The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 01:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedrich Karl II View Post
If they are going get second child name guessing will be very difficult. How many even guessed Archie there?
I saw an article on the betting. The odds of Archie was so small that the company set it at 100/1. A woman bet a few hundred pounds and ended up with about 32k.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedrich Karl II View Post
If they are going get second child name guessing will be very difficult. How many even guessed Archie there?
Actually, our own moby suggested Archibald which is close to Archie. Someone else suggested Harrison. Cyril suggested only two names. All of those are kind of right on the mark.

We all thought that the baby would be named after someone. We were wrong.

Old 05-09-2019, 04:18 AM
Aristocracy

Ok so we got the name out of the way. Let us talk godparents.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:17 AM
Courtier

Unexpected Godparents perhaps.
Samantha Markle, Teresa May, Princess Michael of Kent and the groom of Prince Philip's carriage horse.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTchic View Post
Ok so we got the name out of the way. Let us talk godparents.
I find it difficult to predict. Some have suggested/guessed they will choose some of Meghan's famous friends. Like Serena Williams and The Clooneys (even if George denied it and said he doesn't want to be a godparent). I wouldn't rule them out anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if they picked someone else. Does Meghan have any friends who are not famous/celebrities? Maybe one of them will be picked? Just to surprise us.

When it comes to Harry, it doesn't get easier. According to rumours, there seem to be some problems between Harry's friends and Meghan. Some of his friends were apparently not invited to the wedding. Which makes me guess that some of his friends won't be considered being a godparent either. Tom Inskip is one of these friends, even if I have seen that some people think Tom may become a godparent after all.

Now Harry's former nanny, Tiggy, is suggested as an option. No idea what kind of relationship Harry and Tiggy has nowadays. Are they good friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Unexpected Godparents perhaps.
Samantha Markle, Teresa May, Princess Michael of Kent and the groom of Prince Philip's carriage horse.
I do believe they will choose unexpected godparents. At least it wouldn't surprise me. But I doubt they will pick any Markle. Especially since Meghan has some trouble with her father and siblings (or half siblings). Samantha would probably be the last person on earth that they would consider being a godparent to Archie. I kinda find the others unlikely too.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
I find it difficult to predict. Some have suggested/guessed they will choose some of Meghan's famous friends. Like Serena Williams and The Clooneys (even if George denied it and said he doesn't want to be a godparent). I wouldn't rule them out anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if they picked someone else. Does Meghan have any friends who are not famous/celebrities? Maybe one of them will be picked? Just to surprise us.

When it comes to Harry, it doesn't get easier. According to rumours, there seem to be some problems between Harry's friends and Meghan. Some of his friends were apparently not invited to the wedding. Which makes me guess that some of his friends won't be considered being a godparent either. Tom Inskip is one of these friends, even if I have seen that some people think Tom may become a godparent after all.

Now Harry's former nanny, Tiggy, is suggested as an option. No idea what kind of relationship Harry and Tiggy has nowadays. Are they good friends?

I do believe they will choose unexpected godparents. At least it wouldn't surprise me. But I doubt they will pick any Markle. Especially since Meghan has some trouble with her father and siblings (or half siblings). Samantha would probably be the last person on earth that they would consider being a godparent to Archie. I kinda find the others unlikely too.
Most of Meghan's close friends are not celebrities actually.

I think Serena is out. She is a Jehovah's Witness and they do not do not believe in being godparents to children.

In terms of Harry and his friends, IDK if I believe reports of some grand rift myself. But he is extremely close to Tiggy and is actually the godfather to one of her sons.

My guesses:

Meghan's Side:
Lindsay Jill Roth (I am almost positive about this)
One of Either Benita Litt, Abigail Spencer or Genevieve Hillis

Other possibilities: Marcus Anderson, Heather Dorak

Harry's Side:
Tiggy or Mark Dyer
Jake Warren or Charlie van Straubenzee or Princess Eugenie

Other possibilities for Harry: Zara or Peter Philips or Celia Mccorquodale
Old 05-09-2019, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post

My guesses:

Meghan's Side:
Lindsay Jill Roth (I am almost positive about this)
One of Either Benita Litt, Abigail Spencer or Genevieve Hillis

Other possibilities: Marcus Anderson, Heather Dorak

Harry's Side:
Tiggy or Mark Dyer
Jake Warren or Charlie van Straubenzee or Princess Eugenie

Other possibilities for Harry: Zara or Peter Philips or Celia Mccorquodale
I agree with your guesses, but I feel like Genevieve is more of a "shoe in" than Lindsay, but if I were to harbour a guess on Meghan's side, it would be one of these three women.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:59 PM
Courtier

Lindsay is Jewish; would the CofE allow a non-Christian godmother? Her husband is CofE, but there is no indication she converted; their wedding announcement said their service was a mix of Jewish and CofE elements.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/f...in-jordan.html
Old 05-09-2019, 03:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
Lindsay is Jewish; would the CofE allow a non-Christian godmother? Her husband is CofE, but there is no indication she converted; their wedding announcement said their service was a mix of Jewish and CofE elements.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/f...in-jordan.html
This is why I said Genevieve (whom I believe is Christian) rather than Lindsay. However, we don't know because Meghan's long-time friends are not celebrities an are private individuals.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Several of Meghan's friends from college are not particularly famous.

Harry is godfather to Tiggy Legge-Burke Pettifer's son Tom.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

The Inskips were definitely at the wedding. I saw Skippy arrive. The initial reports after wedding said they were at the reception. It's only recently they said he's not and he hasn't been hanging out with Harry. While, it's a little hard to hang out all the time when one considers the fact that Skippy and his wife moved to DC months ago. Royal Musing did a piece on this.

Royal Musings: So where was Skippy?

Tom Bradby, who is actually friends with the Princes and invited to the Sussex wedding, has gone on record to say that his friends actually urged him to hurry up. So I'd say his friends are still contenders. It's a matter of who Harry wants to choose.

Tiggy lives in Wales, and it was reported that after Meghan and Harry completed their engagements in Cardiff during their engagement tour, Harry took her to meet Tiggy. I believe Tiggy also had a seat in the Quire at the wedding. So clearly, she is still quite important to him today.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Given the fact that the couple wanted the birth to be as private as possible for a baby in Archie's position, I can imagine the godparents will also be non-famous friends of the couple. I agree that some college friends of Meghan's will probably be included in the mix, and maybe even Serena Williams at a push (though perhaps not since she's very well known).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-09-2019, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Given the fact that the couple wanted the birth to be as private as possible for a baby in Archie's position, I can imagine the godparents will also be non-famous friends of the couple. I agree that some college friends of Meghan's will probably be included in the mix, and maybe even Serena Williams at a push (though perhaps not since she's very well known).
It could be but as some others pointed out. They didn't necessarily want everything as private as possible but mainly do it their own way. If they are the first to release a picture of their newborn meeting the queen for the first time (and present him to the media at Windsor Castle), I don't think having a bunch of famous godparents is something they would shy away from. They seem to both want privacy and enjoy their position in the lime light. So, anything is possible imo.

My guess is that we will see an equal number of godparents from Harry and Meghan's side and that Harry's side might include a paternal and maternal cousin (as they also might want to include a friend; it will depend on the total number of godparents).
Old 05-09-2019, 09:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, our own moby suggested Archibald which is close to Archie. Someone else suggested Harrison. Cyril suggested only two names. All of those are kind of right on the mark.

Osipi is correct: I had an inkling that the child would have only two names.
For a godparent, might one of the Lascelles cousins be asked?
Old 05-09-2019, 09:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Osipi is correct: I had an inkling that the child would have only two names.
For a godparent, might one of the Lascelles cousins be asked?
Do we even know if Harry has any kind of relationship with the Lascelles?? You're talking second cousins once removed or third cousins, ones who we don't see at family events. Plenty of much closer family to choose from.

Quote:
Godparents have to be Christian, and at least baptized if not confirmed. Serena is Jehovas witness. Lindsay and Jessica are Jewish which rules them out as well.

I think we will likely see six godparents. Like wedding wedding party, 1/2 and 1/2.

Meghan: 3 friends
most likely:
Genevieve
Benita
Markus

Harry: 1 cousin, 1 friend, 1 role model

most likely:
-Charlie Van Strabaneze
-Princess Eugenie/Beatrice
-Mark Dyer

Possibly a Spencer cousin instead. But if a Windsor, I think we will see a York. Harry has been very close to them over the years. He has a number of good friends who could also be chosen like Skippy.

I don't think Tiggy will be usded. ELF is more likely if not Mark.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Right, I remember somebody suggesting 'Harrison,' as well as 'Archibald.' I remember thinking that 'Harrison' was a good guess! I never would have expected 'Archibald,' and it's not strictly that formal name, but derived from it. I really like the name Master Archie Harrison. It's unique to Baby Sussex! I was also reading that 'Archie' means 'genuine, true,' and 'master' as well! So Archie is Master Master Harrison.

I'm glad @moby and @Cyril have spoken up about their accurate speculations. Someone else also suggested it might be only two names. I never went in that direction. I even thought the baby might have four names, since there are so many possibilities.

I also thought the baby would be a girl. One thing I did get almost correct is the baby's weight. I speculated 7lbs 4oz, and Archie weighed in at 7lbs 3oz, so I was off by only one ounce.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Now that Harry and Meghan have revealed the name of their son, please take any further discussion about Archie's name to the 'Birth of Archie Harrison' thread.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:47 PM
Majesty

For a godparent, might one of the Bowes-Lyon cousins be asked?
Old 05-10-2019, 10:33 PM
Majesty

I've never read that Harry (or William) has much of a connection to the Bowes Lyon side of the family. That closeness with cousins from the QM's family would have been primarily in the Queen and Prss Margaret's generation, and perhaps Charles. Harry doesn't have any first cousins from the Bowes Lyon family. IMO I think he may choose a cousin from the Spencers or the York sisters as godparents.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am thinking maybe The Tindalls or even one of the York girls. It wouldn't shock me if The Cambridges were one. Also his Spencer cousins..Harry seems close to the oldest son of Earl Spencer.

LaRae

Closed Thread