The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 10:19 PM
Royal Highness

Oh, so in that case, perhaps Catholic or Protestant friends, but no Jewish, Hindi, Buddhist, Muslim, or Jehovah's Witness friends, which would still eliminate Jessica, Priyanka, Serena, and possibly Misha (depending on her faith).

We will probably get to see christening photos via Instagram, but no cameras will be allowed for arrivals and departures at the church.

I'm glad the Sussexes are being strategic regarding their family privacy. There is such an overabundance of positive and negative interest surrounding them now. They are trying to balance what they reveal and stick very closely to their public roles and goals in what they post about. But with the multitude of interest in them, I wish they would simply show a nice full-on picture of Archie because continuing to be abstract about it, makes them seem coy. Has he inherited Harry's ginger hair or not? And why can't we see a picture of the dogs -- at least once, and learn the new one's name? Meghan was always posting pictures of her dogs on Instagram. I miss seeing photos of Guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Not sure why people are guessing the Cambridges since they have made neither Harry nor Meghan godparents to any of their three children. And even they were to make one of them godparent, it’s far more likely to be William than Kate...
IMO, not really. They will be aunt and uncle respectively, and that is sufficient. I don't see any way in the world that either would be named a godparent, and Charles neither. A close Windsor cousin (also perhaps one of the elder Spencer siblings or cousins in a nod to Diana) and very dear friends are the most likely.

Something I haven't seen suggested is the possible naming of a close Ragland relative, such as Meghan's Ragland uncle who is two years younger than her.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:30 PM
Serene Highness

Whoever the couple choose, I know they decided on it really well.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you think that any of Louis Spencer, Viscount Althorp's sisters (the Daughters of Victoria) would be selected as a godmother?
Nobility

I think one of the York sisters will be chosen. Probably, Eugenie. One of Meghan’s friends. Either Abigail or Benitta. Louis Spencer and Mark Dyer.
Imperial Majesty

I always assume do to would be like wessexes kid. Private with photos and information released after. In reality they are all private anyways. All we are missing is them entering the church and leaving.

I don't think Tiggy or Diana friend will be chosen. The couple have enough people to honor. I think we will see an equal balance for the couple.

Stand by my thought Harry will likely have a cousin (either York or Spencer), friend (lean towards Charlie) and Mark Dyer.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Do you think that any of Louis Spencer, Viscount Althorp's sisters (the Daughters of Victoria) would be selected as a godmother?
Any from the Spencer family would be a nod to Diana. *fingerscrossed*
Old 06-30-2019, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Oh, so in that case, perhaps Catholic or Protestant friends, but no Jewish, Hindi, Buddhist, Muslim, or Jehovah's Witness friends, which would still eliminate Jessica, Priyanka, Serena, and possibly Misha (depending on her faith).

We will probably get to see christening photos via Instagram, but no cameras will be allowed for arrivals and departures at the church.

I'm glad the Sussexes are being strategic regarding their family privacy. There is such an overabundance of positive and negative interest surrounding them now. They are trying to balance what they reveal and stick very closely to their public roles and goals in what they post about. But with the multitude of interest in them, I wish they would simply show a nice full-on picture of Archie because continuing to be abstract about it, makes them seem coy. Has he inherited Harry's ginger hair or not? And why can't we see a picture of the dogs -- at least once, and learn the new one's name? Meghan was always posting pictures of her dogs on Instagram. I miss seeing photos of Guy.

IMO, not really. They will be aunt and uncle respectively, and that is sufficient. I don't see any way in the world that either would be named a godparent, and Charles neither. A close Windsor cousin (also perhaps one of the elder Spencer siblings or cousins in a nod to Diana) and very dear friends are the most likely.

Something I haven't seen suggested is the possible naming of a close Ragland relative, such as Meghan's Ragland uncle who is two years younger than her.
With all due respect if he didn't get an invite to the wedding, why would he be named a god parent.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
They don’t have to be Protestant, they just have to be baptized into a Christian religion. So, Catholic or Eastern Orthodox would be fine.
They have to be baptized into a Christian Church using a valid Trinatarian formula. Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, Anglican , Methodist and Presbyterian/Reformed baptisms are generally mutually recognized by each of those churches. Beyond that, it gets more complicated.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Any from the Spencer family would be a nod to Diana. *fingerscrossed*
Or, more likely, just a nod to someone the baby's father is close to.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:56 PM
Royal Highness

In any case, names of possible godparents (who are surely already selected) have been tipped in the below article:
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...ening-details/

Those tipped: Serena Williams, Jessica Mulroney, Mark Dyer, and Markus Anderson. All of these four are accustomed to dealing with media. If there are additional godparents, we may or may not be officially informed. I would think there may be two additional friends of Harry's and a Spencer relation selected.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post

Those tipped: Serena Williams, Jessica Mulroney, Mark Dyer, and Markus Anderson. All of these four are accustomed to dealing with media. If there are additional godparents, we may or may not be officially informed. I would think there may be two additional friends of Harry's and a Spencer relation selected.
We have already covered why neither Serena nor Jessica can be a godparent to a child baptized in the Anglican Church.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Posts about the Christening have been moved to here.