The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 11:08 AM
Commoner

Richard Charles Phillip for a late guess

Old 05-06-2019, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness

I’d like to see Philip especially since neither Edward nor William choose that name for their sons. Alas, I don’t think they will choose that name. I can’t even come up with a good guess.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:16 AM
Commoner

I told a friend the other day “my money is on May 6”. I can’t believe I was right :-)

In a previous post, I guessed that they’d go with the name Frederick Philip David. I’ll stick with this
Old 05-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

The name 'John' is trending right now, and it does have a nice ring to it.

John, Earl of Dumbarton

Perhaps,
John Philip Alvin
(using Meghan's grandfather's, and Harry's grandfather's names)

The name 'John' was mentioned to the BBC by the former diary editor of The Tatler, because it was one of Diana's father's and grandfather's names. Looking at the genealogy chart of Meghan and Harry, I notice that 'John' is also one of Meghan's paternal ancestor's first names (approximately a four times great-grandfather).
Old 05-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Aristocracy

Nelson perhaps?
Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, "Bigoted Brits will be infuriated and unforgiving. I am already getting emails about how “the woman will pollute the bloodline” and stain national purity" https://inews.co.uk/opinion/columnis...tional-family/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzAp5IhyL4
Old 05-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Royal Highness

I think Nelson sounds too much like a last name, and it doesn't have that great a ring added to Earl of Dumbarton. Probably Harry & Meghan have names in mind, as Harry indicated they've had a bit of time to do some thinking since the baby was late arriving.

I wonder if they actually kept to their admitted desire to not finding out the gender until the baby was born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktptbi View Post
I told a friend the other day “my money is on May 6”. I can’t believe I was right :-)

In a previous post, I guessed that they’d go with the name Frederick Philip David. I’ll stick with this
Perhaps 'Philip,' possibly 'David,' as one of the names. But I doubt 'Frederick' because that's one of Harry's cousins' names: Lord Frederick Windsor. I think M&H will want a unique and special name for their son that doesn't repeat too closely other immediate family names, aside from Philip's since he is so old and a great-granddad.

Come to think of it, 'David' is unlikely as well, since that was the name the former Duke of Windsor was known by.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Probably Harry & Meghan have names in mind, as Harry indicated they've had a bit of time to do some thinking since the baby was late arriving.

I wonder if they actually kept to their admitted desire to not finding out the gender until the baby was born.
Maybe they're like some people I've known and were hesitant to decide for sure on a name before the baby was in arms so they could see if the name felt right for that child. I even know one couple who realized about a week after the birth certificate paperwork was filed that they didn't think the name they'd chosen was a good fit, to the point that they legally changed it as soon as possible!

Not that I quite understand that...my husband and I settled on names early in each pregnancy and couldn't even imagine anything else by the time our babies were born.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:54 PM
Majesty

James and Alexander are the bookies favourites
Old 05-06-2019, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Benjamin and Alexander are my two favorites.
I wish they would incorporate a nice African name to honor the Prince's love of for the continent. Much like Crown Princely couple of Denmark did for their twins.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Gentry

Ok, I am still betting on Weasley name.
Septimus. Arthur. Percy. Frederick (I know, there is one Freddy Windsor, but still). Ronald. Hugo. James and Albus Severus, let's be generous.

Ok, all of them are awful. No Weasley name then.
But press will whine "untraditional" and "broken protocol" if H&M don't choose Weasley name, so, to hell with it, Septimus it is!
Old 05-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenys View Post
Septimus it is!

Rather Primus; it's their first child, not seventh
Old 05-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Courtier

Just another possible (unlikely, but this whole thread is just a thought experiment, really) way for the name to tip a hat to the past: this boy will eventually grow up to succeed his father as Duke of Sussex, a title that has only been held by one other person, Augustus Frederick, the son of King George III. Maybe August or Freddy?

The previous Earls of Dumbarton were both named George. They could have kept a nice line of Georges with that title, but alas, the name is taken already.

Harry's is the first creation of Baron of Kilkeel, so there's no history to tap with that one.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:55 PM
Gentry

Well, my personal favourite English Royal name is Offa. Fat chance for it to happen.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:01 PM
Aristocracy

I think the name will be completely unexpected. Spencer would be a nice family connection.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Serene Highness

Albert Charles Spencer - known as Bertie
or
Charles Philip Francis - known as Charlie
or any of the above with something unusual
Old 05-06-2019, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Bertie would be lovely...
Old 05-06-2019, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lord Felix John Philip, Earl Dumbarton
Old 05-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe use the name of a Scottish king?
Malcolm, Robert, Alexander, or Duncan?
Old 05-06-2019, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

So, ir's a boy!

Given the prominent place of the Spencers in the birth announcement, I do expect a Spencer name and godparent among the names/godparents.

John would be both royal and Spencer. Albert would also have thst same advantage (both Harry's greatgrandfather's name qnd queen Victoria's hsband's name) Or they could choose Spencer as a middle name.

It seems Harry is close to his Spencer cousins; any guesses of whom in particular he is closest to that might serve as godparent?
Old 05-06-2019, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

It would be interesting to see Earl Spencer as a godparent..or perhaps his oldest son, which Harry does seem closer too.

I'm hoping for one of the middle names to be Francis, not sure they would do Spencer itself. I don't tend to think so.

LaRae

Closed Thread