Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would actually love to see either Elizabeth or Philip as their child's first names. Don't care about second or third. Just kind of hope Thomas doesn't make it due to all the media mess, but one never knows.

I like David, Phillip and Alexander for a boy. I also think it would be neat if they could work Frances/Francis into the baby's name..

LaRae

No just the Earl of Dumbarton. Lord Chirstian name is for the younger son of a Duke or Marquis.

Correct. So if Baby Sussex is a boy (let's call him David for the sake of example) then he would be the Earl of Dumbarton or David, Earl of Dumbarton. He later has a younger brother (we'll call him Michael for our purposes) who then becomes Lord Michael Mountbatten-Windsor just as their sister would become Lady Alice Mountbatten-Windsor.

I think I got that all right and explained is succinctly. Sometimes I feel like I can't spit it out correctly even if it all comes right in my head.

Following the example of the son of Prince Edward, James, he is presented as James, Viscount Severn. Harry's son would be (Name), Earl Dumbarton. He takes a courtesy title from his father who actually holds the title of the Earl of Dumbarton.

Yes, he would be Lord (Baby boy Sussex name), the Earl of Dumbarton.
He wouldn't be THE earl of Dumbarton as that is Harry's title but he would indeed be known as 'earl of Dumbarton' or as Lord Dumbarton as a derivation of the courtesy title of earl.

Today on the cover of In Touch Magazine I saw the declaration that: The Palace confirms: Meghan having twin girls!
Would the first names of twin girls begin with same letter of the alphabet?

Today on the cover of In Touch Magazine I saw the declaration that: The Palace confirms: Meghan having twin girls!

why woudl they?

Why they would begin with same letter? With my knowledge there is not such rule or practise when British Royal Family gets rarely twins.Names of twins of Monaco and Denmark not begin with same letter.

What a sensational announcement from In Touch Magazine!!!
You don't seriously believe such kind of nonsense?!!

In Touch magazine’s stories are, to say it nicely, unreliable. The Palace has confirmed no such thing. In Touch covers have also said Kate is currently pregnant with a girl and the Queen is giving up the throne to William & Kate bypassing Charles.

Why do people read these trashy tabloids?

LaRae

I think we can exclude Thomas and Samantha �� haha

I like the thought of having Elizabeth or Philip as the spoken name.

Elizabeth Frances Jeanette Meghan for a girl

Philip John Alvin Henry for a boy

But as always i think we will be surprised in the end ��

I think they will be styled as children of a Duke rather than children of a Prince.

For example Lady Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor for a girl or Philip Earl of Dumbarton for a boy.

Last edited:
Why do people read these trashy tabloids?

LaRae

Usually because I'm standing in the checkout lane at the store and the woman ahead of me is arguing with the clerk about her coupons ("it's $1 off!" "yes, ma'am, but that's only for the 16 oz, you have the 6 oz"). So I grab a trashy tabloid to read while I wait.

[emoji2]

Last edited:
What a sensational announcement from In Touch Magazine!!!
You don't seriously believe such kind of nonsense?!!

No, I seriously do not believe the statement of twin girls. However, someone thinks of this idea for a new story.

If it were twins, it would have been officially announced by the Court.

Usually because I'm standing in the checkout lane at the store and the woman ahead of me is arguing with the clerk about her coupons ("it's $1 off!" "yes, ma'am, but that's only for the 16 oz, you have the 6 oz"). So I grab a trashy tabloid to read while I wait.

[emoji2]

Resist!!!! :D

LaRae

Boy: Albert Philip Spencer

Girl: Mary Elizabeth Diana

Godparents may include:

Duchess of Cambridge
Louis Spencer
Mike Tindall
Miguel Head

If they have a son, and the children don't get HRH the son will be Lord Dumbarton....

Wouldn't he be Earl of Dumbarton?

The British rules of usage permit non-royal peers, with the exception of dukes, to be referred to, unofficially, as Lord X. The Earl of Snowdon may be referred to as Lord Snowdon, and Viscount Severn may be referred to as Lord Severn.

Following the example of the son of Prince Edward, James, he is presented as James, Viscount Severn. Harry's son would be (Name), Earl Dumbarton. He takes a courtesy title from his father who actually holds the title of the Earl of Dumbarton.

For example Lady Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor for a girl or Philip Earl of Dumbarton for a boy.

In formal usage his given name would be omitted, just as the Earl of Wessex's son James is "Viscount Severn" instead of "James, Viscount Severn". For example: https://www.royal.uk/succession

Of course, in the event that it were necessary to state his first and/or last name, it would indeed be given as "(Name), Earl of Dumbarton". :flowers:

For a girl -

Helena Alicia Elizabeth
Isabella/e Anne Frances

For a boy:

Nicholas Jean Philip
Christopher (Chris) Charles George

Godparents:

Jessica Mulroney
Benita Litt
Priyanka Chopra
Princess Eugenie

Thomas Inskip
Charles van Straubenzee
Alexander Fellowes
George McCorquodale

A Boy called Jean in the UK will be aka 'laughing stock'...

A Boy called Jean in the UK will be aka 'laughing stock'...

Based on my understanding of UK, and know in US, boys are mostly just name John. Jean is considered a girl name in US.

Jean is a girls name in the UK as well.

The youngest sister of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy is named Jean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom