Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Oh, so in that case, perhaps Catholic or Protestant friends, but no Jewish, Hindi, Buddhist, Muslim, or Jehovah's Witness friends, which would still eliminate Jessica, Priyanka, Serena, and possibly Misha (depending on her faith).

We will probably get to see christening photos via Instagram, but no cameras will be allowed for arrivals and departures at the church.

I'm glad the Sussexes are being strategic regarding their family privacy. There is such an overabundance of positive and negative interest surrounding them now. They are trying to balance what they reveal and stick very closely to their public roles and goals in what they post about. But with the multitude of interest in them, I wish they would simply show a nice full-on picture of Archie because continuing to be abstract about it, makes them seem coy. Has he inherited Harry's ginger hair or not? And why can't we see a picture of the dogs -- at least once, and learn the new one's name? Meghan was always posting pictures of her dogs on Instagram. I miss seeing photos of Guy.

Not sure why people are guessing the Cambridges since they have made neither Harry nor Meghan godparents to any of their three children. And even they were to make one of them godparent, it’s far more likely to be William than Kate...

IMO, not really. They will be aunt and uncle respectively, and that is sufficient. I don't see any way in the world that either would be named a godparent, and Charles neither. A close Windsor cousin (also perhaps one of the elder Spencer siblings or cousins in a nod to Diana) and very dear friends are the most likely.

Something I haven't seen suggested is the possible naming of a close Ragland relative, such as Meghan's Ragland uncle who is two years younger than her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever the couple choose, I know they decided on it really well.

Do you think that any of Louis Spencer, Viscount Althorp's sisters (the Daughters of Victoria) would be selected as a godmother?

I think one of the York sisters will be chosen. Probably, Eugenie. One of Meghan’s friends. Either Abigail or Benitta. Louis Spencer and Mark Dyer.

I always assume do to would be like wessexes kid. Private with photos and information released after. In reality they are all private anyways. All we are missing is them entering the church and leaving.

I don't think Tiggy or Diana friend will be chosen. The couple have enough people to honor. I think we will see an equal balance for the couple.

Stand by my thought Harry will likely have a cousin (either York or Spencer), friend (lean towards Charlie) and Mark Dyer.

:previous: Oh, so in that case, perhaps Catholic or Protestant friends, but no Jewish, Hindi, Buddhist, Muslim, or Jehovah's Witness friends, which would still eliminate Jessica, Priyanka, Serena, and possibly Misha (depending on her faith).

We will probably get to see christening photos via Instagram, but no cameras will be allowed for arrivals and departures at the church.

I'm glad the Sussexes are being strategic regarding their family privacy. There is such an overabundance of positive and negative interest surrounding them now. They are trying to balance what they reveal and stick very closely to their public roles and goals in what they post about. But with the multitude of interest in them, I wish they would simply show a nice full-on picture of Archie because continuing to be abstract about it, makes them seem coy. Has he inherited Harry's ginger hair or not? And why can't we see a picture of the dogs -- at least once, and learn the new one's name? Meghan was always posting pictures of her dogs on Instagram. I miss seeing photos of Guy.

IMO, not really. They will be aunt and uncle respectively, and that is sufficient. I don't see any way in the world that either would be named a godparent, and Charles neither. A close Windsor cousin (also perhaps one of the elder Spencer siblings or cousins in a nod to Diana) and very dear friends are the most likely.

Something I haven't seen suggested is the possible naming of a close Ragland relative, such as Meghan's Ragland uncle who is two years younger than her.
With all due respect if he didn't get an invite to the wedding, why would he be named a god parent.

They don’t have to be Protestant, they just have to be baptized into a Christian religion. So, Catholic or Eastern Orthodox would be fine.

They have to be baptized into a Christian Church using a valid Trinatarian formula. Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, Anglican , Methodist and Presbyterian/Reformed baptisms are generally mutually recognized by each of those churches. Beyond that, it gets more complicated.

In any case, names of possible godparents (who are surely already selected) have been tipped in the below article:
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...prince-harry-baby-archie-christening-details/

Those tipped: Serena Williams, Jessica Mulroney, Mark Dyer, and Markus Anderson. All of these four are accustomed to dealing with media. If there are additional godparents, we may or may not be officially informed. I would think there may be two additional friends of Harry's and a Spencer relation selected.

Those tipped: Serena Williams, Jessica Mulroney, Mark Dyer, and Markus Anderson. All of these four are accustomed to dealing with media. If there are additional godparents, we may or may not be officially informed. I would think there may be two additional friends of Harry's and a Spencer relation selected.

We have already covered why neither Serena nor Jessica can be a godparent to a child baptized in the Anglican Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom