The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 11:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
As I recall Meghan's mother's family were from Malta. Either way I doubt they will use an African name.

LaRae
I remember reading in Morton's biography that the Malta connection was from her FATHER'S side of her family. I think the ancestor was a maid at Victoria's court for some time. That is, at least, what I remember.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ah..I had read it was her mother's family...

LaRae

Old 05-07-2019, 12:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Diana's grandfather went by his middle name, Maurice. Her brother Earl Spencer's full name is Charles Edward Maurice.
Yes, and her father's name was Edward not John. That doesn't mean they couldn't use Maurice's proper first name to honor him. Edmund is far more likely IMO then Maurice.

Quote:
Oh, Edmund is too old-fashioned. I do like the name 'Eddie' though, and some people have that as a given name, without the formal 'Edward' designation.

I like John, Richard, Adam, Daniel, Philip, Gabriel. I think Alexander is an okay name, but I don't care for it too much. If they use it, then Xander for a nickname. Arthur is also okay, I suppose. But it rings old-fashioned to me.

Alexander is already one of Prince George's names. Charles is already one of Louis' names, as is 'Arthur'. And Louis is also one of George's names. Also, there are already two current family connections named 'James': James, Viscount Severn of Wessex, and Kate's younger brother, James Middleton. Harry's other names are Charles, Albert, and David. So perhaps one of these names will be used. Hopefully they won't use Henry as one of Baby Sussex's names, but they might.

I hope Meghan is able to honor her maternal grandfather by using his name, 'Alvin,' in there somewhere. The baby may end up needing four given names.

The Sussexes picking an African name is really a longshot. But 'Mappolo' has a nice ring to it, and it means 'blessed.'

Oh, and Countessmeout, I agree that 'Malcolm' is a very nice name. Also, 'Martin.' I like the name, 'Clive,' too, which is very English. Also, another nice Scottish name, 'Angus.'

Another excellent name, 'Claude,' which is the first name of the Queen Mother's father.

Richard Philip Claude Alvin or

Richard Charles Alvin Henry
Old fashion names are certainly in the eye of the beholder.

Laugh that you think Claude or Alvin are not old fashioned

Xan is already a nickname in the family, Xan Windsor.

Why would James Middleton be taken into account He is not a family connection of any kind to Harry and Meghan.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Ah..I had read it was her mother's family...

LaRae
Tom's family, though they only lived in Malta, they weren't from there. Tom's maternal great-grandmother Mary Bird was from Ireland. She and her British husband moved to Malta (after she worked in Windsor palace). After her husband died, she eventually moved to North America. I guess Tom's grandmother was Maltese by birth.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:25 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
For some reason I think Alexander will be the name.
I’m starting to think you might be right
Old 05-07-2019, 03:59 AM
Majesty

Alexander's been used quite a bit as a middle name by the RF but I think it's lovely and does go with Dumbarton, also. I do hope they pick it, but then I thought that Louis would be an Alexander, so what do I know!
Old 05-07-2019, 06:37 AM
Commoner

I've a feeling they will name him Charles. Charles Alexander David would be nice.

I doubt it will be Edmund, as Earl Spencer has an Edmund...two cousins with the same name would be confusing.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:51 AM
Courtier

On the Spencer side, Harry has cousins named George, Charlotte and Louis so they must not find similar names too confusing.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Or... the could go different and name their son Mark. It reflects both the maternal and paternal side. Mark Dyer for Harry's side and Marcus Anderson for Meghan's side.

The names are endless possibilities for this child and I'm looking forward to the name announcement.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:00 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
On the Spencer side, Harry has cousins named George, Charlotte and Louis so they must not find similar names too confusing.
Oh yes of course...forgot about that...and Earl Spencer's Charlotte is Charlotte Diana! There's a lack of originality there. I think Harry and Meghan will likely be less traditional with their choice...if not Charles then maybe something not used by the Royals such as Benjamin or Matthew.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:02 AM
Majesty

Maybe Edward included in the names because the little one was born on the 109th Death Anniversary of his 4xgreat-grandfather, King Edward VII?

For example: John Edward Francis.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:54 AM
Courtier

George Clooney (as a Godparent) since BabySussex and he shares the May 6th birthday.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Or... the could go different and name their son Mark. It reflects both the maternal and paternal side. Mark Dyer for Harry's side and Marcus Anderson for Meghan's side.

The names are endless possibilities for this child and I'm looking forward to the name announcement.
Good idea, Osipi!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2019, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem7 View Post
My guess: Charles Philip David John. Maybe throw a 'Thomas' in there, if Meghan is feeling especially sentimental.
Good choices, I have wondered about honoring her father, it could break the ice. Maybe give him a chance he is an old man wbo was thrown in to a maelstrom outwith his experience. He made mistakes but so have members of the royal family and they were given 2nd chances.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:09 PM
Courtier

My guess is Charles Philip Spencer but would really like a Thomas in there.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Good choices, I have wondered about honoring her father, it could break the ice. Maybe give him a chance he is an old man wbo was thrown in to a maelstrom outwith his experience. He made mistakes but so have members of the royal family and they were given 2nd chances.
I doubt if his name is going to be used. He wasn't even mentioned in the birth announcement
Old 05-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I doubt if his name is going to be used. He wasn't even mentioned in the birth announcement
You are probably right .
Old 05-07-2019, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I feel like Meghan”s dad has been given several second chances.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Courtier

In theory I like the idea of Thomas being included as an olive branch/nod to the good times, but in reality I think it would be a PR disaster to name the baby for a father she’s not speaking to.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
In theory I like the idea of Thomas being included as an olive branch/nod to the good times, but in reality I think it would be a PR disaster to name the baby for a father she’s not speaking to.
Unfortunately, you are right.

Closed Thread