on that name. :lol:

I think that the names will be traditional but "in vogue" at present.
Perhaps Emily Diana Elizabeth or Victoria Elizabeth Francis for a girl or Phillip Charles Francis for a boy.

I think that the names will be traditional but "in vogue" at present.
Perhaps Emily Diana Elizabeth or Victoria Elizabeth Francis for a girl or Phillip Charles Francis for a boy.

I agree!
I don't believe they will venture too far from the traditional (not into Zara territory) because they are working royals.

Though it's possible we will see a name once royal that has not been used in a long time, such as Matilda or Frederick.

From knowing a few "Guys" in my life, I've learned that the pronunciation of that name isn't pronounced Gai but rather Gee. Its a French name. I have no clue how Guy Pelly pronounces his name though. I don't see that happening though.

It could be much, much worse. Michael Phelps, the Olympic swimmer actually gave his firstborn son the name Boomer. Seriously. Boomer Robert Phelps. I feel for the kid. The bright side is that Boomer was named after Phelps coach who he greatly admires. :D

Then again, H&M could decide to honor Bogart that they had to separate from and call the kid Humphrey. I'd feel sorry for that kid too if they decided on that name. :lol:

Well in England its traditionally Gai, like in he is a guy. Like Guy Fawkes :whistling:

Think Guy might be right up there with Oliver as names to avoid like the plague. :D

Though the aristocracy has known to go a bit unconventional, there are kids like Wolf out there, I don't think Harry and Meghan will go so far. They will choose IMO something traditional, but names that are still very popular. I think they will go further abroad in the family tree then the Cambridges did.

I hear Harry and Meghan are already looking at schools for the little one and that they are considering putting he or her in an American school. Meghan wants the children to be fully aware of their American heritage.

I wouldn't put any stock in that...

LaRae

I hear Harry and Meghan are already looking at schools for the little one and that they are considering putting he or her in an American school. Meghan wants the children to be fully aware of their American heritage.

They'd only get criticized for putting their child in a school so far away.
But perhaps they'd consider it for university.

Not that it makes it any more realistic, but the Rumor has them going to an American school in the UK. Not sending the kids to the US. There is some American school not far from Frogmore which has led to the rumors.

In reality its a IB school, though it does offer an 'American high school diploma' option as well.

This is the school rumors to be looking at:
https://www.acs-schools.com/Who-we-are-egham

https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/celebrity-news/meghan-harry-child-american-school-646102

Their kids will learn about their mother's country from her, and from visits. American is a nationality not a culture.

It wouldn't be the first time a BRF member had gone to school abroad. Just not for entire schooling.

Charles spent two terms at school in Australia. Andrew spent five months at Lakefield college in Canada.

But then again Harry and Meghan get criticized for doing things other members do all the time.

Last edited:
Right and many cultures within that nationality.

LaRae

There are also American schools at home in London; with the ASL in St. John's Wood seeming like the main one on a Google Search. Pupils can choose between studying under the American syllabus or the IB (International Baccalaureate) and the school runs from kindergarten to grade 12.

There is hope that the name of Humphrey can be used. There was a previous Prince Humphrey. Humphrey of Lancaster, Duke of Gloucester, was the son of King Henry IV of England.

Aren't the potential school rumors for the Sussex baby more apt to be discssed in the Harry & Meghan Are Expecting thread? That's where I posted the recently reported speculation before I noticed it being discussed here which is only supposed to be about baby names and godparents.

moved my reply re: school in the U.S. to the Expecting thread...

Last edited:
It is possible that for a baby girl Harry and Meghan might look to some of the middle names of past Royals.
Queen Mary was Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes
QEQM was Elizabeth Angela Marguarite
The matriarch of the Battenberg/Mountbatten line was Julia Therese Salomia.
While some of these names are well known Royal names, some others like Angela, Julia, Pauline, Therese are very pretty names which re traditionally popular.

The speculations about the name will last till the baby is born, it's normal.

But it's now less than ten weeks till this moment.

It is possible that for a baby girl Harry and Meghan might look to some of the middle names of past Royals.
Queen Mary was Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes
QEQM was Elizabeth Angela Marguarite
The matriarch of the Battenberg/Mountbatten line was Julia Therese Salomia.
While some of these names are well known Royal names, some others like Angela, Julia, Pauline, Therese are very pretty names which re traditionally popular.

How about Madison Mary Diana for a girl and Prentice Alexander George for a boy?

How about Madison Mary Diana for a girl and Prentice Alexander George for a boy?

Are you sure Prentice isn’t going to be bullied on the playground? I wouldn’t expect such a preppy name anyways.

Lady Madison Mountbatten-Windsor. Has a nice ring to it. It would also satisfy the "From MM to MM" inscription on the watch that Meghan brought for herself and that she wishes to pass on to her daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom